What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official Westworld Thread ***** (1 Viewer)

Not yet.  But I think you're correct.

I have thought that pic... its weird, looks like there should be 3 people instead of two the way the shot is framed.  My thought is that Bernardbot couldn't recognize Arnold in the picture and we were shown it from his perspective.
Did Bernard notice that?  He did think the man was Arnold,  right? 

I read the actor that Kissy died. Went and looked, he died two years ago. I knew production on this was long, but I didn't know it was filmed that long ago. 

More evidence that Bernard is a bot?

Theory is that Ford froze his "famlily" and Bernard as Ford's dad was getting ready to attack Bernard.  Then got to the house to explain to Bernard.

http://imgur.com/gallery/0MJUS
huh. could be.

I get into continuity stuff... but not that into it. I'm ok with Ford "appearing out of nowhere" regardless of a detailed analysis of the set (to a degree)... if it helps tell the story.

Anyone mention yet that Fords replica bot of his dad is the same guy in the pic he showed Bernard a few weeks ago, that Ford framed as a pic of him and Arnold?
interesting... is that a guess- or did you compare screen stills? 

Great episode; can't for the life of me figure out why programmer chick would go alone to a deserted part of the park where something bad might be going on just a few days after a rouge bot almost killed her though.

I really hope the payoff is good because it feels like it is building to something awesome.
I think it goes towards showing just how much control they think they have over the hosts, which they view as essentially toys. 

but given the head-basher attacking security guy (who I think is a bot too) and then climbing out without answering her commands... you'd think she'd be at least a little careful- especially before heading into an x-files/scooby-doo set at night.

I don't know if it's support for the theory per se, but one other thing I've noticed is that every time Bernard is asking too many questions, Ford mentions Bernard's son and Bernard just drops it.  Almost like a voice command.  I also thought Ford appearing out of nowhere was odd, but I didn'thave a theory about it. 

I do think all the "Bernard's been here forever" dialogue seems a bit foreshadowy. 

I don't know if it's support for the theory per se, but one other thing I've noticed is that every time Bernard is asking too many questions, Ford mentions Bernard's son and Bernard just drops it.  Almost like a voice command.  I also thought Ford appearing out of nowhere was odd, but I didn'thave a theory about it. 

I do think all the "Bernard's been here forever" dialogue seems a bit foreshadowy. 
only pause I've been given on bernard was his video chat with the wife. could've been a memory or straight video recall, and not an actual chat... but outside of that, all roads lead to bot, IMO.

Real Bernard might be Arnold or imprisoned.

Bot Bernard was put in his place and know one knows

Clearly after BernArnold "tucks Teresa in," he jumps on her computer and start fiddling with the navsat's of the older bots.

Yep, been arguing against two different timelines.  But, too much evidence to ignore it anymore.

There are plenty of videos like [possible spoiler alert] this one that summarize a lot of it.

I'd like to welcome everyone to the two timelines theory.  Now that we all agree, we can speculate on:

-Teddy is actually modeled on William who is the MiB

-Bernard is a bot

Personally, not sure on either of those.

I'd like to welcome everyone to the two timelines theory.  Now that we all agree, we can speculate on:

-Bernard is a bot

btw- loved seeing teddy go into evil/knievel land. the memory that he's not as good as we/he thought (gunning down his comrades) and then immediately opening up with the gatling gun on the remaining soldiers... and then seeing MIB's face. amazing.

What if it's not Arnold, but R. - N.O.L.D.?  Not sure what it would stand for, but then Bernard Lowe would be an anagram for Beware R-NOLD.  Which is interesting.

That hasn't seemed to affect some of the other gen ones.
Well, I'm not really sure what I mean by "start over", that's why it's in quotes, I'm just speculating.  If the maze is a game of sorts, what if she failed at something and that sets her back?  

-Bernard is a bot

More sure of the second than the first. 

Her with William and she says "I chose a story where I'm not the damsel"  is the most recent one iirc
That's not the past.  That's occuring alongside Teddy - and his new backstory - traveling with Ed Harris.  A lot of disruption to the story lines due to Ford's tinkering.  Teddy not there to 'rescue' Delores leads to Delores heading off on adventure with William.  One timeline here folks.

That's not the past.  That's occuring alongside Teddy - and his new backstory - traveling with Ed Harris.  A lot of disruption to the story lines due to Ford's tinkering.  Teddy not there to 'rescue' Delores leads to Delores heading off on adventure with William.  One timeline here folks.
its one timeline, being shown asynchronously 

There is no chance William and Logan are in the park at the same time as current day MIB.  The change in madams at the brothel when William and Logan show up, and the change in Logos which have now shown up in multiple places - specifically places depicting the past - the old computer Bernard uses - show they are not in the same time frame as MIB/modern day.

its one timeline, being shown asynchronously 

There is no chance William and Logan are in the park at the same time as current day MIB.  The change in madams at the brothel when William and Logan show up, and the change in Logos which have now shown up in multiple places - specifically places depicting the past - the old computer Bernard uses - show they are not in the same time frame as MIB/modern day.
This season took several years to film.  I think any difference in logos is continuity vs. intention. 

But hey, that's just me.

This season took several years to film.  I think any difference in logos is continuity vs. intention. 

But hey, that's just me.
The new vs. old logo stuff shows up in episodes before and after the break in shooting.  Leaving that aside, the show hasn't just foreshadowed this with little easter eggs.  It would be deeply strange indeed for a show to spend 6 hours where characters are constantly referencing stuff that happened 30 + years ago for no reason.  It's kind of a rule of screenwriting that there are no extraneous details.  Well this show is either bursting with extraneous details about stuff that happened 30+ years ago, or it's been showing us it the whole time.  We'll know for sure within a few weeks I'm sure. 

But hey, that's just me.
I read that originally HBO stepped in because Westworld crew was filming in order, episode 1, episode 2, and on and on without filming like scenes. So if the old logo shows up in episode 6 with episodes in between without it, I believe it's intentional. 

Its also a $100M show to film. Something tells me they could throw a few bucks at cgi to fix this error if it wasn't intentional. 

I was not onboard the two timelines theory but I don't see how it could be anything else after this episode.  If the old logo placed in an over-obvious spot on an over-obviously old computer wasn't enough than Spin's catch about the whores when William/Logan arrived was.

I'm glad this episode got things moving.  I was starting to lose interest with the constant wheel-spinning.  Mysterious scene after mysterious scene with nothing really moving forward.  Glad things are picking up now.

I've been sort of skimming the first 3 episodes.  It's good, but losing interest. 

I don't like how they have basically telegraphed already how things will go, it just seems like a more expensive version of Walking Dead with robots as the zombies and occasional nudity/sex.

Is there a way these robots could get "out" into whatever real world there is?  I guess I'm looking for some reason to stay with this show but struggling to find one.

I've been sort of skimming the first 3 episodes.  It's good, but losing interest. 

I don't like how they have basically telegraphed already how things will go, it just seems like a more expensive version of Walking Dead with robots as the zombies and occasional nudity/sex.

Is there a way these robots could get "out" into whatever real world there is?  I guess I'm looking for some reason to stay with this show but struggling to find one.
if it doesn't have after three episodes- you should definitely bail.

Users who are viewing this thread