What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2009 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Sounds like Kinsler should have been on third on the Markakis. Could have been the tie run with a sac fly. All hindsight at this point.

The double steal was a ballsy move.

Sounds like Kinsler should have been on third on the Markakis. Could have been the tie run with a sac fly. All hindsight at this point.
Yeah he would have scored on the Hamilton flyball IMO. He went back to the base and then took off for some reason, weird. #### happens though.

Anybody still on board with Ron?
I'm not sure he could have done anything to fix that mess last night. I still like the double steal call late, so things like that give me a bit of hope.I have no feelings one way or the other about Washington. What ever Nolan feels is right, I'm cool with. I really want to see Jon Daniels given a chance to see this thing out. The two trades aside, I think he is doing a really good job putting this thing together.It is not about this year.It is not about this year.I just keep having to say that over and over. Derek Holland got his first AAA start out of the way (shaky, 5k's) and Justin Smoak is pretty much killing AA, so it is just a matter of time.

This year is a real turning point though. Fans will write this thing off for Frisco real fast. I've said this on other rangers boards, but they made a real error in putting that team up there. They easily are putting 2-3k less weeknight butts in the seats.

If attendance drops even more it won't even matter what the farm system is going to bring up this thing will be having a firesale and won't keep any of it's talent.

It's a vicious cycle that Tom doesn't see. Low payroll = low attendance = lower payroll and so on. He's trying to sell a good chunk of this team, but he still sees it as a business and as hard as he's been hit lately he can't take too much of a loss.

This year is a real turning point though. Fans will write this thing off for Frisco real fast. I've said this on other rangers boards, but they made a real error in putting that team up there. They easily are putting 2-3k less weeknight butts in the seats. If attendance drops even more it won't even matter what the farm system is going to bring up this thing will be having a firesale and won't keep any of it's talent. It's a vicious cycle that Tom doesn't see. Low payroll = low attendance = lower payroll and so on. He's trying to sell a good chunk of this team, but he still sees it as a business and as hard as he's been hit lately he can't take too much of a loss.
I agree about Frisco being there. I am sure they are loving having the team close enough for JD, Nolan, etc to drive and see play, but the hardcore Rangers fan that lives North of 114 now has a choice for his baisbol dollar.P.S. It might be sacrilege to say, but I am digging the coverage the Rangers are getting on 105.3. Ben and Skin are blowing the doors off The Hardline when it comes to talking baseball. I would challenge Rhyner to name the starting rotation for Frisco or OKC. Meanwhile, Ben and Skin feel like they have been hanging around Jamey Newberg and Scott Lucas all day long. The players in Surprise seem to enjoy talking to B&S more than Corby and Mike.

This year is a real turning point though. Fans will write this thing off for Frisco real fast. I've said this on other rangers boards, but they made a real error in putting that team up there. They easily are putting 2-3k less weeknight butts in the seats. If attendance drops even more it won't even matter what the farm system is going to bring up this thing will be having a firesale and won't keep any of it's talent. It's a vicious cycle that Tom doesn't see. Low payroll = low attendance = lower payroll and so on. He's trying to sell a good chunk of this team, but he still sees it as a business and as hard as he's been hit lately he can't take too much of a loss.
I agree about Frisco being there. I am sure they are loving having the team close enough for JD, Nolan, etc to drive and see play, but the hardcore Rangers fan that lives North of 114 now has a choice for his baisbol dollar.P.S. It might be sacrilege to say, but I am digging the coverage the Rangers are getting on 105.3. Ben and Skin are blowing the doors off The Hardline when it comes to talking baseball. I would challenge Rhyner to name the starting rotation for Frisco or OKC. Meanwhile, Ben and Skin feel like they have been hanging around Jamey Newberg and Scott Lucas all day long. The players in Surprise seem to enjoy talking to B&S more than Corby and Mike.
Did the ticket even get to go out to suprise this year for the whole royals thing? If they did I didn't even realize it.

