What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Old People Food - name a meal that if you saw a random person eating, odds overwhelmingly would favor them being > 65 years old (1 Viewer)

Just went to Olive Garden because my 8 y/o was begging from the commercial.  It was eighty degrees and they have free bread sticks and salad.  Blue heads EVERYWHERE!  My fettuccini as pretty awful fwiw.  Never again.

To answer the op questions, hot dogs.  Anytime you see hot dogs on a restaurant menu, where it is not a hot dog joint, or on the kids menu its for them.  They eat them like crazy.  Hot dogs with weird sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure. My grandparents (dead) and my father (92) and most old people from the south (that I know) have beans or greens with rice and cornbread on a regular basis
Most everyone in the South eats red beans and rice, no matter what their age.  That stuff goes with soul food, BBQ, and cajun/creole.  Yum!

I do something similar, but, given the origin of the recipe is Brazil it's black beans.

And I use a pressure cooker, 'cause I ain't got all day (well, actually it is an instant pot)
We get black beans and rice at Cuban and Caribbean restaurants.  So good.

What's a red bean?  :softball:
Musician named Jerome Ballero.  Really impressive guy.  Claims he had to choose between a studio backup gig and playing the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival one day, so he sent his buddy Malcolm Rebbenack to play the studio gig and make a few bucks, lending him his guitar. 

The recording was "Big Chief" by Professor Longhair.  Malcolm you may recognize as Dr. John.

Edit: "Claims" is important, here.  The strawberry festival started eight years after that recording.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread