What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Official Who Gets Benched To Rest Thread ** (1 Viewer)

With all the talk about seattle seems to center on Alexander and Hasselbeck.  Any thoughts/rumors on whether they would also sit DJax to let Koren practice dropping the ball after his mid-season vacation?
Just a guess, but I'd have to think Robinson will play a lot even if the Seahawks have nothing to play for. They'll obviously need him in the playoffs and he needs the work. It'd be pretty stupid on Holmgren's part to rest him in my opinion.
My concern is about Darrell Jackson, not Koren Dropinson.
I would think if the Seahawks start sitting people Jackson is one of the top guys who will sit.
my guess would be hass too...he'll play enough to test his elbow and get back in sync, then sit ONLY if the rams lost to NYJ (which is likely and will result in SEA winning the west and earning a first round home game as the #4 seed)...dilfer looked bad last week but thanks to SA the seahawks pulled out a victory...on a plus side for dilfer; he seemed to be looking to only djax (but missed him terribly on a TD pass)...
Just guessing, but I would think the following happens if the Seahawks have nothing to play for:Hasselbeck sitsAlexander sits or plays very sparinglyJackson sits or plays very sparinglyRobinson plays a lotRice plays sparinglyWith Jackson likely to sit and Rice probably sitting as well, that could make Bobby Engram a nice sleeper pick if you were hurting at WR.
i think that if hass's elbow is fine, he'll play a little to test it out in game conditions and just get back into rhythm with his WR...then after a couple of good offensive series, we'll see hass, SA, djax and rice begin to sit one by one...

FWIW, (and it may not be much), I heard Chris Mortenson say on Mike and Mike this morning that he expects Dungy to play Manning as he normally would this weekend and only pull him if the Denver defense is successful at pressuring his young guards and knocking him down. Because of the past history of the Colts in the playoffs after pulling players and Dungy's own experience of pulling players when seeding is clinched, he's apparently reluctant to pull anyone he doesn't have to according to Mort. He also stressed that the rhythm aspect of the Colts offense was a big part of it, and that Manning's not a guy who gets sacked often as is.I'm sweating this decision too b/c of a week 17 super bowl.
Interesting. If true, this would make James, Harrison and Wayne more attractive this week as well obviously. As a Harrison owner I'd love to be able to start him this week and not worry about it - even if he's matched up against Bailey. Right now he's on my bench but this info has me starting to think otherwise.
What would Dungy have done if by some stretch of bad luck Indy got home field throughout the playoffs and had to have a bye week? Would he have called tampa to see if they would fly up and play them on their off week? This seems ridiculous to me to put you future on the field when you have nothing to gain and everything to lose if he gets hurt. They will not be rusty, out of sinc, confused,lost ,bewildered,slow,sloppy or moppy. What they would be is rested and prepared to play Denver next week at home. I think Dungy should blitz Plummer relentlessly all day Sunday. Drill him every oportunity he gets. Try 3 or 4 onside kicks, do what ever he can to disrupt Denvers normal game plans. He has nothing to lose.

The Rams only scored 20 points off the Philly's 3rd string defense. If the Jets win. Which I think they will they Seattle has nothing to play for. Am I correct?
Ya think Martz "the mad scientist" didn't hold back so he didn't tip his hat to the Jets? :crazy: The Jets will see the complete bag of tricks on Sunday, rest assured! :brush:

from rotoworld re: SDSan Diego ChargersIt sounds like Keenan McCardell will not push his injured hamstring. Look for him to rest another week. Since the Chargers do not have a bye, don’t expect LaDainian Tomlinson to get many carries. His body needs a rest. Jesse Chatman should carry the load. Don’t be surprised if Drew Brees plays well into the second half. San Diego does not want to go into the playoffs on a two-game losing streak and Brees isn’t the type to want to sit. Phillip Rivers could see some action in garbage time.

The Rams only scored 20 points off the Philly's 3rd string defense. If the Jets win. Which I think they will they Seattle has nothing to play for. Am I correct?
Ya think Martz "the mad scientist" didn't hold back so he didn't tip his hat to the Jets? :crazy: The Jets will see the complete bag of tricks on Sunday, rest assured! :brush:
Martz makes Herman Edwards (and just about every other coach) look like a genius. Let's hope Martz brings his bag of tricks.Bulger is going to get snapped in half this week.

FWIW, (and it may not be much), I heard Chris Mortenson say on Mike and Mike this morning that he expects Dungy to play Manning as he normally would this weekend and only pull him if the Denver defense is successful at pressuring his young guards and knocking him down. Because of the past history of the Colts in the playoffs after pulling players and Dungy's own experience of pulling players when seeding is clinched, he's apparently reluctant to pull anyone he doesn't have to according to Mort. He also stressed that the rhythm aspect of the Colts offense was a big part of it, and that Manning's not a guy who gets sacked often as is.I'm sweating this decision too b/c of a week 17 super bowl.
Interesting. If true, this would make James, Harrison and Wayne more attractive this week as well obviously. As a Harrison owner I'd love to be able to start him this week and not worry about it - even if he's matched up against Bailey. Right now he's on my bench but this info has me starting to think otherwise.
What would Dungy have done if by some stretch of bad luck Indy got home field throughout the playoffs and had to have a bye week? Would he have called tampa to see if they would fly up and play them on their off week? This seems ridiculous to me to put you future on the field when you have nothing to gain and everything to lose if he gets hurt. They will not be rusty, out of sinc, confused,lost ,bewildered,slow,sloppy or moppy. What they would be is rested and prepared to play Denver next week at home. I think Dungy should blitz Plummer relentlessly all day Sunday. Drill him every oportunity he gets. Try 3 or 4 onside kicks, do what ever he can to disrupt Denvers normal game plans. He has nothing to lose.
I think the argument is that there is a difference between having a week with no game, and having a week where you don't play to win. Having the game, but not playing to win can lead to sloppiness and complacency. Also, how many people actually get to rest. You can't rest your whole offensive line, since teams don't carry 10 guys at the position. If you rest some players, you could actually be wearing out some guys you need next week by making them play more than normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang! I have Alexander too. Do that many players get benched during week 17? I'm a first year subscriber, will FBG's Cheatsheets take into account possible benchings? I have a really hard time benching the guy who singlehandedly got me to the superbowl!

from rotoworld re: SDSan Diego ChargersDon’t be surprised if Drew Brees plays well into the second half. San Diego does not want to go into the playoffs on a two-game losing streak and Brees isn’t the type to want to sit. Phillip Rivers could see some action in garbage time.
Thanks :thumbup: Based on this info, the match-ups, and the fact my opponent is starting Gates, I'm starting Brees over Brooks for now. We'll have to see what other info surfaces...

Falcons | Duckett Practices; Unlikely to Play in Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comWed, 29 Dec 2004 17:04:00 -0800Atlanta Falcons RB T.J. Duckett (knee) practiced Wednesday, Dec. 29. While he is expected to play, he is not likely to.

Patriots | Brady Practices, Probable for Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comWed, 29 Dec 2004 16:51:12 -0800Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady (shoulder) practiced Wednesday, Dec. 29, and is probable for Week 17. Brady expects to start Sunday's game, Jan. 2.

Falcons | Duckett Practices; Unlikely to Play in Week 17 - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:04:00 -0800

Atlanta Falcons RB T.J. Duckett (knee) practiced Wednesday, Dec. 29. While he is expected to play, he is not likely to.
He is expected to play but is not likely to play? Isn't that a little contradictory? :confused: Judging from the title, though, it looks like KFFL thinks he'll sit. Does that make Dunn a good start in a TD league?

Looks like the Packers won't be playing much...Packers | Green Could Play Sparingly Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comWed, 29 Dec 2004 16:43:03 -0800Green Bay Packers RB Ahman Green could play the first quarter of Week 17 versus the Chicago Bears and then be benched as the team looks to rest its key players for the postseason. Head coach Mike Sherman has yet to decide on his playing time. Packers | Favre Could Play Sparingly Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comWed, 29 Dec 2004 16:42:57 -0800Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre could play the first quarter of Week 17 versus the Chicago Bears and then be benched as the team looks to rest its key players for the postseason. Head coach Mike Sherman has yet to decide on his playing time.Packers | Driver Could Play Sparingly Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comWed, 29 Dec 2004 16:45:05 -0800Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver could play the first quarter of Week 17 versus the Chicago Bears and then be benched as the team looks to rest its key players for the postseason. Head coach Mike Sherman has yet to decide on his playing time.

Patriots | Brady Practices, Probable for Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comWed, 29 Dec 2004 16:51:12 -0800Michael Parente, of the Woonsocket Call, reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady (shoulder) practiced Wednesday, Dec. 29, and is probable for Week 17. Brady expects to start Sunday's game, Jan. 2.
So he going to start...now to figure out how much he will playI hope it's a half

Looks like the Packers won't be playing much...Packers | Green Could Play Sparingly Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comWed, 29 Dec 2004 16:43:03 -0800Green Bay Packers RB Ahman Green could play the first quarter of Week 17 versus the Chicago Bears and then be benched as the team looks to rest its key players for the postseason. Head coach Mike Sherman has yet to decide on his playing time. Packers | Favre Could Play Sparingly Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comWed, 29 Dec 2004 16:42:57 -0800Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre could play the first quarter of Week 17 versus the Chicago Bears and then be benched as the team looks to rest its key players for the postseason. Head coach Mike Sherman has yet to decide on his playing time.Packers | Driver Could Play Sparingly Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comWed, 29 Dec 2004 16:45:05 -0800Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver could play the first quarter of Week 17 versus the Chicago Bears and then be benched as the team looks to rest its key players for the postseason. Head coach Mike Sherman has yet to decide on his playing time.
this really helps my decision to start brees over favre....thanks, keep the info coming :thumbup:

Again, this could be just coachspeak, but Dungy publically anyway is talking about playing his starters for a good chunk of Sunday's game.Colts | Dungy Plans on Playing Starters - from www.KFFL.comWed, 29 Dec 2004 18:54:35 -0800Phil Richards, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy plans on playing his starters for several series in Week 17. "We're going out there to win," said Dungy. "I would like to win No. 13. We'd like to go (into the playoffs) with a nine-game winning streak. There are a lot of things that we want to do in terms of keeping that momentum and continuing to be sharp."

You never know wether a coach is :bs: ing or not, but.....Colts | Dungy Plans on Playing Starters - from www.KFFL.comWed, 29 Dec 2004 18:54:35 -0800Phil Richards, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy plans on playing his starters for several series in Week 17. "We're going out there to win," said Dungy. "I would like to win No. 13. We'd like to go (into the playoffs) with a nine-game winning streak. There are a lot of things that we want to do in terms of keeping that momentum and continuing to be sharp."

coach Tony Dungy plans on playing his starters for several series in Week 17
what's the definition of several...where i grew up, several = few, which equals 3-4. according the dictionary:Consisting of a number more than two, but not very many

i know indy wants to win, but i seriously think playing denver at mile high will require their starters to play 4 quarters if they want to win...i don't see dungy doing that, but i see him making sure his starters are playing well and keeping their rhythm and sync together...i'd hate to rely on sorgi for my WR numbers...

Favre said Wednesday he wants to play the whole game and added (correctly) the Packers aren't good enough to just stroll into the playoffs and hope to flip the switch on and start beating people. Not sure Sherman will listen, but Favre's observation is right on the money.

For what it's worth, the backup QB (Nall) has a case with the flu. Not sure if that will influence the decision with Favre's playing time or not if Nall doesn't start feeling better. Sherman could always go with O'Sullivan instead.

Here's the story:

Sherman Not Tipping Hand

Nall will be taking most of the snaps in practice, however, because favre and sherman and a few others are in NC today for reggie white's funeral...

Fanball says this about SanDiego...Chargers: Starters may not playThe NewsChargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer is being exceptionally vague about his plans for the team's starters this Sunday against the Chiefs, but there remains a very strong chance that quarterback Drew Brees, running back LaDainian Tomlinson, and the rest of the team's first-stringers will be very limited. "I haven't made that decision [about Tomlinson sitting out]," Schottenheimer said. "But it is a possibility. I haven't made a decision on how much Drew will play, if at all." Our ViewEverything coming out of San Diego this week suggests that both backups quarterbacks, veteran Doug Flutie and rookie Philip Rivers, will see action on Sunday. Using Brees in fantasy play is definitely not recommended. Tomlinson is a tougher nut to crack, but it's important to keep in mind that the Chargers have exercised caution all season in regards to injuries, specifically with Tomlinson sitting out of almost every practice throughout the middle part of the season. All things considered, it would be wise to use an alternative who you know will see a full game. Anyone have any word out of Seattle about Alexander?

Fanball says this about SanDiego...Chargers: Starters may not playThe NewsChargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer is being exceptionally vague about his plans for the team's starters this Sunday against the Chiefs, but there remains a very strong chance that quarterback Drew Brees, running back LaDainian Tomlinson, and the rest of the team's first-stringers will be very limited.
Thanks for the info_Our championship is this week (trying to change that). My opponent has LT and I have Alexander. His option is J. Jones, mine are Barlow or T. Bell. Don't think I can bench Alexander since he MIGHT play a meaningful game (although I think the Jets will beat STL) and my options aren't good. Let's go RAMS!. However I'm thinking my opponent might (should?) bench LT in favor of J. Jones against the Giants.

Fanball says this about SanDiego...Chargers: Starters may not playThe NewsChargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer is being exceptionally vague about his plans for the team's starters this Sunday against the Chiefs, but there remains a very strong chance that quarterback Drew Brees, running back LaDainian Tomlinson, and the rest of the team's first-stringers will be very limited. "I haven't made that decision [about Tomlinson sitting out]," Schottenheimer said. "But it is a possibility. I haven't made a decision on how much Drew will play, if at all." Our ViewEverything coming out of San Diego this week suggests that both backups quarterbacks, veteran Doug Flutie and rookie Philip Rivers, will see action on Sunday. Using Brees in fantasy play is definitely not recommended. Tomlinson is a tougher nut to crack, but it's important to keep in mind that the Chargers have exercised caution all season in regards to injuries, specifically with Tomlinson sitting out of almost every practice throughout the middle part of the season. All things considered, it would be wise to use an alternative who you know will see a full game. Anyone have any word out of Seattle about Alexander?
My league is done so for me it doesn't matter, but if Marty doesn't play to win the Chargers are done. I can see perenial playoff teams like Philly and NE, and even Indy worry about resting their experienced vets, but this young Bolts team seemed to win on attitude and the playoffs are a new deal for most of them. Out of all the playoff teams, this one seems to need to go in with momentum the most.True, IF starters play and get hurt everybody will second guess it, but this is no time for Marty to get conservative IMO.

Schottenheimer said. "But it is a possibility. I haven't made a decision on how much Drew will play, if at all."
Thanks for the post! :thumbup: Brooks, you're back in! Marty, you had better rest Gates a LOT as well :boxing:

Tomlinson's status is great concern. I'm having a hard time believing he will get enough touches to warrant starting in a week 17 title game. And he's the #1 RB in the league. I'd start Chatman instead but there is always the chance that Tomlinson ends up playing more than expected. This is very troubling.

Tomlinson's status is great concern. I'm having a hard time believing he will get enough touches to warrant starting in a week 17 title game. And he's the #1 RB in the league. I'd start Chatman instead but there is always the chance that Tomlinson ends up playing more than expected. This is very troubling.
I think the more troubling aspect is that this is an outstanding matchup for the Chargers, so even if their top four fantasy guys (LT, Brees, Gates and Parker) only play a half can they do more in just one half of playing time than someone else could in a full game? Let's say the starters play one half, they could easily score 21 points with Brees throwing a pair of TDs and Tomlinson rushing for one. To me, that's where the quandry comes in if you have any of these guys. Can they give you enough production in limited time as opposed to what an inferior player (at least in terms of LT, Gates and maybe Brees) could provide in a full game? You'd obviously have to lower your yardage expectations, but in this matchup, it's very easy to see LT, Gates and Parker possibly scoring at least once and Brees possibly throwing 2-3 TD passes. This is the Chiefs after all.

Okay, so here's my quandry;Dillon; He says he's preparing for a normal workload, but Bellicheck is still talking about benching "some starters."FTaylor; listed as questionable, Del Rio says he'll start, but they'll know by 4 if they're playing for the playoffs or pride.Driver; injured but not on the report. Have heard that he'll play at least a quarter.And I've got to start two out of these three yahoos... :wall: Any updates on any of these???

ESPN.com news services Green Bay Packers: Though the Packers regular-season finale is essentially meaningless, Brett Favre will be starting on Sunday at Chicago."I would love to play the whole game," Favre told the Green Bay News-Chronicle on Wednesday. "That's what I'm here for -- to play. "I don't understand that you have to protect players. I've played a long time, and if I get hurt this week, I get hurt." Packers coach Mike Sherman reiterated his intentions to play Favre and other key starters, but wouldn't specify for how long."We're going to play 'em and see how it plays out during the ball game," Sherman told the paper. "It's important that we have some consistency going into the playoffs, some momentum going into the playoffs." The start would extend Favre's streak to 205 regular-season games, an NFL record for quarterbacks. Favre, along with nearly 50 Packers teammates, will miss practice Thursday to attend a private funeral for Reggie White. Favre has been asked to serve as a pallbearer for the star defensive end who died last Sunday."I don't think that's ever easy, just to be there, but to be asked [to be a pallbearer] -- as popular and as strong a man as he was and as many friends as he's made -- I consider it quite an honor," Favre told the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune.

This is more of a who *doesn't* get benched, but it looks like Peyton, Edge, & co. will at least see significant time, if not the whole game.Dungy to play startersSeems they want "momentum" and to keep their winning streak alive. (Hmmm....in denver. Maybe they want to practice on their cold-weather game management as well)
The FBG cheatsheets have the Colts ranked awfully low. Considering the history Dungy's had with byes before the playoffs that have been poblicized here I tend to believe him when he says he's going to play his starters the majority of the game...

Packers | Green Unlikely to Play Much in Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comThu, 30 Dec 2004 18:08:31 -0800Green Bay Packers RB Ahman Green will likely be limited to a quarter or less in Week 17 as the team looks to rest its key players prior to the playoffs. Packers | Favre Unlikely to Play Much in Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comThu, 30 Dec 2004 18:07:46 -0800Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre will likely be limited to a quarter or less in Week 17 as the team looks to rest its key players prior to the playoffs.Packers | Driver Unlikely to Play Much in Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comThu, 30 Dec 2004 18:12:24 -0800Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver will likely be limited to a quarter or less in Week 17 as the team looks to rest its key players prior to the playoffs.Falcons | Duckett Practiced, Questionable for Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comThu, 30 Dec 2004 15:56:45 -0800Atlanta Falcons RB T.J. Duckett (knee) practiced Thursday, Dec. 30, and is questionable for Week 17. Duckett is expected to play. Falcons | Crumpler Practiced, Questionable for Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comThu, 30 Dec 2004 15:55:59 -0800Atlanta Falcons TE Alge Crumpler (knee) practiced Thursday, Dec. 30, and is questionable for Week 17. Crumpler will be a game-time decision, according to Falcons head coach Jim Mora.

Thanks for all the great posts, wholefnshow :thumbup: Duckett being expected to play further supports starting Pittman over Dunn. I'm hoping Crumpler plays as he's my only TE and I can't pick up anyone else now.

Thanks for all the great posts, wholefnshow :thumbup: Duckett being expected to play further supports starting Pittman over Dunn. I'm hoping Crumpler plays as he's my only TE and I can't pick up anyone else now.
No problem. I love sitting here having a few :banned: and looking this stuff up for people to help them out.

one thing not mentioned in this thread is that S Alexander is in the chase to have this years rushing title. I really think we see him play at least the first half if the Jets win. Obviously he will play the entire game if St Louis wins.earlier this week I was a bit scared to start Alexander but as of now he will play for me. :excited: :shock:

LT May not play...RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.comThursday, December 30, 2004Update: Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer admitted that "it is a possibility" that Tomlinson will not play on Sunday versus the Chiefs, the San Diego Union Tribune reports. Recommendation: Earlier in the week the coach had indicated that he might play his key starters, but he has recently hedged himself saying that he has not yet decided if LT will see any playing time. He has repeatedly stated that he wants to win the ballgame despite the fact that it has no playoff implications, but recent comments indicate that he may want to rotate a lot of his reserves into the contest to give them some much needed experience and also to protect the bread and butter of his team.

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.comThursday, December 30, 2004NewsChargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer is being exceptionally vague about his plans for the team's starters this Sunday against the Chiefs, but there remains a very strong chance that quarterback Drew Brees, running back LaDainian Tomlinson, and the rest of the team's first-stringers will be very limited. "I haven't made that decision [about Tomlinson sitting out]," Schottenheimer said. "But it is a possibility. I haven't made a decision on how much Drew will play, if at all."ViewsEverything coming out of San Diego this week suggests that both backups quarterbacks, veteran Doug Flutie and rookie Philip Rivers, will see action on Sunday. Using Brees in fantasy play is definitely not recommended. Tomlinson is a tougher nut to crack, but it's important to keep in mind that the Chargers have exercised caution all season in regards to injuries, specifically with Tomlinson sitting out of almost every practice throughout the middle part of the season. All things considered, it would be wise to use an alternative who you know will see a full game

one thing not mentioned in this thread is that S Alexander is in the chase to have this years rushing title. I really think we see him play at least the first half if the Jets win. Obviously he will play the entire game if St Louis wins.earlier this week I was a bit scared to start Alexander but as of now he will play for me. :excited: :shock:
He already leads the league in rushing. I think Edge and Dillon are the closest guys to him and there is a good chance they will sit.

The FBG e-mail had a quote from Mora saying the Atlanta starters will play and only he will determine how long. He went on to say he wants the team to have momentum for the playoffs :paraphrasing:I'm still planning on starting Pittman over Dunn since Duckett could take away TDs again....

He already leads the league in rushing. I think Edge and Dillon are the closest guys to him and there is a good chance they will sit.
I posted this in the Alexander thread, but it may be helpful here too...Here are the rushing yards totals thru week 16 according to ESPN.com:Alexander 1616Martin 1544Dillon 1519Barber 1423If Martin gains 100 yards, that would mean that Alexander would only need 29 yards to get the title. He is 1 TD behind LT, though, so hopefully they'll try to get him into the end zone a couple of times. I own Martin, Alexander, and James (it's an 8-team league with only 24 RB on rosters--I'm only in 4th in total points), so I'm hopin' Martin has a big game while the Jets still lose to the Rams.

Chargers | Brees May be Held Out of Week 17 Game - from www.KFFL.comFri, 31 Dec 2004 14:52:12 -0800San Diego Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer plans to be very careful with his key players during Week 17. There is now a chance QB Drew Brees does not play at all during the game, leaving the starting spot to QB Doug Flutie, who would be relieved during the game by rookie QB Philip Rivers. Chargers | Tomlinson May Sit Out - from www.KFFL.comFri, 31 Dec 2004 14:51:53 -0800San Diego Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer plans to be very careful with his key players during Week 17, which may lead to Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson possibly not playing at all during the game. Chargers | Limited Action for Gates - from www.KFFL.comFri, 31 Dec 2004 14:51:34 -0800San Diego Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer plans to be very careful with his key players during Week 17, which is likely to lead to TE Antonio Gates seeing a series or two of action during the game. Steelers | Burress Misses Practice, Unlikely to Play - from www.KFFL.comFri, 31 Dec 2004 14:50:54 -0800Updating previous reports, Pittsburgh Steelers WR Plaxico Burress (hamstring) did not practice Friday, Dec. 31, and was downgraded to questionable. Burress is not expected to play during Week 17. WR Antwaan Randle El is expected to start in Burress' place for Sunday's game, Jan. 2.

Eagles | Reid Not Committing to Playing Starters - from www.KFFL.comFri, 31 Dec 2004 14:21:04 -0800Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid did not commit Friday, Dec. 31, to playing any of his key starters at all in Week 17.

Jaguars | Taylor Misses Practice, Downgraded to Doubtful Week 17 - from www.KFFL.comFri, 31 Dec 2004 10:52:32 -0800Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor (knee) missed practice Friday, Dec. 31, and has been downgraded to doubtful for Week 17. Taylor is expected to sit out Sunday's game, Jan. 2, due to a sprained MCL.

http://www.tflreport.com/content/flash04/f...update2773.html
Posted Friday December 31, 2004 @ 18:08 PTCorey Dillon told the Boston Herald that he is preparing to play 60 minutes Sunday. On a side note, he needs just 81 rushing yards to reach 1,600 for the season -- and trigger a $375,000 bonus.More realistically, Dillon is expected to have a short afternoon with rookie Cedric Cobbs to handle a bulk of the running duties along with Rabih Abdullah since Faulk and Pass are hurting.
I have a gut feeling that Dillon plays a decent chunk of time this weekend. With all of their emphasis on 'team', Belichick and the Patriots seem to try to keep their individual players happy. I'm thinking specifically about the week vs the Browns when Dillon got the thigh injury. He was originally pulled with 98 yards, since they had the game in hand. But he got in for one more play in the 2nd half, ran for 2 yards, and got his 100 yard game. Then sat the rest. Now, the risks in that situation (having to get only 2 yards with what seemed like a minimal injury) might not have been as big as this situation, but I think it says something about the mentality of the coaches.

It looks like Eric Moulds of all people has let the cat out of the bag as far as what the Colts' plans are for their starters. This is from RotoWire:Harrison told Buffalo wide receiver Eric Moulds he and the other Indy starters may not play long against Denver this weekend. "Marvin said that he and Peyton Manning may only play about a quarter," Moulds told The Buffalo News. "But I was trying to tell him to ask (head coach) Tony Dungy to let them play at least a half and let Peyton try to add to his touchdown record. Marvin said he would mention it to coach Dungy. Hopefully those guys will go out to Denver and play well." Moulds was trying to campaign for Harrison to play longer so the Colts could beat the Broncos and help Buffalo's playoff chances. It sounds like Harrison and the other starters on the Colts will not be playing in the second half this weekend since the game has no impact on their playoff position, so plan accordingly.

Harrison told Buffalo wide receiver Eric Moulds he and the other Indy starters may not play long against Denver this weekend.
:wall: I don't know how much faith I can put into this story. Should I start DJax, Houshmanzadeh, or David Patten instead of Harrison tomorrow? :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread