What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Thread for Evaluating MC Gas Money's IQ*** (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
MC Gas Money has claimed an IQ of 176. He has agreed to have a IQ test administered by an independent psychologist who will also report the results back to us. I am collecting a pot which will first pay for the test and then be used to bet that MCGM's IQ will be 160 or below. The standard deviation of IQ tests is around 16 so 160 represents one SD below his childhood score of 176.

Contributors (so far) to the pot:

chet $100

John Bender $100

An IQ of 176 is high enough to gain entry to the Mega Society or an IQ at the 1 in 1,000,000 level.

160 is about 1 in 30,000.

Post in this thread if you want to be included.

He doesn't have a lot of money, wouldn't bank on collecting.

There are some smart people on this site, but 176 is ridiculously high. I'd easily bet against it... if I thought there was a chance in hell I'd be able to collect.

If he's willing to front the amount he'd pay out if he loses to some sort of 3rd party, I'd be in I guess.

I am in the 145-150 range and have no idea how, just a very good problem solver. Gonna have to pass on this one as I think it is impossible to tell his IQ from posts and he knows what it is.

There are some smart people on this site, but 176 is ridiculously high. I'd easily bet against it... if I thought there was a chance in hell I'd be able to collect.

If he's willing to front the amount he'd pay out if he loses to some sort of 3rd party, I'd be in I guess.
We will have someone trustworthy hold the cash. He will need to post it upfront.

We will have someone trustworthy hold the cash. He will need to post it upfront.
Which test is he taking and how is that being monitored. Measuring IQ above 160 is kinda a grey area also.

I'm leaning towards in if we have a reliable 3rd party monitoring things and holding the money.

umm, i hate to pee in your lemminade, but....

doesn't betting on some random internet person's iq possibly indicate you have at least one in a long list of potentially serious problems?

(HULK) said:
chet said:
(HULK) said:

Which test is he taking and how is that being monitored. Measuring IQ above 160 is kinda a grey area also.

I'm leaning towards in if we have a reliable 3rd party monitoring things and holding the money.
Haven't decided but a cursory search shows that Stanford Binet is good to 160 which is really all we need, right?

umm, i hate to pee in your lemminade, but....

doesn't betting on some random internet person's iq possibly indicate you have at least one in a long list of potentially serious problems?
I've bet much more on more frivolous things. I dunno--sounds fun.

(HULK) said:
chet said:
(HULK) said:

Which test is he taking and how is that being monitored. Measuring IQ above 160 is kinda a grey area also.I'm leaning towards in if we have a reliable 3rd party monitoring things and holding the money.
Haven't decided but a cursory search shows that Stanford Binet is good to 160 which is really all we need, right?
If it doesnt go as high as the one I was given as a child then we would have to adjust the range for the odds wouldnt we?

If 160 is the max for the binet and another goes up to 200 we should adjust the gamble accordingly or go with a test that scores higher.

Im open to any suggestions

(HULK) said:
chet said:
(HULK) said:

Which test is he taking and how is that being monitored. Measuring IQ above 160 is kinda a grey area also.I'm leaning towards in if we have a reliable 3rd party monitoring things and holding the money.
If it doesnt go as high as the one I was given as a child then we would have to adjust the range for the odds wouldnt we?

If 160 is the max for the binet and another goes up to 200 we should adjust the gamble accordingly or go with a test that scores higher.

Pretty sure it goes above 160 but may not be accurate at that level. If all you need to do is hit 160, then the SB test should be fine but we can check with the psychologist if it gets that far.

(HULK) said:
chet said:
(HULK) said:

If it doesnt go as high as the one I was given as a child then we would have to adjust the range for the odds wouldnt we?If 160 is the max for the binet and another goes up to 200 we should adjust the gamble accordingly or go with a test that scores higher.

Pretty sure it goes above 160 but may not be accurate at that level. If all you need to do is hit 160, then the SB test should be fine but we can check with the psychologist if it gets that far.
Its a different scale though.

If 160 is the max on that test it isnt the same as 176 on a scale of 200

I'm firmly in the Don't Give a #### camp as long as he never posts again.
This is your oppurtunity. If we can come to a fair agreement ill take the challenge and give away the keys to this account and go away.

Im going to bed. I have work in the morning so I will check out the stipulations tomorrow night becausebi dont post during work hours

(HULK) said:

I am here. He doesn't come close to either high mark but he won't pay.

(HULK) said:
chet said:
(HULK) said:

If it doesnt go as high as the one I was given as a child then we would have to adjust the range for the odds wouldnt we?If 160 is the max for the binet and another goes up to 200 we should adjust the gamble accordingly or go with a test that scores higher.

Its a different scale though.If 160 is the max on that test it isnt the same as 176 on a scale of 200
Yeah, that isn't at all how this works. The IQ is a formula for converting the z score. An of 160 is an IQ of 160 whether it was the SB or the Woodcock Johnson or the Wechsler. Also, I'm pretty sure the SB does go past 160. Some of these tests require additional testing materials to get really high end scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
(HULK) said:
chet said:
(HULK) said:

Its a different scale though.If 160 is the max on that test it isnt the same as 176 on a scale of 200
Yeah, that isn't at all how this works. The IQ is a formula for converting the z score. An of 160 is an IQ of 160 whether it was the SB or the Woodcock Johnson or the Wechsler. Also, I'm pretty sure the SB does go past 160. Some of these tests require additional testing materials to get really high end scores.
I was given a full weeks worth of tests. Was not even sent to classes because they wanted to see how truly smart I was.

I would like to take the full round of testing to get the most accurate score

(HULK) said:
chet said:
(HULK) said:

Yeah, that isn't at all how this works. The IQ is a formula for converting the z score.An of 160 is an IQ of 160 whether it was the SB or the Woodcock Johnson or the Wechsler. Also, I'm pretty sure the SB does go past 160. Some of these tests require additional testing materials to get really high end scores.
I was given a full weeks worth of tests. Was not even sent to classes because they wanted to see how truly smart I was.

I would like to take the full round of testing to get the most accurate score
HFS :lmao:

In for $100. I don't care if he doesn't pay the bet. I'll put up the $ just to prove he isn't above 160. I'm kind of smart and tested 136 in college. No way is he 160.

(HULK) said:
chet said:
(HULK) said:

Yeah, that isn't at all how this works. The IQ is a formula for converting the z score.An of 160 is an IQ of 160 whether it was the SB or the Woodcock Johnson or the Wechsler. Also, I'm pretty sure the SB does go past 160. Some of these tests require additional testing materials to get really high end scores.
I was given a full weeks worth of tests. Was not even sent to classes because they wanted to see how truly smart I was.I would like to take the full round of testing to get the most accurate score
HFS :lmao:
Why is thid funny

I think he is implying that those were probably special education tests, sorry man. :(
Absolutely. It wouldn't have taken a week to do the IQ tests. Unless they were testing for autism/emotional impairment and performed a battery of tests. I suppose LD is possible as well, in theory.

Is MCGM the guy who was moving in with his gf and her family who cooked ####ty food, getting a job driving a truck, had an ex who got gang banged, and spamming the board last year with crazy threads? I think I'm confusing him with another poster. (I have enjoyed most of his 2015 contributions, very entertaining)

Sometimes I feel like MCMGM, Em, and Popsecret must be alias accounts and the keys get passed around with the beer/T-shirt/**** pill trades that go on around here.

Users who are viewing this thread