What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Sons of Anarchy Thread (1 Viewer)

I just wish that the last episode wasn't the night before Thanksgiving. I'm going to be traveling and won't get to see it.

Where does the show go next season?? Hopefully they did not blow their load on plotlines this season. From the previews I do not see Samcro being one happy family anymore.

Where does the show go next season?? Hopefully they did not blow their load on plotlines this season. From the previews I do not see Samcro being one happy family anymore.
Predictions over at TWOP are that there is a civil war between SAMCRO (led by Clay/Tig) and a break-away club (led by Jax/Opie) for control of the town.

I'm still liking it too. But the trading of cars twist is a little trite.
Agreed here. They shouldn't have shown the audience the switch. We should have learned about it when Tigg pulled up beside the truck. Still powerful though. This show is awesome. Can't wait for the finale.

I'm still liking it too. But the trading of cars twist is a little trite.
Agreed here. They shouldn't have shown the audience the switch. We should have learned about it when Tigg pulled up beside the truck. Still powerful though. This show is awesome. Can't wait for the finale.
I'm just glad that Clay's call didn't reach Tigg right before he was about to shoot her.

WOW. I actually teared up - I suk
i held back.can't wait for the #### to hit the fan tomorrow. From the previews, Jax is looking like he's turning into Marshawn Lynch Beast Mode on everybody.
As he should. I thought the whole "off Opie" call was B.S. from the start. Now that Clay KNOWS he was wrong, what's he going to do? It's like Mystic River, but it doesn't suck. (Yet).

Great ending, can't wait for Season 2, hopefully, this will have a decent run like the Shield. Next season's civil war within SAMCRO should be interesting.

This is a good show. It has shot up to be a must watch for me (few shows make that list for me). It has echoes of Soprano's and The Shield both of which I enjoyed (although I never really go into The Shield that much).

The second season will be interesting to see where they go from here. How far is Jax going to go? I mean, will the show be any interesting if Jax wins a civil war and takes the club legit?

This is a good show. It has shot up to be a must watch for me (few shows make that list for me). It has echoes of Soprano's and The Shield both of which I enjoyed (although I never really go into The Shield that much). The second season will be interesting to see where they go from here. How far is Jax going to go? I mean, will the show be any interesting if Jax wins a civil war and takes the club legit?
The guy who plays Jaxx just nails it IMO. I think people might be oversimplifying JAXX desire to "take the club legit". I dont think he would ever take the club COMPLETELY legit.

This is a good show. It has shot up to be a must watch for me (few shows make that list for me). It has echoes of Soprano's and The Shield both of which I enjoyed (although I never really go into The Shield that much). The second season will be interesting to see where they go from here. How far is Jax going to go? I mean, will the show be any interesting if Jax wins a civil war and takes the club legit?
The guy who plays Jaxx just nails it IMO. I think people might be oversimplifying JAXX desire to "take the club legit". I dont think he would ever take the club COMPLETELY legit.
agreed, after watching the pilot I thought these was going to be a horribly cheesy show and that the guy playing Jax was completely wrong. However the second show hooked me and every show Jax is f'n $

That is what really what I meant by how far is he going to go? How far will he fight against his father in law and mother and Tig as the loyal guard dog? Will he start an all out civil war? If so, how far will that go? And then finally, what happens if he wins whatever fight or civil war he goes?

The actor who plays Jax, Charlie Hunnam, is great in the role. It is somewhat surprising considering he is English and is playing a character who is supposed to be a traditional American rebel. He was great in Green Street Hooligans though and in Undeclared.

i give up

can't get the damned DVR to record new episodes. it's set to record all first run on FX. except it picks up some 4 minute preview/recap show that plays from 1:00 - 1:04 AM.

i've checked the channel guide. it shows 'NEW' in the correct time slot but the DVR does not pick up the 1hr episode. when i record the re-run a couple days later, it's an episode i've already seen 2 weeks ago.

:thumbup:

anyone else having problems? or is it just a rift between me and Time Warner?

i give upcan't get the damned DVR to record new episodes. it's set to record all first run on FX. except it picks up some 4 minute preview/recap show that plays from 1:00 - 1:04 AM.i've checked the channel guide. it shows 'NEW' in the correct time slot but the DVR does not pick up the 1hr episode. when i record the re-run a couple days later, it's an episode i've already seen 2 weeks ago.:goodposting:anyone else having problems? or is it just a rift between me and Time Warner?
Isohunt down?

i give upcan't get the damned DVR to record new episodes. it's set to record all first run on FX. except it picks up some 4 minute preview/recap show that plays from 1:00 - 1:04 AM.i've checked the channel guide. it shows 'NEW' in the correct time slot but the DVR does not pick up the 1hr episode. when i record the re-run a couple days later, it's an episode i've already seen 2 weeks ago.:loco:anyone else having problems? or is it just a rift between me and Time Warner?
Isohunt down?
:doh:

Just started watching it this weekend I have a hard time stopping the episodes so I can go to sleep at night. Only have the 4th disc left.

Highly recommended show, especially for fans of the Shield.

I like how FX chooses to make their shows authentic, but not exactly realistic like The Wire. The plot lines of shows like SOA and The Shield are over the top, yet manage to stay at least somewhat believable despite all the convenient coincidences.

Absolutely love the casting of SAMCRO:

Charlie Hunnan- Took me a couple episodes to get over his character from Undeclared, but he's a great lead.

Kim Coates- One of my all time favorite movie baddies, so glad he found some consistent work.

Ron Pearlman- His character will never be Vic Mackey, but I can accept him as the leader without him overshadowing the other members.

Theo Rossi- This kid needs more work!

Mark Boone Junior- Fantastic!

Ryan Hurst- Unrecognizable from his previous roles in Ladykillers and Remember the Titans.

Tommy Flanagan- Has played some great bit parts in some huge movies.

Rent this series if you have any interest in it at all. Instantly one of my favorite shows still in production.

Just started watching it this weekend I have a hard time stopping the episodes so I can go to sleep at night. Only have the 4th disc left.Highly recommended show, especially for fans of the Shield.I like how FX chooses to make their shows authentic, but not exactly realistic like The Wire. The plot lines of shows like SOA and The Shield are over the top, yet manage to stay at least somewhat believable despite all the convenient coincidences.Absolutely love the casting of SAMCRO:Charlie Hunnan- Took me a couple episodes to get over his character from Undeclared, but he's a great lead.Kim Coates- One of my all time favorite movie baddies, so glad he found some consistent work.Ron Pearlman- His character will never be Vic Mackey, but I can accept him as the leader without him overshadowing the other members.Theo Rossi- This kid needs more work!Mark Boone Junior- Fantastic!Ryan Hurst- Unrecognizable from his previous roles in Ladykillers and Remember the Titans. Tommy Flanagan- Has played some great bit parts in some huge movies. Rent this series if you have any interest in it at all. Instantly one of my favorite shows still in production.
You left out the best actor in the cast, Katey Sagal as Gemma Teller Morrow.

It's good to see her on screen again, but her character still hasn't grown on me. How she was portrayed in the first couple episodes was much different than she is now 3/4 through the season. Maybe with time it will grow on me more.

It's good to see her on screen again, but her character still hasn't grown on me. How she was portrayed in the first couple episodes was much different than she is now 3/4 through the season. Maybe with time it will grow on me more.
Well, if you haven't seen the last disc, you haven't seen the really good stuff that sets up the series for next season. Gemma will be a key figure in some of that.

Well, if you haven't seen the last disc, you haven't seen the really good stuff that sets up the series for next season. Gemma will be a key figure in some of that.
I wouldn't expect less. I'll be sure to report back with a full review on season 1.

I just rewatched the whole first season to get ready for Tuesday night, this show is by far the best on TV

Been looking forward to this for a while! :lmao:
Just picked up the last few episodes of Sons of Anarchy after seeing all the previews during Rescue Me. I'm a little lost about the burned manuscript and such but I'll catch up at some point. Love the show thus far. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Been looking forward to this for a while! :thumbup:
Just picked up the last few episodes of Sons of Anarchy after seeing all the previews during Rescue Me. I'm a little lost about the burned manuscript and such but I'll catch up at some point. Love the show thus far. Looking forward to Tuesday.
A long time ago Jax's pop realized the club wasn't sustainable as an outlaw club. He wrote the manuscript you see in the episodes shortly before Clay had him killed. Obviously, Jax doesn't know his father was murdered. It outlines a new direction he saw for the club. Jax has struggled with his own feelings regarding the direction the club is headed in, especially since he's read part or all of that manuscript and therefore knows his Dad was thinking similarly. Clay and Jemma are trying to ensure that he follows the hardcore outlaw lifestyle the club currently follows. I suspect much of this next season will deal with this conflict.

Been looking forward to this for a while! :thumbup:
Not a manuscript but a collection of thought from his father that Gemma and Clay don't want him to read. Thank F/X for this show, it makes me miss The Shield less. Lots of actors show up along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been looking forward to this for a while! :(
A long time ago Jax's pop realized the club wasn't sustainable as an outlaw club. He wrote the manuscript you see in the episodes shortly before Clay had him killed. Obviously, Jax doesn't know his father was murdered. It outlines a new direction he saw for the club. Jax has struggled with his own feelings regarding the direction the club is headed in, especially since he's read part or all of that manuscript and therefore knows his Dad was thinking similarly. Clay and Jemma are trying to ensure that he follows the hardcore outlaw lifestyle the club currently follows. I suspect much of this next season will deal with this conflict.
:goodposting: Appreciate the insight. Look forward to catching up on the first 3/4 of season 1 at some point.

Been looking forward to this for a while! :gang1:
:thumbup: Appreciate the insight. Look forward to catching up on the first 3/4 of season 1 at some point.
I have not understood why they have not been doing re-runs of the first season to lead up to the second season.

Anyone know where I can find the first season online (for free)? I've seen these trailers lately and it looks pretty interesting...but I'd like to see season 1 before watching season 2.

Been looking forward to this for a while! :gang1:
:thumbup: Appreciate the insight. Look forward to catching up on the first 3/4 of season 1 at some point.
I have not understood why they have not been doing re-runs of the first season to lead up to the second season.
They have. I watched the last three episodes this past weekend.

+1As did I. REALLY looking forward to the coming season. Jax & Clay look to be going H2H, and there were signs of division in the club even though Clay trusted Jax almost completely in his choices.

+1As did I. REALLY looking forward to the coming season. Jax & Clay look to be going H2H, and there were signs of division in the club even though Clay trusted Jax almost completely in his choices.
Yup, and what adds to the intensity is the fact that Jax's Mom is Clay's squeeze. She was ok with Clay offing her husband. Would she be if Jax became a problem? I know it won't happen but it could be a plot line, and where would she stand in that scenario?

Yup, and what adds to the intensity is the fact that Jax's Mom is Clay's squeeze. She was ok with Clay offing her husband. Would she be if Jax became a problem? I know it won't happen but it could be a plot line, and where would she stand in that scenario?
Teaser commercial showed Jax saying something about Clay putting 2 in the back of his head - direct reference to Jax's dad's death.

Users who are viewing this thread