What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One Hundred Pushups (1 Viewer)

week 1 day 2: I felt better going into today than I did day 1 after a day of rest. Did 12/12/10/10/10. First two twelves went pretty well. The tens were hell! By the fifth set I was ready to give up at 7 but willed myself to 10 because I didn't want to go back a day. Day three will be no fun and I'm going to be plenty sore tomorrow. I really can't wait for the Sat/Sun break. Arms are absolute jello.

Could only max out at 9 at day 1, but I had a 13 month old crawling under me, taunting my every grunt. So maybe that had something to do with it. Yeah, that's it.

Wow, I couldn't finish out day three. I'm kind of surprised, I didn't have any trouble with day 2 and I didn't feel sore or anything. I couldn't finish the 4th set before my arms gave out. Now that I'm already repeating a day I'm starting to think that this will take longer than 6 weeks to get to 100...Set to try again Friday though. Im curious to see if others start to falter here or if its just me.

I wasn't looking forward to this at all, thanks to soreness and some of the earlier D2 updates, but I made it.

D2 - 12/12/10/10/17

Day 110/10/7/7/11 (45) (did it from memory and didn't realize it should have been 10/10/8/6/max)Day 1 was Monday, so tomorrow is day 2.Disclaimer: I had coincidentally started doing pushups about 2 weeks earlier for the first time in years and was doing 25 every 2-3 days...
Day 2 today. 12/12/10/10/11 (55). Surprised at how much harder it was than day 1.

The Third said:
Why do people keep putting the total for the day in parentheses?
Because the max (level 5) is different for everyone. So they are keeping their total

The day after Day 2 hasn't been nearly as bad as the day after Day 1. I'm not nearly as sore as I was a couple of days ago.

Hoping to do day 2 later today. Working on about 3 hours of sleep and have a headache. And :towelwave: isn't to blame. :towelwave:

The Third said:
Because the max (level 5) is different for everyone. So they are keeping their total
Level 5 (last set of the day where you try to max out) is not what The Third is referring to. Some people are summing the total of all of their daily sets and putting it in parenthesis. While this sum is meaningless in terms of the program, it may have some personal meaning to some people (comparing totals day to day). It does not bother me, however. Track yourself however you want and just keep with it. It has been fun so far and am very curious to how successsful we will be.EDIT: Actually belljr, after re-reading your post, maybe that is what you meant anyway - oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Third said:
Level 5 (last set of the day where you try to max out) is not what The Third is referring to. Some people are summing the total of all of their daily sets and putting it in parenthesis. While this sum is meaningless in terms of the program, it may have some personal meaning to some people (comparing totals day to day). It does not bother me, however. Track yourself however you want and just keep with it. It has been fun so far and am very curious to how successsful we will be.EDIT: Actually belljr, after re-reading your post, maybe that is what you meant anyway - oh well.
Yeah - I meant everyone has different "maxes" so they are just keeping the total for the day. :goodposting:

I decided to push back my Day 1 workout until Monday so that I can roll on the MWF schedule. I'll report back on Monday. :shock:

The Third said:
I get that, but the total for the day has no meaning or significance in this program.I wasn't sure if some people were confusing what "max" means or what "100 pushups" really means. Oh well. :lmao:

Day 3:

Holy crap I'm out of shape. Three days in and already struggling. Barely squeezed out 15 in the first set, then could barely squeeze out 10 in the next set. Way below the 15/13/10/10/15 required on Day 3. Guess I'll be repeating Day 3 a few times....

:confused:

Day 3:Holy crap I'm out of shape. Three days in and already struggling. Barely squeezed out 15 in the first set, then could barely squeeze out 10 in the next set. Way below the 15/13/10/10/15 required on Day 3. Guess I'll be repeating Day 3 a few times.... :excited:
Well I think that is pretty darn good for a 125 year old :hifive: . Hang in there and don't get discouraged. I admire the guys who are admitting their hardships in here. I'm sure I'll be comiserating soon enough.

In. Initial test 37.

2 Questions though

1. Is the idea that at the end of 6 weeks you can do 100 pushups in one single set?

2. Does the google doc automatically save or am I missing something?

In. Initial test 37. 2 Questions though1. Is the idea that at the end of 6 weeks you can do 100 pushups in one single set?2. Does the google doc automatically save or am I missing something?
yes and yes

Day 3:Holy crap I'm out of shape. Three days in and already struggling. Barely squeezed out 15 in the first set, then could barely squeeze out 10 in the next set. Way below the 15/13/10/10/15 required on Day 3. Guess I'll be repeating Day 3 a few times.... :yawn:
Pretty weak for such a ladies man. :thumbup:

Much to my surprise I passed Day 3. I thought I was in trouble when I saw Lloyd Christmas (whose numbers have been similar to mine since the beginning) didn't make it. The first three sets were pretty smooth but I BARELY finished the last two. I found it helpful to quickly get as many initial push ups as you can in the "bank" before struggling to do the last few of a set. If I try to go at a slow constant pace, then I start getting into trouble.

So let me ask this. For those of you who did the initial max of like 20 or 30 or more, why are you doing the day 1, week 1 workout? If you look at the initial test it tells you what week to start based on your initial max, just curious.

If you can do 40 seems like you are going backwards doing week 1 or week 2. Again, just curious not trying to be an ###.

So let me ask this. For those of you who did the initial max of like 20 or 30 or more, why are you doing the day 1, week 1 workout? If you look at the initial test it tells you what week to start based on your initial max, just curious.

If you can do 40 seems like you are going backwards doing week 1 or week 2. Again, just curious not trying to be an ###.
Didn't see that part...

cuz I haven't done jack #### in about a year so I want to proceed slowly.Besides, it doesn't say that on the initial test. It's a "meaningless" ranking. Unless I missed something.

cuz I haven't done jack #### in about a year so I want to proceed slowly.
Yep, fully understand that. There have a been a few in here that have been doing some kind of push up regime for a while though, guess it was more directed at them. I know when you haven't done squat for a while that initial max or test is really deceiving.

Never saw it and still do not see it. Can you point it out?Anyhow, I'm not going to alter my plan now. I'm liking the "steady as she goes" plan to 100 - probably the best chance for success. I guess the exhaustion test after week two will be a test to see if we were really "going backwards".

Day 3 down, couldn't get the minimum 15 on the final set.15/13/10/10/11
I also couldn't complete Day 3. For folks who are struggling, are you redoing that day until you can do it, or redoing the whole week? I think I'm just going to keep redoing Day 3 until I can get it, and then I'll move on to Day 4.

I did Day 3 yesterday.

15/13/10/10/20

By the time you get to your 4th set, it is definitely a struggle. I am not looking forward to having to do Day 4.

Nowhere does it say anything like that...think you're reading into it too much. 20 or 30 on initial max is basically level 3 (see sentence bolded in final paragraph below)-----------------------------

Before starting Week 1, I recommend taking time to familiarize yourself with the program. You'll be required to work out three times per week - Monday, Wednesday, Friday worked well for me.

Don't forget how many push ups you performed in the test and if you're still keen to improve your strength and fitness, read on to learn more about the program.

If you're concerned about your Rank in the extreme left column; there's no need. The scale of 1 to 7 is purely an indicator of current fitness, and can be used as a comparison tool between yourself, friends, family & co-workers.

Most people tend to fall into Rank 2 or 3 which is a great starting point for the plan. If you're ranked 1, you may need to consider one of the alternative push ups on the "What is a push up?" page. If you're ranked 6 or 7, maybe you need a tougher plan?

Day 3 down, couldn't get the minimum 15 on the final set.15/13/10/10/11
I also couldn't complete Day 3. For folks who are struggling, are you redoing that day until you can do it, or redoing the whole week? I think I'm just going to keep redoing Day 3 until I can get it, and then I'll move on to Day 4.
Would agree that best route is just to keep repeating the day until you can do it. Don't see a need to keep repeating the whole week. Program could end up being 6 months for some if that was needed as min. #'s increase the coming weeks.

I spent last 2 days tearing out and installing windows. I'm pretty sore and think I'll wait till that goes away to start on day 3.

Day 110/10/7/7/11 (45) (did it from memory and didn't realize it should have been 10/10/8/6/max)Day 1 was Monday, so tomorrow is day 2.Disclaimer: I had coincidentally started doing pushups about 2 weeks earlier for the first time in years and was doing 25 every 2-3 days...
Day 2 today. 12/12/10/10/11 (55). Surprised at how much harder it was than day 1.
Day 3 today: 15/13/10/10/11 (65). Not as hard for me from day 2 to day 3 as it was from day 1 to day 2. That said, halfway through both the 4th & 5th sets it was very tough.

Interesting that the third column, day 1 requires 41 the first week and 50 the second week... and then jumps to 99 the third week. (Assuming that if you are in the third column for two weeks, your max will be >25.)

Users who are viewing this thread