What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warning - Novel Length - A Forum Manifesto (1 Viewer)

Though, it's pretty telling you two, of all the FFA, were the ones to come in and start :fishy:  the thread again.  Two peas in a pod you two are!

Right after you were trolling in the political forum and got laughed at
So the attacks in the donation thread backfired so this is "I'm taking my ball and going home" for him?  :doh:

There are 30 other threads in there where he and the regulars attack anyone that isn't far left, don't get it.

:confused:

Can you two Keystone Cops break this one down for me?  I haven't been in the Trump Donation thread at all today...nobody has.  What does it have to do with me?  Supposedly I was laughed at somewhere today, but it wasn't that thread....TIA.

Same cast of characters.  Arguing about whatever.  

I don't even know who is on what side but I could easily create a list. 

So the attacks in the donation thread backfired so this is "I'm taking my ball and going home" for him?  :doh:

There are 30 other threads in there where he and the regulars attack anyone that isn't far left, don't get it.
The place is loaded with morons... I'm not inclined to be overly political, but I find these people to be" off the charts intolerant".  Ironic thing is that they probably see themselves as open minded.

They should all relax and watch the Kelly's Heroes theme song:  See 2:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgeIINs1TrQ

I actually forgot that politics forum is there. Most amazing move any message board ever made. As a thank you I even downloaded and paid for that app that broke during my draft and I wasn't even bothered. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Can you two Keystone Cops break this one down for me?  I haven't been in the Trump Donation thread at all today...nobody has.  What does it have to do with me?  Supposedly I was laughed at somewhere today, but it wasn't that thread....TIA.
:lmao:   You never troll, right?  Love the innocent shtick you try to play

The place is loaded with morons... I'm not inclined to be overly political, but I find these people to be" off the charts intolerant".  Ironic thing is that they probably see themselves as open minded.

They should all relax and watch the Kelly's Heroes theme song:  See 2:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgeIINs1TrQ
You can see from the posts above that they try to instigate issues outside the political forums as well. 

I actually forgot that politics forum is there. Most amazing move any message board ever made. As a thank you I even downloaded and paid for that app that broke during my draft and I wasn't even bothered. 
:lmao:  

ETA:  Did you try the DD?  My first year without DD in my keeper auction.  Found a free spreadsheet that worked much much better.

:lmao:  

ETA:  Did you try the DD?  My first year without DD in my keeper auction.  Found a free spreadsheet that worked much much better.
I love that you are the apps beta tester and you didn't use the app :lmao:  

Yea I used the DD app where you input all the picks. Around round 6 or 7 it just seized up on me and when I got it working again they were all gone. Oh well. 

Not only was Joe smart for creating the politics subforum...leaving this thread in the FFA as a spillover buffer was genius!

:lmao:   You never troll, right?  Love the innocent shtick you try to play
I've NEVER said that :shrug:   You continue creating those straw men and attacking the crap out of them with a tenacity unknown to mankind!!!!  That'll show us!!!!!

I'll just take your refusal to answer as you being full of it.  My question was legit.  I've noticed those who were asked to stop posting in a particular way have started posting that way again so I asked the question.  I went back through to try and find out where I was "laughed at" for "trolling" and the best I can come up with is YOUR post using your predictable " :lmao: " to a comment I made regarding opening a new thread to discuss the latest "proposal" from the GOP on healthcare.  I guess that's what you're talking about?

It's a pretty good illustration of the term "trolling" basically having no meaning anymore.  I'm not even sure who I was supposedly trolling in that thread.  The comment was a statement of opinion and attempt to keep the :hophead:  from filtering into a thread that was pleasantly productive.  Vanity would dictate you believing it was a shot at you but you hadn't even posted in that thread for days and the posts you did make weren't dealing with medicare.  Why would I choose a thread you aren't participating in to "troll" you?

It's a crazy little world you live in there.  Also love that it's "instigation" to do what the mods here tell us to do....not you specifically, but that comment was so absurd it really doesn't need a direct reply.  

I don't think @Joe Bryant was ever serious about getting rid of trolling.  The people responding to you here have realized that.  Act accordingly.
I know you're right, but this new shtick is sort of like the old LHUCKS shtick, but worse.  I can't take my eyes off it and sometimes I get sucked in.  It's a problem, I know.  I'm working on it  :thumbup:

I know Joe and company can't be everywhere at once, but I thought we might have turned a corner.  I thought wrong.

I've NEVER said that :shrug:   You continue creating those straw men and attacking the crap out of them with a tenacity unknown to mankind!!!!  That'll show us!!!!!

I'll just take your refusal to answer as you being full of it.  My question was legit.  I've noticed those who were asked to stop posting in a particular way have started posting that way again so I asked the question.  I went back through to try and find out where I was "laughed at" for "trolling" and the best I can come up with is YOUR post using your predictable " :lmao: " to a comment I made regarding opening a new thread to discuss the latest "proposal" from the GOP on healthcare.  I guess that's what you're talking about?

It's a pretty good illustration of the term "trolling" basically having no meaning anymore.  I'm not even sure who I was supposedly trolling in that thread.  The comment was a statement of opinion and attempt to keep the :hophead:  from filtering into a thread that was pleasantly productive.  Vanity would dictate you believing it was a shot at you but you hadn't even posted in that thread for days and the posts you did make weren't dealing with medicare.  Why would I choose a thread you aren't participating in to "troll" you?

It's a crazy little world you live in there.  Also love that it's "instigation" to do what the mods here tell us to do....not you specifically, but that comment was so absurd it really doesn't need a direct reply.  
I'll bite.  What's the shtick you're talking about that prompted you to bump this thread?

There's nothing to bite.

Pretty much all the stuff that Joe and the other mods went thread to thread asking people to stop doing.  It's all being done again by all the people they asked to stop.  There are a handful of threads that have been relatively productive (to the point where people have actually commented on how refreshing it was to be having discussion of the issues rather than :pokey:  between individual posters).  So, if I am being honest, I was reluctant to bring it up...I'd rather the :hophead: just stay where it is and not filter into those relatively productive threads. 

Commenting is back focused on the individuals and ridiculing each other rather than discussing topics.  People are back to contributing nothing to threads other than quips towards "the other side".  People are again using gross generalizations in an effort to paint an entire group of people.  People are being willfully ignorant and putting words in others' mouths that they didn't say (that's been happening forever and I have yet to understand what is gained there).

The list could go on and on :shrug:  

There's nothing to bite.

Pretty much all the stuff that Joe and the other mods went thread to thread asking people to stop doing.  It's all being done again by all the people they asked to stop.  There are a handful of threads that have been relatively productive (to the point where people have actually commented on how refreshing it was to be having discussion of the issues rather than :pokey:  between individual posters).  So, if I am being honest, I was reluctant to bring it up...I'd rather the :hophead: just stay where it is and not filter into those relatively productive threads. 

Commenting is back focused on the individuals and ridiculing each other rather than discussing topics.  People are back to contributing nothing to threads other than quips towards "the other side".  People are again using gross generalizations in an effort to paint an entire group of people.  People are being willfully ignorant and putting words in others' mouths that they didn't say (that's been happening forever and I have yet to understand what is gained there).

I think what amuses most is you are a ring leader of it yet your trying to tell on others? Maybe set a better example or do what Joe advise every time and use the report function if you feel you need to?

There's nothing to bite.

Fair enough.  I agree with all that but it's been happening for weeks again.   I don't recall one productive thread in there since Joe stopped posting again. 

There's nothing to bite.

I think what amuses most is you are a ring leader of it yet your trying to tell on others? Maybe set a better example or do what Joe advise every time and use the report function if you feel you need to?

You have me confused with someone else.  I've never been told to "stop" or "don't do this" by Joe or any of the mods.  If I was, I would.  I am also willing to admit where I am wrong.  Show me where I am making personal attacks or where I am just quipping and not participating in the thread in general.  Honestly, I don't see you in many, if any, of the threads I spend most of my time in.  I'm not complaining, but it's bizarre on the backdrop of your "you're the ring leader" shtick.  Joe gave us the option of coming here or reporting the posts.  I felt it most logical to come here given the volume of posts.  It doesn't make sense to report all of them.

This is like when the kids start arguing... not directly calling Mom and Dad to tell on their sibling... but yelling loud enough so that Mom and Dad will hear and be forced to take action.

Fair enough.  I agree with all that but it's been happening for weeks again.   I don't recall one productive thread in there since Joe stopped posting again. 
I don't know where you spend all your time, but if it's in the Trump Donation thread, the Trump dominated the UN thread, the Fox News thread, Hillary Clinton thread, Antifa thread etc....you're not going to find what I'm talking about and you're doing it wrong IMO.

There's plenty of good information and discussion in several of the threads, even when they go off the thread topic.  Just have to ignore the little bit of :hophead:  that goes on there.  

I don't know where you spend all your time, but if it's in the Trump Donation thread, the Trump dominated the UN thread, the Fox News thread, Hillary Clinton thread, Antifa thread etc....you're not going to find what I'm talking about and you're doing it wrong IMO.

There's plenty of good information and discussion in several of the threads, even when they go off the thread topic.  Just have to ignore the little bit of :hophead:  that goes on there.  
Funny how you handpicked those threads.... maybe a better way would be name the good ones.

What threads are productive without all the insults, jabs, and usual nonsense?

Funny how you handpicked those threads.... maybe a better way would be name the good ones.

What threads are productive without all the insults, jabs, and usual nonsense?
Not sure why it's "funny".  They all suck when certain users are engaged in them.  The mother of all examples is the "how can you have rational discussion with these people" thread, but I left it off figuring that was rather obvious.  There's been good discussion in the other Trump threads (unless one considers it trolling to call out the President for the stupid crap he's doing).  Focus is mostly on his actions, comments and :hophead:   Same with the NK war thread.  The medicare thread has good discussion.  There's been a few really stupid things said in there, but all things considered pretty good.  The GOP answer to healthcare thread has been good as well (minus the "your side did it first" and "you are doing it too" sorts of posts).  The focus of those is generally the ideas with few personal attacks.  Of course I am speaking of recently, as in the last week or two.  I don't remember what they were at the beginning, only what they've become recently.  

People who start threads and never return to engage respondents are banned on other message boards that take debate a little more seriously than this one does. Joe and David should consider adopting the same rule into the Manifesto. A good example is the RBM thread, "Trump Dominates at the UN" or some ridiculousness like that. 

Users who are viewing this thread