What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** White Sox 2012 Thread (4 Viewers)

This team is going to hang around long enough for us to suffer all year.

Last edited by a moderator:
This A's team always seems to pull out wins like this on the Sox. That was a rough loss! Arggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

4-2 is pretty awesome for the Sox out west when you really look at it (I know polishing a turd).

You guys really think Reed will get the nod before Thorton to close?

This offense is just brutal. Without PK this is a limp wristed lineup especially in a hitter's park like the Cell and as usual- playing in cool weather seems to make it worse.

What is there to do with Beckham??? So much hope for this kid...he looks completely lost at this point.

With the motor city kitties in a funk the Sox have a great opportunity to do some early damage. This team needs to keep putting a beating on the division.

Sale now the closer? I think that is a mistake. The guy wants to start. Sale WAS the White Sox's true left handed force with Danks struggling early on. I just don't get that move at all unless the team can replace his role with another stud. I guess Axelrod will start on Sunday but why tinker with this? If Sale implodes in the saver role it will be rough on the kid. Hope they are right. This team needs hitter in the lower end of the lineup not tinkering with the starting rotation:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120504&content_id=30377726&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Sale now the closer? I think that is a mistake. The guy wants to start. Sale WAS the White Sox's true left handed force with Danks struggling early on. I just don't get that move at all unless the team can replace his role with another stud. I guess Axelrod will start on Sunday but why tinker with this? If Sale implodes in the saver role it will be rough on the kid. Hope they are right. This team needs hitter in the lower end of the lineup not tinkering with the starting rotation:http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120504&content_id=30377726&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
He was great as starter. Let's hope the tender elbow won't cave on us. :unsure:

Sale now the closer? I think that is a mistake. The guy wants to start. Sale WAS the White Sox's true left handed force with Danks struggling early on. I just don't get that move at all unless the team can replace his role with another stud. I guess Axelrod will start on Sunday but why tinker with this? If Sale implodes in the saver role it will be rough on the kid. Hope they are right. This team needs hitter in the lower end of the lineup not tinkering with the starting rotation:http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120504&content_id=30377726&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
If it's a health issue and his arm's not cut out to go 6-7 innings every 5 days there's not much they can do about it.

Boy these guys have really gone down the ####ter. 4-9 since Santiago blew that extra inning save in Oakland they should have never lost. Not saying the seasons over, but if it is that sure was a turning point.

Jared Mitchell is on fire in AA at least.

With all the young pitching potential you would think that a trade to get a guy that can consistently hit would be imminent. It would really help this team to grab the last two games vs the Tribe and FINALLY get something going at home this weekend. I cannot recall seeing a Sox team with such weak hitting.

'Power Monster said:
With all the young pitching potential you would think that a trade to get a guy that can consistently hit would be imminent. It would really help this team to grab the last two games vs the Tribe and FINALLY get something going at home this weekend. I cannot recall seeing a Sox team with such weak hitting.
:goodposting: Beckham, Viciedo, Morel and the Cuban Missile all hitting under .220. :no: If Konerko, AJ or Dunn are having an off game, it's pretty much a guaranteed lose.

'Power Monster said:
imminent? How many trades do you normally see in May and June?

'Power Monster said:
imminent? How many trades do you normally see in May and June?
Hardly any but I would think that something would need to EVENTUALLY be done to replace half the losers in this starting lineup

And the extra point is good. 7-0 is sweet. Make it 8-0. Maybe a lineup with Beckham and Morel in it should be avoided.

Users who are viewing this thread