What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OK FBG (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech

Footballguy
This year you gave me Kevin Jones. I know, I know...it's my team. But nobody pays me for my recommendations.Is Jones this year's Barlow?

This year you gave me Kevin Jones.

I know, I know...it's my team. But nobody pays me for my recommendations.

Is Jones this year's Barlow?
I don't know.Here's another one.

Who's this years chicken little?

I'm going with tech. :hophead:

FBG was actually lower on Kevin Jones than some other sites, so in reality they could say "I told you so"

The Kool-Aid Man visited an awful lot of people regarding that guy. Everytime I looked at a web site, magazine, cheatsheet, or talked to anyone, it was like "OH YEEEEAAAAH" and Kevin Jones would come crashing through the wall disguised as a big pitcher full of ice and purple liquid.

FBG was actually lower on Kevin Jones than some other sites, so in reality they could say "I told you so"
KJ was ranked top7 here. Where was he higher?
The last DD update that I have shows him as #10 in both PPR and non-PPR formats.
I drafted August 27th. At that time, DD had Kevin Jones at RB7 in 0 pt per reception league.

I drafted August 27th. At that time, DD had Kevin Jones at RB7 in 0 pt per reception league.
I believe that's based on a full years worth of production, not two games, but I may be wrong :)

The Kool-Aid Man visited an awful lot of people regarding that guy. Everytime I looked at a web site, magazine, cheatsheet, or talked to anyone, it was like "OH YEEEEAAAAH" and Kevin Jones would come crashing through the wall disguised as a big pitcher full of ice and purple liquid.
:lmao:

Kevin Jones owner here and I can say without hesitation that FBG had him ranked higher than most sites, mags, etc. Fact. I know the Guru had him around 4th but almost nobody else had him as high as FBG.

Kevin Jones owner here and I can say without hesitation that FBG had him ranked higher than most sites, mags, etc. Fact. I know the Guru had him around 4th but almost nobody else had him as high as FBG.
So it would be better for FBG to just take the average rankings of all mags and use that as their rankings?Gotta take a stand somewhere. There's still a lot of football left. At this time last year Droughns wasn't even on most rosters.

Draftsharks had him at #5, right behind my friend Clinton P. Guys, it's early. Game One was so-so. Game Two, abysmal. He was lousy early last season as well, and this is the meaty part of their schedule. He needs to get through the next month and the dividends should come. The FF Play-off schedule is pretty sweet too.Bottom line: I'd let the season play itself out.

Draftsharks had him at #5, right behind my friend Clinton P. Guys, it's early. Game One was so-so. Game Two, abysmal. He was lousy early last season as well, and this is the meaty part of their schedule. He needs to get through the next month and the dividends should come. The FF Play-off schedule is pretty sweet too.

Bottom line: I'd let the season play itself out.
With Schlesenger (sp?) out and the next four weeks with a bye, TB, Baltimore and Carolina; the shark move would be to trade for him in the next few weeks.

Draftsharks had him at #5, right behind my friend Clinton P.  Guys, it's early.  Game One was so-so.  Game Two, abysmal.  He was lousy early last season as well, and this is the meaty part of their schedule.  He needs to get through the next month and the dividends should come.  The FF Play-off schedule is pretty sweet too.

Bottom line: I'd let the season play itself out.
With Schlesenger (sp?) out and the next four weeks with a bye, TB, Baltimore and Carolina; the shark move would be to trade for him in the next few weeks.
And if I may add, with Garcia potentially available at the same time. Who knows if that's an upgrade, but he can't be worse than yesterday.Maybe he is this year's Barlow, but perhaps he's just last year's Kevin Jones all over again.

I would love a kool-aid man smiley.

Here's a nice short list of everyone who has stunk so fa this year:Daunte CulpepperJamal LewisNate BurlesonKevin JonesCharles RogersJason WittenReggie WayneJake PlummerAndre Johnsonand more and more I'm sureIt's two games people. Plenty more to go.

Here's a nice short list of everyone who has stunk so fa this year:

Daunte Culpepper

Jamal Lewis

Nate Burleson

Kevin Jones

Charles Rogers

Jason Witten

Reggie Wayne

Jake Plummer

Andre Johnson

and more and more I'm sure

It's two games people. Plenty more to go.
Exactly---if this site could pick every stud, every week, Vegas would be out of business.Alot of us are hurting at one position or another. It is time to sack up and make that waiver wire pick to help your team.

I personally didn't fall for this KJ kool-aid..but again it's only week 2However, I fell last year for the Barlow kool-aidThis year:KJ & Tatum BellIn some magazines..they ranked Bell as high as #4 back

Take some accountability for the players YOU drafted. The chicken little mentality around here after only 120 player minutes is truly amazing. KJ will have a great year.

Take some accountability for the players YOU drafted. The chicken little mentality around here after only 120 player minutes is truly amazing. KJ will have a great year.
:link:
:yawn:
No! Stick your finger down your throat and cough those sleeping pills back up! No reason to get suicidal; we all make dead-wrong predictions once in a while.

2003: Quincy Morgan2004: Kevan Barlow2005: Kevin JonesWhatever, drinkin the $20 FBG kool ade is worth it IMHO

Make the smiley happen!"OH YEEEEAAAAH"

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin Jones = stud.don't overreact to 1 bad road game against a tough defense when the QB throws 5 INTs

No, Jamal Lewis is this year's Barlow.
I love Jamal Lewis. He's a mediocre RB who had a 2000 yard season. I love it when someone ignores every single other season he's ever played and grabs him top-10, because it just means more talent falling to me.

Aren't you the "no more Kool-Aid references" guy?Have a change of heart? Or could you not resist the chance to go all-out with the be-all-end-all Kool-Aid reference (which was very funny, by the way)?

The Kool-Aid Man visited an awful lot of people regarding that guy.  Everytime I looked at a web site, magazine, cheatsheet, or talked to anyone, it was like "OH YEEEEAAAAH" and Kevin Jones would come crashing through the wall disguised as a big pitcher full of ice and purple liquid.
Nice ideaI could see that one getting more play than the ":ptts:" smiley

The Kool-Aid Man visited an awful lot of people regarding that guy.  Everytime I looked at a web site, magazine, cheatsheet, or talked to anyone, it was like "OH YEEEEAAAAH" and Kevin Jones would come crashing through the wall disguised as a big pitcher full of ice and purple liquid.
:ptts:

The only league I took him in, he actually fell to me in the early third round in a 10 teamer. We drafted the day before the season opener after the Lions started looking like absolute trash in the preseason. Somehow I eeked out a win this week to get to 1-1. I never thought the combo of McGahee, McAllister and K. Jones would not be scoring me a decent amount of points (heavy TD scoring league.)I wouldn't over-react yet though, the season is very young. There are lots of other "consensus" top players that aren't scoring many points. Just look at the people calling Priest a bust already just because he is the #8 ranked RB so far.

Before you annoint Kevin Jones "Barlow", you'd better take a close look at Arrington, who was getting pimped pretty widely here during the offseason/preseason. I don't see where Jones can carry Arrington's jock as far as failure is concerned.

I was just wondering the same thing. :wall:

God I hate these posts.It's like someone who bought a book to teach them to play blackjack getting upset because the book says to double down on a pair of aces, and they lose both bets one particular time.

Are there really people out there who do not realize that no one at FBG or anywhere else has a crystal ball? That any set of predictions even in football are based on the likelihood one thinks it might happen? That it is expected there are going to be hits and misses?

FBGs is great about having plenty of information out there about explicitly saying why they put the prediction they do for a player. You have the ability to read it and decide for yourself whether they are right or wrong. If his situation was so obvious that he was going to produce the first 2 weeks like he has, you should have been smart enough to notice it for yourself, and so why would you care what their predictions were?

If you're going to start a post #####ing about a prediction, why don't you at least contribute something more than merely whining?

Before you annoint Kevin Jones "Barlow", you'd better take a close look at Arrington, who was getting pimped pretty widely here during the offseason/preseason.

I don't see where Jones can carry Arrington's jock as far as failure is concerned.
Barlow was ranked top8 here last year. Arrington wasnt even ranked remotley close to that this year. Not the best comparisionThis years best candidates are Jamal or KJones

and to a lesser extent Dom Davis or McGahee.

Kool Aid Smiley

Kevin Jones = stud.

don't overreact to 1 bad road game against a tough defense when the QB throws 5 INTs
How about overracting to a guy that runs behind a bad O Line and who was vastly overrated because of a good half season with a coach that likes to throw in the red zone.

Kevin Jones = stud.

don't overreact to 1 bad road game against a tough defense when the QB throws 5 INTs
How about overracting to a guy that runs behind a bad O Line and who was vastly overrated because of a good half season with a coach that likes to throw in the red zone.
we'll see what happens.Personally, I'm not going to panic. I've seen enough from KJ to believe he's the real deal, although his SOS is shaping up to be more difficult than I anticipated.

Prior to week 1, no site or mag (that I know of) was as high on Drew Bennet as FBG. He was ranked as WR9 and after week 1, they dropped him 7 spots to WR16.To me, that shows they have a lack of conviction in their beliefs and that they erred big time.

Prior to week 1, no site or mag (that I know of) was as high on Drew Bennet as FBG. He was ranked as WR9 and after week 1, they dropped him 7 spots to WR16.

To me, that shows they have a lack of conviction in their beliefs and that they erred big time.
:goodposting:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread