What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warning - Novel Length - A Forum Manifesto (1 Viewer)

You attack this straw man with an intensity unknown to mankind jon_mx!!!!!  I mean really beat the crap out of it!!!  Show it who's boss!!!!

You should see by my approach towards you what I feel about personal attacks, but for whatever reason you want to create an alternate reality.  Just a few posts above this you were whining about people twisting your words, then I read this.....funny how that works.
My issue was making arguments personal.  I am not sure what you are talking about or why you are disagreeing then.  It is not about just me, it is about any posters who enter into one of the anti-Trump threads. 
I laid out my issues as clearly as I could in the previous posts.  You can either read them or not. :shrug:  

There is WAY more to this issue than you seem to be willing to acknowledge.  As I said before, good luck.  Hope it works out.

I laid out my issues as clearly as I could in the previous posts.  You can either read them or not. :shrug:  

There is WAY more to this issue than you seem to be willing to acknowledge.  As I said before, good luck.  Hope it works out.
You provide vague criticism with how I come across and needing to change.  That is clear as mud.  And as I pointed out, it is not about me.  It is anybody that enters an anti-Trump thread.  What I see the problem as is the level of hatred against Trump and how it extends to anyone who dares disagrees that Trump is in fact Satan/Hitler/fascist. 

You provide vague criticism with how I come across and needing to change.  That is clear as mud.  And as I pointed out, it is not about me.  It is anybody that enters an anti-Trump thread.  What I see the problem as is the level of hatred against Trump and how it extends to anyone who dares disagrees that Trump is in fact Satan/Hitler/fascist. 
That's not a problem at all. The problem is not only Trump supporters but Trump apologists.

ok....as I said, good luck to you

Have you tried anger management classes?
Absolutely.  The anti-Trump hatred is by far the most wide spread epidemic I have witnessed in modern politics.  Now Trump is an idiot and brings it on, but that hate leads to a lot of irrational over the top postings. 

That's not a problem at all. The problem is not only Trump supporters but Trump apologists.
:lmao:

You and many others problems is you label everyone a supporter/apologist that doesn't believe in the same propaganda you do.  You're the classic case of everyone that agrees with you is a good post and all others are trolls.  

jon_mx said:
While I agree with many of your points, I am not sure how you can not see the constant belittling and piling on done by the anti-Trump crowd.   I can not enter a political thread without being called a troll, my posts being twisted, and seeing blanket characterizations of how horrible trump supporters are.  And I don't even support him. 
I don`t support Trump either...but you can`t even wade into threads and try to talk about anything that might be "somewhat" positive because they are so hateful.  Plus you really do not need to keep up on any thread just pick the middle of one and it will be basically the same.

Sub forum was the best thing they ever did here.  No need to even see the threads anymore.

You and many others problems is you label everyone a supporter/apologist that doesn't believe in the same propaganda you do.  You're the classic case of everyone that agrees with you is a good post and all others are trolls.  
I think if you support Trump, it's fair to call you a Trump supporter.

Absolutely.  The anti-Trump hatred is by far the most wide spread epidemic I have witnessed in modern politics.  Now Trump is an idiot and brings it on, but that hate leads to a lot of irrational over the top postings. 
Exactly, which makes the hatred reasonable.

ScottNorwood said:
And if there are draft dominators I can only assume there are also draft submissives.  Guys who go in and draft all defenses and kickers in the early rounds.  And they LOVE it.
:lmao: :lmao:  

Just because there are reasons to hate Trump, does not make all the hatred reasonable.  Hatred tends to make people irrational. 
What does this mean jon_mx (especially in the context of "Trump is an idiot and brings it on himself"...which you seem to agree with)?  Example from here in the forum?  

Last edited by a moderator:
ScottNorwood said:
And if there are draft dominators I can only assume there are also draft submissives.  Guys who go in and draft all defenses and kickers in the early rounds.  And they LOVE it.

I don`t support Trump either...but you can`t even wade into threads and try to talk about anything that might be "somewhat" positive because they are so hateful.  Plus you really do not need to keep up on any thread just pick the middle of one and it will be basically the same.

Sub forum was the best thing they ever did here.  No need to even see the threads anymore.
The FFA is a much better place with the majority of the hatred and vitriol confined to a sub-forum closet.

Doesn't the FFA seem more awesome now?  Sharing movie reviews, home projects, favorite beers...all without the spectre of political nonsense looming within...

I love it.

The FFA is a much better place with the majority of the hatred and vitriol confined to a sub-forum closet.

Doesn't the FFA seem more awesome now?  Sharing movie reviews, home projects, favorite beers...all without the spectre of political nonsense looming within...

I love it.
Plus it you want to get fired up and hate it is still there with one click.

What does this mean jon_mx (especially in the context of "Trump is an idiot and brings it on himself"...which you seem to agree with)?  Example from here in the forum?  
It is rationale to hate Trump and what he is doing.  It is irrational when you call anyone who voted for Trump a Nazi. 

It is rationale to hate Trump and what he is doing.  It is irrational when you call anyone who voted for Trump a Nazi. 
So the above is what you meant when you said:

Just because there are reasons to hate Trump, does not make all the hatred reasonable.
Again...would have never gotten there in a million years based on the initial post.  Will you please show me where we have people calling anyone who voted for Trump a Nazi please?

I've seen the comments along the lines of "If you voted for Trump you are supporting his xenophobia, racism, sexism, etc"  I have not seen comments along the lines of "if you voted for Trump you are xenophobic, racist, sexist, etc" but that's probably more because posters who would say the latter are mostly ignored.  Again, there are many different kinds of people in the "Trump hater" category.

Again...would have never gotten there in a million years based on the initial post.  Will you please show me where we have people calling anyone who voted for Trump a Nazi please?

I've seen the comments along the lines of "If you voted for Trump you are supporting his xenophobia, racism, sexism, etc"  I have not seen comments along the lines of "if you voted for Trump you are xenophobic, racist, sexist, etc" but that's probably more because posters who would say the latter are mostly ignored.  Again, there are many different kinds of people in the "Trump hater" category.
Those posts get deleted.  I have flagged at least 5 all of which are gone now. 

I'm for stricter moderation.  I want the mods to have control over me.  Delete my posts, I've been a bad boy.  Ban me daddy.

Can you guys take this to the political forum?

TIA.

Those posts get deleted.  I have flagged at least 5 all of which are gone now. 
If I'm not mistaken you said "the anti-Trump crowd" is calling people who voted for Trump a Nazi, correct?  That's a huge group of people, but there isn't one you can link to?  I'm not saying you're lying.  I am sure there are some that have said this, but they are individuals and by using the broad brush of "anti-Trump crowd" (even though you claim it's not a broad brush) you put a target on yourself for doing what you don't want others to be doing and it's fair to question your characterization.  You are essentially projecting the actions of a few to an entire group.  The very thing you don't like being done.

If I'm not mistaken you said "the anti-Trump crowd" is calling people who voted for Trump a Nazi, correct?  That's a huge group of people, but there isn't one you can link to?  I'm not saying you're lying.  I am sure there are some that have said this, but they are individuals and by using the broad brush of "anti-Trump crowd" (even though you claim it's not a broad brush) you put a target on yourself for doing what you don't want others to be doing and it's fair to question your characterization.  You are essentially projecting the actions of a few to an entire group.  The very thing you don't like being done.
You are mistaken.  Someone asked for an example and I provided it as just that, an example of what I was referring to.

You are mistaken.  Someone asked for an example and I provided it as just that, an example of what I was referring to.
So "you" here isn't anti-Trump people?

It is irrational when you call anyone who voted for Trump a Nazi. 
Who is "you" here then?  The comments up to this one were in the context of anti-Trump people.

Who is "you" here then?  The comments up to this one were in the context of anti-Trump people.
You refers to a person who does that.  I was not trying to generalize, but you (meaning you specifically) seem hellbent on twisting it into something. 

You refers to a person who does that.  I was not trying to generalize, but you (meaning you specifically) seem hellbent on twisting it into something. 
It's because you come across as doing exactly what bothers you.

I don't think that's your intention.

It's because you come across as doing exactly what bothers you.

I don't think that's your intention.
I see that.  Except to get there, they have to combine posts from two different times, ignore the question which was asked in between and try to extrapolate that 'you' means something else by ignoring the context.   

I see that.  Except to get there, they have to combine posts from two different times, ignore the question which was asked in between and try to extrapolate what 'you' means something else by ignoring the context.   
I'd also add that The Mods are quicker to edit/delete moreso than in the past, that could also alter the context of some of your posts.

You've got issues. Take it to the cesspool, seriously.

I can see why your kids push each other after you tell them to stop if you talk in circles to them like you do to me, Jon, and others when you're trying to make a pointless point.

Yes...so hellbent, I have taken all this time to TRY and understand what you're saying as you jump from one "what i meant to say" statement to another instead of just reading your posts at face value and judging you on your typed words.  It's all me though :rolleyes:

You're giving a Tim a run for his money in this area, but I won't be deterred.  

Yes...so hellbent, I have taken all this time to TRY and understand what you're saying as you jump from one "what i meant to say" statement to another instead of just reading your posts at face value and judging you on your typed words.  It's all me though :rolleyes:

You're giving a Tim a run for his money in this area, but I won't be deterred.  
I was very clear and provided an example of what I meant.  You have been vague and offer nothing of what you meant by how I come across. 

I'd also add that The Mods are quicker to edit/delete moreso than in the past, that could also alter the context of some of your posts.
In here.  The rules in the Politics Subforum  are loosely enforced at best.

Maybe that was the intention.

What you're seeing here is a small encapsulation of why the political sub-forum had to be created.  

Nothing but a daily back and forth snark OJ

Just getting caught up. Thanks for all of the time and energy that has gone into this. It is not lost on me, nor should it be lost on all of us that this is a free board that means a lot to many people. 
Speaking of just getting caught up, I'm like a month late to this thread.    Just a nitpick here.   I know that time and energy to moderate a place like this is significant.  I've done it on boards way smaller and even those felt like a chore sometimes.    

If I'm reading/interpreting what you wrote here correctly (I may not be) -- you're insinuating that this a lot of work that goes into a free service for us.  Which, is true at the surface.  But let's not pretend it's an altruistic venture.  The ad money made on a board with this much traffic is nothing to sneeze at, or even sigh at.   And the fact that crowds iCongregating around here don't hurt their subscriber #s one bit.    

In any case -- Not yet sure about the return to a hard PG -- but the politics subform is the best thing to happen around here in many years.    :confetti:  

two pages of unreadable garbage as usual suspects snipe at other usual suspects. 

PM's work.   If your post is only meant for one other person to read, think twice about posting it.   That's the trash that derails discussions and the reason so many people hated the political threads.   If the mods focused on this one on one arguing and not whether **** should be filtered, the boards would be a better place.  

two pages of unreadable garbage as usual suspects snipe at other usual suspects. 

PM's work.   If your post is only meant for one other person to read, think twice about posting it.   That's the trash that derails discussions and the reason so many people hated the political threads.   If the mods focused on this one on one arguing and not whether **** should be filtered, the boards would be a better place.  
you're talking about norwood, aren't you.

Speaking of just getting caught up, I'm like a month late to this thread.    Just a nitpick here.   I know that time and energy to moderate a place like this is significant.  I've done it on boards way smaller and even those felt like a chore sometimes.    

If I'm reading/interpreting what you wrote here correctly (I may not be) -- you're insinuating that this a lot of work that goes into a free service for us.  Which, is true at the surface.  But let's not pretend it's an altruistic venture.  The ad money made on a board with this much traffic is nothing to sneeze at, or even sigh at.   And the fact that crowds iCongregating around here don't hurt their subscriber #s one bit.    

In any case -- Not yet sure about the return to a hard PG -- but the politics subform is the best thing to happen around here in many years.    :confetti:  
That is a fair point about this not being a altruistic venture and maybe the forum being a loss leader for FBG. I agree that moving politics to its own subforum is a breath of fresh air. 

Users who are viewing this thread