What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL**** TOP CHEF THREAD (2 Viewers)

#CaptBuzzkill

Edit: I still say she partakes.
It's possible. My wife is (non-practicing) Mormon and smokes enough weed to knock Seth Rogen out of the box, but she's an exception to the rule. I lived in Utah for 2 years and by and large, Mormons are super nice people by not the best hangs for a guy like me. Kitchen culture surely changed her somewhat though, so she may be wild, hang on to the fantasy. 

Carrie is a legit badass, her last dish notwithstanding  (even though the only negative thing said about it was that it wasn't cohesive...they all said it was delicious).

She loses her protein and still wins the challenge? With a toast? AGAIN?! First with "fancy toast", and now this...this chick is money. Unflappable. Im rooting for her the rest of the way. Super down to earth and no ego (which may have hurt her a bit...I think had she went with the Wellington she would have nailed it and got another win).

Plus she had aspirations of being a competitive skier, so she's athletic...not exactly hot but attractive in a strange way...I bet she's fun to hang with. And 420 friendly no doubt.
So you're saying she's a woman you find oddly attractive?

We should make a thread on that.

Excellent episode last night, unlike Survivor I really enjoyed the family reunion. Adrian and Joe S really hitting their stride at the right time, never would have picked them for top 3 a month ago. Another case of everyone making great food just the little things separating them. 

Very rewarding Finale. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really liked this group of chefs, the mutual respect and developing friendships were a breath of fresh air. My interest in this show ebbs and flows quite a bit, it has been on for a really long time after all, this season got my interest back up. 

Agree on liking this year's crew.  It was probably a top three or four season for me.

I was hoping Adrienne would win but no problem with Joe winning.  I really loved seeing the interaction with the ones who were chosen as sous chefs for the finals.  Very rewarding season.

On a different note... if the trend of Padma's clothing continues, she'll be topless in another season or two.

No one watching the new season?  Maybe it’s the Kentucky thing keeping people away. As someone who grew up in the Louisville area, I’ll try not to take it personally.

i just watched the first episode, and, while I wasn’t as impressed with the resumes as I usually am, the people there seemed to make some great food.  The guy from Miami seems like someone to watch.

My brother and SIL still live in Louisville and went to the taping of an episode at Rupp Arena in Lexington.  They got to taste the dishes and said the food was outstanding, but the taping took forever because they kept having to do it over due to Padma being so drunk.   :)  

No one watching the new season?  Maybe it’s the Kentucky thing keeping people away. As someone who grew up in the Louisville area, I’ll try not to take it personally.

i just watched the first episode, and, while I wasn’t as impressed with the resumes as I usually am, the people there seemed to make some great food.  The guy from Miami seems like someone to watch.

My brother and SIL still live in Louisville and went to the taping of an episode at Rupp Arena in Lexington.  They got to taste the dishes and said the food was outstanding, but the taping took forever because they kept having to do it over due to Padma being so drunk.   :)  
Mmmmmmm! Drunk Padma.

Have seen the premier, but only a little into episode 2.  I have not been paying as much attention to details as I typically do.  Not as interested as usual.

... go on.

I've got it recorded but haven't started watching them yet.  Will binge through at some point.

Actually, in this episode, it seemed more fairly handled than usual. The judges seemed to accept the spending issue, and judged around it. Yeah, Eric wanted more blood orange for his marmalade, but, the judges thought the dish was great anyway. Justin wanted more ingredients for his dish, but, the judges thought it was good enough to win if the rest of the team executed.

Underbaked pastry, under-salted food, biscuits that were raw... that's not something that spending more in Whole Foods would have saved. 
:goodposting: She didn’t lose just because she didn’t have enough lemons.

:goodposting: She didn’t lose just because she didn’t have enough lemons.
Agree, I was pulling for her, her story was one they had vetted a bit. Left the kitchen for a bit for family reasons and was coming back. I guess when you get to know someone really early on it could be a sign of elimination. 

Agree, I was pulling for her, her story was one they had vetted a bit. Left the kitchen for a bit for family reasons and was coming back. I guess when you get to know someone really early on it could be a sign of elimination. 
Yeah, I liked her, too.  I could see her making a run in Last Chance Kitchen (which she might very well have already been eliminated from - haven't watched).

Anyone else think that Eddie could be hired by a sitcom to just go out and be himself, and he'd be their lower key version of a Woody or Dauber type character?

And that he probably wouldn't realize it was a TV show until some point in the third season.

3-Way Restaurant Wars!

Was kind of meh, sorry to see Nini go, even though it looked like she deserved it. Hope she makes it back via last chance. The other guy wasn't standing out :shrug:  

Epic Problem said:
Fatima has passed away and #### cancer 
I teared up when I read about her last week. I'm just catching up with season 15, so this hurts more than the passing of some big name celebrity. 😥

I could have sworn we discussed the All-Star season plus last season, but I guess it was in the endless Genrepalooza thread, right?  Anyway, I'm in for this one though I missed last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samaloo = 🤡
I don’t recall being so underwhelmed by a group of chefs before, even taking into account that it’s early.  The first two eliminated were clearly out of their element (apparently there’s food in ND of some undetermined sort?), and Sam seemed more of a pleasant and upbeat curiosity than a great chef.

I can’t name a single one of them yet, and that includes a guy who won both challenges in the same week yet I couldn’t tell you what he cooked for either winning dish.  Absolutely nothing and no one standing out.  I was beyond excited for the Asian food challenge that incorporated basically all my favorite stuff, but even that was a disappointment.  Hopefully it gets better.

It's always hard to get a read from the early episodes because the BMWs get more screen time than any single contestant. 

@ditkaburgers and I caught up with Last Chance Kitchen last night which gave the three eliminated chefs more attention.  None of the three (including the one who's still standing) were particularly impressive.

Still chuckling over last week's Asian Night Market where the Asian chefs (mostly) bombed out and the lily-white chefs who'd never even attempted Asian cooking all were up top.

And that the best performer in challenges so far is the chef who literally cannot taste anything :lmao:

He even picked a guy who was on the bottom of two consecutive challenges as his partner and he still killed it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jo: I'm from Texas, can't mess up brisket. I have to do this every day.

*finishes bottom 3*

Ashley: I'm from the south, I know this cuisine, I can make a dish that highlights all my hometown flavors and crush this. Kitchen Pepper for the win!

*goes home*

Jackson: I literally cannot taste. I've never barbecued in my life. And I'm going to commit the one offense there is to this cuisine by taking their hero protein and grinding it up like a McDonald's hamburger.

*finishes top 3 again*

Jo: I'm from Texas, can't mess up brisket. I have to do this every day.

*finishes bottom 3*

Ashley: I'm from the south, I know this cuisine, I can make a dish that highlights all my hometown flavors and crush this. Kitchen Pepper for the win!

*goes home*

Jackson: I literally cannot taste. I've never barbecued in my life. And I'm going to commit the one offense there is to this cuisine by taking their hero protein and grinding it up like a McDonald's hamburger.

*finishes top 3 again*

:lol:   He really is impressive.  Finally starting to see who are the stars here and who are the chaff.

I haven't watched this week's yet, but I continue not to connect with this group.  Everyone seems nice, and they are very good chefs, but I just can't get excited about anyone, unlike last year when every week I wanted to eat everything the top three made.  We're down to six, and Ashley and Jae are really underwhelming, and the others...?  I guess Buddha stands out a bit. 

I haven't watched this week's yet, but I continue not to connect with this group.  Everyone seems nice, and they are very good chefs, but I just can't get excited about anyone, unlike last year when every week I wanted to eat everything the top three made.  We're down to six, and Ashley and Jae are really underwhelming, and the others...?  I guess Buddha stands out a bit. 
Buddha, Demarr, the baker🤣 and Sarah seem legit. 

did you get my text?  😂🤷‍♂️😎

Users who are viewing this thread