What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

In 2002, Curt Hennig scheduled a shoot interview with RF Video, that was to be released later on DVD.

Hennig was just coming off his short return to WWE, that saw him as a surprise entrant in that years Royal Rumble and Curt even went on to face “Stone Cold” Steve Austin in a singles match on Raw, that was one of Austin’s last TV appearances before semi-retiring.

According to the people in charge of the interview, Hennig was reportedly ready to bury people, including some of his very close friends, including Rick Rude, Bobby Heenan, Paul Heyman and Jake Roberts.

On the day of the shoot, Hennig saw the weather was nice, decided to blow it off and went to the beach.

RF tried hard, but Hennig never rescheduled the shoot.

Indy wrestler Kylie Rae is pregnant.

I mean congrats to her but with her mental issues the last thing any good DR would want is her bringing a child into this world right now. I'm talking about this from experience with a bipolar uncle. Wife and him thought bringing a child in would help she got pregnant. 6 yrs later now they are separated. Still gets to see the kid but both my uncle aunt and cousin all live out of state so we can't really help as much if we wanted too.

I wish everyone the best of luck here
We really don’t know how her recovery is going. It’s important to remember that we truly don’t know these people. Her initial issues get shouted from the mountain top; her path to healing is whispered.

Whatever progress she’s made should be celebrated because the fact she’s still with us in the most important part.

Per NJPW

Taiji Ishimori suffered an injury to his cervical vertebra last night in Korakuen Hall, and will miss the remainder of #BOSJ30.

Details: njpw1972.com/151374

Raj Giri, thinking he was off the air, mentioned on a Twitter Space early this morning that Tony Khan and AEW have drawn up and sent CM Punk a legal letter over the weekend.

Punk and his legal team were informed that he needs to comply with his current contract or they will take further legal action.

WOR: Mercedes Monè has signed a new deal with Bushiroad. The number of dates is not known.

Dave Meltzer was also told Mercedes was scheduled to win the NJPW Strong Women's Championship at Resurgence.

Kevin Nash has revealed that Jeremy Borash is Triple H's new "right-hand man". Bruce Prichard and Kevin Dunn had previously been the unofficial “second and third“ in command under the Vince McMahon regime.

Borash's official title within the WWE right now is the Senior Director of Content and Brand Development.

Willow is an excellent wrestler. It's a shame about Mercedes' injury, but very excited to see Willow carry the STRONG belt for a bit.

WOR: It appears Liv Morgan’s shoulder injury is worse than expected. She will need surgery to fix the issue.

Damage CTRL’s Dakota Kai will undergo surgery for a torn ACL and could miss up to a year of in-ring action.

It's being rumored the new WWE World Heavyweight Championship will share a lineage with the original title.

If true, the new champion will be recognized as the next in a long line of WWE World Heavyweight Champions that began in 2002.

Kota Ibushi tells Dark Puroresu Flowsion that WWE is still of interest to him. Especially if he is allowed to work along side guys like Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura, among be allowed to train other wrestlers.

Shota Umino was welcomed into the Blackpool Combat Club by Jon Moxley this past weekend in a post-match promo, following NJPW “Resurgence” in Long Beach.

24 years ago today Owen Hart passed away in what was the most horrific accident in WWF/E history. The PPV Over the Edge would continue going on after the accident.

Later that evening Jim Ross would have to deliver the news that Owen had passed. Here is how he remembers is.

“In the chaos Kevin Dunn, the Executive Producer, thought that I had been told what the deal was. I said, ‘Kevin, no one has told us anything. What is the update?’ And [Dunn] said, he’s dead. And you’re back in 10… 9… On camera what people saw was 10 seconds of preparation. I didn’t know what to say and it wasn’t storyline. I got very numb after that night. My hands were shaking, my stomach was hurting. I was just… I was… damn, man.”

Indy wrestler Kylie Rae is pregnant.

I mean congrats to her but with her mental issues the last thing any good DR would want is her bringing a child into this world right now. I'm talking about this from experience with a bipolar uncle. Wife and him thought bringing a child in would help she got pregnant. 6 yrs later now they are separated. Still gets to see the kid but both my uncle aunt and cousin all live out of state so we can't really help as much if we wanted too.

I wish everyone the best of luck here
We really don’t know how her recovery is going. It’s important to remember that we truly don’t know these people. Her initial issues get shouted from the mountain top; her path to healing is whispered.

Whatever progress she’s made should be celebrated because the fact she’s still with us in the most important part.

I agree I'm just pointing from experience dealing with people like this a child is the last thing you want them to have in their life. There's a high chance the child develops the issues too. My concern is on both the mother and child at that point. I also did a research project end of SR yr hs called a Senior project. We had a do a work study/intership somewhere or write a paper on a cause that was 12 pages with a cover sheet and work cited plus a 1O min presentation on it. I did mine on Bi-polar given my Uncle has it and not much was being said at the time. One of the things I kept reading on and doubled checked recently was people with bipolar SHOULD NOT HAVE CHILDREN AS IT'S HEREDITARY and could be passed on to the child.

Thankfully in my Uncle's case so far my little cousin doesn't seem to have any stages of this right now but she's also a bit too young for a proper diagnosis. However my aunt has taken her away from my uncle and she might be looking for a separation of sorts.

So my biggest concern for Kylie here is how she adapts to all of this.

I'm just realizing this now but the same day of Owen Hart Death we lost Hana Kimura too what a **** day in wrestling this is.

3 years ago today, we lost Hana Kimura due to severe online bullying.

Continue to rest peacefully, princess.

The belief is that CM Punk will debut on 6/17 at the first Collision show in Chicago and that the issues have been settled.

Unless things change, Chicago will be announced tonight. How the announcement of Punk's return will be handled is unknown.

- Dave Meltzer

The belief is that CM Punk will debut on 6/17 at the first Collision show in Chicago and that the issues have been settled.

Unless things change, Chicago will be announced tonight. How the announcement of Punk's return will be handled is unknown.

- Dave Meltzer
Classic Meltzer. Talk like something might happen when in reality he likely knows nothing, and when it doesn't, "things changed." There's a reason many in the business think he's a clown.

NJPW has confirmed the injury to Mercedes Monè:

“During her match with Willow Nightingale in the main event of NJPW “Resurgence” on May 21st, Mercedes Moné sustained an injury to her right ankle.

Moné underwent a thorough appraisal of her injury immediately after her match and began treatment.

New Japan Pro-Wrestling joins fans around the world in wishing Mercedes Moné a full and fast recovery.”

TK always doing more to provide for wrestlers

AEW President and CEO Tony Khan paid for Mark Davis’s recent meniscus surgery, even though the Aussie Open member was not officially under contract with him at the time of injury.

- Dave Meltzer
Classic Meltzer. Talk like something might happen when in reality he likely knows nothing, and when it doesn't, "things changed." There's a reason many in the business think he's a clown.

Like I've said before most of these dirt sheets do the same thing now. Fightful reported an hour before it was announced that WWE and AEW were both interested in Aussie Open an hour later AEW announced that Aussie Open was new members of the roster. Last few yrs of Wrestling INC with Raj they were doing this constantly. Plausible deniability.

Hell Wrestlevotes throws **** up on the wall these days hoping something sticks.

If SRS isn't reporting, don't believe it.

Guy is constantly ahead of the curve on wrestling news. Most of these other guys subscribe to his Patreon to snag his news and then report it after he does. Love that he calls them out on it too 👍 Most of them post his work word for word without crediting. Sad state of journalism

Guy is constantly ahead of the curve on wrestling news. Most of these other guys subscribe to his Patreon to snag his news and then report it after he does. Love that he calls them out on it too 👍 Most of them post his work word for word without crediting. Sad state of journalism
Big fan of SRS. Guy is doing great work right now.

Meltzer is fantastic for wrestling history, show reviews, and sports business. He is not a scoops guy, and I don't like it when he tries to be.

When he stays with his strong suit, he is an extremely good listen.

Meltzer is fantastic for wrestling history, show reviews, and sports business. He is not a scoops guy, and I don't like it when he tries to be.

I think people love to **** on the guys because of his star reviews and the WWE Stans also think he's biased towards Japan and all. Look he's not wrong in most of his match ratings. WWE isn't known for great matches they are more character and storyline base Soap opera drama driven rather than in ring story telling. One of the reasons I loved NXT in the beginning was it was more in ring action with the Same WWE characters but it was a bit more mature. I will say over the yrs I've grown a disliking to the toxic cult that is the NXT Fanbase thats there live weekly. I've gone over that a few times before. It's why I loved NXTUK. WWE isn't known for great in ring performance or hasn't. Over the last few yrs they've been better IMHO but Japan and other orgs have been doing a lot better in terms of matches. WWE was known for a lot of botches and stuff over the last decade or so and having a lot of unsafe workers. Nia, Mercedes Mone, and others.

Alvarez has wrestling in ring experience so it's not like either of these guys isn't experienced somewhat with in ring action Meltzer is good with a lot of other stuff. Meltzer was really good on scopes yrs ago because WWE used him as their main guy to get stuff out as well as the fact he's lost a lot of sources he's had in WWE over time do to change of jobs and other things by these guys. WWE for awhile was using Justin Barasso as their new DM too.

You do realize over the yrs SRS was accused of doing this to other dirt sheets as well right? That's how he got his start in the business by stealing content from others. Even if people are stealing his stuff is true it's kind of ironic since he use to do it as well. He also has a fake Facebook account he uses to troll others on and harass them. I was on another site that doesn't do articles but just post stuff they've seen around from all sources then do a pod on Thursdays talking everything from Japan, MLW, WWE, AEW etc. They reported on Malaiki talking about the ******** that he asked for his internal release and took a shot at what many believed was Fightful's report about him asking for his. This site posted it saying this might have been a shot at Fightful. SRS came on carrying on a temper tantrum.

I know a lot of people might like the guy but the dude has an absolute ego about it. He can't take any criticism of himself constructive or not. His fanbase is a toxic cult who even if people aren't even tagging Sean go and report screen shotted comments. he then goes into their DMs and harasses them.

Most don't know but he lost exclusive all access in the AEW locker room after a few of the women reported him for inappropriate behavior or making them uncomfortable. AEW and TK handled it like pros. TK told him he could still attend media scrums but he also just didn't take away SRS all access but everyone else to not make it look like he was targeting one person because he knew Sean would cry about it. I'm not surprised because I saw him at a few WWE shows among other things in my area for big events and this married guy is trying to get in every girls pants. The only reason a lot put up with him is because they know he gives good PR access that if they go against him he's very vindictive.

The dude is one of the biggest scumbags in wrestling and I'm shocked he wasn't #METOO. I'm sure his wife one day would love to know about him trying to cheat on her with other women.

These are the things I really like from Meltzer. He knows talent rules and goes in depth on these things.

WON: There is a list of AEW talent which would include Bandido, Vikingo, Rush, Komander, Penta, Fenix, Andrade, Dralistico and probably others who aren’t expected to be allowed on Forbidden Door PPV due to New Japan’s strong ties with CMLL.
"Lots of AEW guys have worked for AAA and been champions there like FTR and Sammy Guevara, and even though Kenny Omega actually is the former AAA champion, he’s fine not only to work Forbidden Door but for New Japan in Japan.

The rules are different if you are Mexican."

So it sounds like Mercedes hasn't changed attitude wise and I think it sucks how much people bend over for her. She's a good in ring talent but I think people overrate her and she is a botchfest at times and danger to herself and others. Not sure many are surprised she hurt herself on a botch.

WON: Mercedes Moné had agreed to a longer-term deal with BUSHIROAD when her original deal expired on April 27.
The New Japan Strong championship belt was created for her when she agreed to the longer term deal, after she showed strong drawing power for the San Jose show.

Found this on another place and they are on point overall

Weak ticket sales for Double or Nothing

The sales for Double or Nothing this year have plummeted compared to last year, and I personally found tickets online for ok seats in the ten dollar range.

I blame this on the main event. MJF is a great heel and has the potential to have an impactful world title run. The seeds for the “four pillars” were planted years ago, this match was always going to happen in some form. When the seeds were originally planted, in my opinion, 3 of the four guys seemed destined for stardom. The only one I didn’t buy is Jungle Boy, and given his recent comments I buy him even less now. I’m a big fan of Darby Allin, a few years ago I thought he was destined for the title, but with all the new signings he seemed to get stuck in nostalgia matches with Sting and the TNT title picture. It honestly worked for him. He’s even stated how the TNT title means much more than the AEW title to him on multiple occasions, so him stepping from the shadows simply for a title shot makes little sense. I personally think Tony Khan takes too much heat as a booker, but if he books Sammy Guevara to win I’ll jump right on the wagon and criticize him myself. I don’t think the match is a horrible idea, I just don’t think it was the right time to pull the trigger on it.

This however, doesn’t mean the death of AEW as many marks of other promotions want you to believe. Ticket sales for all kinds of live events are down in the US, the economy isn’t in the best shape. Look at the facts, the same company struggling to sell out an arena is setting records at a stadium across the pond. Also, Wrestlemania 3, which will forever live in wrestling lore as one of the biggest shows ever, as it should, would not have had over 90,000 people if they didn’t give away thousands of tickets and black out the show in most of Michigan. It’s common practice and probably always will be. Wrestling makes money off of advertisers, and events are more aesthetically pleasing when “sold out.” Every major promotion has done it.

Maybe Double or Nothing isn’t the best card the company has ever put out, but this means little in the grand scheme of things. I also hypothesize the lack of ticket sales has something to do with AEW running the same cities over and over. Other than Chicago, where they have a rabid following and Jacksonville which is pretty much their “home” I feel this was bound to happen. Wrestling has done best financially while touring, and every Double or Nothing has been from the same place. I imagine a lot of people travel, and not everyone can afford to spend a weekend in Vegas every year. Maybe it’s time to move it somewhere else.

#JohnnyB

So it sounds like Mercedes hasn't changed attitude wise and I think it sucks how much people bend over for her. She's a good in ring talent but I think people overrate her and she is a botchfest at times and danger to herself and others. Not sure many are surprised she hurt herself on a botch.

WON: Mercedes Moné had agreed to a longer-term deal with BUSHIROAD when her original deal expired on April 27.
The New Japan Strong championship belt was created for her when she agreed to the longer term deal, after she showed strong drawing power for the San Jose show.
"Plans changed"
- Dave Meltzer

Maybe Double or Nothing isn’t the best card the company has ever put out, but this means little in the grand scheme of things. I also hypothesize the lack of ticket sales has something to do with AEW running the same cities over and over. Other than Chicago, where they have a rabid following and Jacksonville which is pretty much their “home” I feel this was bound to happen. Wrestling has done best financially while touring, and every Double or Nothing has been from the same place. I imagine a lot of people travel, and not everyone can afford to spend a weekend in Vegas every year. Maybe it’s time to move it somewhere else.

#JohnnyB
WWE Backlash and AEW's card in Wembley should tell these guys that there are other markets out there that will scarf up tickets in 2 seconds if they come to town. If the E runs a show in Australia, I can see that getting big numbers. Let other areas of the world help support the brand. Absence also makes the heart grow fonder.

“As you know, there are a lot of people that don’t care for me, that don’t care about what I’m doing, they don’t like what I’m doing, they don’t appreciate it. They think I’m insulting professional wrestling or whatever you wanna call it, and then there is a living legend and a phenomenal professional wrestler in Shibata.

He said he wanted, on his return, because he actually almost died doing what he does in the ring and when he came back and was able to wrestle, he mentioned two people and one of them was Bryan Danielson and the other one was me and I really don’t think people understand that. I never thought that a person of that stature would even consider me for something like that and it was truly an honor to beat him. I was terrified because he’s Shibata. But because of that, Shibata and I actually played Roulette last night so, we’re friends.”

- Orange Cassidy (via POST Wrestling)

#JohnnyB
WWE Backlash and AEW's card in Wembley should tell these guys that there are other markets out there that will scarf up tickets in 2 seconds if they come to town. If the E runs a show in Australia, I can see that getting big numbers. Let other areas of the world help support the brand. Absence also makes the heart grow fonder.

Yeah it' mostly the American Economy. Other places love wrestling and the WWE marks AEW Haters just don't get how popular overall wrestling is. Also a lot of people over in the UK aren't happy with WWE after the whole NXTUK failure. They only gave a dam about that produce The E when they'd go over to the UK but overall didn't care. People also accused WWE of doing what they do here and trying to kill the UK Indy scene. There is still a WWE fanbase over there but I would say in the past 5 or so yrs that fanbase isn't as WWE loyal as it use to be and just like wrestling overall. If they were in UK a lot more I could see attendance going down eventually. However the UK and Europe are fans of wrestling in general.

NJPW is just as popular in Australia as WWE is. AEW doesn't have a big draw in the country yet though.

