What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official QBBC Season Thread (1 Viewer)

pigskinliquors

Dr. Parrothead
With a number of us using QBBC this year, I thought it might be helpful to have a thread in which we track who are committee is; are reasoning for choosing a starter from the group (prior to each weeks games); and then post how we did, and discuss why we believe we chose the right/wrong qb from the committee. Please only play along if you are in a true QBBC (i.e., if you have a true starter don't post). I'd like people to go back and edit their proposed starter & reasons, to include their results, and why they think they chose correctly/incorrectly, after the weeks' games are completed. This is not a WSIS thread = DO NOT ASK FOR ADVICE ON WHO FROM YOUR COMMITTEE SHOULD START. Instead, post your thought process, as you weed through the decison. I'll go ahead and start.My Committee =Jeff Garcia - BaltimoreRich Gannon - @ PittsburchCarson Palmer - @ NY JetsMy thoughts:Being the first week, I have zero idea how these three will play. Garcia is on a new team with plenty of question marks (i.e., will a WR emerge, will Winslow live up to the hype, will Suggs or Green be w/ a lick); Gannon is coming off a horrendous year, which was preceded by an MVP year and has Colllins lurking in the wings; Palmer has been annointed the starter; he has plenty of weapons, but playing is very different than carrying the clip board. Opponents:1) Only Garcia is at home = Advantage Garcia, but it is Baltimore?!2) Ultimate S.O.S. has their schedules virtually deadlocked (all three 15.2 to 15.8, with 16.2 being the league average). A very slight advantage to Palmer (15.8) vs. Gannon (15.2) and Garcia (15.4). My Gut tells me:Gannon has the experience, and is the best starter for week 1. While I may change my mind 3 or 4 times between now and Sunday morning, this is what I am thinking now. I also believe that Palmer could light up the Jets, as it could be a shootout. Garcia seems to be the safest play (to not royally blow), but I don't like him even though he is at home.Final Decision:Even though FBG's has him ranked #29 :eek: , I am going with Gannon. I believe Gannon has a lot to prove, and his technical skills are too good to not be able to pick apart a very young Pittsburgh secondary. Palmer was my second choice, Garcia #3. I just don't want to start the inexperienced over the veteran this early in the seaon. Results:I'll post on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harrington vs Bears orMaddox vs. RaidersI think Harrington will tear up the Bears. He came on real strong last year in their opener against the cardinals. Guns a blazin!A little afraid that the Steelers will open a lead early and give Duce lots of work, slowing down Maddox. I am going with Joey.

Carr vs SDBledsoe vs JaxHarrington vs BearsI am going with Carr because he is at home, ready to prove to the world he deserved the no.1 pick and I like his weapons being a little more seasoned than Harryton's- But reading the post above made me remember the Zona shootout from last year and while tempting I will stick with Carr. Bledsoe has to prove to me that he is more than a 2nd string fantasy QB b4 he gets a start(even though I have what most consider all 2nd string QBs) But Bledsoe going vs Jax Defense and with possible rain/wind he rides pine.

Good threadIn my dynasty league my qbs are Plummer, Carr and Delhomme.Week 1 Plummer vs KCCarr vs SDDelhomme vs GBStarter: TBDResults: TBD

Carr vs SDBledsoe vs JaxHarrington vs BearsI am going with Carr because he is at home, ready to prove to the world he deserved the no.1 pick and I like his weapons being a little more seasoned than Harryton's- But reading the post above made me remember the Zona shootout from last year and while tempting I will stick with Carr. Bledsoe has to prove to me that he is more than a 2nd string fantasy QB b4 he gets a start(even though I have what most consider all 2nd string QBs) But Bledsoe going vs Jax Defense and with possible rain/wind he rides pine.
the rain and wind you speak of is that the pending hurricane ivan?because the Jax - Buf game is in Buffalo so I am not sure the hurricane will get to New York by then.

the rain and wind you speak of is that the pending hurricane ivan?because the Jax - Buf game is in Buffalo so I am not sure the hurricane will get to New York by then.
I didnt check weather.com but figured Frances remnants would be moving up north and may have an effect on weather. Regardless not starting Bledsoe this week.

My committee=Plummer v KCGarcia v BALGannon @ PITMy initial feeling is Plummer at home. Even though he hasn't looked great in the preseason, I do not feel comfortable starting Garcia against Baltimore (tough D, new team), or Gannon (I want to see Oakland's offense + tough venue).sidenote: although totally unintentional, I ended up with Garcia/A. Davis/Q. Morgan AND Plummer/Rod Smith this year.

I already did a WDIS in the other forum, and I agree with the consensus:Plummer vs KCPalmer @ JetsGannon @ PitGoing with Plummer at home as he has the potential to be in a shootout, and I'm not sure what to think about Palmer or Gannon yet.

My Committee of 2 consists of J.Delhomme, Carolina Panthers and D.Carr, Houston Texans.I'm faced with a QBBC in a league that I'm in where I may have waited a round or two too long before taking my QB's, but when your drafting from the 10 hole in a 12 team shark infested situation sometimes it's the best choice you can make. Never having waited quite so long before, 9.10 & 10.3, to fill my QB spot; every other team had at least 1 QB by the end of round 8, some were already with 2, I felt confident a committee approach would work as I chose Delhomme and Carr .... I had planned on taking Gannon vs Carr but he was taken @ 10.2 and that move forced me to take my second QB and third option immediately rather than waiting another round or 2 before securing my QB2.I look at week 1 and already I have switched about the 2 as I struggle with inner turmoil as to who will be the better start ... both present lovely SOS #'s 20.0 Car., 19.9 Hou. as they both open the season at home so there's very little to guide me there .... both QB's are young but experienced, with Carr having more playing time as a starter but Delhomme has the play-off experience to draw upon, so that's another push .... FBG's rankings have them sitting @ 14 & 15 respectively with a 3 point edge to Delhomme over the whole season in FF points, another push ... Carolina possesses one of the leagues best rushing attacks with Davis and Foster and supports that with the fiesty S.Smith and M.Muhammad on the wing's. Delhomme has seemed to take a liking to Mangum over the middle during the preseason, and Proehl and rookie Colbert provided nice options as well in 3 WR sets.Houston has shown that they really like D.Davis as not only a rusher but as a pass catching threat out of the back-field 47/351/0 and A. Johnson emerged as one of the excellent rookie WR's last season just failing to break the 1000 yd. benchmark by meager 24 yds, posting 66/976/4 last season, Bradford, Gaffney and TE Miller also contributed over 1200 yds and 7 td's to last seasons stats, so this young exciting Texan team seems on the cusp of breaking out with Carr leading the parade.Surrounding talent = pushHouston didn't face San Diego last season so there's little reference material there but I believe Thomlinson will live up to his lofty status as RB1 or 2 in all of football against the Texan D so I feel Carr and company will be challenged to score better than 21 points to win. Carolina likewise didn't face Green Bay last season so again there's no recent reference material available there either, but GB has one of the most threatening offensive teams in the league with 3 WR's that are clones of each other, each a threat to score from anywhere on the field and the dynamic A.Green who's coming off his best season in the NFL and is also a threat to score whenever he touches the ball. Favre is a habitual 30TD QB and loves to shine under the glow of Monday Night Football's lights so I'm expecting this to be a high scoring affair.Opponent favours Carolina slightlyNo matter how I look at this I find very little to guide my decision in one direction or the other .... My starting QB for week 1 will be J.DelhommeI easily made the right choice this week, but a costly injury to the Panther WR1 S.Smith will more than make this an even tougher committee to work with over the rest of the season. :wall: Carr - 19/25 - 229, 2 Sks, 2 Int, 0 Td, 3/12Delhomme - 23/39 - 284, 2 Sks, 1 Int, 2 Td, 1/0 1 Fum :thumbup:

Great topic!!!!My guys:Plummer vs. KCHarrington @ ChiLefty @ BufI'm going with Plummer at home vs. 1 of the worst Ds in the league. He is far more proven than my other young gunslingers and will have the advatage of being on home turf. I see both Chi and Buf as having better DBs than that of KC. Plus, Den/KC is likely to be a shot out. Plummer will be in more control of the O this year with Portis and Sharpe gone IMO and the KC D is simply not good enough to stop anyone let alone the Den O. I also think Plummer is far more likely to see great redzone opps in this game than the others. Den is expanding its playbook to include more rollouts for him which may lead to TD runs. The Buf D scares me, especially seeing that Lefty is still wet behind the ears. So Lefty seems like a risky start for week 1. Harrington/Det has got to prove to me that their young and vastly talented O is on the same page (which is less likely week 1 than down the road) and that they can compete on the road before I will feel totally confident starting him over the likes of Plummer.Start:PlummerResults:To come later on.

pigskin - Jeff Garcia is going up against Baltimore, not Atlanta. That might make your decision easier for you

My committee=Plummer v KCGarcia v BALGannon @ PITMy initial feeling is Plummer at home. Even though he hasn't looked great in the preseason, I do not feel comfortable starting Garcia against Baltimore (tough D, new team), or Gannon (I want to see Oakland's offense + tough venue).sidenote: although totally unintentional, I ended up with Garcia/A. Davis/Q. Morgan AND Plummer/Rod Smith this year.
This is my committee as well and I think you're right going with Plummer at home v KC.

Cool thread. My committee:Gannon @ PITBJohnson @ WASLeftwich @ BUFThe PIT secondary is the worst of the bunch, but I'm leery of Gannon in his first game in the Norv system, plus the Steelers should be able to run the ball and control field position, giving him fewer opportunities.Leftwich's thumb, plus a rook WR2 vs. an underrated Bills D gives me pause. Plus they looked shaky in preseason and need to show me something.By default, that leaves me with Johnson, who's in his 3rd year with the Gruden system and has something to prove with all the Simms hype. Despite the scrambled WR corps they do have Garner and Jamel White, two good receiving backs. And looking at the Skins D there's a lot to like about the matchup: no strong pass rush from the DL, Barrow may be out, and even though Sean Taylor has looked great in preseason he's still a rook. Plus I'll be at the game. :)

Jeff Garcia - BaltimoreCarson Palmer - @ NY JetsGarcia is on a new team with plenty of question marks. Davis seems committed to the run with Suggs and Green. Only 1 TD for Garcia in pre-season. Baltimore big rival and tough defense.Palmer has never started NFL game. He has plenty of weapons, but playing is very different than carrying the clip board. Jets have stated they are going to blitz to try to confuse him. I picked Chad Johnson early in draft and Palmer just fell to me late as the best QB left. I want to see a little more of Garcia before I feel real comfortable with him. Against Baltimore is not the best place to start him, even at home.Going with Palmer and Chad Johnson and hope!

Just had a draft and went the QBBC. I went with 3 seemingly popular choices in this thread in Garcia, Carr and Plummer. I am fairly sure for week 1 i am rooting for the shootout and going with Plummer, but this is definitly going to be a weekly watch for me.

My QBBC isMaddoxGarciaDelhommeI have been leaning toward Garcia against the questionable defense in Oakland. (woodson is not playing)Will avoid Garcia against baltimoreIntrigued by Delhomme against Green Bay.

I'm going with Delhomme over Gannon and Rattay week one. Gut feeling. I love Delhomme this year, I think he's going to burrow into the top ten with consistent 220 yard 1-2 td games all year long. Yes they are a defensive run-based team in theory, but the run blocking is shaky and Smith is EXPLOSIVE, he will have several 50 yard scores this year. Muhammed is still a respectable possesion reciever, and they have some legitimate 3rd wideouts in Proehl and Mangum Delhomme has looked solid in the preseason after a monsterous post season last year. Expect some big plays on the big stage monday night, at least one bomb for a td.

I've got:Johnson @ WasPlummer vs KCMaddox vs OakLeaning towards Maddox as Oakland's pass defense looks real shaky. Plummer would also be a good play but I'm sure Denver will want to run the ball as much as they can.

My QBBC:Delhomme v GBGannon @ PitBrunell v TBI too waited a round or two longer than I should have for a QB!I'm going with Delhomme week 1. The other matchups aren't all that appealing to me, and I need Gannon and Brunell to prove something before I start them.My personal feeling is that Brunell may end up starting for me by the end of the year. The team has too much talent on offense to not put up decent numbers all around.

My QBBC;Carr - vs San Diego at home Gannon - at PittsburghLeftwich - at BuffaloAfter Leftwich's less than stunning pre-season he was avalilable as QB3 in round 11 of a 12 team redraft.This plus being on the road at Buffalo will mean he will be grabbing the bench Week 1Gannon at Pittsburgh considering what he came off of last year does not look very inviting to me.Carr at home with San Diegos sieve like defense looks like the winner for me here. With Andre Johnson plus Davis to dump off to as he did last year this looks like a good match up to use.

Great thread. Hope to see it all season.My QBBC, along with their draft slot in 12 team redraft: 8.06 Carr vs SDG 9.07 Harrington at CHI11.07 Gannon at PITThe reason I include draft position is that it relates to my personal WDIS mantra:{Think Ben Kenobi voiceover...} TRUST YOUR DRAFTYear after year, I've found that any postdraft, preseason trades, waiver pickups, or other roster jockeying only come back to haunt me. Barring late-breaking injuries, trust that you've drafted a balanced roster, and when in doubt, start the players you drafted first.This mantra, and the fact that Carr is the only one of my trio playing at home, makes my decision easy.Week 1 Starter: David Carr vs SDGTRUST YOUR DRAFT

My guys are Garcia, Gannon, McCown1. I will never start Garcia when they play Baltimore. He has a offensive line trouble and thats not good against a team like Baltimore. He'll be doing a lot of scrambling and rushing passes. Plus Prime Time is Back! I won't start any Browns players this week.2. McCown will be without his top 3 WR's, if fitz and Johnson play they are hurt. He will get some passing yardage because they will be behind most of the game. No running game to support the play action. Rams d line will be teeing off on him. 3. Gannon has the best matchup and will start for me. He has looked good in the preseason. They are running a good passing offense. Spreads the ball around a lot. Porter could have some long catches. Remember what NE did to Pittsburgh last year in the opening game. Running game is enough of a threat for play action to work. Fargas will catch some balls out of the back field. Gannon can still move around a little.

My QBBC:Jake Plummer vs KCRich Gannon @ PITJosh McCown @ STLI really don't think I have that much of a committee to start the season because I believe "The Snake" will prove himself to be a #1. However, others would disagree and I may disagree after a few weeks.Plummer is at home. The others are on the road. KC had a crappy D last year and I don't know if they will be that improved in their first game.Choice Week 1: Jake "The Snake" Plummer

My choices are:B. Johnson - TB (@Was)J. Plummer - Den (vs KC)C. Palmer - Cin (@NYJ)I am planning to start Palmer. Plummer has looked scary in pre-season and INT's are -2. I will wait until he has a good game to consider him.The TB offense hasn't gelled yet, but Johnson is probably the smart start.Palmer looks good and the Jets defense was horrible last year, plus Jets just lost CB. So I figure if one of them is gonna go off this week, Palmer has the weapons and the opportunity.

My committee:B Johnson v. WashingtonJ Delhomme v. GBC Palmer v. NYJTampa's WR corps isn't exactly up to speed yet and Wash has a pretty good secondary, so Johnson doesnt look especially appealing this week.I am really, really tempted to go with Palmer against a fairly weak defense, but it's his first real outing, and the Jets' run defense is bad enough that Cin might not need to pass all that much. Like the guy posting above me, I could see Palmer going off, but I also think he's the guy most likely to flame out this week. Since my team is stacked at other positions, I'm more inclined to look for an element of safety this week and give Palmer a chance to show something before I stick him in my starting lineup.Delhomme seems to have a decent matchup at home vs. the Packers, who don't exactly feature the world's greatest defense. This seems relatively safe.Starter: Delhomme.

plummer vs kcmaddox vs oaklandharrington at chicagowith both plummer and harrington playing at home against easy defenses i eliminated harringtonkansas citys pass defense was horrible last year and oaklands wasnt much better..... edge plummerreceivers....edge maddoxmost likely to run for a td....edge plummerwho i chose: plummer..... in truth probably because i had maddox last year and got screwed alot and want to give another qb to start off screwing me this year :D

I have Brady (round 7), Garcia (round 8), and Carr (round 9). This week, garcia is out of the question for me, so the debate is Brady vs. Carr... For me, part of the evaluation is also how I think my team and my opponents' team look for the week. My team has very favorable match-ups and looks explosive, and my opponent has a few ? and injuries. Therefore, I'll go with the conservative choice in Brady, weather be damned. If the situations were reversed, I could have arguably gone with Carr.The other reasons are similar to what one other poster stated - I think LT2 will run the ball and the Chargers will look to control the time of posession. Houston may win, and win easily, and they won't be forced to throw much. I know the Pats must think they need at least 21 points to beat Indy, high-powered offense and all, so I am hoping at least 2 of these 3 TDs will come via the air. I'll be happy with 250, 2TD, and 1INT from Brady tonight. Anything more is a bonus, anything less is OK.. well, not ANYTHING :X

This is my committee as well and I think you're right going with Plummer at home v KC.
Yo Miggity and Christo,The three of us might want to stay in touch. We've all got a QBBC of Garcia, Plummer, and Gannon.I agree with going with Plummer. A home game against KC in good weather is what you're looking for in a QBBC. I'm not worried about pre-season stats.

My committee: Jeff Garcia against BALDavid Carr against SDByron Leftwich at BUFWhen you have equal or better talent at the same position, no point in starting someone against the Baltimore defense. So that eliminated Garcia right away.Carr gets the nod over Leftwich for several reasons. One, he's at home. Two, he plays against what should be a weaker defense. Three, I also have Andre Johnson, and this is the kind of game where I could get the combo TD more than once.

Harrington@ChiJohnson@ WasRattay vs AtlI am not sure who I will start at this point.
Rattay...no questions asked.
Huck...are you serious or pulling my leg? I know he is at home and the Atl pass D is weak, but he is coming of injuries himself!

For the last five or so years I have always gone QBBC. For some odd reason IMHO I was faced with great value at QB. I was lucky enough to get Brady in round 9, Brooks in round 8, Green in round 7 and Favre in round 8 in 4 different drafts. With that said, in QBBC this week I like Gannon, Carr, Plummer, Maddox and Rattay IMHO. In fact I am starting Gannon over Brady in one league.

Harrington@ChiJohnson@ WasRattay vs AtlI am not sure who I will start at this point.
Huck...are you serious or pulling my leg? I know he is at home and the Atl pass D is weak, but he is coming of injuries himself!
I'm dead serious.-Never start Harrington on the road until he proves something.-Johnson at Washington is a possibility, but the WR core concerns me and Washington's D is improved and Gibbs may very well grind it out and play ball control-Rattay has Atlanta D at homeRattay has the most upside and least downside IMO. Johnson is a close call though.

Well my results are in and here is the verdict:Plummer (starter):Total points = 15230 passing, 2 tds, 2 ints33 rushingLeftyTotal points = 7.5147 passing, 1 td, 2 ints11 rushingHarringtonTotal points = 10187 passing, 1td, 1 intLooks as though I made the right decision for week one. Started Plummer and was my top scorer from the QB position. In case anyone cares, yes I did win this week as well. QBBC takes me to 1-0! :thumbup:

Week 1 (Weak 1) Results

It was not pretty.

Carr who I started = 10 points

Leftwich who I left on the bench = 8 points

Gannon who I left on the bench = 22 points

I choose poorly. I still would have had my @zz handed to me anyway.

My opponent (the only other guy in the League using FBG's that drafted 6th right in front of me had this line up.).

TE - McMichael

RB - Alexander

RB - T. Jones

WR - C. Johnson

WR - T. Owens

QB - Brooks (Even with broOks not being great it didn't matter.)

He also had Barber and E. Smith on his bench. He almost could not have choosen incorrectly at RB. Thankfully it's only 1 week.

I'm dead serious.-Never start Harrington on the road until he proves something.-Johnson at Washington is a possibility, but the WR core concerns me and Washington's D is improved and Gibbs may very well grind it out and play ball control-Rattay has Atlanta D at homeRattay has the most upside and least downside IMO. Johnson is a close call though.
I went with Rattay and it was the right call. He got me 8 points in a victory.

Garcia and Gannon both turned it on late, and all 3 in my committee pointed about the same. Plummer had a couple of disastrous decisions, but he was still my best guy this week.31.80 Plummer29.80 Garcia30.25 GannonAll 3 outperformed their draft spot in Week 1.

PlummerDelhomme(just missed on Brady)Chose Delhomme and he got me what I needed. I really like the SOS for these 2. Kicking myself for taking Stallworth and not getting Brady in Round 8. Always hoping they will slip to you. Didn't work out this time.

I recanted and benched Palmer and Plummer in favor of the "safe" start of Brad Johnson. This is the downside of QBBC folks. Palmer and Plummer =20 ps. Johnson = 6.Next week I am sure I will again pick poorly.Perhaps I can start asking this board what to do, but I fear that will get us all moved to the assistant coach forum :(

week 1 results:I went with plummerplummer 24 pointsharrington 13 pointsmaddox 6 pointsall things being equal I would be tickled pink with 24 points per week out of my qbnow the juggling begins.... with rogers going down i am strongly considering dropping him... aj feely plays cincinnatti this week and has some very good receivers with no ground game. unless I chicken out this will be the move... pick him up and start him ... qbbc at its essence !!! wish me luck !

Week 1 results:Gannon (Starter!): 26 pointsGarcia: 19 pointsPalmer: 21 pointsI went against FBG's rating of Gannon (#29!) and went with my gut. All three outperformed my expectations, especially considering the poor matchups that they had.Week 2 Initial Thoughts:Gannon: Coming off of a stellar performance, Rich will be playing at home against the Bills. I love his chances, even though Buffalo did shut down Jax's passing game in week 1. I think that the Buffalo offense gets it going this week (esp. Henry) and that this will be a high scoring game = I like Gannon's chances!Garcia: After looking excellent in the pocket against Baltimore, I think Garcia is now my #1 overall option at QB; depending on schedule. This week he plays at Dallas, who watched C-Pep put up 5 TD's on them! While I believe that Dallas' D is better than that, the short history of this season suggests they are vulnerable.Palmer: Carson looked great in week 1; going 18/27 for 2 TD's and 248 yards (+ 10 on the ground!). This week he plays at Miami which isn't an overly favorable matchup (holding McNair to 71 yards was my first clue!). Initial thoughts on Starter:I'm leaning heavily toward Gannon, though I think Garcia is also an excellent option this week. I'll post my starter, and specific reasons why on Saturday.

D'oh! TDs 4, INT's -1, 1/20, +2 over 300.Gannon 24Leftwich 10Johnson (my starter) 7Flat out wrong about the Skins pass rush, and Gannon was able to go over the top twice on the Steelers. So much for not being able to throw the long ball, Collins pimps. At least I was right about Leftwich. Still lost because Gonzo put up a bagel.

Gannon, Palmer, and Plummer all scored within 1 point of each other in my league, so it didn't make any difference.

Plummer, Harrington, and Brunell for my QBBC. Picked Plummer last week which was the correct pick.Week 2Plummer @JACHarrington HOUBrunell @NYGLooks like Harrington might be a good pick at home against Houston this week. Brunell at the Giants looks good but I'm afraid Gibbs is going to keep it on the ground. Plummer could be a top 10 QB if he would stop making those stupid mistakes.Who would you guys pick?

OK, so I started the season out 1-0 and picked the right QBBC matchup. :thumbup: Week 1 however seems to have been an easy desicion and week 2 much more difficult. Here are the matchups:Plummer @ JackLefty vs. DenHarrington vs. HouPlummer seems to be the only QB I drafted this year that even looked half alive in week 1. Harrington and Lefty's games were flat awful for the most part. :X This weeks matchups don't appear to get any easier too. Both the Jack and Den Ds appeared to be rather tough in week 1 and did so vs. formidable Os (Buf and KC). Hou on the other hand was pretty much torn apart by the lowly Charges passing attack and currently rank dead last in pass D in the NFL. The Chargers did so while playing at Hou and with what is considered to be lack luster group at both WR and QB.Plummer: Even though Jack has a very tough D and looked very capable to stop the pass in week 1. I still like Plummers matchup for the week. I think Jack's strength lies mostly in run D. I do not expect Griffin to go off vs. this D like he did the pathetic KC D. Running lanes will simply be tougher to come by this week as the Jack front 7 is lightyears better than KC's. I can see a good amount of 3rd and longs for the Broncos in this game which boads well for Plummer's passing numbers. Den seems to be willing to let Jake run with the ball and he is clearly at his best when on the move. The major problem I see with this game is that I don't think it will be high scoring. I think both teams will try and dictate the tempo of the game with their run and the Ds are good enough to let this game fall into the dull zone. Over all though I think Den will have to win this game with Plummers arm and that is what the Jack D and coaches will attempt to make them do. This could be very good, but also very bad if his eratic play continues. Lefty: Boy even though Den alowed 24 points to KC, that D sure looked good at times doing so. The pass D inparticular looked spectacular after the opening bomb that was for the most part a "brain fart." Bailey Did what he was brought in to do and took away KC's best receiving threat. It was the run D that let Den down. Well I don't see that changing much this week as they now have to travel to Jack and stop another great RB in Taylor. As I stated in the Plummer break down, I see a ball control tempo to this game. Both QBs will likely be told to limit their mistakes as both made a ton of them in week 1. All in all, I'm just not comfortable with Lefty as a starter on my team yet. I still need to see some growth and Den does not seem like a good team to get it against.Harrington: Well the last place pass D comes to town for Joey this week. A pass D that ranks last after having faced the lowly SD passing O. All off season we have been hearing about how SD has no one to turn to in the passing game. Well if that is true, then things are not looking good for the Hou D. Det and Harrington did however loose their #1 WR for the 2nd straight season now in Rodgers. I don't trust the rookies enough to justify a start for Harrington this week I'm afraid. I also think the weak pass D was more an effect of Hou concentrating on LT than it was lack of ability in the secondary. Det has no LT and the Hou DBs are not that bad. Starter: Plummer for the 2nd week in a row.

I've been going QBBC for the last few years and been doing pretty well with it every year. Week 1:Carson Palmer: 20.92 (starter) Rich Gannon: 20.2Rex Grossman: 5.18Ended up winning the week 104-76 and only 3 of the 12 teams had starting QB's who scored more than Palmer this week (Mcnabb, Culpepper, and Manning). This week I think I'm going with Gannon against the Bills over Palmer against the Dolphins. Grossman is probably going to get dropped so I can grab a 2nd defense.

Users who are viewing this thread