What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Rap/Hip Hop Discussion Thread*** (3 Viewers)

FINALLY!! Been a long wait for this, like 3 or 4 years of hype, but finally Nipsey Hussle has released Victory Lap. Gonna be listening to this all weekend.

Hey guys, so I have an idea. If someone wanna take the lead on this thing then go ahead cause you guys probably have more experience with the rules and how they usually run on this forum, but would anyone be on board with say like a rap/hip hop instrumental/production draft?

Favorite songs but instead of actual lyrical content (cause I know we've had one of those several years ago already), judged by the beats and production behind it. Figure it would give a fresh take on an old concept.

Idk if there are even enough rap fans left on this board to get this going but my mind said it sounded like a good idea.

Hey guys, so I have an idea. If someone wanna take the lead on this thing then go ahead cause you guys probably have more experience with the rules and how they usually run on this forum, but would anyone be on board with say like a rap/hip hop instrumental/production draft?

Favorite songs but instead of actual lyrical content (cause I know we've had one of those several years ago already), judged by the beats and production behind it. Figure it would give a fresh take on an old concept.

Idk if there are even enough rap fans left on this board to get this going but my mind said it sounded like a good idea.
Its been a while since we did one of these.  Id be game as long as its a slower one.  Maybe like you get 24 hours per turn.  Otherwise i doubt id be able to keep up. 

Some of the newer stuff I like...(past 6 months)

(yeah, I get it, new mainstream rap sucks, but it's all relative and these were the better songs IMO that get major play)

Rae Sremmurd - Powerglide (new strip club anthem)

Lil Skies - Red Roses ( I like this guys flow in the age of mumble rap you can actually understand every lyric while still being smooth)

BlocBoy JB - Look Alive (just a good song)

And in spite of all the love, I think the Cardi B album is terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still the best Hot 97 Freestyle ever - 19 years later.

I also think, this was back in a different era of "freestyle" before Cyphers were popular, where actually most (if not all) was off the top of their head and not pre-written rhymes like it is now.  You can tell here as he has to collect himself a few times and repeat the same line or 8 bars of "Yo yo yo yo"

"Thought I couldn't freestyle? You must be free-basin' "  :thumbup:

Also...forgive the audio quality, this was 2000 when we still had to use tapes to record stuff off of the radio.

Beerbongs and Bentleys, lol. It's catchy but man rap has gone directions I never saw coming even 6 years ago. 

Still the best Hot 97 Freestyle ever - 19 years later.

I also think, this was back in a different era of "freestyle" before Cyphers were popular, where actually most (if not all) was off the top of their head and not pre-written rhymes like it is now.  You can tell here as he has to collect himself a few times and repeat the same line or 8 bars of "Yo yo yo yo"
Canibus was so sick. Poet Laureate mfer but he never could get anything remotely mainstream going. Also everyone knows Big L was the greatest freestyle artist of all time

Canibus was so sick. Poet Laureate mfer but he never could get anything remotely mainstream going. Also everyone knows Big L was the greatest freestyle artist of all time
He was amazing for a guy that never really made it.

In my opinion, the greatest "work out" or "gym" rap song of all time was 2nd Round Knockout (his LL Cool J diss track). It is the heaviest, hardest, smartest and best diss track in the history of hip hop.  2 weeks ago, Sirius did away with the Backspin station and replaced it with LL Cool J's curated "Rock The Bells" channel, and while I was skeptical, I was so happy to hear this was played (with comments from L)  within the first 30 minutes. It's just the greatest and hardest diss track of all time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLBh0NLUgg and I don't even think there's anything close.

Poet Laureate 2 and Poet Laureate infinity were incredible.   I thought Canibis finally put it all together in his for whom the beat tolls album.  Very solid. 

Also, i cant co-sign Big L as the greatest freestyler.  But he was truly a beast. RIP.

He was amazing for a guy that never really made it.

In my opinion, the greatest "work out" or "gym" rap song of all time was 2nd Round Knockout (his LL Cool J diss track). It is the heaviest, hardest, smartest and best diss track in the history of hip hop.  2 weeks ago, Sirius did away with the Backspin station and replaced it with LL Cool J's curated "Rock The Bells" channel, and while I was skeptical, I was so happy to hear this was played (with comments from L)  within the first 30 minutes. It's just the greatest and hardest diss track of all time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLBh0NLUgg and I don't even think there's anything close.
Loved that song- it's what got me into Canibus. It is right up there with Hit em Up and KL's verse on Control. 

Unless there's something I don't know about in his past, going after his producer because he's got MS seems like it crosses the line. 

Which sucks, because the rest of it is amazing.
I just ordered a Clipse shirt four days ago because I always thought Lord Willin' might be the rap/hip hop album of the aughts. This really makes me re-think that. 

I can't wear it in good conscience. Dang. 

I just ordered a Clipse shirt four days ago because I always thought Lord Willin' might be the rap/hip hop album of the aughts. This really makes me re-think that. 

I can't wear it in good conscience. Dang. 
The rest of it is so great, though :kicksrock:

Maybe he'll apologize for the MS bit, or we'll get a good explanation as to why he thought it was in bounds.

Users who are viewing this thread