What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Seattle NBA NHL teams placeholder*** (1 Viewer)

Rumors going around the internet that the Kings have been sold to Chris Hansen :towelwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Started with David faulk's daughter tweeting it was a done deal. So however reliable you think that is should be how exited you are.

Chris Hansen has done everything right, throughout this process. When it finally happens, I think he will be one of the best owners in either the NBA or NHL.

Now, just making sure, this would be the SACRAMENTO Kings, not defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings, correct?

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2170351/Sacramento-Kings-soontobe-SuperSonics-Tweet-prompts-rumors-of-sale-to-SeattleAre the Sacramento Kings on their way to Seattle? The rumors were flying Wednesday morning. The buzz started about midnight with a single tweet. "So I hear that the Seattle Kings is officially a done deal! The Maloofs finally sold the ailing Sacramento team." It was written by Daina Falk, a cookbook writer and foodie, who has since removed the Tweet from her page. She is also a sports insider of sorts. Her father is David Falk, the pro sports super agent. Falk followed up her first tweet with another saying she heard it from a friend. The Kings aren't commenting. Neither is investor Chris Hansen. What we do know for sure is the other city trying hard to get the Kings is out of the running for now. Virginia Beach, Virginia, couldn't reach a deal yesterday to get public financing for a new arena so that means the team is still available. The deadline for asking the NBA to relocate in time for next season is March 1.

'Aaron Rudnicki said:
Nice scoop landing the defending Stanley Cup winning franchise. :thumbup:
That's why I freaked out at first reading the top of this page. But I do like the idea that if they have an nba team going there that strengthens the chance if getting an NHL team. They won't replace the defending Stanley Cup Champion Kings (whose banner raising i will be attending) as my team, but it would give me a second team to like.

I decided last year that Seattle is going to be my second city to root for. I dig how hardcore their fans are. Actually got me to root for the Sounders (and watch the MLS, never did that) and I like watching Seahawks games. Their crowds are nuts. Mariners are pretty lame though. Glad the Sonics are back. Brit > : hifive:

'Aaron Rudnicki said:
Nice scoop landing the defending Stanley Cup winning franchise. :thumbup:
That's why I freaked out at first reading the top of this page. But I do like the idea that if they have an nba team going there that strengthens the chance if getting an NHL team. They won't replace the defending Stanley Cup Champion Kings (whose banner raising i will be attending) as my team, but it would give me a second team to like.
I'd like to see Seattle get one of the NHL teams in the south/east and then move the Red Wings to the eastern conference.

As a Sacramentan, I can't say I care. :shrug:Congrats Seattle.
Pretty messed up not to allow Sacramento to have a chance to find a matching buyer who will keep them here, if the deal is as done as they say it is. But, can't expect much else from the Maloofs I guess.

Pretty messed up not to allow Sacramento to have a chance to find a matching buyer who will keep them here, if the deal is as done as they say it is. But, can't expect much else from the Maloofs I guess.
Is this deal really done? The tone of the articles have changes as the day has moved along. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8829258/seattle-investor-chris-hansen-seeking-buy-sacramento-kings-according-report
A source close to the Maloofs, however, insisted to ESPN that an agreement has not yet been reached and that the Maloofs are still unsure whether they want to sell the team.The Kings' asking price would top the NBA-record $450 million the Golden State Warriors sold for in July 2010. Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, a former NBA All-Star, tweeted Wednesday afternoon, "Bottom line Sacramento: it's not over."

Is this deal really done? The tone of the articles have changes as the day has moved along. http://espn.go.com/n...ccording-report
A source close to the Maloofs, however, insisted to ESPN that an agreement has not yet been reached and that the Maloofs are still unsure whether they want to sell the team.The Kings' asking price would top the NBA-record $450 million the Golden State Warriors sold for in July 2010. Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, a former NBA All-Star, tweeted Wednesday afternoon, "Bottom line Sacramento: it's not over."
Not official yet, but Woj reporting it was a pretty big deal. There's a whole lot of smoke here. Probably going to see some fire soon.

