What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Patricia from Spurs has an arrest warrant and so does most of the board. Saw something today this could be worse then Calciopoli with Juve. Most who follow Serie A aren't surprised. Wondering if Inter end up involved in this too given to the fact the investigation they raided their HQs as well.

I'm travelling to London for work in January and would like to go early and take in a game while I'm there, I would be there the weekend of 1/7. I was there once 20+ years ago and have no idea what teams / stadiums to check aside from Tottenham's new-ish stadium. It looks like they only have an FA Cup game that weekend.

Any suggestions for other games to look into in the area and things to do while there?
What is the best way to get tickets for a game there?

TIA!

Last edited:
I'm travelling to London for work in January and would like to go early and take in a game while I'm there, I would be there the weekend of 1/7. I was there once 20+ years ago and have no idea what teams / stadiums to check aside from Tottenham's new-ish stadium. It looks like they only have an FA Cup game that weekend.

Any suggestions for other games to look into in the area and things to do while there?

TIA!

Yeah, that is a cup weekend... Brentfod vs West Ham is a london derby - that would be fun to see, others in london that weekend other than Spurs are:
Millwall vs Sheffield United
Crystal Palace vs Southampton

Charlton Athletic may be hosting that weekend... but they have to win one more first and if Dagenham & Redbridge win they will host Leicester

TIA!

London has a cool bar that's Philly centric. Passyunk is the name of the bar. I think Eagles fans went there when the team was in London awhile ago.

Matti De Scigilo posted on IG about Juve back in Training. Juvintini sent him horrible messages calling him rat traitor etc after he cooperated with Authroirites along with Di Light on showing Whats app group chat of Chellini telling players during covid they'd forfeit 4 month wages but the team was technically going to pay them later and how it was to help clean the books.

Mattia once a Milanista always a Milanista.

Yeah, that is a cup weekend... Brentfod vs West Ham is a london derby - that would be fun to see, others in london that weekend other than Spurs are:

Charlton Athletic may be hosting that weekend... but they have to win one more first and if Dagenham & Redbridge win they will host Leicester
Brentford, Palace, Charlton, D&R -- if the timing and $$ works out where you could get to another game or two on top of Spurs, you'd enjoy the hell out of a smaller ground/crowd. Cup games are famous for atmosphere and fans of those smaller teams go all in for the FA Cup.

Not sure what Millwall is like these days -- assuming it's fine, but historically they've been a bad place to visit.

Last edited:
Brentford, Palace, Charlton, D&R -- if the timing and $$ works out where you could get two another game or two on top of Spurs, you'd enjoy the hell out of a smaller ground/crowd. Cup games are famous for atmosphere and fans of those smaller teams go all in for the FA Cup.

Not sure what Millwall is like these days -- assuming it's fine, but historically they've been a bad place to visit.
Yooo, came here to post this. The most pricy London teams don't really have super excited fans. Too expensive. I went to Arsenel/Chelsea, and it was very very meh.

Crystal Palace would be my call. Their fans will be as into it as any regular season match.

Brentford, Palace, Charlton, D&R -- if the timing and $$ works out where you could get two another game or two on top of Spurs, you'd enjoy the hell out of a smaller ground/crowd. Cup games are famous for atmosphere and fans of those smaller teams go all in for the FA Cup.

Yooo, came here to post this. The most pricy London teams don't really have super excited fans. Too expensive. I went to Arsenel/Chelsea, and it was very very meh.

Crystal Palace would be my call. Their fans will be as into it as any regular season match.

If you are a Ted Lasso fan, there is the fun of being in the same stadium they shoot the tv show in as well.

I recall it seemed like their tickets were hard to get when I was in London. Start looking early
My experience about five years ago is that getting tickets from a reseller required mailing them to a UK address.
I had to enlist a buddy to receive the tickets, and meet up with him to get them.

It may be all electronic now, but it was a major pain. Mainly to discourage scammers, of which there are MUCH more in Europe.

Brentford, Palace, Charlton, D&R -- if the timing and $$ works out where you could get to another game or two on top of Spurs, you'd enjoy the hell out of a smaller ground/crowd. Cup games are famous for atmosphere and fans of those smaller teams go all in for the FA Cup.

Millwall used to be a place where you took your life in your hands as a visiting fan in the 70s and 80s and even part of the 90s. Most grounds were varying degrees of bad in those decades, some just much worse than others. Not that bad anymore, very sanitized and family-oriented nowadays and going as a neutral, no problem at all.

@Lehigh98 Also, just to add to the above, for a low-stress, lower cost alternative game to Tottenham (expensive), Crystal Palace (hard to get to) or Brentford, you might want to consider the following that I think are scheduled for that day:

Reading vs Watford - not strictly London but not too far (about 40 miles outside) and decent standard
Leyton Orient vs Doncaster (very family friendly) stadium
Charlton vs Lincoln (slightly higher standard than Orient, also family friendly)

Safety and cost would be less of an issue, quality of soccer on show I cannot vouch for :unsure:

Last edited:

Explains why EA FIFA was able to have a stadium scan for the Richmond stadium

Millwall used to be a place where you took your life in your hands as a visiting fan in the 70s and 80s and even part of the 90s. Most grounds were varying degrees of bad in those decades, some just much worse than others. Not that bad anymore, very sanitized and family-oriented nowadays and going as a neutral, no problem at all.

Millwall is fine these days. If it wasn't for there being a train strike that weekend I'd probably have made the effort to do that away day. Tickets for that one would be trivial. Charlton lost their replay, but are at home to Lincoln in the league anyway by the looks of things, that's not a bad ground to visit either. Not sure how easy Palace or Brentford tickets would be, since it's the Cup I would have thought it would be easier. Would honestly pick Charlton given that's a league game, there's a tendency for lots of teams to make huge changes for the Cup these days regardless their level in the league and the fans don't take it anywhere near as seriously as they should, so you should theoretically get a better atmosphere.

I’m not sure if they are rumors at this point but Twellman tweeted a broken heart emoji an hour ago and now I’m reading Grant Wahl died today in Qatar. Someone who is supposedly his brother is on instagram alleging foul play.

I’m not sure if they are rumors at this point but Twellman tweeted a broken heart emoji an hour ago and now I’m reading Grant Wahl died today in Qatar. Someone who is supposedly his brother is on instagram alleging foul play.
If there is any story here, this is going to be all over the media for a while and whatever positive image boost Qatar bought with this World Cup will be loooong gone

Date has changed, let's try this again!...

I'm travelling to London for work in January and would like to go early and take in a game while I'm there, I would be there the weekend of 1/14. I was there once 20+ years ago and have no idea what teams / stadiums to check aside from Tottenham's new-ish stadium. But I do have my eye on Tottenham hosting Arsenal on Sunday 1/15.

What's the best way to get tickets for the game?
Looks like you have to join their Hotspur club ($50) to buy tix through the team?
(Looks like that option is sold out anyway though)
I see a season ticket holder exchange site but it also looks like you still need their membership to use it.
(Not sure if that would be any cheaper than Stubhub because I can't see listings without membership)
British Stubhub?
Having never been in the stadium, any suggestions for better areas / sections to sit in?

Looks like cheapest you can get in there is $300+ so open to other game suggestions too.
Crystal Palace is at Chelsea

TIA!

Last edited:
The shovel can't get in the ground fast enough in NY...

=====================

[Goff] NYCFC will play nine matches at Yankee Stadium and six at Citi Field. The venue for the last two home matches will be determined later in the year.

My club had our meeting of the minds on Monday night. Ended up at my Club's President House with him and his wife with pizza and drinks. We discussed possible alternatives for match day, as well as swag, myself and another getting admin duties on the club pages and possible a club membership which we agreed would come with some stuff included but you could still watch games if not a member. Also discuss getting together with other clubs as there was an incident involving Napoli Philly club and their President. long story short nice but seems to want to put on a show for his group and gets a bit overboard. Even on the socials he still goes at it. Stirs the pot so we won't be doing meet ups with them for the future.

Luca Bendoni
@LucaBendoni

Landon Donovan's San Diego Loyal will go to MLS in 2024, coming from the USL. Been told MLS commissioner has approved it. It's time!
Not saying it’s not true, but 1.) Who is this guy? and 2) he tweeted this yesterday and I don’t see any other sources confirming.

He is an Italian journalist kind of like Fabrizio. I have not seen any other source saying this either.

Date has changed, let's try this again!...

I'm travelling to London for work in January and would like to go early and take in a game while I'm there, I would be there the weekend of 1/14. I was there once 20+ years ago and have no idea what teams / stadiums to check aside from Tottenham's new-ish stadium. But I do have my eye on Tottenham hosting Arsenal on Sunday 1/15.

What's the best way to get tickets for the game?

Snipping a lot of your post, but the simple answer re: NLD tickets is that you won't get them through normal channels, even if you buy a membership. Spurs is hugely oversubscribed for normal games, let alone vs Arsenal. If you can stretch to hospitality, then you could look at that angle (although I would imagine is also sold out), but for regular tickets? Seems extremely doubtful. In terms of the stadium itself, it's fantastic, I've only been the once and that was for the NFL, but it's the best new build I've been to in the UK.

Can have a look at other games that weekend for you when I'm back home

United misses out again. This almost guarantees that Gakpo will be a star.
Probably right.
Ruud van Nisteltrooy was his manager. He wanted to go to United in the summer, but they made the move for Antony first and CR7 didn't leave. Now Cr7 is gone and they do not even put in a bid for him allowing him to go to LP. We'll see if United actually makes any moves in Jan. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't, after spending a lot in summer.

Oh the ****....it is time MLS took off the training wheels...if a non big city team like KC were this close to signing Ronaldo for that type of money, they can improve the league significantly across the board. The money is clearly there.

========

Taylor Twellman

@TaylorTwellman

Multiple @MLS teams inquired about Ronaldo and his future but 1 team was already at the table: @SportingKC Their offer was so compelling that Ronaldo’s team had multiple meetings w/SKC before taking the Saudi deal. The package (wages/commercial) was said to be “very close"

Users who are viewing this thread