What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OMG! Tiki admits that he may hurt FF owners. (1 Viewer)

theswami

Footballguy
ON PTI today Tiki was interviewed and Wilbon asked him about his fantasy impact. Tiki said he was the same guy but that the Giants drafted Jacobs. He said that he may "hurt you" in Fantasy because he "may have to score from 20 yards out" because Jacobs would get goal line carries.The quotes above are his words. As a Giants fan I'm pleased to hear that he expects good things at the goal line. As an owner keeping Tiki as my number 2 back, I'm not too excited to hear this especially when I think about his performance last year once Eli started.

Funny, to hear a player answer Fantasy questions during an interview...and he did so sincerely. I don't know, something not right about that...Anyway, he brought up Jacobs, and the fact that he is the one that will get the goal line carries. He went on to say that if he is going to score, it will be from the twenty or so...and to NOT EXPECT THE SAME. :popcorn:

Tiki Barber was the guest for the five good minutes segment on PTI this afternoon. When asked yabout his own fantasy football outlook his reply was ominous at best for Tiki Barber owners:"I'm the same guy, I work just as hard. The problem with it for fantasy guys is that we have a guy like Brandon Jacobs now who is 6'4 270 pounds whose going to get all the goal line touches. So, I've got to score from 20 yards out or I'm going to hurt you in fantasy."

You guys can't possibly be surprised by this.

Last edited by a moderator:
ON PTI today Tiki was interviewed and Wilbon asked him about his fantasy impact. Tiki said he was the same guy but that the Giants drafted Jacobs. He said that he may "hurt you" in Fantasy because he "may have to score from 20 yards out" because Jacobs would get goal line carries.

The quotes above are his words. As a Giants fan I'm pleased to hear that he expects good things at the goal line. As an owner keeping Tiki as my number 2 back, I'm not too excited to hear this especially when I think about his performance last year once Eli started.
Last year at this exact moment, Tiki "admitted" that he and Dayne would split carries 50-50. If anything, I think this statement indicates that Tiki will be the workhorse again.

Pages Lhucks! This is not good news.
I drafted Tiki assuming his TDs would decrease by 30%.Only a handful of his TD's came within the 5 yard line.

Tiki = Solid FF Points

ON PTI today Tiki was interviewed and Wilbon asked him about his fantasy impact. Tiki said he was the same guy but that the Giants drafted Jacobs. He said that he may "hurt you" in Fantasy because he "may have to score from 20 yards out" because Jacobs would get goal line carries.

The quotes above are his words. As a Giants fan I'm pleased to hear that he expects good things at the goal line. As an owner keeping Tiki as my number 2 back, I'm not too excited to hear this especially when I think about his performance last year once Eli started.
:confirmed:Watched the same thing, and Tiki did say that "Brandon will get all the goal line carries."

ON PTI today Tiki was interviewed and Wilbon asked him about his fantasy impact.  Tiki said he was the same guy but that the Giants drafted Jacobs.  He said that he may "hurt you" in Fantasy because he "may have to score from 20 yards out" because Jacobs would get goal line carries.

The quotes above are his words.  As a Giants fan I'm pleased to hear that he expects good things at the goal line.  As an owner keeping Tiki as my number 2 back, I'm not too excited to hear this especially when I think about his performance last year once Eli started.
Last year at this exact moment, Tiki "admitted" that he and Dayne would split carries 50-50. If anything, I think this statement indicates that Tiki will be the workhorse again.
:goodposting:

You guys can't possibly be surprised by this.
I expected Jacobs would get action at the goal line but Tiki made it sound as if Jacobs is getting ALL the touches at the goal line.For me the net effect is probably the same, Tiki is fine as a number 2 back. With that said, I will consider going RB-RB-WR or RB-WR-RB with Tiki as my 4th pick instead of going RB-WR-WR as planned prior to today.

Edit: I get Tiki in the 4th b/c that is where I drafted him last year and we get to keep two players drafted AFTER the 3rd round in the prior year. The following year you lose your pick for the round in which you picked the player.

looks like this is the "official" yearly Tiki panic thread.Whatever makes him slide further is music to my ears :thumbup:

Sounds familiar.
This place is amazing.As for my comments, I was more surprised that a reporter was asking the question, and how sincerely he answered. Are there really that many that think the stiuation is the same as last year? I don't.

For the record, I have not drafted him, nor will I this year...unless it is quite the fall. So, I wasn't surprised with the news so much, just how it came out.

ON PTI today Tiki was interviewed and Wilbon asked him about his fantasy impact.  Tiki said he was the same guy but that the Giants drafted Jacobs.  He said that he may "hurt you" in Fantasy because he "may have to score from 20 yards out" because Jacobs would get goal line carries.

The quotes above are his words.  As a Giants fan I'm pleased to hear that he expects good things at the goal line.  As an owner keeping Tiki as my number 2 back, I'm not too excited to hear this especially when I think about his performance last year once Eli started.
You do realize that that was the plan...I attended a number of Giants games last year and Tom tried his hardest to get Ron the ball. Fortunately for Giants fans and for me as a Tiki owner, Tom eventually realized that Ron was not very good and basically stopped putting him in the game.Tiki's words mean nothing ONLY if Jacobs is not good. Jacobs will get a shot to be the goal line guy.

I hope the Jacobs talk continues so I can get Tiki at 2.10 in the WCOFF. :thumbup:
that's not going to happen. his receiving ability still makes him a 1st rounder.but, people expecting another top-10 season in standard leagues are going to be upset when Tiki starts getting pulled inside the 5.

:confirmed:Watched the same thing, and Tiki did say that "Brandon will get all the goal line carries."
ummm...thanks for confirming the post.now that a FBG staff member said it, i am more prone to believe it over another poster.

:loco:
:lmao:

If Jacobs does prove to be an effective goal-line runner, he may have been an unfortunate choice as a FBG magazine cover boy.

some of us have been saying this for months
:lmao: were you saying that in 2004 when FBG ranked him so low too?
Brandon Jacobs wasn't on the team last year, guyRon Dayne is a big pile of goo. Jacobs can play.
:lmao: ok
what exactly is so funny?do you think Tiki will continue to get the majority of goalline carries this year?
he'll get enough to warrant his 2nd round ADP.i just find it funny that if you search on this site for the past 3 years you have almost identical threads but with different reasons as to why tiki will underperform. every year he proves them wrong.

good stuff.

:thumbup:
That would be a 1.6.782 ADP if Lhucks is in your league.

he'll get enough to warrant his 2nd round ADP.i just find it funny that if you search on this site for the past 3 years you have almost identical threads but with different reasons as to why tiki will underperform. every year he proves them wrong.good stuff. :thumbup:
Tiki is great value in the 2nd round.I don't care about the past. Ron Dayne was a fraud, while Brandon Jacobs is for real.

he'll get enough to warrant his 2nd round ADP.

i just find it funny that if you search on this site for the past 3 years you have almost identical threads but with different reasons as to why tiki will underperform.  every year he proves them wrong.

good stuff.

Tiki is great value in the 2nd round.I don't care about the past. Ron Dayne was a fraud, while Brandon Jacobs is for real.
how do you know? dayne was a preseason monster, and certainly has a better college resume' than jacobs. the next meaningful pro game that jacobs plays in will be his first.everyone could be jumping the gun all over again.

If Jacobs does prove to be an effective goal-line runner, he may have been an unfortunate choice as a FBG magazine cover boy.
Not really because the magazine is asking "who is this year's Tiki Barber" not saying Barber will put up the same stats again.

Not really because the magazine is asking "who is this year's Tiki Barber" not saying Barber will put up the same stats again.
Exactly, it was about the Steal of the Draft. Right on the cover it says Tiki Barber was the steal in 2004, Who will be this season's?

Pages Lhucks!  This is not good news.
I drafted Tiki assuming his TDs would decrease by 30%.Only a handful of his TD's came within the 5 yard line.

Tiki = Solid FF Points
Actually, Tiki had 10 of his 13 TDs last year from inside the 5.The year before both of his TDs came from inside the 5.

The year before that 8 of his 11 TDs from inside the 5.

70% might have been a better assumtion.

i just find it funny that if you search on this site for the past 3 years you have almost identical threads but with different reasons as to why tiki will underperform.  every year he proves them wrong.

good stuff.

how do you know? dayne was a preseason monster, and certainly has a better college resume' than jacobs. the next meaningful pro game that jacobs plays in will be his first.everyone could be jumping the gun all over again.
who is jumping the gun here?some of us have been saying that Jacobs will get the goalline and short yardage work this year. Now, Tiki himself seems to have confirmed that.

adjust your projections and rankings accordingly. those of us who figured this would happen all along probably don't need to adjust much. pretty simple really.

Tiki is still capable of putting up RB1 numbers, but I think his upside is going to be limited. I'm not going to avoid drafting him or anything as the reception totals make him very reliable from week to week even without the TD totals...and he seems to be getting better as a rusher every single year

Nice way of not putting yourself on a limb.Who's the coverboy next year? Lynn Swann with an article talking about good USC players to draft?
what are you talking about?

Tiki = Solid FF Points
Actually, Tiki had 10 of his 13 TDs last year from inside the 5.The year before both of his TDs came from inside the 5.

:goodposting: LHUCKS must have big hands if he can fit 10 TDs in one.

:own3d:

good stuff.

who is jumping the gun here?some of us have been saying that Jacobs will get the goalline and short yardage work this year. Now, Tiki himself seems to have confirmed that.

adjust your projections and rankings accordingly. those of us who figured this would happen all along probably don't need to adjust much. pretty simple really.

Tiki is still capable of putting up RB1 numbers, but I think his upside is going to be limited. I'm not going to avoid drafting him though as the recpetion totals make him very reliable.
you said dayne was a fraud and jacobs IS FOR REAL. no one knows for sure if jacobs is for real until he gets some time in meaningful games. until then, it's all conjecture. ergo, you are jumping the gun...much like many people did with dayne last season. pretty simple really.

I have always liked Tiki, and it's clear he is always undervalued. However, I do see a fall this year. I think the Jacobs threat is real. And Manning doesn't make me feel any better.

I hope the Jacobs talk continues so I can get Tiki at 2.10 in the WCOFF.  :thumbup:
that's not going to happen. his receiving ability still makes him a 1st rounder.but, people expecting another top-10 season in standard leagues are going to be upset when Tiki starts getting pulled inside the 5.
Unless it's a PPR league, I don't like Tiki Barber in the first if he's not going to get the goaline carries. If Jacobs does indeed get those carries, Tiki's been drafted to high as most people have last year's numbers in mind, probably thinking there will be a little regression because it was such a solid year. But to see Tiki run the ball down to the 3 and then just get taken out............no way I spend a top 10 pick on that, no way.

Tiki = Solid FF Points

I will audit this when I get home tonight...don't have my Index with me.(most time efficient way to check)

good stuff.

Tiki is still capable of putting up RB1 numbers, but I think his upside is going to be limited. I'm not going to avoid drafting him though as the recpetion totals make him very reliable.
you said dayne was a fraud and jacobs IS FOR REAL. no one knows for sure if jacobs is for real until he gets some time in meaningful games. until then, it's all conjecture. ergo, you are jumping the gun...much like many people did with dayne last season. pretty simple really.
You have a point, but it's he could be potentially jumping the gun as it could be for real. If it is, then he's not jumping the gun at all. On the flip side, you could be missing the boat. The Jacobs stealing goaline carries on the blogger here at FBG was out long ago, and I didn't need to watch PTI for it to be confirmed.

It'll be interesting to see what "goalline" means. Does Tiki get pulled from the 10 in...doubtful. Does he get pulled from the five in...maybe. Does he get pulled from the 3 in...likely.

good stuff.

You have a point, but it's he could be potentially jumping the gun as it could be for real. If it is, then he's not jumping the gun at all. On the flip side, you could be missing the boat. The Jacobs stealing goaline carries on the blogger here at FBG was out long ago, and I didn't need to watch PTI for it to be confirmed.
sigh...to say jacobs will get a crack at short-yardage runs is very much fact. to say that he is "FOR REAL" at this point is OPINION and "jumping the gun", imo.

i guess we didn't learn anything from the dayne episode last year afterall. :no:

I'm assuming that since you are here, you play fantasy football.One of the most important skills in fantasy football is evaluating talent and projecting future performance.I believe that Jacobs will be a quality complementary RB and very strong in short yardage and goal line situations.I never thought Ron Dayne would amount to anything.These are my opinions. We will find out soon enough if I am correct on Jacobs or not.

Perhaps not nearly as unfortunate as Fantasy Football Index and Tatum Bell! :excited:
I was thinking the same thing. Could this be enough to push FF magazines to just revert back to putting the #1 guy from previous year on each edition?

it is jumping the gun until proven.there are lots of rumors on the blogger but i don't adjust my cheatsheets every time.
it is a prediction.you can't always wait for proof when making predictions.have you ever liked a rookie RB before he ever took an NFL snap? if so, weren't you guilty of "jumping the gun"

Users who are viewing this thread