I also don't get having the same PPV in certain places. I get why DoD is in Vegas it was where the first AEW PPV DoD was so I get that. ALLIN first one was in CHICAGO. People just can't afford to travel like they did. Prices of everything in the US has gone up while the employee wages have barely moved. Not to get into politics or anything but overall inflation Minimum wage should be moved up to like $22 PH. This also increases everyone else's wages and salaries overall. For example my meat manager makes $25 per hour most make time and a half Sunday and Holidays. They'd be bumped up. Whatever job you are working in the US would need to be bumped up too. But unfortunately thats not the case and most American's on both sides are voting for against their interest.

My work we just signed a new contract as a UNION a year or so ago. We will get an increase in pay but it won't be anymore then $2.5O in the next 2 yrs. Right after we got a wage increase in February they jacked up all the prices in the store. Over half my coworkers who rely on that job as a means to live can barely afford to shop at their place of work now. They've also docked hrs as well. I was suppose to take a weekend trip to BOS this past February but then looked at my finances. With the $$$ spent on rent and my girlfriend I couldn't afford the trip I thought now. At the summer I was working over 35hrs a week. Now I'm lucky if I get 28 hrs. So yeah financially it sucks and most can't afford. Plus you also have people who were coming from Europe and now with 2 main Wrestling company shows coming back to back months it's probably more affordable to stay in the UK or Europe and go to one or both of those shows. MITB is barely over a month away in the UK

Not watching blood money but apparently WWE will WWE. Seth Rollins beat AJ Styles and Seth is suppose to be out filming the new Marvel movie he's apart of. Why not give the title to a guy who's gonna be there in AJ? Styles since getting to WWE besides the first year or so has been getting absolutely shafted.

Jimmy Uso turns on ROMAN!

ETA: I just watched this match. The Saudi crowd is white hot for this. KO comes out and waits for Sami. Sami comes out wearing the long white shirt he wore on his pilgrimage to Mecca the other day. Sami cuts a promo and introduces him and KO in Arabic.
This was a standard WWE tag team match, with both Sami and KO taking turns being the face in peril. Being a Roman match, there has to be a ref bump. :rolleyes: The end popped the crowd heavily. The Usos got a cheer as they headed back up the ramp. Solo ended up staring up at the lights.

I'm setting up a prayer circle for @JB Breakfast Club

Last edited:
Not watching blood money but apparently WWE will WWE. Seth Rollins beat AJ Styles and Seth is suppose to be out filming the new Marvel movie he's apart of. Why not give the title to a guy who's gonna be there in AJ? Styles since getting to WWE besides the first year or so has been getting absolutely shafted.
Seth's filming is done. This is not an issue.

Japan does it right.

NOAH has issued a warning message about some people's heartless remarks on social media.

“We will consider taking legal action against any defamation that exceeds the limits. Please observe good manners.”

24 years ago today Owen Hart passed away in what was the most horrific accident in WWF/E history. The PPV Over the Edge would continue going on after the accident.

Later that evening Jim Ross would have to deliver the news that Owen had passed. Here is how he remembers is.

“In the chaos Kevin Dunn, the Executive Producer, thought that I had been told what the deal was. I said, ‘Kevin, no one has told us anything. What is the update?’ And [Dunn] said, he’s dead. And you’re back in 10… 9… On camera what people saw was 10 seconds of preparation. I didn’t know what to say and it wasn’t storyline. I got very numb after that night. My hands were shaking, my stomach was hurting. I was just… I was… damn, man.”
Watched this live , 20 years old and had a friend group that would chip in a few bucks to buy the PPVs. First reaction was it's wrestling, everything is work until it isn't. Second thought was the show would never go on if true. However when JR broke the news and my girlfriend asks me if this is real I could barely stumble out 'It can't be' that had no confidence behind it because some things you can't fake and could tell by how JR was that disaster really hit. The show went on, pretty sure my eyes were on the TV, but wouldn't say I was watching it. Was a Bret Hart fan so Bret vs Owen, Hart Foundation stuff was all I can remember thinking about. Couldn't believe the show went on and he died doing a stupid gimmick.

Shota Umino has announced that he, Jon Moxley, and Claudio will take on Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Tomohiro Ishii for the NEVER Openweight 6 Man Tag Titles at Dominion next week. This is not a drill! Claudio in NJPW!

AEW star Darby Allin says he is drafting up a final will and testament, just in case he dies on Mount Everest, which he plans on climbing sometime in the next year.

Users who are viewing this thread