What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL 2019 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread (2 Viewers)

Receiver Josh Doctson isn't a lock to make the Redskins' roster; that doesn't mean he won't but it does mean the team has a decision to make. They have shopped him in the past and, given the young talent they have at receiver, that's expected to be an option again this week. But Doctson, entering his fourth season, still has fans in the organization so it could be if he's not traded, he'll remain. He won't play vs. Baltimore Thursday, but coach Jay Gruden said of Doctson's future here, "We’ll see what happens. I’m not saying anybody’s making it or not making it right now. We still have another game and evaluations to make.”

ESPN

Andrew Walker @AWalkerColts

"I feel back to my old self.” Speedy WR Parris Campbell could make his #Colts debut in Thursday night’s preseason finale against the Bengals.

Cecil Lammey @CecilLammey

An option as a return man we haven't talked about much is DaeSean Hamilton. No. 3 WR doesn't get a ton of work in this offense, and Hamilton has good hands. Could be an answer for #Broncos

Blake Allen Murf @blakemurphy7

#FantasyFootball

Noticing that:

1. KeeSean Johnson's ADP is still somehow lower than Andy Isabella's overall

2. Kyler's top targets on 3rd down this preseason...Fitz over middle, KeeSean outside.

Can't say KeeSean will beat out Kirk overall but wouldn't shock if he's a PPR beast

Jared Smola @SmolaDS

O.J. Howard was on the field for 55 of Jameis Winston's 58 snaps this preseason -- a 94.8% snap rate. That’s huge when you consider that he hasn't reached even an 80% snap rate in any of his 24 career regular-season games.

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson mentions Kenyan Drake and Kenny Stills as possible trade bait in a potential deal for unsigned Texans franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

Jackson has both Drake and Stills making the Dolphins' 53-man roster as it stands now, but that could change if Miami and Houston can come to terms on a Clowney deal. Miami has made it known its higher-priced veterans are available in the right deals, and both Drake and Stills fit that category. They also happen to play positions of need for the Texans with Houston losing Lamar Miller to a torn ACL and Keke Coutee (ankle) unlikely to be ready Week 1. Drake would form an interesting tandem with Duke Johnson. And Stills would give Deshaun Watson another reliable threat outside in what looks like a top-heavy receiver group.

RELATED: 

Kenny Stills

, Houston Texans

SOURCE: Miami Herald

Aug 27, 2019, 8:27 PM ET

Zach Berman @ZBerm

- Carson Wentz starts: over/under 14.5?

- Miles Sanders total yards: over/under 799.5?

- Sidney Jones playing time: over/under 60%?

- Fletcher Cox sacks: over/under 8.5?

- Snaps in 12 personnel: over/under 39%?

...Breaking down some (homemade) over/unders:

Zach Berman @ZBerm

The 12 personnel o/u will be interesting. Eagles were 6-3 last season when D. Goedert played at least 50% of offensive snaps, including 5-1 in the last six games when they emphasized it. They shouldn't take Z. Ertz off field, so should be more 12 personnel. Likely to rotate WRs.

Judging from today's practice, Carlos Hyde will play a lot and Darwin Thompson won't play at all in Thursday night's final preseason game against the Packers. The practice was mostly devoted to preparing the backups for the Green Bay game and Hyde got all of his work with QBs Kyle Shurmur and Chase Litton in practice. Thompson and Damien Williams played with the starters, who in this practice served as the scout team.

Adam Teicher, ESPN Staff Writer 21h ago

this is a good article. i think most observers are down on Kingsbury because of his NFL playing career. the Air Raid pedigree might be a gimmick in the NFL but he's got personnel to give it a try.
Does he? Last years big name rookie only got half the 1st team offensive snaps this preseason, they’re starting a UDFA on the outside, the opposite side is either Dameire Byrd (awful) or Crabtree (washed), Fitz is 36, the TE’s are Maxx Williams and Charles Clay... everyone wants this to work because more plays = more points. I don’t hate on the idea but the talent assembled that is starting reminds me of Steve Spurriers Washington Redskins except Murray and DJ are both infinitely better than Wuerfel and fat Clinton Portis.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tampa Bay Times’ Rick Stroud believes coach Bruce Arians will go with the hot hand between Peyton Barber and Ronald Jones in Week 1.

Barber is expected to start. We also expect Dare Ogunbowale to be involved, particularly on passing downs. All three backs carry low floors in an offense that hasn't demonstrated the ability to foster a fantasy-friendly rushing attack in quite some time. It wouldn't be shocking at all to see Tampa Bay sign an additional running back after final cuts.

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1166793154986

Aug 28, 2019, 3:31 PM ET

Last edited by a moderator:
The Houston Chronicle's Aaron Wilson reports the Texans and Jets are "actively looking" for running back help via the trade market.

For now, Duke Johnson looks like a three-down back in Houston following his acquisition by the Texans and subsequent torn ACL for Lamar Miller. The Texans have zero proven talent behind Johnson. Depending on the level of player the Texans acquire -- if they acquire anyone -- it could have an effect on Johnson's usage. The Jets, on the other hand, already look set with Le'Veon Bell and Ty Montgomery atop the depth chart, and they just cut Elijah McGuire Friday. They're likely just eyeing pure depth.

RELATED: 

New York Jets

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Aug 30, 2019, 8:06 PM ET

Actually, that sounds like the Jets and Houston might be in trade talks. Why else would the Houston reporter be breaking Jets news about RBs? Do it, NY. Do it. 

Closing the book on this thread as it has run its course for another season. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread to make it the top source for training camp and preseason news. I’d like to pay a special thank-you to @Penguin who gave me a run for my money in this thread this year.

Good luck to everyone in the Shark Pool on your 2019 fantasy football season(s).

~ Faust 

Good stuff Faust. You rock*.

I have a photo to post in this thread that you and many will like, (something I came across in Czechia) but can't do it until I get back in the USA Wednesday morning. 

Closing the book on this thread as it has run its course for another season. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread to make it the top source for training camp and preseason news. I’d like to pay a special thank-you to @Penguin who gave me a run for my money in this thread this year.

Good luck to everyone in the Shark Pool on your 2019 fantasy football season(s).

~ Faust 
Thank you again for another year of relentless source posting.

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread