What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2013 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Sitting 12th row behind the Astros bench for Sat night game. Something called Brad Peacock is pitching so it should be bombs away for the good guys. Plus your boy Brad will be Peacocking so its kinda perfect when you think about it. :excited:
Wearing Ranger gear?
You're better than this. I love you.
I love you. Will look for you in the stands with your Darvish jersey, Juando batting gloves, Sundberg catcher mask and Raffy hypo needles.

Can't ask for anything more from Perez. Complete game before an early get away game tomorrow against a horrible team.

:towelwave:

Enjoyed the game and the Houston visit. There were 100 hotter chicks at some bar in Midtown called 3rd Floor Bar than in all of San Antonio. Not that this surprises anyone but it was nice to see. Place was easily 60% women and the vast majority were 8's and above.

Who knew I would get to see Andrus hit one out?

Altuve is listed at 5"5" but he may have been measured wearing heels or something.

I like baseballball.

:towelwave:

Enjoyed the game and the Houston visit. There were 100 hotter chicks at some bar in Midtown called 3rd Floor Bar than in all of San Antonio. Not that this surprises anyone but it was nice to see. Place was easily 60% women and the vast majority were 8's and above.

Who knew I would get to see Andrus hit one out?

Altuve is listed at 5"5" but he may have been measured wearing heels or something.

I like baseballball.
That game was a blast. A lot of back and forth with Astros and Ranger fans. Most fun I've had at a game since game 5 of 2011 WS... And the 75 air conditioning was nice too. For being a game with 2 polar opposite teams it was a lot of fun.

Interesting....

According to Danny Knobler of CBS Sports, Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus has passed through waivers.

Interesting....

According to Danny Knobler of CBS Sports, Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus has passed through waivers.
Contract looks great.

Rangers really botched that one.
From a WAR/$$ perspective it looks horrid now. Even if he develops himself as a slap hitter/bunt guy it's still bad. WAR doesn't (I think) take into account total bases. Using that the contract still looks bad, but not an outright abortion.

Interesting....

Contract looks great.

From a WAR/$$ perspective it looks horrid now. Even if he develops himself as a slap hitter/bunt guy it's still bad. WAR doesn't (I think) take into account total bases. Using that the contract still looks bad, but not an outright abortion.
Not really. The Rangers defintely paid top dollar, but if you want to use WAR as the barometer to whether or not the contract is good or bad, it will most likely be a decent contract. Elvis is making $4.8 million this year. 1 WAR is worth about $4.5 million. Elvis has already put up a fWAR of 1.5 this year worth $7.8 million. Going into 2015 he will start making $15 million a year, as you can see beow he has put up a few seasons already where his WAR>$15mm.

I can't get that chart to format. Here's a link to his Fangraphs page.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=8709&position=SS#value

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting....

Contract looks great.

Not really. The Rangers defintely paid top dollar, but if you want to use WAR as the barometer to whether or not the contract is good or bad, it will most likely be a decent contract. Elvis is making $4.8 million this year. 1 WAR is worth about $4.5 million. Elvis has already put up a fWAR of 1.5 this year worth $7.8 million. Going into 2015 he will start making $15 million a year, as you can see beow he has put up a few seasons already where his WAR>$15mm.

I can't get that chart to format. Here's a link to his Fangraphs page.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=8709&position=SS#value
Very little chance we see any value in the 15/years. Then again what value will LAA get in the 39 million years of Josh and Pujols. In that context it doesn't look that bad.

Lets put it this way In the offseason you were looking at a player at a 3-5WAR with potential OPS of 750 which you had locked up for 4.5MM in this year and next.

He gets locked up and will now earn 15MM at an optimistic 2WAR with an OPS that might hover around 600. That's 1/3 the production for 3x the price. And it did NOT need to happen. Not then anyways. JD was so scared he'd be a 25MM SS that he wanted to get him on the cheap while there was still time for a home town discount.

And now you have your next supposed superstar blocked.

Lets put it this way In the offseason you were looking at a player at a 3-5WAR with potential OPS of 750 which you had locked up for 4.5MM in this year and next.

He gets locked up and will now earn 15MM at an optimistic 2WAR with an OPS that might hover around 600. That's 1/3 the production for 3x the price. And it did NOT need to happen. Not then anyways. JD was so scared he'd be a 25MM SS that he wanted to get him on the cheap while there was still time for a home town discount.

I've admitted it was a bit of an overpay, but all Elvis will have to do is avg ~3.3 WAR for Texas to get equal value. I'll gladly take the Rangers side of that bet. He will do better than 3.3 war avg over the $15mm years

Yeah, it's only bad if you assume this year is all Elvis can do as a batter. I'm not ready to ignore the past two seasons.

Especially considering the return to form he has shown since the all-star break (779 OPS).

I've admitted it was a bit of an overpay, but all Elvis will have to do is avg ~3.3 WAR for Texas to get equal value. I'll gladly take the Rangers side of that bet. He will do better than 3.3 war avg over the $15mm years
This past season 1 WAr cost 6+ million on the open market and that number is only going to go up with all the TV dollars floating around. Given the state of the SS position, if Andrus keeps up his current production the deal will wind up being a bargain for the Rangers.

Hidden ball trick (sorta) was fun last night.

"Congrats on getting your first major league hit, way to #### up on the bases and not pay attention."

Wheels are starting to come off the bullpen a little bit. Scheppers is absolutely not right since that fight.

When Oakland comes to town next we need to be ready to stomp on their throats. They play Bal, Tampa, Deet while we get Cws, sea, minn. Could be 5-7 games ahead by the next meeting.

4 lefties in 4 days is a little worrisome.

culdeus said:
When Oakland comes to town next we need to be ready to stomp on their throats. They play Bal, Tampa, Deet while we get Cws, sea, minn. Could be 5-7 games ahead by the next meeting.

4 lefties in 4 days is a little worrisome.
:goodposting:

Really enjoyed some of the Oakland fans giving Newberg crap on twitter last night. It was almost as entertaining as the game.

Texas is 41-16 against the West. Seattle has been a the toughest out (9-7) against them. Baseball is strange.

now +3.5 and Baltimore is the chalk in the game tonight and we are -200 with Yu going.

Going for longest road winning streak in club history tonight as well.

That was a pretty big win for Blackley last night considering Iwakuma and Felix are finishing out the series. Also nice seeing Scheppers contribute an uneventful inning. Need his wheels on.

That was a pretty big win for Blackley last night considering Iwakuma and Felix are finishing out the series. Also nice seeing Scheppers contribute an uneventful inning. Need his wheels on.
Tom Grieve Fun Fact: After the game tomorrow, Texas will have played Seattle 19 times, and out of those 19 games, will have faced Iwakuma and Felix 10 times. I'm too lazy to verify, but that would explain the record against Seattle a bit.

Schedule for August:

3 @ Oak

3 @ LAAAA

4 @ Hou

2 vs. Mil

3 vs. Sea

3 vs. Hou

3 @ Chi Sox

3 @ Sea

3 vs Minn

If you can't make a run against that competition, you don't belong in a playoff run. Outside of Oakland, every team is below 0.500.

Side note, Texas has 10 games left with Houston. Oakland has only 7. Oakland finishes with 7 on the road, Texas finishes with 7 at home, Houston for 3, LAAA for 4.

I'm starting to talk myself back into the thought of 162+.
16-6 with 5 to go. Playing Houston is fun. Can't ask for much more to take care of business against teams you should beat.

Yu probably wishes he was in the NL so he could drive in a few runs at the plate and help himself out.

Schedule for August:

3 @ Oak

3 @ LAAAA

4 @ Hou

2 vs. Mil

3 vs. Sea

3 vs. Hou

3 @ Chi Sox

3 @ Sea

3 vs Minn

If you can't make a run against that competition, you don't belong in a playoff run. Outside of Oakland, every team is below 0.500.

Side note, Texas has 10 games left with Houston. Oakland has only 7. Oakland finishes with 7 on the road, Texas finishes with 7 at home, Houston for 3, LAAA for 4.

I'm starting to talk myself back into the thought of 162+.
A month ago I would have been super happy excited to be tied with Oakland today. But now, it feels like a bit of a letdown. Going to be a fun last month to see how this shakes down. I just really don't want to have to worry about how Balt, NY and Cle are doing in the stupid WC standings.

I love it how after 3? years of that wrinkled up old hag from Standard Insurance mumble through her spots they finally gave in and put subtitles on them.

Hotter in her prime:

Standard Insurance

Angie Stevens

"I'm just gonna give it to you" kia girl

I think I lean towards Angie.

I like that stat about Ranger pitching allowing five runs or fewer for 31 straight games. Longest AL streak since 1972. :o

I like that stat about Ranger pitching allowing five runs or fewer for 31 straight games. Longest AL streak since 1972. :o
This stat is ridiculous.

When are they going to spend some money and get some power in here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread