What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL 2019 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread (1 Viewer)

Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock

Texans RB Fantasy Advice: IF Houston doesn't add another RB, Damarea Crockett is the guy to own behind Duke Johnson

This isn't a new message from me. I've said he'll be a player since he signed as an UDFA.

Size, patience, vision, instincts & enough speed for NFL workload.

Will Carroll @injuryexpert

Had an NFL scout tell me “two reasons Colts won’t draft Tua: first he’s lefty and second he will go way before they pick.” He thinks best fit for Colts is Jacob Eason.

KP @KP_Show

Asked Shanahan why Dante Pettis was still in the game late in the 4th:

He’s still trying to earn a role on this team

Darren Urban @Cardschatter

Isabella is right where he always was -- work in progress, and I'd think he'd only have a specialized role early in the season. Butler was probably behind Isabella when he got hurt. He's still raw.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

Patriots WR Josh Gordon removed from non-football injury list, now eligible to play in Sept. 8 season opener.

Evan Lazar @ezlazar

Here’s how I see the #Patriots WR depth chart. We have a video coming on it soon.

On the team: Edelman, Harry, Gordon, Dorsett, Meyers

On the bubble: Gunner, Berrios, Thomas

I see them keeping one of the “bubble” guys and I’d lean towards Thomas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evan Silva @evansilva

Dare Ogunbowale equally splitting 1st-team snaps with Peyton Barber & Ronald Jones in 3rd preseason game is a pretty good indication #Bucs are looking at Ogunbowale for significant early-season role. Best pass-catching RB on the roster right now, and TB is going to throw a ton.

Adam Levitan @adamlevitan

Dak Prescott has played 22 snaps over the last two weeks.

RBs: Tony Pollard 22 snaps

Ezekiel Elliott 0 (holdout)

Alf Morris 0

Jordan Chunn 0

Mike Weber 0

Darius Jackson 0

So a Philly beat writer speculates that the Colts might be interested in trading for a Philly back up QB who probably isn't any better than the top 2 guys they have now.....naturally. 

Now there's this...

Field Yates @FieldYates

Heard this on the broadcast as well, but I have been told there is nothing to this at this time.

Context Matters @dwainmcfarland

#Titans Preseason Game 3 Offensive Report

First game we have seen Corey Davis, Adam Humphries, and A.J. Brown all active.

Corey Davis is flanker (Z) and Tajae Sharpe is split end (X).

Humphries only working in 11 personnel.

A.J. Brown 1 snap w/ starters - will push Sharpe.

Chad Graff @ChadGraff

One note from Vikings walk-throughs today: It was just the team's projected starters and players unlikely to play in the fourth preseason game. Bisi Johnson was in that group. So if it wasn't clear before, expect Johnson to make the team's 53-man roster.

Giants fifth-round WR Darius Slayton suffered a setback with his hamstring injury on Monday.

Slayton had only recently returned after going down early in training camp. With Golden Tate suspended, the rookie could have had an early-season role, but that is not going to happen now. Slayton is a borderline dynasty league option.

SOURCE: Ryan Dunleavy on Twitter

Aug 26, 2019, 3:22 PM ET

Graham Barfield @GrahamBarfield

Ben Roethlisberger was on the field for 20 plays in #Steelers third preseason game. Snap counts were:

Moncrief - 19

McDonald - 19

Smith-Schuster - 18

Connor - 15

Switzer - 13

Rogers - 6

Samuels - 4

Washington - 2

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Seahawks promising WR David Moore, who has a hairline fracture in his humerus, received his second opinion and is not slated to be placed on Injured Reserve, sources say. Surprisingly positive news. He’ll miss the start of the season, but should be back sooner rather than later.

Adam Teicher @adamteicher

Damien Williams, Darwin Thompson and Darrel Williams were the backs who got first team snaps at Chiefs practice today. Carlos Hyde got none though he did work with the backups.

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoNBCS

#49ers TE George Kittle returned to practice today After missing the past two games with a calf injury.

Context Matters @dwainmcfarland

#Chargers Preseason Week 3 Offensive Report Out: QB P. Rivers, WR K. Allen, C M. Pouncey A. Ekeler out snapped J. Jackson 14 to 8 in three drives w/ starters. Both players third downs. Both split wide. This has been the trend all 3 games. AE headed for ~55-60% of the work.

Ian Hartitz @Ihartitz

Most preseason broken tackles (PFF)

Justice Hill (12 - early threat to Ingram touches?)

John Kelly (12 - part of RBBC if Gurley out?)

Mike Boone (9 - might split with Mattison if Cook hurt?)

Nick Brossette (8 - don't worry about him)

Dare Ogunbowale (8 - close to Barber/RoJo?)

NFL Update @MySportsUpdate

#Patriots center and captain David Andrews has been hospitalized with blood clots in his lungs, and his season is in jeopardy, per @jeffphowe. Awful.

Rumors that Jaelen Strong was cut, nothing official yet

Tony Strodtbeck @DawgPoundSailor

Confused as hell jalen strong is gone...

@JaelenStrong played his heart out and I think he was definitely the 4th best receiver on team .

Users who are viewing this thread