What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official Yacht Rock Headquarters** - It's time to feel good (1 Viewer)

Those guys being able to still sing like that after all these years is pretty incredible. Granted they didn't shred their vocal chords like Robert Plant did when they were young, but still.

I heard Same Auld Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg yesterday. Upthread someone was contemplating whether everything in this genre is basically trash. This isn't anywhere near my favorite song or anything, and it's maudlin schmaltz. It's a really well built song, the syrupy music and vocal melody contrasting with the depressing lyrics. Definitely not trash. There are a multitude of other songs in this genre that are similar.

I heard Same Auld Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg yesterday. Upthread someone was contemplating whether everything in this genre is basically trash. This isn't anywhere near my favorite song or anything, and it's maudlin schmaltz. It's a really well built song, the syrupy music and vocal melody contrasting with the depressing lyrics. Definitely not trash. There are a multitude of other songs in this genre that are similar.
I learned not too many years ago that the melody is based on Tchaikovsky’s “1812 Overture.“ Was a bit mind blown.

I learned not too many years ago that the melody is based on Tchaikovsky’s “1812 Overture.“ Was a bit mind blown.
Now that you write that, I totally hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread