What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official QBBC Season Thread (1 Viewer)

Good Thread, Glad to see I am not the only one having to make decisions each week at QB.Started off the season with Brunnell/Harrington/Rattay have since dropped Brunnell having him as a choice has contributed to my 3 game losing streak early in the season.This week I picked up Griese to start, since Rattay is on bye and Harrington has been shaky at best and with Williams and Hakim hobbled I cannot afford the 150yd 0 TD game which looks likely. That said once Roy & Az get healthy and a little help from the run game Joey could crack the lineup later on this season.Also have fingers crossed that Rattay's arm injury can heal during the bye,(worried that it is a recurring problem that might bother him the entire season to some effect.)

bump.I'd like to see this followed through. I'm sure there are a few people that have taken advantage of QBBC this year, but my gut says it's the minority.I started with Garcia, Plummer, and Gannon.I now have Brees, Leftwich, and Garrard.

lol, I forgot this thread.I started with Delhomme, Gannon and Brunell.Now I have Green and Collins; hopefully Garrard.QBBC only works if your QBs are good. (duh)

I started with Gannon and Delhomme. Now I have Brees and Garcia. After the first two weeks I got waxed by going QBBC. I had 0, 4, 4, 6, 0 points in weeks 3-7, respectively from the QB position (heavy TD league).I was going to make a move for Favre and ditch this philosophy, but started Brees for week 8 :D . I am feeling pretty good now...

I started with Gannon :cry: , Carr, and Leftwich :cry: . I acquired Pennington and picked up Brunnel off of waivers :desperation:. Traded Pennington away.Leaving Carr, Leftwich, Brunnel. No waiver moves or trade moves left to use. :bag: David Carr please stay healthy.Unfortunately I started Leftwich over Carr last week. Once again my tuspidity in going against the FBG rankings cost me points. I still won but, duh.

Time I checked in with the QBBC thread.I began the season with the following committee:Carr Pick 8.06Harrington Pick 9.07Gannon Pick 11.07 (I was able to replace Gannon with Collins after his injury)After week 4, I scrapped my committee approach and have exclusively started Carr every week, regardless of matchup. That turned out to be a good decision, as Carr entered this week as the 11th ranked QB in my fantasy league. An solid return on an eighth round pick investment. By the time I picked Carr in the eighth round all 11 of my opponents had at least one QB, and some had selected a backup. My team has fared poorly overall, dopping to [4-7] and out of the playoff picture this week. Turns out 2004 is shaping up to be a poor QBBC season. Better to have grabbed one of the big 3 QBs early, and been done with it. Who knew? I went RB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-WR-QB, yet none of my RBs or WRs really outperformed their draft position, which is pretty crucial for a successful QBBC team, dontcha think? :D Oh well, better luck next year. I'm still a fan of QBBC, and I will draft accordingly next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 1 - Plummer 30.80, Gannon 30.25, Garcia 29.80

Week 2 - Plummer 25.40, Gannon 28.35 , Garcia 6.45

Week 3 - Plummer 39.30, Gannon 1.70 , Garcia 22.90

Week 4 - Plummer 20.20 , Collins 10.35, Garcia 22.25

Week 5 - Plummer 28.60 , Collins 28.85

Week 6 - Plummer 32.50, Collins 12.30

Week 7 - Plummer 26.35, Brees 20.10 (dropped Collins)

Week 8 - Leftwich 20.35, Brees 57.15

Week 9 - Brees 48.25, Leftwich & Gerrard, bye week

Week 10 - Brees 0 , Leftwich 0, Griese 28.30

Week 11 - Brees 32.80, Leftwich 0

My QB points - 309.8, 28.2 ppg (#15, right between Griese and Carr)

Potential QB points - 375.1, 34.1 ppg (#4)

The guy I would have drafted instead of going QBBC was

Hasselbust - 26.23 ppg (#16)

I'm not sure what to make of this. It has taken me 6 QBs to put together basically the same production I would have gotten just rolling out Hasselbeck every week. I guess the Potential Points is the holy grail we're all after with the committee approach.

I'd be interested to see other FBG's actual vs. potential points. If you can't identify the right starter more often than not, then QBBC probably isn't a good approach for you.

My QBBC has included Gannon, Garcia, Leftwich and GrieseTotal QB points through week 11 = 190That's good enough for #5, 1 point behind Jake Plummer...and 35 points behind #3 McNabb.Now if I just hadn't wasted that 3rd round pick on Hines Ward...SC

5{included Gannon, Garcia, Leftwich and GrieseTotal QB points through week 11 = 190That's good enough for #5, 1 point behind Jake Plummer...and 35 points behind #3 McNabb.Now if I just hadn't wasted that 3rd round pick on Hines Ward...SC
If you didn't go QBBC, which starter would you be going with - and, have you exceeded those numbers?(I assume you have, #5 is a respectable committee ranking)

Going into the draft, I knew I wasn't going to get a shot at Culpepper, Manning or McNabb. So I looked at who I would be satisfied with at QB, and figured that there were up to 14 guys that I could live with. After that, IMO, the list dropped dramatically. I took LT at 1.02, Dillon at 2.11, Ward at 3.02, Mason at 4.11, Moulds at 5.02. I was fully expecting either Pennington or Favre to fall to me at 6.11 since every other team had their QB in place, and quite a few of them still didn't have a full RB complement. As it turned out, they both got taken by teams that already had a QB. So my alternative would have been either of those guys...Favre = 181 points, Pennington = 109 points.Obviously I would have been better off to take Favre in the 5th, especially since Moulds has been such a bust. That's hindsight, though. To be honest, I thought I was going to get Favre anyway. Losing out on Brett and Chad is what drove me to go QBBC. BTW, my 7th round pick was Lefty. After about week 4, I felt like I had found a starter to go with the rest of the way...but the injury bug struck again.All that said, I think I've been pretty lucky with my QB calls. QBBC is definitely an art, not a science. I'm just waiting for another one of those 4 point weeks when I make the wrong call.I've been down the QBBC road before with pretty good results. I just hate trying to make a call every week, and will probably avoid this issue next year and draft a QB that I can ride the whole year.SC

I was on this anti-qbbc bandwagon earlier in this thread, but tallied the numbers and changed my stance. I posted a new thread but figured I should move it here:I think the perception of QBBC killing teams this year is not really accurate. I was really mad at this strategy but then I went and tallied the points...I think it really stings when Green gets you four points while Delhomme puts on 21 on your bench (week 2) and you dont forget it. Well, here is how my team did.I made a lot of trades. started with TGreen, Delhomme and Carr, picked up Vick on his low point, traded away Carr and Delhomme and added Griese during the year. Here is the breakdown of the starters I used:Green - five times: 6 points, 4, 26, 37, 13Vick - three times: 29, 6, 32Griese - twice: 26, 17Carr - once: 38Delhomme - once: 10Thats a total of 244 points (see league point rules in my sig. Manning has 383, but thatis off the charts. Deduct 1/12th of the 244 to account for the bye week (=224) and my five headed monster has 224 points, good for seventh in the league, but right there with anyone besides Manning and Cullpep.The 224 is also much more than any of these guys have individually, so I have been making the right calls going against bad defenses, and this strategy is not that bad after all!Its easy to get angry for not having drafted Manning, but he is an aberation this year. I think I am going back to QBBC next year.

QBBC really isn't about picking someone from a committee each week, it's about landing a late rounder that pans out to be a QB1 and MAYBE sometimes running out another starter when the primary guy is playing a solid defense in a monsoon.

Week 12 update...I'm in 2 leagues and my experience has been different in both.League 1 (12 teams): QBBC good for #14 overall. I have picked the worst possible starter in 5 of 12 weeks.League 2 (12 teams): QBBC good for #5 overall...equal to the same point total as Favre. Unexplainably, I have picked the best starting option in 11 of 12 weeks. I believe that this is as good as it gets.BassNBrew's point is a good one. If Leftwich hadn't gotten hurt, I probably would have ridden him all the way...even if the matchup for my other crappy QBs was more favorable.SC

QBBC really isn't about picking someone from a committee each week, it's about landing a late rounder that pans out to be a QB1 and MAYBE sometimes running out another starter when the primary guy is playing a solid defense in a monsoon.
This is 100% why I almost always draft QBBC. There are too many Hasselbusts every year to risk an early pick on a qb, when you can quite easily obtain somebody serviceable late in the draft and/or via waivers and trades. I started this thread with the belief that seeing other people's reasoning for decisions, might be enlightening. While QBBC can be a pain in the ####; I love the annual challenges (this year I'm in 4 leagues, and didn't draft a qb in any of them prior to the 7th round!). In my main league (most bragging rights) I started the year with Gannon (QB1), Garcia (QB2) and Palmer (QB3). NONE of these players are currently on my roster. In fact I've started EIGHT different QB's after 12 games, and love my chances come playoffs. I've started the following, with the following results (6 pts. all TD's; 1 pt. per 25 yards passing):wk1) Gannon: 26 pts.wk2) Gannon: 14 pts. wk3) Garcia: 13 pts.wk4) Palmer: 12 pts.wk5) Collins (off waivers): 15 pts. (also picked up Rattay this week)wk6) Rattay: 17 pts.wk7) Leftwich (acquired via 6 player trade): 26 pts. wk8) Leftwich: 9 pts.wk9) Rattay: 22 pts.wk10) Rattay: 17 pts.wk11) Garard (off waivers): 12 pts.wk12) Brees (traded Staley for him) 27 pts. In all I've averaged 17.5 pts per game, good for 11th best overall. My current QB's are Brees, Collins and Leftwich, and feel extremely confident with them going forward. This week's dilemma:Brees: Tough matchup vs. Denver (in SD), though Denver's secondary is a bit beat up. It will be very difficult to bench Brees at this point as he has been on fire, and this game will be for control of the division. I like Brees a lot, but don't like his matchup.Collins: Great matchup vs. KC (in Oak). Collins finally looks comfortable in the offense, and KC has been horrendous thus far defensively, especially on the road. With the RB situation quite sticky, I expect Collins to light it up this week. Currently I have the balls to sit Brees (my stud) to go with the oft unpredictable Mr. Collins. Time will tell if I'm able to go through with it.

Users who are viewing this thread