What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official** Thor: Ragnarok movie thread (3 Viewers)

I thought it was ok but I certainly did not like it as much as some in here. I thought they tried to hard to be funny. Most of the joke set ups were super obvious. I am also REALLY bothered that they showed the scene when Thor first sees Hulk was in the coming attractions. That scene would have been awesome if we hadn't seen it prior to the movie. In my opinion they really ruined that.

I can get behind this, but the melting stick probably wouldn't work as Bruce would get rather pissed if the stick got near him. 

I'm sticking with "he was always angry" answer. 

I do like that hulk left Earth on his own accord. In the comics he was sent off, tricked by the Illuminati (Tony, Prof X, Namor, Reed Richards and black bolt) after he destroyed Las Vegas. 

If you enjoy comics, planet hulk is worth reading. 
Did he, though?  We know that he left Sokovia of his own accord, but we don't know where he went.  At the end of Avengers 2, Fury says they thought they detected the wreckage of the Quinjet in the ocean, but couldn't be sure.  With this movie, we know that it wasn't.  The Grandmaster said that Valkyrie brought Hulk to him.  It could be that she found him flying away on the Quinjet on Earth, faked a wreckage to throw people off, and then brought him to Sakaar.

I don't know that they've ever established the Quinjet has interstellar capability - or even interplanetary, for that matter.

Did he, though?  We know that he left Sokovia of his own accord, but we don't know where he went.  At the end of Avengers 2, Fury says they thought they detected the wreckage of the Quinjet in the ocean, but couldn't be sure.  With this movie, we know that it wasn't.  The Grandmaster said that Valkyrie brought Hulk to him.  It could be that she found him flying away on the Quinjet on Earth, faked a wreckage to throw people off, and then brought him to Sakaar.

I don't know that they've ever established the Quinjet has interstellar capability - or even interplanetary, for that matter.
Wasn't Thor and Bruce going to fly the quinjet through the ######? Before hulk smash that is.

Wasn't Thor and Bruce going to fly the quinjet through the ######? Before hulk smash that is.
Thor was planning on it, he hadn't talked to Bruce yet.  All the portals were in the atmosphere, though, so it wouldn't have required flying through space to do it.

Judging by the fact that Valkyrie later said that even her ship couldn't go through the one Thor wanted to go through, the Quinjet wouldn't have survived either.

Thor was planning on it, he hadn't talked to Bruce yet.  All the portals were in the atmosphere, though, so it wouldn't have required flying through space to do it.

Judging by the fact that Valkyrie later said that even her ship couldn't go through the one Thor wanted to go through, the Quinjet wouldn't have survived either.
Gotcha. 

Still better than the Illuminati sending hulk off the planet imo.

It was ok, definitely middle tier in the Marvel movies.

It tried waaay to hard to be a comedy, it was almost jarring.  While it would have fit Iron Man or Spiderman, it definitely did not fit Thor's established character.  I think it would have worked better if they had Thor play the straight man a little more.

We loved it. Somehow my wife has become a huge fan of these movies after telling me they were dumb years ago. Now she looks forward to them coming out. :D

Users who are viewing this thread