What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Full card for tonight's AEW Double or Nothing PPV: The Buy In pre-show starts at 7 PM EST & the main show starts at 8 PM EST

AEW World Trios Title Open House Match
The House Of Black (Brody King, Buddy Matthews & Malakai Black) (w/Julia Hart) (c) vs. ???, ??? & ???

Unsanctioned Match (Special Enforcer: Sabu)
Chris Jericho vs. Adam Cole

AEW TBS Title Match
Jade Cargill (c) vs. Taya Valkyrie

AEW Women's World Title Match
Jamie Hayter (c) vs. Toni Storm

AEW International Title 21 Man Blackjack Battle Royal
Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Dustin Rhodes vs. Trent Beretta vs. Chuck Taylor vs. The Blade vs. Brian Cage vs. Ari Daivari vs. Tony Nese vs. Penta El Zero Miedo vs. Rey Fenix vs. Juice Robinson vs. Big Bill vs. Swerve Strickland vs. Keith Lee vs. Ricky Starks vs. Kip Sabian vs. Jay White vs. Bandido vs. Lee Moriarty vs. Komander vs. The Butcher

AEW TNT Title Ladder Match
Wardlow (c) vs. Christian Cage (w/Luchasaurus)

AEW World Tag Team Title Match (Special Referee: Mark Briscoe)
FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) (c) vs. Jay Lethal & Jeff Jarrett

AEW World Title Four Way Match
MJF (c) vs. Sammy Guevara vs. Jack Perry vs. Darby Allin

Anarchy In The Arena Match
The Elite (Adam Page, Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) vs. Blackpool Combat Club (Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, Jon Moxley & Wheeler Yuta)

Some reason I ordered this PPV in Spainish. Didn't even give me the English option BR. AEW really needs its own Streaming service soon. I got zero issue dishing out the $$$$ for AEW one of the few things I enjoy spending it on is AEW PPV but they really need their own streaming service

AEW held a mandatory meeting with talent about Public Relations Awareness and the importance of being "off the record" when speaking with Dirt Sheet writers.

The meeting was led by new public relations hire Adam Hopkins, who had over 25 years experience in WWE.

Bryan Danielson spoke at the meeting as well. Danielson said that maybe he isn’t the best person to give advice considering that when he was supposed to be promoting a Kenny Omega match, instead he garnered headlines about how he said apples were tree semen.

Claudio Castagnoli spoke, and put forth the importance of media interviews as a way to promote yourself, your story, and the on-screen program.

This meeting was said to be positively received by talent.

Breeze (fka Tyler Breeze in WWE) announced he is resuming his professional wrestling career and will be competing at Prestige Wrestling’s upcoming “Rose Land 6” event in Portland, Oregon on September 1st.

Legendary British Wrestling Promoter Brian Dixon has passed away. Brian's league All Star Wrestling is the longest running British Promotion going all the way back to 1970. Some of the biggest names from European Wrestling have made their way through ASW including Sir William Regal. We send our condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues.

Blackpool Combat Club beat The Elite in Anarchy in the Arena 2 after Konosuke Takeshita attacked Kenny Omega. Wheeler Yuta then pinned Omega in what may be the biggest victory of his career. Absolutely insane match with dozens of callbacks to previous matches and storylines. If you didn't see it go out of your way to watch this one.

Mark it down, MJF isn't losing the belt until he faces OC. That's what Tony's building towards. I don't get it.
Literally every show starts with him.

It's awful 😔 nothing against the guy but he's a scrawny (and lame IMO) comedic character

And I agree he'll be the one to beat MJF. The only thing MJFs match tonight showed is the complete lack of progress the other three "pillars" have made in 4 years.

Mark it down, MJF isn't losing the belt until he faces OC. That's what Tony's building towards. I don't get it.

It's awful 😔 nothing against the guy but he's a scrawny (and lame IMO) comedic character

And I agree he'll be the one to beat MJF. The only thing MJFs match tonight showed is the complete lack of progress the other three "pillars" have made in 4 years.
Tony is just a complete OC mark :shrug: He dressed up as him for Halloween for christs sake lol And I don't think OC has lost in a long, long, long time.

Orange Cassidy is one of the acts that makes AEW great. If you're a body mark, I understand, but he's so fantastic live. He is out there owning his character and delivering great performances.
They're trying to build up both OC and the International title. At this point in time, I'd say the International belt has more shine than the TNT. IMO they're trying to evolve OC's character from straight comedy to a wrestler with comedic elements. Right now, you can at least view OC seriously to hold a secondary title.

Tony is just a complete OC mark :shrug: He dressed up as him for Halloween for christs sake lol And I don't think OC has lost in a long, long, long time.
And the crowd goes mild!!

Orange Cassidy is one of the acts that makes AEW great. If you're a body mark, I understand, but he's so fantastic live. He is out there owning his character and delivering great performances.
I'm not a body mark as much as, he can't talk. He created that gimmick at least in part to hide that. You can't hide that as a promotion's world champ. What the **** is that guy gonna say at the media scrum after winning the title? Shrug his shoulders and shove the belt back in his Jansen bag? How is he going to go around, do interviews and be the face of the company and try to grow it??

I know the poorly hidden secret used to be is that he really can work and go in the ring, but at the end of the day, his gimmick has a ceiling and it should be the mid card.

I'm not a body mark as much as, he can't talk. He created that gimmick at least in part to hide that. You can't hide that as a promotion's world champ. What the **** is that guy gonna say at the media scrum after winning the title? Shrug his shoulders and shove the belt back in his Jansen bag? How is he going to go around, do interviews and be the face of the company and try to grow it??

I know the poorly hidden secret used to be is that he really can work and go in the ring, but at the end of the day, his gimmick has a ceiling and it should be the mid card.
AEW has always challenged the standards of American pro wrestling because they give all sorts of wrestlers a chance, not just the guys that fit the mold of Vince McMahon's vision for the past 40 years.

You make a good point that he doesn't cut promos like the best do at AEW, but I think promos are the traditional way for wrestlers to connect to the audience. In my mind, Orange Cassidy connects with the audience with every other thing that he does which makes him a rare talent indeed. He doesn't need to take 7 minutes to promote himself or his match when he can be just as effective with less.

OC personifies AEW because he was plucked from CHIKARA/the indies and has only grown what was successful for him in the past instead of conforming to someone else's vision for what wrestling should be. And that's Tony Khan too. He loves it all: American territory, American indies, lucha libre, British chain, puroresu. TK gives his audience what they want, which is a little bit of everything.

Ive read and heard WB didn’t push AEW to resign CM Punk but at the same time they are a bit concerned how TK handled this. WB seems to be more on the side of not wanting Punk around but didn’t openinglu urge AEW in either direction. WB is happy with the #s AEW pulls in and overall business but they also don’t want anything that’s gonna put negative PR on them. It sounds like TK brought punk back more on AEW terms or Punk had fo agree to certain peramiters

Based on the live crowd reaction it’s similar to most fans voicing opinions online. Very mixed

ITS OFFICIAL!!!! TONY KHAN HAS ANNOUNCED CM PUNK FOR AEW COLLISION!!

THE CROWD DID NOT WHOLLY APPRECIATE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT!!! 👀

"The Fiend" returning soon?

WWE has reportedly pushed Bray Wyatt to revive "The Fiend" after being less than thrilled with his "Mountain Dew Pitch Black" match with LA Knight and the direction of the character all together. The WWE also doesn't feel like this new character is nearly as strong as "The Fiend" and won't move near as much merch. For a long period of time "The Fiend" was one of the top sellers in the entire company.

Because of this mystery illness that has kept Bray off TV the talks have quieted, but don't be surprised if when Bray returns, he is "The Fiend" once again.

Rich and famous on TBS last night had Hogan sex tape scandal Vs Gawker. At the very beginning too about 95% of the way through you feel sorry for the Hulkster until they reveal at the end that what he was truly hiding on those tapes was nothing more then an arrogant racist bigot that he didn’t want showing his true colors on

Rich and famous on TBS last night had Hogan sex tape scandal Vs Gawker. At the very beginning too about 95% of the way through you feel sorry for the Hulkster until they reveal at the end that what he was truly hiding on those tapes was nothing more then an arrogant racist bigot that he didn’t want showing his true colors on
I wish I was as perfect as you, because then I could be as super judgmental as you.

WON: The belief is CM Punk and Ace Steel will be heavily involved in the creative of AEW Collision. At least they will be for Punk’s stuff.

But the main angles and storyline on the show will revolve around Punk, and obviously Ace and Punk will have great input into that.

The Wrestling Observer has rated Anarchy in the Arena

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5/5 Stars

According to the Observer, AEW didn’t have the preparation time as they did for Anarchy in the Arena last year, nor did the production team

T-Mobile Arena gave the company limitations for the match and a lot of ideas were shut down by the building because of things that happened in last year’s match.

a memo was sent out internally at WWE stating a new Universal Championship belt will be introduced during Roman Reigns' 1000 Day Championship Celebration on Smackdown tomorrow

I wish I was as perfect as you, because then I could be as super judgmental as you.

If it was a one time thing heat of the moment sure we could say this but the dude not when there's been multiple reports of is.

If it was a one time thing heat of the moment sure we could say this but the dude not when there's been multiple reports of is.
I'm going to take up to DJ here. The sex tape put Hogan's character on blast. Some people knew some things, there were whispers, etc. But the sex tape laid bare Hogan's clay feet. With the advent of shoot media, his contemporaries aren't shy about airing his dirty laundry to the point where IMO his reputation is trash.

There's a difference between being judgmental and calling a spade a spade.

I'm going to take up to DJ here. The sex tape put Hogan's character on blast. Some people knew some things, there were whispers, etc. But the sex tape laid bare Hogan's clay feet. With the advent of shoot media, his contemporaries aren't shy about airing his dirty laundry to the point where IMO his reputation is trash.

The selective outrage is what cracks me about. Ric Flair has just as bad a history of using slurs (just ask Teddy Long) and allegedly sexually assaulted a woman on a plane years ago, yet no one seems to care. And he is all over the place now, from commercials to various arenas using his woooo to rile up fans, and it's all great because "Ric Flair is the man." Ric Flair is the Donald Trump of the wrestling world. No matter what he does and how much awful stuff he does, his fans drop to their knees before him.

Bingo

The selective outrage is what cracks me about. Ric Flair has just as bad a history of using slurs (just ask Teddy Long) and allegedly sexually assaulted a woman on a plane years ago, yet no one seems to care. And he is all over the place now, from commercials to various arenas using his woooo to rile up fans, and it's all great because "Ric Flair is the man." Ric Flair is the Donald Trump of the wrestling world. No matter what he does and how much awful stuff he does, his fans drop to their knees before him.
Oh I go after Flair just as hard usually and would hope more go after him

I don't get it either. I mean, I'm a self-admitted Flair mark. That goes as far as the character, and not Richard Fleihr. I enjoy re-watching his promos and matches, but that's where I keep it.

NJPW Dominion

Osprey will face Omega for IWGP US Title at Forbidden

United Empire TJ P and Akira beat Kushida and Kevin night for JR IWGP Title

After the match Clark Connors comes out and challenges the new champs for the title. UME Dan Maloney turns on UME and is the newest Member of Bullet Club

ZSJR retains the NJPW TV Title vs Jeff Cobb

IWGP Tag Titles for the vacant belts that Aussie Open had to drop do to Mark Davis injury has new title Holders

Bushimod beats HoT and Hanare and Great O'Khan

After match Bullet Club War Dogs new members Gabe Kidd and Alex Coughlin challenge for the title

G1 Particpants: Okada, Nation, Sanada, Osrey, Tanahashi, Finley, Umino, Shingo, Ishi, Tama Tonga, Tonga Loa, Hikuelo, Goto, Yoshi Hashi, Yano, Kenta, ZSJR, Tacho, Eddie Kingston, ELP, Narita, Evil, Chase Owens, Jeff Cobb, G O'Khan, Henare, Gabriel Kidd, Alex Coughlin, Shane Haste, Mikey Nichols, Tsuji, NOAH's Kaito, Kiyomia, G1 33 Participants

ELP has new Theme music and it's in the word of The Miz AWESOME!!!!! Finley retains vs ELP to keep the Never belt with the new Bullet Club members by his side

Mox, Umino & Claudio V Okada, Ishi and Takahashi Never 6 man title match Mox busted open hard way unintentionally from Ishi head butt. Mox Claudio and Umino paying tribute to The Shelld with a triple Powerbomb in this match, Claudio with a signature giant swing on Okada!!!!, Okada, Tanahashi and Ishi Retain. Mox after the match gets a match and says we train with the Best undisputed Wrestler in the world and we bring a Message. Danielson to challenge Okada at Forbidden Door!!!

NJPW HW Title Sanda retains vs Tsuji

G1 this year is going to be a banger. All the young guys returning from excursion, Eddie going King's Road style versus New Japan Strong Style, Kiyomiya out for revenge vs Okada.

This summer is hot.

WOR: Bryan Danielson has a lot more booking influence in AEW than people think.

His and Tony Khan's thought process is said to be very similar and they bounce ideas off each other. For example, the Championship Friday Rampage was an idea Tony & Bryan came up with.

Brock Lesnar vs. Cody Rhodes will take place at SummerSlam, with a stipulation that we have not seen in a very long time in WWE. - Wrestling Observer Radio.

It was also reported this morning that an idea for a dog collar match was shot down by WWE management.

Brock Lesnar vs. Cody Rhodes will take place at SummerSlam, with a stipulation that we have not seen in a very long time in WWE. - Wrestling Observer Radio.

It was also reported this morning that an idea for a dog collar match was shot down by WWE management.
I'm so glad I did not buy tickets to see this in my hometown. Flirted with the idea thinking it would be here that Cody beat Roman.

Users who are viewing this thread