What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Some more stuff

1. WWE draft could change the landscape of WWE drastically
  2. WWE is using Paul Levesque name as to hammer home its his decisions not Vince anymore after negative pr
  3. Damien priest signed a contract extension. Want to give him a leanthy title run and there talk of a solo push
  4. More Wrestlers will have entrance music themes changed by the summer

Cody draws better than anyone in WWE. I was sad to see him leave AEW but knew he’d go home to WWE. I just didn’t expect it so soon. I think the Vince stuff also helped Cody in a way. Vince would’ve pissed off the fans and had Rock vs Roman had Seth and Cody

WWE “WrestleMania XL” is now Peacock’s most streamed entertainment event of all time.

Across both nights, the show was viewed for a staggering 1.3 BILLION minutes over the weekend.

It resulted in the 2nd biggest usage weekend for Peacock of all time, ranking only behind the NFL Wild Card game and following day on January 13/14th.

(Source: Variety)

Tony Khan himself confirms the Dynamite Young Bucks segment will not be a bait-and-switch, via Sports Illustrated

“AEW has a great track record on delivering what we advertise, and it is real footage. This is real-life footage that affected many people.

The decision is based on putting on the best show for AEW, as well as driving interest for Dynamite and our Dynasty PPV on April 21.”

Tony on FTR and Bucks match on Dynasty: “Their rivalry is one of the most significant ever in AEW, and there is a good reason why the Young Bucks are showing this video.

It’s important that the Young Bucks explain the reason why this is relevant going into Dynasty.”

WWE has tremendous momentum right now, but the next few months could be a tough watch with Rollins and Reigns both taking a lot of time off, Rock gone till who-knows-when, and Punk still likely months away from being able to compete. If they are smart, McIntyre will stay in the spotlight; he is white hot right now. His "bondage Undertaker" crack last night almost made me fall of the couch laughing.

The dogs lost their tag titles last night to Frazier and Axiom on NxT. Also If trick loses to Dragunov on NxT spring breaker he’s done in NxT. Bron said goodbye after the show to the NxT crow so both will be looks like on the main roster.

With over 27 million views across all of WWE’s social media platforms, Paul Heyman’s Hall of Fame speech is the most viewed WWE Hall of Fame moment of all time.

Literally half the crowd left after this speech on Friday night it was a great speech

Drew Gulak was quietly removed from the No Quarter Catch Crew's entrance last night on NXT on USA.

During the show, the group’s entrance video no longer featured Gulak’s name. Myles Borne and Damon Kemp went on to lose against the D’Angelo Family of Channing ‘Stacks’ Lorenzo and Luca Crusifino.

Earlier in the night, Charlie Dempsey talked about his match at GCW’s Bloodsport event during WrestleMania weekend in a backstage promo when they were confronted by The D’Angelo Family, setting up the match. Gulak was nowhere to be seen during this.

During a Ronda Rousey interview on NewsNation last week, Rousey specifically mentioned an incident involving Gulak pulling the draw string of her sweatpants as he walked down the hall. Rousey later confronted Gulak over the incident and yelled at him.

Gulak later wrote on X (Twitter) that the incident was a “complete accident”, saying he had meant to shake her hand and in the process, got tangled up in the string.

TKO, the parent company of WWE, has given Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson 96,558 shares of TKO on Sunday, April 7, following WrestleMania 40. The stock received by The Rock is valued at around $9.41 million, as Brandon Thurston of "WrestleNomics” first reported.

The SEC filing has revealed that The Rock received the shares in exchange for services he fulfilled under the new contract he had signed back in January of 2024.

Rossy Ogawa will hold a press conference within the next week to launch the new company ?!!

Recently, being invited by the #WWE for #WrestleMania weekend, Ogawa returned alone back to Japan. Calling the trip "fruitful" yet details are still hidden & will be told when the time is right! Ogawa also stated that while watching Wrestlemania night two, he felt the American fans were passionate from the wrestlers of the past & called it amazing ! (During The Rock vs. Cody Rhodes) As for Giulia's where about, Ogawa stated she wanted to check something else out first, so that's why he headed back to Japan first. As for now, Rossy will continue to be busy completing an overview of the new company and will state it over the press conference, so please look forward to it!!!

Source: Tokyo Sports

With over 27 million views across all of WWE’s social media platforms, Paul Heyman’s Hall of Fame speech is the most viewed WWE Hall of Fame moment of all time.

Literally half the crowd left after this speech on Friday night it was a great speech
Still don't understand why he was first and not last.
Me either I guess maybe they knew people wouldn’t stay? Also this isn’t being talked about as much as it should be. Overall the class was weak. I think if Ali had been alive more people stay. Rocks grandmother was deserving but was part of concessions of Ricks contract. Us Express as good as they were never was in a Wrestlemania together. They could’ve added more flair on the Philly side but it’s obvious Paul like Vince hated ECW and want it buried

There’s no indications as of right now that WWE will change to TV 14 when Raw goes to Netflix next year. One thing that is almost certainly is that Raw could possibly be comercial free.

Tony Khan himself confirms the Dynamite Young Bucks segment will not be a bait-and-switch, via Sports Illustrated

“AEW has a great track record on delivering what we advertise, and it is real footage. This is real-life footage that affected many people.

The decision is based on putting on the best show for AEW, as well as driving interest for Dynamite and our Dynasty PPV on April 21.”

Tony on FTR and Bucks match on Dynasty: “Their rivalry is one of the most significant ever in AEW, and there is a good reason why the Young Bucks are showing this video.

It’s important that the Young Bucks explain the reason why this is relevant going into Dynasty.”
Wow, that just reeks of desperation. Of course if I just watched the EVP I decided to let go tear down the house in the Main Event at the most watched event in wrestling history, I'd probably be on suicide watch too.

Wow, that just reeks of desperation. Of course if I just watched the EVP I decided to let go tear down the house in the Main Event at the most watched event in wrestling history, I'd probably be on suicide watch too.
Yep, and it just makes them look even more minor league than they had been looking already. The AEW diehards who think Punk is the devil will bust a nut over it, as I am sure it will show that Punk fibbed about how things went down, as if we all didn't know Punk is a bit full of it, but this will ultimately make look AEW look petty and small and not hurt Punk at all.

Yep, and it just makes them look even more minor league than they had been looking already. The AEW diehards who think Punk is the devil will bust a nut over it, as I am sure it will show that Punk fibbed about how things went down, as if we all didn't know Punk is a bit full of it, but this will ultimately make look AEW look petty and small and not hurt Punk at all.
TK might as well have Tony Schiavone say 'that'll put butts in the seats' to complete the circle of desperation.

Last edited:

Cody was always going back to WWE they just didn’t let them go. They clearly knew what they were getting into with Cody. Anyone who’s followed Cody’s story since leaving knew this

Holy **** they showed the footage!!!! No sound obviously but punk clearly threw the first hits there
Ok. And ......so what? The Bucks got what they wanted: Punk is gone. Punk got what he wanted: his release to go to wwe.
Everyone already knows Punk is a hothead and old school in this thinking. Perry f'd around and found out. I might watch the footage on YouTube, but probably not

Holy **** they showed the footage!!!! No sound obviously but punk clearly threw the first hits there
Ok. And ......so what? The Bucks got what they wanted: Punk is gone. Punk got what he wanted: his release to go to wwe.
Everyone already knows Punk is a hothead and old school in this thinking. Perry f'd around and found out. I might watch the footage on YouTube, but probably not
Punk is lucky he wasn’t charged with assault you don’t physically assault coworkers no matter what.

Ok...

Even if Punk is a dickbag why tf would you show that footage? This feels like the beginning of the very end. I hate it.

It would have been better if

"Tony Khan doesn't pull bait-n-switches, but Matthew and Nicholas Jackson have no such scruples."

So, he pushed him and front face locked him. I see nothing that disputes what Punk said in the interview. A front face lock was probably a mercy as opposed to what Punk could have done to him.
Well the point is that you shouldn't be doing that regardless.

BUT WHY SHOW IT. God bless, we can't have anything nice. At least Haitch has the conn at the E.

So, he pushed him and front face locked him. I see nothing that disputes what Punk said in the interview. A front face lock was probably a mercy as opposed to what Punk could have done to him.

BUT WHY SHOW IT. God bless, we can't have anything nice. At least Haitch has the conn at the E.
If someone gets in my face, that's exactly what will happen to him. What was he supposed to do, wait to see if perry swings at him?
Yeah, Punk isn't a Saint in all of this, but he could have done much, much worse if he wanted to.

If someone gets in my face, that's exactly what will happen to him. What was he supposed to do, wait to see if perry swings at him?
Yeah, Punk isn't a Saint in all of this, but he could have done much, much worse if he wanted to.
:shrug:

Yes? I just don't think there's place for that sort of behavior, but I get it, it's a lot of testosterone in a business about having the best ego. I don't think it was worth firing someone over either - athletes get into fights all the time - but that wasn't his only offense and I'm sure they were looking for a reason at that point.

Yep, I was expecting footage that showed that Punk's version of what happened was fictional, but it was basically what he said (when he wasn't being vague). And without any audio, it is impossible to know what was said that provoked the first shove. In the real world, that kind of violence is obviously totally uncalled for, but I am not naive to where I think stuff like that doesn't happen in pro wrestling and football and basketball more than we think. Football teammates get in altercations in training camp sometimes. We saw Draymond Green drill a teammate in the face two years ago. Dynamite Kid and Jacques Rougeau both cheap shotted the other decades ago in separate incidents. That stuff happens with athletes who are amped up and playing in a violent sport or participating in entertainment where violence is the attraction. To pretend otherwise is to bury your head in the sand. We already knew Punk was a hothead.

I’d ask anyone who thinks Punk’s behavior was right to go to work tomorrow and fight a coworker, and then berate their boss. I’m curious to know what happens?

That’s all I’ll say on the matter now.

Ok...

Even if Punk is a dickbag why tf would you show that footage? This feels like the beginning of the very end. I hate it.

I think because if you listen to the interview punk says he defended himself. From the footage we don’t know if Perry said something but punk gets in his face and is the first to get physical. Person behind the wall is Tony who he lunged at. I think AEW called Punks bluff.

I was more impressed Will addressing Hunters comments if taking more money to work less and not grind.

Punk took a cheap shot. It’s clear in the video Perry was trying to get out of his way. I just had an incident happen like this at my work. Instigator heard people talking about him but it was the fact the dude did zero work. He went and got in the guys face and laid hands. Coworker defended himself but was suspended and other guy was fired.

This was on our night crew. So just so we’re clear you’re ok getting fired for that?

:shrug:

Yes? I just don't think there's place for that sort of behavior, but I get it, it's a lot of testosterone in a business about having the best ego. I don't think it was worth firing someone over either - athletes get into fights all the time - but that wasn't his only offense and I'm sure they were looking for a reason at that point.
From my understanding it sounds like it was his last chance. Who know if Punk said anything threatening to TK but punk is lucky he didn’t walk to the back after his match with Joe with London police waiting to cuff him. Do that at another job and you are walking out in cuffs.

I’d ask anyone who thinks Punk’s behavior was right to go to work tomorrow and fight a coworker, and then berate their boss. I’m curious to know what happens?

That’s all I’ll say on the matter now.
Your posts just prove that you don't really read or grasp anything else posts; you're just ranting and complaining as if you are on Twitter. If you don't understand the difference between an altercation between two athletes in an industry where violence is the key part of the entertainment and your squabbles at your supermarket, then there is no hope for you.

Users who are viewing this thread