What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (3 Viewers)

312.6 on 1/8/23. Even for the week. Experienced my seemingly normal fluctuation of +/- 2#. Went up but end even for the week.

Got my 2.5 hrs of moderately strenuous exercise in (5 days at 30 min). 2 for 2 this week. Getting to a routine.

Both blood pressure and blood sugar were good. Both trending down slowly.

Getting there slowly.
308 this morning. Up to 45min on the recumbent exercise bike. Trying to keep the 5 days a week (Sun-Sat). Hit 4 days in a row today. Was a struggle as my legs felt a bit dead, but I did it. After work functions the next 2 nights so back at it Friday.

BP and glucose numbers still trending lower than before the exercise regime.

Feel like I’m on the right path.

312.6 on 1/8/23. Even for the week. Experienced my seemingly normal fluctuation of +/- 2#. Went up but end even for the week.

Got my 2.5 hrs of moderately strenuous exercise in (5 days at 30 min). 2 for 2 this week. Getting to a routine.

Both blood pressure and blood sugar were good. Both trending down slowly.

Getting there slowly.
308 this morning. Up to 45min on the recumbent exercise bike. Trying to keep the 5 days a week (Sun-Sat). Hit 4 days in a row today. Was a struggle as my legs felt a bit dead, but I did it. After work functions the next 2 nights so back at it Friday.

BP and glucose numbers still trending lower than before the exercise regime.

Feel like I’m on the right path.
Stay the course and the results will be steady and impressive. Can’t wait to hear how you are doing in 4 or 5 months from now.

Hit a near all-time high on the scale right before NYE, so Jan 2nd went back on the keto wagon for what is a planned month or two to kick start some weight loss . Down 6 pounds in a couple weeks, have about 35 more to go. I've been dealing with an achilles issue for months which has kept me from running, but I've been in PT for the last couple months so hopefully be able to get back out there again soon.

Keep up the good work everyone!

My mile pace was back to 17:49 yesterday :oldunsure:

Not really concerned. My route is half the length it was when I was consistently injuring myself. Also, I'm much better now at getting fully warm before hitting the afterburner.

Hit 46 miles on the bike yesterday evening, which is pretty solid for 3 days into the week. Will probably tack another casually paced 10-15 this evening.

Last night made a big double batch of minestrone soup that is healthy and loaded with vegetables, so that is going to be my main fuel for the next week.

1812 calories
97g protein
36g fiber
2031mg sodium

Got the sodium down. Not starting back on running/ gym yet so I'm targeting around 17-1800 calories a day to get started. Had room for some pinot noir to end the day.

I am a little low on protein but otherwise happy with the day.

2087 calories
151g protein
21g fiber
2661mg sodium

Overdid it on dinner. Swordfish with rice and vegetables and I ate more rice than I should.

Added reduced sodium soy and mirin to the plate to get a consistent flavor which I actually really enjoyed. Salt/sweet/umami. Tinkering with different flavors for now. I might start doing tapas/ small bites more often.

A little over calories and way over sodium (4161mg) but 131g protein and 28g fiber plus a lot of exercise/ activity. I'll take it.

How's everyone else doing?

bad week this week. Gained a pound on the scale but - I had a full weekend of events where I did not monitor my intake

Hopped back on the keto train this week. I know I won't do it for the full weight loss but its easier for me to follow currently without thinking about it. I always love the jump start it gives me even though I know its fake weight

1/2 230.8
1/9 228.4
1/17* 226.8

I've consistently been doing my golf stretches/workouts 3 days a week with some light walking. Nothing too stressful but that is by design
1/23 227.5
1/30 224

Been doing my light excercises and started up ketoish diet - i don't need to hear pros/cons its something that gets me started and in the right frame of mind to lose.
Had grilled chicken and broccoli for lunch yesterday....

so short of my goal a little but trending in the right direction.

I'm down 2 pounds to 230 from when I made my post about restarting my training plan. Not as much as I would have hoped for if I'm being honest, but I wasn't seeing any movement until this past week. I have been wondering if the steroid I'm on for my allergy/immune disorder has been making it more difficult to drop weight so I have stopped taking it, but that also means I've needed to drastically alter my diet so that I don't have the potentially life threatening side effects. It may just be the change in diet that has spurred the weight loss, but I guess I'll never know.

Been sticking to the 75+ miles per week cycling, having hit 90 the past two weeks and am up to 45 as of last night. My cardio is feeling a lot better than it did just a few weeks ago, but my legs are not where they need to be, so I think I need to get out and hit some hills.

Decided on 1/1 to get back in shape just like everyone else in here.

I started Keto and lost about 10lbs in 4 weeks, but began to have a hard time following the plan (I missed fruit). I switched to Weight Watchers (I use the healthi app because it is cheaper) and lost about 5 lb this week.

I also got back on to the Peloton at least 6 days/week which has to be helping.

Overall I am happy with the 15 lb loss and decided the best diet is the one you can stick with.

I'm on a good streak but have had more bad days than usual. Have had some @Otis nights where I finish eating and have 200 calories left so I pour myself a glass then have a little snack with it then a second glass oh no

Chicken quesadillas with guacamole

Two mission carb balance tortillas
.2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
.5 tbsp butter
Chicken breast (cooked in advance)
Vegetables of choice (I'm going for cans/jars of Diced tomatoes, red peppers and caramelized onions so I can just add a little of each and put them away)

Warm the chicken in the air fryer for about 5 min at 400. Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium low and grill the tortillas with 1/2 of the cheese on each of them. Remove from heat and warm the veggies. Shred the chicken. Wipe the pan if you want or get some veggie flavor on your tortilla.

Put one tortilla back in the pan with a little more of the butter if needed and add the hot shredded chicken and vegetables. Turn heat up to medium and put the other tortilla on top. Press down with spatula while it cooks. To flip lift the pan to 60 degree angle so the spatula isn't doing the work. If you just flip it like a pancake, all the stuff falls out. Press down on the other side until you get some golden brown because yum. Cut into 6 small wedges and serve with 100 calorie pack of guacamole.

Depending what you add and how much chicken it's between 500 and 700 calories, 40 to 60g protein and 30+ grams fiber although it's not the healthiest source of fiber. Sodium can be high if you're not careful with your ingredients but munching on cheesy crunchy foods and dipping them in guac isn't supposed to be this healthy.

1/1/23: 199.2
1/31/23: 196.4

Lost 2.8 pounds this month which is great but fell short of the 5 pound goal. Going to keep on the same path. It’s not fancy but eating a little less while moving more works.
2-6-23. 196.0. Lost 0.4 pounds last week and 3.2 overall. This week hasn’t been very good for moving more and eating less. Hope to at least be holding steady when I weigh in again in a few days. Not really concerned though. It’s not a race. I only need more good weeks than bad weeks each month to reach my goal of better health and fitness

well brohans i had a lousy cardiology appointment yesterday cholesterol is up weight is up and my doctor who saved my life was basically unhappy with me i have been having back issues and work is busy so i have not been taking care of myself so i got an earfull and i needed it so i am back in this thread gonna lose me some weight and get back to low salt heart healthy foods so bam lets do this again take that to the bank

walked 30 this am will walk more tonight after a basketball game i am going to cheerios and fat free milk this am low cal wraps with peanut butter and sugar free jelly for lunch and i am at a net 253 calories consumed writing this to keep my dumb rear end honest take that to the bank bromigos

walked 30 this am will walk more tonight after a basketball game i am going to cheerios and fat free milk this am low cal wraps with peanut butter and sugar free jelly for lunch and i am at a net 253 calories consumed writing this to keep my dumb rear end honest take that to the bank bromigos
It is difficult to eat right and not eat too much. It’s also easy to avoid exercising. Look at the people around you. Many people are overweight. We are surrounded by great tasting unhealthy food. We are busy working, taking care of stuff around the house and doing things for our families.

We can make excuses all day but that’s not helpful. Make a plan and commit to it. Find someone or a group of folks to join your journey to better health and support each other.

Good luck. Hope to read about your success every week!

Didn't see much movement in weight since my last weigh-in, but I have also not eaten all that great this week. Continuing on with the cycling, and have been hitting 90 miles each week on a goal of 75. As of yesterday evening I hit 55, and as long as I finish my Peloton program I should be at least at 80 miles by Saturday. Also hopeful to get a good, long mountain bike ride in this weekend.

was way under on calories yesterday which is good got my walks in got my walk in today cheerios and fat free milk for breakfast and low cal wraps with peanut butter and sugar free jelly for lunch rinse repeat i will get my next 30 to 45 minute walk in later tonight and my stomach is growling like i owe it money or something but it is a good noise take that to the bank brohans

The scale says I lost 0.6 pounds this week, which I will happily take. My manager (and a bunch of others) were laid off as a "re-organization" and there was a happy hour on Thursday I could not afford to miss. I limited the damage to some crab-stuffed mushrooms, light grazing of the chips and salsa, and one drink. Job-related stress is one of our favorite excuses, but I won't exceed the normal weekend resets. Have to keep taking it to the bank.

1/1/23: 199.2
1/31/23: 196.4

Lost 2.8 pounds this month which is great but fell short of the 5 pound goal. Going to keep on the same path. It’s not fancy but eating a little less while moving more works.
2-6-23. 196.0. Lost 0.4 pounds last week and 3.2 overall. This week hasn’t been very good for moving more and eating less. Hope to at least be holding steady when I weigh in again in a few days. Not really concerned though. It’s not a race. I only need more good weeks than bad weeks each month to reach my goal of better health and fitness
2-13-23: 195.6. Down 0.4 pounds for the week. The week wasn’t great for a couple of days but I got on target Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Let’s keep getting after it. Remember why you are improving your health.

lost about 3 pounds so far probably a lot of water weight from going sodium free it makes a big difference did not walk yet today but have had only cheerios and fat free milk and three waters so far so keepin on keepin on take that to the bank brohans

treadmill yesterday and this morning under my calorie goal yesterday and only cheerios and milk and water today gettin er dun boys take that to the bank bromigos

Down two more pounds to 228. The weight loss is moving a lot slower than I thought it would given my diet and activity level, but despite the lack of any serious movement on the scale, my pants are falling off of me..... weird.

Still putting in 75-100+ miles per week. Got 80 in last week, but now that one of the parks I mountain bike in has opened up I am adding a lot more elevation gain into the routine, which is kicking my *** but also quickly ramping up my fitness. Two weeks ago I had to stop 3-4 times on the main climb up the hill in order to catch my breath and give my legs a rest. Yesterday I stopped once and felt like I could have pushed through it if I really had to. Rain is in the forecast and it's crazy windy today, so unless it's clear tomorrow I'm going to be stuck on the Peloton for the foreseeable future.

Woke up at 214.2. I’m about 33 hours into a 44 hour fast. I’ll go to the gym after work tonight, and then eat when I get home. Did the same thing last week, and bottomed out at 215. I’ll weigh again when I get home, before I eat. Should be in the 213’s.

I realize a bunch of it is water, but idgaf. As long as the scale keeps dropping, with the calorie deficit there has to be some fat loss too.

Haven't checked in much - its been pretty slow going here. Getting a tad frustrated as I'm doing everything "right" - I know I'll see it eventually but I'm still hanging around 8 pounds since January 2.

went back to basics with walking and cheerios peanut butter and sugar free jelly in low cal wraps for lunch and down 6 pounds in less than two weeks it really works but it is really boring but i did start this instead of peanut butter i have been using no sugar added apple sauce and jelly in my wraps it is a mess to eat but holy smokes it is good take that to the bank brohans

Haven't checked in much - its been pretty slow going here. Getting a tad frustrated as I'm doing everything "right" - I know I'll see it eventually but I'm still hanging around 8 pounds since January 2.
platueas happen and it probably means you are getting ready for a nice drop keep the faith take that to the bank brohans

went back to basics with walking and cheerios peanut butter and sugar free jelly in low cal wraps for lunch and down 6 pounds in less than two weeks it really works but it is really boring but i did start this instead of peanut butter i have been using no sugar added apple sauce and jelly in my wraps it is a mess to eat but holy smokes it is good take that to the bank brohans
You ever try PBFit? Mix it with yogurt or something and it tastes like PB. It gets me my PB fix...

Anyone been prescribed semaglutide (Wegovy, if it's being used solely for weight loss)? It's a diabetes drug (Ozempic or Rybelsus) that's been rebranded for weight loss. It can be prescribed to anyone with BMI >30, or 27 if you have an obesity-associated comorbidity, like high blood pressure.
I had to laugh this morning. Today show. Ozempic is in short supply after the break.

Then the lead out with “this is a miracle drug for weight loss!” And then go into a human interest story about a guy who can’t get it for his diabetes.

I was like “you are literally promoting it for what is killing this poor guy.”

Users who are viewing this thread