What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "The Last Dance" The MJ/Chicago Bulls Dynasty 10 Part Mini-Series Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I’ve always thought it was a push off, but they had that second angle of the play in the doc I’d never seen before, which to me really supported Jordan’s and Costas’s story that Russell was stumbling anyway and Jordan’s touch was lighter than it looked from the angle behind the play. 
Same.  Always thought it was a 'small' push but nothing to complain about given the physicality of the league back then.  That replay shows practically nothing.  Still can't believe people complained about that play.

You're really stretching here.  Your 2nd link says 6-24 hours for most cases, with rare cases starting as early as 4 hours.  MJ said he was puking 3 hours after eating the pizza.

Staph is a possibility, but also very unlikely, especially given the fact that no one else got sick.  If any meat or cheese had staph bacteria in it, that place would have had countless people sick that night which they didn't.

The majority of FBI's start over 24 hours after ingestion.  In my earlier posts, I was discussing with someone who thought they got sick from Salmonella just 2 hours after eating a chicken sandwich... Salmonella does not hit this quickly almost ever.  Healthline is hardly a credible source compared to the FDA... saying on average 2-6 hours is completely against scientific proof from the FDA.

Here's a good chart from the FDA on the most common FBI's and the time symptoms hit after ingestion.  As you can see, ONLY staph could be a possibility, as every other one's incubation period is way longer than MJ's timeline.  COULD he have gotten poisoning from the ONE organism that gives symptoms that quickly, when no one else got sick that night and ate the same ingredients (Unless you think there was a 'bad meat bag' they purposely used... but comon), when his story already seems unlikely for many other reasons (the 5 people getting to his room past security, him spitting on the pizza so no one else could eat it, the worker coming out and saying he took all precautions and is a huge bulls fan, the fact that only 2 people were working that night so they exaggerated the 5, etc. etc. etc).... Sure... I'll give it a 0.1% chance of being legit.  He's being called out by professionals in the FBI field and other in the medical field left for the extreme unlikelihood that said pizza caused him those symptoms 3 hours after he ate it.
Listen--if you don't believe it--dont believe it.  I'm not sure If I believe it myself--but don't act like science is not supportive of it.   We're talking about once of the most finely tuned athletes on the planet--which means his metabolism will probalby digest food at a much higher rate than others.   The majority of people are not world class athletes.   The facts support that he could have gotten sick minutes if not hours after eating the alleged pizza. Whether or not you choose to believe it is a personal choice.  I personally feel like there is definitely something more to the story that is being left out--so it's not like I disagree with your conclusion.  I just disagree with your original assessment that people generally can't and don't get food poisoning hours after eating contaminated/bad food.  There are obviously lots of people that do get sick that quickly afterwards.  Anyhow--I feel like I've derailed the thread--so let's just leave things at that.  

Listen--if you don't believe it--dont believe it.  I'm not sure If I believe it myself--but don't act like science is not supportive of it.   We're talking about once of the most finely tuned athletes on the planet--which means his metabolism will probalby digest food at a much higher rate than others.   The majority of people are not world class athletes.   The facts support that he could have gotten sick minutes if not hours after eating the alleged pizza. Whether or not you choose to believe it is a personal choice.  I personally feel like there is definitely something more to the story that is being left out--so it's not like I disagree with your conclusion.  I just disagree with your original assessment that people generally can't and don't get food poisoning hours after eating contaminated/bad food.  There are obviously lots of people that do get sick that quickly afterwards.  Anyhow--I feel like I've derailed the thread--so let's just leave things at that.  
Which also means he is far less likely to get food poisoning as someone who is not in good health, elderly, and not a professional athlete.  Again, look at the FDA chart... it supports the case that people generally can't and don't get sick within hours of eating it, unless it's Staph.  I will concede that there is a very very small chance that he somehow got staph when no one else did that night, but if it was any of the other dozens of organisms that typically get people sick, then yes, it is scientifically impossible for him to have been sick that fast from all of those.  Staph FBI's can't exactly be 'purposely' given either, so in that extreme rare case he did get staph, and miraculously no one else did that night, then it would be completely by accident... which wouldn't support the way they were presenting that story.  And damn, if there somehow was a huge staph bacteria issue in the freshly opened bag of meat they used for his pizza, pretty irresponsible for them to not report it to the health officials to avoid others from not getting sick. 

But yes, it's been derailed.  I love MJ and love the documentary, so back to talking about that.

Late to the game here but finally started and finished this series over last couple days.  Brilliant and more nostalgic than anything that’s ever been made.  The size of Michael Jordan as a global entity is even more impressive now than it was living through it.  

I hope there is something like this going on behind the scenes with Tom Brady, the only other athlete I can think of that comes close to MJs utter sports dominance.  

Users who are viewing this thread