Is this deal really done? The tone of the articles have changes as the day has moved along. http://espn.go.com/n...ccording-report
Not official yet, but Woj reporting it was a pretty big deal. There's a whole lot of smoke here. Probably going to see some fire soon.
I am sure there will be. I was just stating the the tone has changed. This mornings articles were written that an announcement was imminent and the latest articles now say no agreement has been made from sources and the Mayor publically stating its not done yet. I still think this is going to happen (the sale) but I also would not be totally shocked if this is a plot on the Maloofs part to get more financial considerations from Sacramento.

Seattle fans, just a little PSA. Don't believe anything until you hear an announcement from the Maloofs. And then, know that their word really doesn't mean jack ####. They are more than willing to back out on deals when they're halfway done. I'd start start the celebration at the tipoff of the first game. Anything before that may just end up being a letdown.

I am sure there will be. I was just stating the the tone has changed. This mornings articles were written that an announcement was imminent and the latest articles now say no agreement has been made from sources and the Mayor publically stating its not done yet. I still think this is going to happen (the sale) but I also would not be totally shocked if this is a plot on the Maloofs part to get more financial considerations from Sacramento.
Sacramento no longer supports the Maloofs. Pulling out of the new stadium deal was the last straw. The only way the Kings stay in Sacramento is if the Maloofs sell the team to someone who wants to keep them here.The Maloofs still owe Sacramento a fair amount of money so to completely keep the city out of the loop of a sale probably wouldn't be easy.

Sonics should have never left, imo.the nba sucks now, but it would be cool if the Sonics were back.

I decided last year that Seattle is going to be my second city to root for. I dig how hardcore their fans are. Actually got me to root for the Sounders (and watch the MLS, never did that) and I like watching Seahawks games. Their crowds are nuts. Mariners are pretty lame though. Glad the Sonics are back. Brit > : hifive:
I'm sure ill watch, but it will not be the same as the original. : |

Seattle fans, just a little PSA. Don't believe anything until you hear an announcement from the Maloofs. And then, know that their word really doesn't mean jack ####. They are more than willing to back out on deals when they're halfway done. I'd start start the celebration at the tipoff of the first game. Anything before that may just end up being a letdown.
True Dat I did the whole rally thing and all that to keep the Kings in Sac. Then the Maloofs back out. They are slime and are loosing more of the family fortune everyday.

Sonics should have never left, imo.the nba sucks now, but it would be cool if the Sonics were back.
Neither Seattle nor Sacramento should have ever lost an NBA franchise. Seattle, at least, had two major professional sports franchises left. Sacramento is left with nothing but its d### in its hand.

Neither Seattle nor Sacramento should have ever lost an NBA franchise. Seattle, at least, had two major professional sports franchises left. Sacramento is left with nothing but its d### in its hand.
AAA baseball just got more awesome. :mellow:
It was always the best show in town.

True Dat I did the whole rally thing and all that to keep the Kings in Sac. Then the Maloofs back out. They are slime and are loosing more of the family fortune everyday.
Rumor is the deal has hit a snag because the Maloofs want to retain some operational control after the sale. Unreal.

Rumors going around the internet that the Kings have been sold to Chris Hansen :towelwave:
Seattle Predators?
There is no reason a new team in Seattle shouldn't be called the SuperSonics. But there are plenty of Sacramento Kings fans who would prefer the Seattle Hypocrites. Now all the crybaby Sonics fans can quit shut up when it comes bashing OKC fans. Wait 2 years and you got yourself a brand new team. Nah why wait when you can transplant the Kings.

Seattle Predators?
There is no reason a new team in Seattle shouldn't be called the SuperSonics. But there are plenty of Sacramento Kings fans who would prefer the Seattle Hypocrites. Now all the crybaby Sonics fans can quit shut up when it comes bashing OKC fans. Wait 2 years and you got yourself a brand new team. Nah why wait when you can transplant the Kings.
:fishing:

Seattle Predators?
Ladies and gents...your Seattle Hypocrites.

Seattle Predators?
Ladies and gents...your Seattle Hypocrites.

Looks like some local big wigs in Sacramento are making a push to buy the team and keep it there. I kind of hope they succeed. I'd much rather have a team that couldn't be saved in town.

Users who are viewing this thread