Anybody still on board with Ron?
I'm not sure he could have done anything to fix that mess last night. I still like the double steal call late, so things like that give me a bit of hope.I have no feelings one way or the other about Washington. What ever Nolan feels is right, I'm cool with. I really want to see Jon Daniels given a chance to see this thing out. The two trades aside, I think he is doing a really good job putting this thing together.It is not about this year.It is not about this year.I just keep having to say that over and over. Derek Holland got his first AAA start out of the way (shaky, 5k's) and Justin Smoak is pretty much killing AA, so it is just a matter of time.
Well Yes....and....NOThe future is MORE important.........but that thinking is contradicted many times by the moves of this organization...with all the excellent young arms in the organization now, it makes no sense to continue to sign retreads and impede the development of Feliz, Holland and all the rest. THEY would put just as many fans in the seats in Arlington and the organization NEEDS to find out which of them can be successful in Arlington...and which can't because otherwise they are going to have to make decisions on too many pitchers all at once without really having seen whether they could take the next step up. Benson, Jennings, and to some degree even Guardado are taking innings away from the younger pitchers. Scott Feldman made some nice progress this spring and then they dump him back in the bullpen and don't see whether he can be a starter for them.True they would need a perfect storm to have ANY chance at the AL West crown this year, but I would rather see them move forward - like they did with Andrus and Teagarden this year and Cruz and Davis last year (although he was clearly the best first baseman last March but they considered themselves hamstrung by the silly Broussard signing).Smoak will rake at AA then AAA and be an option for next year - that is a given.What they NEED to do is get the younger pitchers some innings THIS year like they did with Harrison last year.

Creditors to Texas financier Tom Hicks's Hicks Sports Group have declared the company in default, a measure that could eventually dislodge the Texas Rangers baseball club and Dallas Stars hockey franchise from his control.The default notice is the strongest sign yet of the economic perils awaiting the country's professional sports leagues, where owners have spent lavishly on player salaries. Many owners' personal fortunes are also on the wane, creating uncomfortable standoffs between the owners and lenders.In Mr. Hicks's case, a group of 40 financial institutions and other investors hold $525 million in debt. Galatioto Sports Partners, a New York sports-financing group, holds the largest position, having lent nearly $100 million to Hicks Sports Group.Mr. Hicks missed a $10 million quarterly interest payment on March 31, triggering the default notice. The teams are unable to fund both their operating expenses and debt service, and Mr. Hicks has declined to continue making up the difference out of his own pocket, according to a person familiar with the matter.[tom hicks and creditors and default] Associated PressTom Hicks, right, pictured with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones last April, missed a $10 million quarterly interest payment March 31.That has angered some of the lenders -- a collection of large banks and smaller investment funds -- for whom the default notice begins a process that could put the banks in control of the teams. That won't happen for at least 180 days, however, as lenders have agreed to National Hockey League provisions that prevent immediate foreclosure. Major League Baseball's rules for such situations are more fluid, though if Hicks Sports Group can't satisfy lenders, the lenders can eventually force an MLB-sanctioned sale of the Rangers.Mr. Hicks can fix the situation, and remain in control of the teams, by paying off his current debt or by reaching a new deal with his lenders, which he is trying to do.A spokesman for NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman declined to comment. Bob DuPuy, chief operating officer of Major League Baseball, also declined to comment.Relations between the Hicks Sports Group lenders and the NHL have grown increasingly testy of late, with the NHL threatening to do all it could to block a forced sale of the Stars, according to people involved in the matter.In the meantime, Mr. Hicks is trying to fashion a deal of his own, by selling a minority stake in the Rangers and Stars. He said he plans to fund operational losses of the teams but wants the banks to cover interest payments."I'm confident that I'll be able to reach agreement with 51% of the lenders because I will be able to fund all the cash needs of the two teams during the period that I'm bringing in new partners, which will help us to drastically reduce if not eliminate HSG's debt," Mr. Hicks said in an interview. "These are great sports franchises and they're valuable assets and I want to make sure I have ample time to identify appropriate partners to invest at a fair value."Mr. Hicks has been one of the most high-profile figures in professional sports, having purchased the Rangers in 1998 from a group of owners that included former President George W. Bush. Under Mr. Hicks's ownership, the Rangers signed shortstop Alex Rodriguez to a 10-year, $250 million contract. This year the Rangers' payroll is about $68 million, and is in the bottom third of MLB. The Stars, meanwhile, became the most successful of the NHL's franchises in the South, winning the Stanley Cup in 1999.In 2004, Mr. Hicks stepped down as chairman of Hicks Muse Tate & Furst Inc., the private-equity firm that he co-founded.Today Mr. Hicks operates Hicks Equity Partners, a private-equity arm of his investment firm. He is currently trying to close a $3.2 billion deal announced last June in which a Hicks investment vehicle would acquire a majority interest in plastic-container company Graham Packaging Holdings from the Blackstone Group.Separately, Mr. Hicks has a $400 million loan from the Royal Bank of Scotland due in July, used to fund his purchase of the Liverpool soccer team in the English Premier League. Mr. Hicks splits ownership of the team with Colorado businessman George Gillet. To raise cash, Mr. Gillet is also moving ahead with a sale of his controlling stake in the NHL's Montreal Canadiens.The trouble for Hicks Sports Group has been brewing for months, as the poor economy has dried up interest in sponsorships and ticket sales. Late last month, just days before the payment was due, Mr. Hicks informed the lenders he wouldn't make the payment. On April 6, the lenders found Hicks Sports Group in default.—Peter Lattman contributed to this article.

P.S. It might be sacrilege to say, but I am digging the coverage the Rangers are getting on 105.3. Ben and Skin are blowing the doors off The Hardline when it comes to talking baseball. I would challenge Rhyner to name the starting rotation for Frisco or OKC. Meanwhile, Ben and Skin feel like they have been hanging around Jamey Newberg and Scott Lucas all day long. The players in Surprise seem to enjoy talking to B&S more than Corby and Mike.
:football: Their show is pretty solid. And I can actually pick up that station.

Creditors to Texas financier Tom Hicks's Hicks Sports Group have declared the company in default, a measure that could eventually dislodge the Texas Rangers baseball club and Dallas Stars hockey franchise from his control.
This could be a good thing. Hicks has never been the owner I want to have, even back in the A-Rod days. The guy is a business man, not a sports fan. This crap about trying to sell 49 percent of the teams lately just to pay interest payments is just the beginning of the end.Would love to have Cuban come in and buy either the Rangers or the Stars. I think the Stars would be really smart with sharing AAC beds. Maybe Jerry Jones can buy the Rangers and just totally own Arlington. Either would be better than Hicks.How about Nolan and W. going in and buying the Rangers? That is a partnership I could get behind, because as poor as he was as president, Bush made a pretty good baseball owner.

Another bullpen meltdown. This is starting to get old.

Going to be an interesting tug-of-war between Wash, Nolan and JD about bringing up some of the young guys if this thing really does tank early again.

The attendance last night was an all time record low for BPIA. That's 5 games into the season fellas.

At the rate things are going Frico could be outdrawing the temple by late may.

I don't care if culdeus hates them. These Rangers are fun to watch.

14 batters so far this inning - 8 runs

Last edited by a moderator:
Can any of you Rangers guys tell me why N. Cruz continues to get dropped in the batting order? The guy has 5 HRs and two others that I saw that were hit to dead center just shy of the wall. He starts out the season htting 4th got moved to 5th then the last two nights he bats 6th and 7th. :rolleyes:

Can any of you Rangers guys tell me why N. Cruz continues to get dropped in the batting order? The guy has 5 HRs and two others that I saw that were hit to dead center just shy of the wall. He starts out the season htting 4th got moved to 5th then the last two nights he bats 6th and 7th. :boxing:
I think it is just Washington trying some things early in the season. Getting everyone comfortable, seeing matchups, etc. I don't see Cruz staying in that 7th spot for long.Maybe he was just confused with everyone wearing 42??

Can any of you Rangers guys tell me why N. Cruz continues to get dropped in the batting order? The guy has 5 HRs and two others that I saw that were hit to dead center just shy of the wall. He starts out the season htting 4th got moved to 5th then the last two nights he bats 6th and 7th. :goodposting:
Where Cruz bats in the lineup is a function of who else is playing that night - Wash wants to separate the LH batters, so if Andruw Jones was not playing and Blalock was, it should go Hamilton, Cruz, Blalock.............when Jones is in (and he is hitting now and there is some trade interest so they could profit nicely by flipping him), then it should be Hamilton, Jones, Blalock (or Murphy), Cruz.But really, in that lineup, especially playing in Arlington, there will be tons of RBI opportunities anywhere in the batting order

Can any of you Rangers guys tell me why N. Cruz continues to get dropped in the batting order? The guy has 5 HRs and two others that I saw that were hit to dead center just shy of the wall. He starts out the season htting 4th got moved to 5th then the last two nights he bats 6th and 7th. :goodposting:
Where Cruz bats in the lineup is a function of who else is playing that night - Wash wants to separate the LH batters, so if Andruw Jones was not playing and Blalock was, it should go Hamilton, Cruz, Blalock.............when Jones is in (and he is hitting now and there is some trade interest so they could profit nicely by flipping him), then it should be Hamilton, Jones, Blalock (or Murphy), Cruz.But really, in that lineup, especially playing in Arlington, there will be tons of RBI opportunities anywhere in the batting order
Thanks and I agree about the RBI opportunities. I just thought it was pretty strange to start the season 3-0 with Cruz spanking the ball in the 4 spot and then start moving things around.

