What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official *** Rogue One - A Star Wars Story (1 Viewer)

The guy who says "is that clear" sure looks a lot like the imperial officer who mocks Vader for his hokey religion.

probably nothing.

"From early reports, we're going to see him at the peak of his abilities, storming a battlefield and absolutely destroying everything in his path. It was compared to the Normandy landing from Saving Private Ryan in its intensity and brutality. I cannot wait. "
Oh hell yes.

"From early reports, we're going to see him at the peak of his abilities, storming a battlefield and absolutely destroying everything in his path. It was compared to the Normandy landing from Saving Private Ryan in its intensity and brutality. I cannot wait. "
If there is anything right in this world, this will come to pass.

The music mix at the end of that trailer where they play the jedi theme over the top of the imperial theme gave me chills.

So this "mission" to figure out how to destroy the Death Star... is this where "the plans" come from that were eventually given to Leia?

Just to give people a rough idea of where this movie fits into the time line of Star Wars.

Rogue One is set 1 year before the battle of Yavin (Episode 4)*

That means there is 35 years between this movie and The Force Awakens.

*This is based on the now new canon time line released by Disney.

She's probably only a few years older than Luke ....
Yea well Luke's not female. He could have banged a younger chick. This woman would be around 45-50 when she had Rey. Not unheard of but unlikely and a stretch just to force an obscure plot point.

I'm embarrassed, as a lifelong Star Wars fan, not to have devoted the time to learning what Rogue One is.  Anyone want to save me the Wikipedia search & interpretation and give me the Cliffs?  It sounds very interesting. 

I'm embarrassed, as a lifelong Star Wars fan, not to have devoted the time to learning what Rogue One is.  Anyone want to save me the Wikipedia search & interpretation and give me the Cliffs?  It sounds very interesting. 
Set 1 year before Episode 4.

A rag tag group of powerful misfits are asked to try and steal the death star plans (these are the plans that Leia puts into R2 in EP4).

Set 1 year before Episode 4.

A rag tag group of powerful misfits are asked to try and steal the death star plans (these are the plans that Leia puts into R2 in EP4).
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.  Very very cool.  Many Bothans died so that I could get some clarity on this information.  :thanks:    Theatrical release?  When?   

Any chance that is Rey's mom - or would she be too old/dead?
Rey is born around 12 years after the events of Rogue One. So Jyn could theoretically be Rey's mom (assuming that Jyn isn't killed off).

Wait, aren't we assuming Luke is Rey's dad?
That is my thinking.

Jyn in Rogue Squadron. Luke leads it. They meet- fall in love and do the nasty. 9 months later we have Rey. Dangerous stuff to be a Skywalker so Rey gets dumped in the middle of no where prob with the expectation to come get her soon but then bad stuff happens.

It makes perfect sense for Jyn to be Rey's mother and either Obi-Wan or Luke to be her father.  With Jyn having a questionable past, Rey's image of that ship flying away in TFA when she was a kid could have been her mother being captured and taken away by a bounty hunter/Empire.

Mon Motha never actually said that the Bothans stole the Death Star plans -- she only said that the Bothans pinpointed the exact location of it.

Ah, I love debates like this.  And you're right.   

Best as I can remember her pertinent lines about the Bothans (I really liked the actress and the gravitas she conveyed):

"The data brought to us by [the] Bothan spies pinpoints the exact location of the Emperor's new battle station . . . many Bothans died to bring us this information."  Ackbar then steps up and details the attack plan, and Madine follows with his "We have stolen a small Imperial shuttle" bit, but to the best of my recollection, no one ever says how they devised the tactics of their attack plan.  Figuring out that the shield was located on Endor (dumb) was probably part of the Bothans' info dump, but as to how they figured out how to destroy the reactor, including Wedge needing to hit the "power regulator on the north tower," as far as I know no one ever explains this.  

Much after the events of the movie, of course. At this point in the timeline Luke is a nobody moisture farmer.
Well, yea....

I would expect Jyn to be on Rogue when Luke joins and then that is how they meet.

The actress who plays Jyn could pass for a relative of the actress who plays Rey. I can't think that that was accident.

I think it was painfully obvious that Luke is Rey's father. Her insane level of force sensitivity and the connection to Luke's light saber etc. I think Leia knows and that is why she allows Rey to take the MF to go get Luke.

Users who are viewing this thread