Captain Hook said:
Pnishthm said:
Can any of you Rangers guys tell me why N. Cruz continues to get dropped in the batting order? The guy has 5 HRs and two others that I saw that were hit to dead center just shy of the wall. He starts out the season htting 4th got moved to 5th then the last two nights he bats 6th and 7th. :D
What is up with Andruw? I know it's only been 11 ABs, but he hasn't had an 11 AB stretch like that in the last 2 years, so it warrants some attention.

Captain Hook said:
Pnishthm said:
Can any of you Rangers guys tell me why N. Cruz continues to get dropped in the batting order? The guy has 5 HRs and two others that I saw that were hit to dead center just shy of the wall. He starts out the season htting 4th got moved to 5th then the last two nights he bats 6th and 7th. :bag:
What is up with Andruw? I know it's only been 11 ABs, but he hasn't had an 11 AB stretch like that in the last 2 years, so it warrants some attention.
Believe in the power of Rudy.

So far, so good with Elvis. Obviously he's just a kid, but is he that rare dude who has so much talent that he becomes a stud way, way earlier than anyone anticipates?

I have him in my dynasty league and nights like last night (along with that HR last week) have my ###### nice and moist.

Tell me he looks as good IRL as he has looked in the boxes. Please?

So far, so good with Elvis. Obviously he's just a kid, but is he that rare dude who has so much talent that he becomes a stud way, way earlier than anyone anticipates?I have him in my dynasty league and nights like last night (along with that HR last week) have my ###### nice and moist.Tell me he looks as good IRL as he has looked in the boxes. Please?
The guy looks better than the boxscore. He has a swagger/confidence to his game that is unmatched. Really fun to watch.

Random thoughts during the off-day:

The AAA team put 17 up on Nashville last night, including 12 in the 5th. During that 5th inning, 17 Redhawks went to the plate, including 13 with 2 outs. It is still early, but I am liking what we are seeing out of Julio Borbon and Greg Golson. Both players would be an upgrade in CF for Texas, moving Hamilton to the corner and making the OF defense one of the best.

That said, you already have a log jam in the OF, so does Andruw Jones and Marlon Byrd become the prospect bait for this season?? If both keep playing like they are, it could be real easy to see happen.

I think Feliz (5IP, 3H, 2BB, 2R, 5Ks) will be up here before Holland, and Diamond might beat them both up.

Random thoughts during the off-day:The AAA team put 17 up on Nashville last night, including 12 in the 5th. During that 5th inning, 17 Redhawks went to the plate, including 13 with 2 outs. It is still early, but I am liking what we are seeing out of Julio Borbon and Greg Golson. Both players would be an upgrade in CF for Texas, moving Hamilton to the corner and making the OF defense one of the best.That said, you already have a log jam in the OF, so does Andruw Jones and Marlon Byrd become the prospect bait for this season?? If both keep playing like they are, it could be real easy to see happen. I think Feliz (5IP, 3H, 2BB, 2R, 5Ks) will be up here before Holland, and Diamond might beat them both up.
1) Diamond has been moved to the bullpen and seems to be doing well in shorter stints, so that may well get him to Arlington sooner than Feliz or Holland who long term are both viewed as SP2) It will likely depend on when JD admits he should have one (better both) of them up rather than some of the rotation filler they have in now............or dictated by an injury to a SP, but between the two it may depend on who has made more progress with their command and secondary pitches. From a casual fan's persepective they may want to see Feliz, but from what I have seen, I think Holland is the better choice - for now3) The Rangers OF is overly crowded now (had to release Cat and eat the salary and he was a good average, contact hitter, but didn't offer an upgrade and isn't part of the future plans. I think Byrd has demonstrated his value whether in the regular lineup or as a 4th OF or DH or combination of the two. Jones is different, he has lost the weight and attitude that hampered him with the Dodgers and has worked very hard (yes with help from Rudy) to get some AB and prove his value. Still long term, he doesn't fit into the Rangers plans and best case this year would be to show enough value to have a team who needs a CF or DH (the White Sox being an immediate candidate) trade a hitting prospect for him that has good long term potential.4) Golson looked Very good in spring training. I think the Phillies gave up on him too early, but Rangers gain there. Still young enough to have value in the Rangers OF5) Borbon, the Rangers CF of the future, just needs to continue to develop his hitting - especially pitch recognition and command of the strike zone and getting on base more (bunting proficiency would Really help him) - his glove is ML ready now................he may be up later as needs dictate, but really next year is when he could/should arrive

Random thoughts during the off-day:The AAA team put 17 up on Nashville last night, including 12 in the 5th. During that 5th inning, 17 Redhawks went to the plate, including 13 with 2 outs. It is still early, but I am liking what we are seeing out of Julio Borbon and Greg Golson. Both players would be an upgrade in CF for Texas, moving Hamilton to the corner and making the OF defense one of the best.That said, you already have a log jam in the OF, so does Andruw Jones and Marlon Byrd become the prospect bait for this season?? If both keep playing like they are, it could be real easy to see happen. I think Feliz (5IP, 3H, 2BB, 2R, 5Ks) will be up here before Holland, and Diamond might beat them both up.
1) Diamond has been moved to the bullpen and seems to be doing well in shorter stints, so that may well get him to Arlington sooner than Feliz or Holland who long term are both viewed as SP2) It will likely depend on when JD admits he should have one (better both) of them up rather than some of the rotation filler they have in now............or dictated by an injury to a SP, but between the two it may depend on who has made more progress with their command and secondary pitches. From a casual fan's persepective they may want to see Feliz, but from what I have seen, I think Holland is the better choice - for now3) The Rangers OF is overly crowded now (had to release Cat and eat the salary and he was a good average, contact hitter, but didn't offer an upgrade and isn't part of the future plans. I think Byrd has demonstrated his value whether in the regular lineup or as a 4th OF or DH or combination of the two. Jones is different, he has lost the weight and attitude that hampered him with the Dodgers and has worked very hard (yes with help from Rudy) to get some AB and prove his value. Still long term, he doesn't fit into the Rangers plans and best case this year would be to show enough value to have a team who needs a CF or DH (the White Sox being an immediate candidate) trade a hitting prospect for him that has good long term potential.4) Golson looked Very good in spring training. I think the Phillies gave up on him too early, but Rangers gain there. Still young enough to have value in the Rangers OF5) Borbon, the Rangers CF of the future, just needs to continue to develop his hitting - especially pitch recognition and command of the strike zone and getting on base more (bunting proficiency would Really help him) - his glove is ML ready now................he may be up later as needs dictate, but really next year is when he could/should arrive
Good stuff Captain. Love everytime you post in here. Are you local or just watching the Rangers from afar??I also thought about the fact that Diamond being in the bullpen would get him up here faster. That is where the help is needed most. Feliz vs. Holland will be very interesting over the next few months. I read Scott Lucas every morning first and foremost to read about Feliz, Holland and Smoak. Everything else is just gravy. I didn't get much info on Golson from ST. Any specifics you can share? Sounded early that the Phillies won with Mayberry almost staying up with the big club, but we will see. I was never very high on him. I know he needs work, but I can't help but want to rush Borbon. This park makes having an elite defender in CF almost a neccessity, and it has been awhile since we have had one.

Of the two, who is the better bet for fantasy purposes?

Byrd or Jones?

I know they are both part time players......do you see either getting a full time shot soon?

Of the two, who is the better bet for fantasy purposes? Byrd or Jones? I know they are both part time players......do you see either getting a full time shot soon?
I think it is going to come down to the needs of the team, who is going to get hurt or falter first: Blalock or Murphy/Cruz. It looks as if Jones is only going to DH for this team while Byrd can play all three OF spots. That would make it seem like Byrd would be the choice, but Blalock is always day-to-day, so it's really hard to say right now.

Of the two, who is the better bet for fantasy purposes? Byrd or Jones? I know they are both part time players......do you see either getting a full time shot soon?
Given Murphy and Byrd's start I imagine the job will be Byrd's until he cools off. He's been solid since he got to Texas07 414 AB's 307/355/459 (512 home SLG, 411 road SLG) 88 K 29 BB08 403 AB's 298/380/462 (510 home SLG, 410 road SLG) 62 K 46 BB09 24 AB's 417/417/708 4 K 0 BBLoving that significantly improved eye...

Absolutely hoorrrrible. If Meche does this to them, what's Greinke doing tomorrow?
Something wrong with Michael Young? I know it's 9-0, but is that the only reason the great Omar Vizquel hit for him in the 7th with the bases loaded?
No word on any injury.If no injury, that was one of the most bizarrely bad managerial moves I have ever seen.Even if he was hurt, why not Andruw? Jeebus cristobtw:Young, by the way, is batting .373 with 73 RBIs with the bases loaded since 2004. For his career, he is .340 with runners in scoring position and two outs, one of the top marks currently in baseball.

Limp Ditka said:
cosjobs said:
Absolutely hoorrrrible. If Meche does this to them, what's Greinke doing tomorrow?
Something wrong with Michael Young? I know it's 9-0, but is that the only reason the great Omar Vizquel hit for him in the 7th with the bases loaded?
Nothing wrong with Young - he will be back in the lineup today...............the PH appearance by Vizquel was Washington's idea to get Omar some real AB and to rest Young for the rest of the game since it was out of hand - he also pull Hamilton at that point, so this one is on him and nothing wrong with either.

Two things working in the same direction - Murphy just terrible to start the season against both RHP whom he usually hits well and LHP whom he has never done well against; and Byrd on fire. At this point, I expect Byrd to start today even against Greinke and Murphy to sit for a few games or get some part time work until/if he regains his stroke against RHP. BUT at this point the best he could hope for would be a platoon and that will take a while.Still as much as Byrd has done so far, he is not an everyday starter with both Murphy and Jones needing some AB.

Bogart said:
Good stuff Captain. Love everytime you post in here. Are you local or just watching the Rangers from afar??I also thought about the fact that Diamond being in the bullpen would get him up here faster. That is where the help is needed most. Feliz vs. Holland will be very interesting over the next few months. I read Scott Lucas every morning first and foremost to read about Feliz, Holland and Smoak. Everything else is just gravy. I didn't get much info on Golson from ST. Any specifics you can share? Sounded early that the Phillies won with Mayberry almost staying up with the big club, but we will see. I was never very high on him. I know he needs work, but I can't help but want to rush Borbon. This park makes having an elite defender in CF almost a neccessity, and it has been awhile since we have had one.
Thanks cos - appreciate the commentNo, not local - to Arlington that is, but I live in Surprise and am at the ST complex every day while they are here (and some before and after) and then watch rookie league, instructional league and AFL games.On the Mayberry/Golson trade, I give the edge to the Rangers. Yes Mayberry had a better spring in games, but he has always had a long swing which can get out of sorts - to wit he is off I believe to a slow start for the Phillies minor league team. Golson is just flat out a better athlete, and one who could still get to the bigs and contribute - we will see how much progress he makes this year at AAA, but I can tell you having seen him almost every day for a month, that I was impressed (and that ain't easy).Borbon should not be rushed....yes I know fans want to see him, but they don't really need him this year and while it's not generally worthwhile to speculate about next year's lineup, they would not "need" him IF Byrd or Murphy have a great year this season and look likey they should be playing every day in 2010. Certainly long term, they will want to move Hamilton to RF and have Borbon - when ready with bat and attitude - playing in CF (presumably with Cruz in LF).

Millwood: The Quest for 180

Kevin Millwood's valient effort to accumulate 180 total innings and win the prize of a $12m contract next year.

Progress:

Number of Starts: 3

Number of Total Innings: 23

Average Innings per Start: 7.67

1-1, 1.17 ERA, 0.783 WHIP, 14 K

Number of Innings Left: 157

Number of Possible Starts Remaining*: 31

Average Number of Innings Needed per Remaining Starts: 5.064

*Based on 34 starts per Year - his average as a Ranger

He really deserved to win last night. Going the full 9, giving up only 2. Solid, solid game. Ryan has rubbed off on Millwood big time. 2 or 3 more starts like this and there will be zero drama for The Quest.

Derek Holland was called up from AAA last night. Will be getting work out of the bullpen. Fastball that sits around 94 and gets up to 99. Great changeup and working on a third pitch (slider). Keep your eye on this guy, and in really deep leagues or AL only I would pick him up if he makes the rotation.

The youth movement continues...

So far, so good with Elvis. Obviously he's just a kid, but is he that rare dude who has so much talent that he becomes a stud way, way earlier than anyone anticipates?I have him in my dynasty league and nights like last night (along with that HR last week) have my ###### nice and moist.Tell me he looks as good IRL as he has looked in the boxes. Please?
The guy looks better than the boxscore. He has a swagger/confidence to his game that is unmatched. Really fun to watch.
Sweet. Perhaps another Rafael Furcal. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread