What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (5 Viewers)

It mimics GLP-1, a hormone which suppresses appetite in the brain and alters insulin + glucagon (a hormone opposing insulin) secretion in the pancreas.

Is it your opinion that for majority of people, they can the same benefit with diet and exercise?
You didn’t ask me but I’d like to chime in. I’d say no. Most people could benefit from diet and exercise but simply won’t do it. It isn’t willpower either. It’s frailty to an extend. I can power through on a diet but invariably life stress happens and I seek comfort in food.

With Ozempic I think that food just become less of a haven for people and then they move forward. Not everybody has the same relationship with food. Some can take it or leave it. It isn’t willpower, they just don’t value it much…it’s subsistence. Others it’s more akin to an old friend.

This is where I think a drug like this comes in. I just spoke at length yesterday with my doc. I’m gonna do it I think. I’ve been fat since my girlfriend dumped my when I was in college. I’m 49 now. I’m 5’7 and 220. My blood pressure is slowly bumping up against upper normal, I’m tired and sick of beating myself up anc shaming myself for being the chubby version of myself.

It mimics GLP-1, a hormone which suppresses appetite in the brain and alters insulin + glucagon (a hormone opposing insulin) secretion in the pancreas.

Is it your opinion that for majority of people, they can the same benefit with diet and exercise?
You didn’t ask me but I’d like to chime in. I’d say no. Most people could benefit from diet and exercise but simply won’t do it. It isn’t willpower either. It’s frailty to an extend. I can power through on a diet but invariably life stress happens and I seek comfort in food.

With Ozempic I think that food just become less of a haven for people and then they move forward. Not everybody has the same relationship with food. Some can take it or leave it. It isn’t willpower, they just don’t value it much…it’s subsistence. Others it’s more akin to an old friend.

This is where I think a drug like this comes in. I just spoke at length yesterday with my doc. I’m gonna do it I think. I’ve been fat since my girlfriend dumped my when I was in college. I’m 49 now. I’m 5’7 and 220. My blood pressure is slowly bumping up against upper normal, I’m tired and sick of beating myself up anc shaming myself for being the chubby version of myself.

I know a couple people on this (not me) and they've had great results. The thing you hear people say is something like it eliminates food "noise". My concerns for these folks is 1. any long-term side effects and 2. What happens if they ever come off it.

Now for some, neither of those factors are big enough to not try it if their health is currently compromised but it would be the thing I personally would worry about. Not suggesting you shouldn't take it at all - just to be clear.

I will further your reply to Joe. What those two people describe to me about how they feel on the drug is very much how I feel when I do low carb/Keto. I used the analogy several years ago about weight loss/health being like a toolbox. For some people and maybe Term is one - all they need in their toolbox is willpower, some need something like fasting or Keto or Vegetarianism etc., others may need a drug like Ozempic and maybe others need even different things - surgery, meditation, etc. Ultimately the goal is to be healthy so use what you need to be successful and encourage others to do the same. There's no one size fits all for this.

Ozempic has been on the market for 6 years. Also why do you just assume people will need to come off it?

Put another way, if the cost is palatable and the long term effect negligible, why not just stay on it?

Looks like I forgot to post last week. The scale said I gained 2.6 pounds. In other words, those things I warn y'all about happened to me last week.

Perhaps that's why I was pounding around the neighborhood on a grey, blustery 44-degree morning. The scale says I lost one pound even this week. Ever forward.

I know a couple people on this (not me) and they've had great results. The thing you hear people say is something like it eliminates food "noise". My concerns for these folks is 1. any long-term side effects and 2. What happens if they ever come off it.

Now for some, neither of those factors are big enough to not try it if their health is currently compromised but it would be the thing I personally would worry about. Not suggesting you shouldn't take it at all - just to be clear.

I will further your reply to Joe. What those two people describe to me about how they feel on the drug is very much how I feel when I do low carb/Keto. I used the analogy several years ago about weight loss/health being like a toolbox. For some people and maybe Term is one - all they need in their toolbox is willpower, some need something like fasting or Keto or Vegetarianism etc., others may need a drug like Ozempic and maybe others need even different things - surgery, meditation, etc. Ultimately the goal is to be healthy so use what you need to be successful and encourage others to do the same. There's no one size fits all for this.
Drugs like Wegovy, called GLP-1 agonists, have been around since 2005. They have well known side effects (mostly nausea/vomiting, bowel changes, GI distress) and some rare AEs (pancreatitis, possibly increased risk of pancreatic/thyroid cancer?), but their overall safety and tolerability are excellent. Moreover, they have many positive effects in people taking them long term, independent of weight loss, including decreased cardiovascular (heart attack, heart failure, stroke) and kidney disease, plus all cause mortality. There is an ongoing study looking at their role in Parkinson disease, too.

When you consider the weight loss attained with GLP-1 agonists is better than most people achieve with lifestyle modification alone, we probably should be more open to incorporating the drugs into obesity treatment. As far as I know, stopping the med will eventually result in regaining weight, but it's likely easier to be compliant with a once weekly shot than diet. Ideally, we should approach weight loss from all angles, reserving surgery for those who fail lifestyle + medical management.

Did Otis lose with the potatoes or not?
Can’t speak for Otis, but I have been losing weight with potatoes being the centerpiece of my diet. I think Otis’ was only potatoes, but I’ve been doing a lot of potato hashes since it it easy to add simple ingredients that don’t interfere with my elimination diet.

Diced potatoes, diced bell pepper, chopped mushrooms, chopped spinach, chicken sausage. Sauté it up and add some avocado and hot sauce.

Can’t speak for Otis, but I have been losing weight with potatoes being the centerpiece of my diet. I think Otis’ was only potatoes, but I’ve been doing a lot of potato hashes since it it easy to add simple ingredients that don’t interfere with my elimination diet.

Diced potatoes, diced bell pepper, chopped mushrooms, chopped spinach, chicken sausage. Sauté it up and add some avocado and hot sauce.

Interesting. Can you elaborate? What does the daily diet look like? What kind of total calories and what's your height / weight and what are your fitness goals?

Interesting. Can you elaborate? What does the daily diet look like? What kind of total calories and what's your height / weight and what are your fitness goals?
I don’t count calories. I probably have a variation of the above hash for either breakfast or lunch every day.

Breakfast:
Potato hash w/ fruit (oranges this time of year due to my tree)
Smoothie
Rice cereal w/ unsweetened oat milk and fruit
Steel cut oats w/ fresh or frozen berries

Lunch:
Potato hash
Burrito bowl (brown rice, beans, fajita veggies, lean protein, and salsa over a bed of lettuce or kale)

Snack:
Potato “chips” (oven roasted thin cut rounds) with cucumber, carrot and bell pepper dipped in hummus

Dinner:
Roasted chicken thighs w/ brocolli and roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes
Lentil or chickpea pasta w/ vegetables
Vegetable soup (I have a bunch of different ones I make)

I’m 6’0” 228lbs. I started the year at 239lbs. Admittedly the weight loss hasn’t come as fast as I was hoping for, but it’s been a consistent 1ish pounds per week with a couple times it’s plateaued.

My fitness goal right now is to train for a mountain bike race in April. My power output is higher than at this point last year, but i am also carrying around an extra 30lbs so my power to weight ratio is probably worse. Last April on race day I was around 190. I was training to do another race in July and got my weight down to 180 and my power output was about 20% higher than where I am now…. then Covid hit me and derailed everything. It took me a month before I could climb up one of the very moderate hills that I train on without my heart feeling like it was going to shatter my rib cage from beating so hard. Once I finally felt like I was recovering (about a month later) then I got hit with the flu and it absolutely wiped the floor with me. It wasn’t until January that I was even able to do moderate cardio workouts without my heart racing and getting out of breath.

I set a weekly mileage goal of 75 which I’ve been crushing, but due to my cardio feeling so abnormal I started with just flat roads and Peloton. Now that my cardio is improving I’m adding more elevation into the mix, but the rainy weather is making it difficult to get out and ride hills. Last week I did 2,000 feet of climbing and would like to increase it each week. By April I’d like my weeks to be around 5,000+ feet of elevation gain.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I’m chipping away at my goals slowly but surely.

I took the plunge Monday and had my first semaglutide injection. Been reading about it for several weeks and determined it was worth taking a chance. Not morbidly obese, but I do fit the definition for obese (6'1", ~245lbs). With my 50th birthday approaching I feel like I really need to get my weight under control.

I will say that my appetite has noticeably lessened in a matter of 2 days. It's a bit unnerving to be honest. We'll see how it goes.

Did you start this? Curious how your experience has been.

I began semaglutide Monday and it's been a strange week. I began to feel the results of my first injection within 24 hours.

Far too early to endorse but thus far I'm cautiously optimistic this will work for me.

Create a 5 day meal plan with two meals plus one snack per day having a daily maximum of 1800 calories at 5% carbohydrate, 55% fat and 40% protein. Include no fish or shellfish and no rice. Only use olive oil and butter for cooking oils

Sure, here's a 5-day meal plan that meets your specifications:
Day 1: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Scrambled eggs (2 eggs) cooked with 1 tbsp butter and served with 1 medium avocado (sliced) on the side. Total calories: 506 calories, 7g carbs, 47g fat, 16g protein.
  • Snack: 1 small apple (70 calories)
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Grilled chicken breast (4 oz) seasoned with herbs and cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Served with roasted vegetables (1 cup) (zucchini, red bell pepper, onion) drizzled with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 447 calories, 10g carbs, 30g fat, 36g protein.
  • Snack: 1 cup of mixed berries (70 calories)
Day 2: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Omelet (2 eggs) with 1/2 cup spinach, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, and cooked with 1 tbsp butter. Total calories: 479 calories, 6g carbs, 40g fat, 24g protein.
  • Snack: 1 small banana (90 calories)
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Beef burger (4 oz) with lettuce and tomato on top, cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Served with sweet potato wedges (1 cup) roasted with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 524 calories, 40g carbs, 29g fat, 31g protein.
  • Snack: 1 oz almonds (170 calories)
Day 3: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Greek yogurt (1 cup) with mixed berries (1/2 cup) and 1 oz chopped nuts. Total calories: 383 calories, 14g carbs, 25g fat, 25g protein.
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Grilled chicken thigh (4 oz) with roasted vegetables (1 cup) (broccoli, cauliflower, red onion) cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 449 calories, 14g carbs, 31g fat, 27g protein.
  • Snack: 1 small pear (60 calories)
Day 4: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Low-carb pancakes (2) made with almond flour and eggs, topped with 1 tbsp butter and sugar-free maple syrup. Total calories: 424 calories, 7g carbs, 36g fat, 15g protein.
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Turkey breast (4 oz) with roasted vegetables (1 cup) (asparagus, Brussels sprouts, garlic) cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 433 calories, 16g carbs, 20g fat, 50g protein.
  • Snack: 1 oz cheddar cheese (115 calories)
Day 5: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Scrambled eggs (2) with 1/2 cup sautéed spinach and 1 oz feta cheese, cooked with 1 tbsp butter. Total calories: 391 calories, 4g carbs, 32g fat, 20g protein.
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Grilled chicken breast (4 oz) with roasted Brussels sprouts (1 cup) and roasted sweet potato (1/2 cup), cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 498 calories, 26g carbs, 27

Create a shopping list for this with approximate prices

Sure, here's a shopping list for the meal plan with approximate prices based on US prices. Please note that prices may vary depending on your location and the time of year:
Produce:
  • Avocado (5): $5
  • Spinach (10 oz): $3
  • Bell pepper (3): $3
  • Zucchini (2): $2
  • Onion (1): $1
  • Broccoli (1 head): $2
  • Cauliflower (1 head): $3
  • Garlic (1 bulb): $1
  • Asparagus (1 bunch): $4
  • Brussels sprouts (1 lb): $3
  • Sweet potato (4): $4
  • Apples (10): $10
  • Bananas (10): $2
  • Mixed berries (2 cups): $8
  • Pears (5): $5
Meat/Dairy:
  • Eggs (24): $4
  • Chicken breast (1 lb): $8
  • Chicken thighs (1 lb): $6
  • Beef burger (4 patties): $10
  • Turkey breast (1 lb): $8
  • Feta cheese (4 oz): $4
  • Cheddar cheese (8 oz): $4
  • Greek yogurt (32 oz): $5
  • Butter (8 oz): $2
  • Almonds (6 oz): $6
Pantry:
  • Almond flour (1 lb): $8
  • Sugar-free maple syrup (12 oz): $6
  • Olive oil (16 oz): $6
Total cost: $122
Please note that prices may vary based on your location and the time of year. Additionally, this is just an estimated cost based on US prices and may differ in other regions.

Last edited:
Was stuck at 228 for a couple weeks, but today the scale read 224. Funny how that works sometimes. Going to keep going with the plan. Today is a hard week on my Peloton training program, so hopefully the momentum on the scale continues. Rain in the forecast for the rest of the week and into next week, so probably not going to get any actual cycling in.

I haven’t weighed in for weeks. 196.2 today. That’s 0.8 pounds up from my last weigh in but down 3 pounds for the year. Honestly, I haven’t been trying hard enough to lose a few more pounds. I’m in a good place though. Still working out 4 X a week and trying to eat less/healthier. As always, I struggle with eating right some days. Let’s see what we can accomplish by 4-1.

Long time listener, first time caller...

TLDR: Age 59, 6' 0'', Type 2 diabetic. High cholesterol, triglycerides, family history of heart issues. December '22 weighed about 240ish. I've bounced around 235 - 255 for years. 3/11/23 I weigh 206. Down around 35 pounds in 3 1/2 months. Pant size from 40 to 34-36. How did I do it?

Step 1. Have a heart attack (early December). "Yo dude! That seems like a pretty extreme first step." I agree it is, but that is what started me down this journey. Also being in the hospital and going long periods of time without food or water made me realize that it is OK to be hungry.

Step 2. Change diet. Abs are made in the kitchen, and not in the gym. I'm not eating healthy, just "healthier" and lower portions. I stick to eating 1 serving size of a food item rather than 2 or 3 servings at a time. Really dropped the amount of cereal I was eating after I realized that I was not Jerry Seinfeld.

Step 3. Cut out the beer totally. I went on vacation and had a few, but no longer drinking otherwise, and I don't miss it.

Step 4. Exercise. I'm up to an hour of cardio 6 days per week and light lifting 3 days per week. Riding my Peloton 3 days a week (power zone program) and various exercises at the gym (lifting and elliptical) 3 days per week. I actually force myself to take a day off for recovery.

All my blood work is looking very good and I can get my heart rate up to 135 - 150 without any problems.

On NYE I was my heaviest, just over 250.

In less than 2.5 months I've lost 25lbs.

It was a combination of some health stuff, eating right, and not drinking alcohol. Haven't had a drop yet in 2023. I will eventually. But I won't go back to the way I was drinking.

Also haven't exercised this year yet. All just diet changes. Going to start exercising this month. Will continue on, looking to lose another 20 and finally get to my lowest adult weight.

It's actually been pretty easy so far.

I also bought a Hydrow rower in the first week of Jan. Still haven't tried it out yet, due to said health issues, which are now resolved. So, going to give it a whirl maybe this week. Looks pretty slick. @eaganwildcats

I've been annoyed tbat I haven't really been dropping weight, but my clothes, and to the extent I trust it, the bodyfat measurement on my scale tells me that I've pretty much just recomped fat to muscle for the last 7 months on so. Which somehow leaves me wearing 36 inch waist jeans despite weighing nearly three bills at 5' 10". I've definitely gotten a lot stronger, though I still struggle with the intense HIIT-style cardio stations in my workouts. I'm probably the strongest I've ever been in my life at 51-years old, though I'm sure the testosterone therapy is a big help. I'll probably still try to cut into the summer if I can stand not making any more gains for a few months.

Most importantly, my diabetes is still completely managed.

It was a combination of some health stuff, eating right, and not drinking alcohol. Haven't had a drop yet in 2023. I will eventually. But I won't go back to the way I was drinking.

Also haven't exercised this year yet. All just diet changes. Going to start exercising this month. Will continue on, looking to lose another 20 and finally get to my lowest adult weight.

So you're still on the spuds? What's your daily intake look like?

Nicely done. You know your success isn’t very entertaining though.

So you're still on the spuds? What's your daily intake look like?

Honestly, no spuds. Had some surgery earlier in the year and it put me on the track to hydrating and eating well. Lots of salads, and smoothies, and water. Sort of, like, healthy eating. Turns out, that matters.

Trying to avoid added sugars and white carbs (sugars). That's the big thing. Also gave up alcohol for the year.

Although, fun fact: tonight I had my first drink of 2023. St. Paddy's Day. I drank a whole bottle of Silver Oak Cabernet by myself. It was glorious. I've enjoyed the good sleep and mental acuity to this point, but man, am I relaxed right now. Also had some chocolate and pizza tonight. I'm not going back to drinking like I was, or eating like ****, but it's nice to just dump off and enjoy after a couple months.

Anyway, my plan starting perhaps this week, once cleared by the doc, is to begin working out. I have my hydro rower (hi @eaganwildcats) that I've just tested once, looks cool. So I'll try jogging and that. Maybe eventually I'll get back to lifting weights, I dunno. But, major key for me is alcohol. Other than special occasions, like vacations, holidays, a dinner out, I won't be drinking. And sugar and junk will be a rarity. My weight loss seemingly has plateaud around 20-25lbs off, and I'd still like to lose another 10-20 at least, so, still work to do. Mrs. O says I'm getting too gangly and skinny, but she's just being nice -- I still have a gut, and would like to have a totally flat stomach and be in legit good shape. Not too far off.

i was just in park city for a week. Drinks. Absolutely all of em. I’ve had 1.5 glasses of work related wine since being home(a week). not going to drink for a while. i want to lose 8 lbs. no booze should do the trick. Still going to LIFETIME. Still not doing yoga. 😂

Create a 5 day meal plan with two meals plus one snack per day having a daily maximum of 1800 calories at 5% carbohydrate, 55% fat and 40% protein. Include no fish or shellfish and no rice. Only use olive oil and butter for cooking oils

Sure, here's a 5-day meal plan that meets your specifications:
Day 1: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Scrambled eggs (2 eggs) cooked with 1 tbsp butter and served with 1 medium avocado (sliced) on the side. Total calories: 506 calories, 7g carbs, 47g fat, 16g protein.
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Grilled chicken breast (4 oz) seasoned with herbs and cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Served with roasted vegetables (1 cup) (zucchini, red bell pepper, onion) drizzled with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 447 calories, 10g carbs, 30g fat, 36g protein.
  • Snack: 1 cup of mixed berries (70 calories)
Day 2: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Omelet (2 eggs) with 1/2 cup spinach, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, and cooked with 1 tbsp butter. Total calories: 479 calories, 6g carbs, 40g fat, 24g protein.
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Beef burger (4 oz) with lettuce and tomato on top, cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Served with sweet potato wedges (1 cup) roasted with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 524 calories, 40g carbs, 29g fat, 31g protein.
  • Snack: 1 oz almonds (170 calories)
Day 3: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Greek yogurt (1 cup) with mixed berries (1/2 cup) and 1 oz chopped nuts. Total calories: 383 calories, 14g carbs, 25g fat, 25g protein.
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Grilled chicken thigh (4 oz) with roasted vegetables (1 cup) (broccoli, cauliflower, red onion) cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 449 calories, 14g carbs, 31g fat, 27g protein.
  • Snack: 1 small pear (60 calories)
Day 4: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Low-carb pancakes (2) made with almond flour and eggs, topped with 1 tbsp butter and sugar-free maple syrup. Total calories: 424 calories, 7g carbs, 36g fat, 15g protein.
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Turkey breast (4 oz) with roasted vegetables (1 cup) (asparagus, Brussels sprouts, garlic) cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 433 calories, 16g carbs, 20g fat, 50g protein.
  • Snack: 1 oz cheddar cheese (115 calories)
Day 5: Meal 1 (Breakfast):
  • Scrambled eggs (2) with 1/2 cup sautéed spinach and 1 oz feta cheese, cooked with 1 tbsp butter. Total calories: 391 calories, 4g carbs, 32g fat, 20g protein.
Meal 2 (Lunch):
  • Grilled chicken breast (4 oz) with roasted Brussels sprouts (1 cup) and roasted sweet potato (1/2 cup), cooked with 1 tbsp olive oil. Total calories: 498 calories, 26g carbs, 27

Create a shopping list for this with approximate prices

Sure, here's a shopping list for the meal plan with approximate prices based on US prices. Please note that prices may vary depending on your location and the time of year:
Produce:
  • Avocado (5): $5
  • Spinach (10 oz): $3
  • Bell pepper (3): $3
  • Zucchini (2): $2
  • Onion (1): $1
  • Broccoli (1 head): $2
  • Cauliflower (1 head): $3
  • Garlic (1 bulb): $1
  • Asparagus (1 bunch): $4
  • Brussels sprouts (1 lb): $3
  • Sweet potato (4): $4
  • Apples (10): $10
  • Bananas (10): $2
  • Mixed berries (2 cups): $8
  • Pears (5): $5
Meat/Dairy:
  • Eggs (24): $4
  • Chicken breast (1 lb): $8
  • Chicken thighs (1 lb): $6
  • Beef burger (4 patties): $10
  • Turkey breast (1 lb): $8
  • Feta cheese (4 oz): $4
  • Cheddar cheese (8 oz): $4
  • Greek yogurt (32 oz): $5
  • Butter (8 oz): $2
  • Almonds (6 oz): $6
Pantry:
  • Almond flour (1 lb): $8
  • Sugar-free maple syrup (12 oz): $6
  • Olive oil (16 oz): $6
Total cost: $122
Please note that prices may vary based on your location and the time of year. Additionally, this is just an estimated cost based on US prices and may differ in other regions.
Looks like you did this with ChatGPT. I was curious what it would concoct for a healthier diet, based on Blue Zone macronutrient composition. I also bumped up the calories a bit, to 2000, as 1800 is pretty restrictive for an average sized male.
Here's a 5-day meal plan based on the specifications you provided:

Day 1

Meal 1:

• 1 cup of oatmeal with sliced banana and almond milk
  • 1 boiled egg
Snack:

• 1 medium apple
  • 1 tbsp of almond butter
Meal 2:

• 1 cup of brown rice
  • 1/2 cup of black beans
  • 1/2 avocado
  • Salsa
Day 2

Meal 1:

• 1 slice of whole-grain toast with 1 tbsp of peanut butter
  • 1 medium-sized orange
Snack:

• 1 cup of sliced carrots
  • 1/4 cup of hummus
Meal 2:

• 1 cup of quinoa
  • 1/2 cup of chickpeas
  • 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli
  • 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
Day 3

Meal 1:

• 1 cup of non-dairy yogurt with mixed berries
  • 1/4 cup of granola
Snack:

• 1 medium pear
  • 1 oz of walnuts
Meal 2:

• 1 cup of baked sweet potato
  • 1/2 cup of sautéed kale
  • 1/2 cup of grilled tofu
Day 4

Meal 1:

• 1 cup of soy milk with 1 scoop of protein powder
  • 1/2 cup of mixed berries
Snack:

• 1 medium banana
  • 1 tbsp of chia seeds
Meal 2:

• 1 cup of lentil soup
  • 1 slice of whole-grain bread
Day 5

Meal 1:

• 1 cup of non-dairy yogurt with sliced peaches
  • 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
Snack:

• 1 medium apple
  • 1 oz of cashews
Meal 2:

• 1 cup of vegetable stir-fry with tofu and brown rice
These meals provide a total of 2000 calories per day, with approximately 65% of calories from carbohydrates, 20% from fats, and 15% from proteins. You can adjust the portion sizes based on your individual caloric needs and preferences.
Interestingly, even at the higher calorie count, the ingredients are cheaper:
Here is a shopping list for the 5-day meal plan:

Grains and Starches:

• Oatmeal ($3.50)
  • Brown Rice ($4)
  • Quinoa ($5)
  • Whole-grain Bread ($3)
Proteins:

• Eggs ($3)
  • Black Beans ($1.50)
  • Chickpeas ($1.50)
  • Tofu ($3)
  • Lentils ($2.50)
Fruits and Vegetables:

• Bananas ($2)
  • Oranges ($2.50)
  • Apples ($2)
  • Pears ($2.50)
  • Mixed Berries ($5)
  • Peaches ($3)
  • Carrots ($2)
  • Broccoli ($3)
  • Kale ($2.50)
  • Avocado ($2)
  • Salsa ($3)
Nuts and Seeds:

• Almond Butter ($5)
  • Almonds ($3.50)
  • Walnuts ($4)
  • Cashews ($4)
  • Chia Seeds ($2.50)
Dairy Alternatives:

• Almond Milk ($3)
  • Soy Milk ($3.50)
  • Non-Dairy Yogurt ($5)
Other:

• Hummus ($4)
  • Protein Powder ($15)
  • Granola ($5)
The approximate total cost for the ingredients is $84.50. Keep in mind that the prices may vary depending on where you live and where you shop.

Finally hit sub 200 lbs for the first time since college. Down over 40 lbs since beginning December 2022.
40lbs in less than 4 months?? What’s an average week look like for you, both good and exercise-wise? I’m down about 35lbs, but it’s been about a year, and I’ve been stuck around 215 for months.

Forgot to record my weight this week. 3-20-23: 195,4. Down 0.8 pounds this week and back to my low point of 2023. Still have a few pounds to lose and will continue with the simple plan of eating better and moving more. Summer is approaching quickly.

Finally hit sub 200 lbs for the first time since college. Down over 40 lbs since beginning December 2022.
40lbs in less than 4 months?? What’s an average week look like for you, both good and exercise-wise? I’m down about 35lbs, but it’s been about a year, and I’ve been stuck around 215 for months.
I'm just eating healthier--not healthy. I have cut out beer, baked goods, and eating too much cereal. I could have given a master class on how to put on weight. My treats now are no sugar added fruit cups and sugar free pudding. I try and keep my calories below 1700. Since mid January, I exercise an hour to and 1 1/2 hours six days per week. My goal is to burn 800 - 1000 calories a day. Calories in < Calories out.

Since late February, I have lost about 10 pounds. I expect this to slow down a good bit even if I keep up my current activity.

Played basketball for the second time this year and I am a shell of former self. My best attributes are relentless hustle on defense and driving to the lane on offense and right now that's unavailable. I can only play offense or defense, not both, or I'm gassed. My mind says "cut to the basket!" but my legs are like, "in a minute".

This is embarrassing and just the motivation I needed. I've worked out everyday since and cut back on the excess food.

Need to lose/convert ~12-15 lbs to muscle and run 3 miles every other day. I have to walk half of it because of the cardio.

Forgot to post, but last week I lost the 1.7 pounds I had gained the previous week. There will be no weigh-in this week, as I will be in Vegas, but I am fully responsible for the number on the scale on 4/8.

I took the plunge Monday and had my first semaglutide injection. Been reading about it for several weeks and determined it was worth taking a chance. Not morbidly obese, but I do fit the definition for obese (6'1", ~245lbs). With my 50th birthday approaching I feel like I really need to get my weight under control.

I will say that my appetite has noticeably lessened in a matter of 2 days. It's a bit unnerving to be honest. We'll see how it goes.

Reading up on this drug, I'm learning that it quells the user's desire for alcohol (and smoking cigs). Have you found that to be true if applicable? Man, if this drug can solve obesity and over drinking, it's gotta be close to a miracle drug, no?

Reading up on this drug, I'm learning that it quells the user's desire for alcohol (and smoking cigs). Have you found that to be true if applicable? Man, if this drug can solve obesity and over drinking, it's gotta be close to a miracle drug, no?
Turns out, appetite is not my issue. Eating is. I love to eat. Hungry or not.

Also, if there were a drug that made me not love eating... not sure I would want to take it.

Turns out, appetite is not my issue. Eating is. I love to eat. Hungry or not.

Also, if there were a drug that made me not love eating... not sure I would want to take it.

Yeah, but you're not a fat sack of pretzel dough like I am. Eat on, Kee.

Need to lose/convert ~12-15 lbs to muscle and run 3 miles every other day. I have to walk half of it because of the cardio.
One thing I’ve learned is that when it comes to explosive, full-body movement, my body doesn’t give a **** that I’ve converted 25 lbs of fat to muscle.

Anytime I do something like plyometric lunges, my legs say, “uh, FYI, 25 lbs of muscle feels the same as 25 lbs of fat to us, so it’s gonna be a no for us, Dawg.”

One thing I’ve learned is that when it comes to explosive, full-body movement, my body doesn’t give a **** that I’ve converted 25 lbs of fat to muscle.

Anytime I do something like plyometric lunges, my legs say, “uh, FYI, 25 lbs of muscle feels the same as 25 lbs of fat to us, so it’s gonna be a no for us, Dawg.”
I know what you mean. I hate jumping more than stretching.

When I said run 3 miles every other day….. that was more of a suggestion or an affirmation. really. :lmao:

It’s been a week since that post. I’ve worked out 5 of those days in one fashion or another.

IIRC I:

- 40/60 ran/walked about 2 miles.
- Free weights first time 1 set of 16-25x (about 6 different types)
-took a rest day but helped but down a small tree
-rode my bike about 10 miles
-Free weights 2 went fairly intense since I didn’t overdo it the first time. Jumped rope.

I will probably take it easy today. My calves are sore to the touch, likely from jumping rope.

My eating habits have been poor. Need to clean that up. I have been consuming some water but not nearly enough.

Forgot to record my weight this week. 3-20-23: 195,4. Down 0.8 pounds this week and back to my low point of 2023. Still have a few pounds to lose and will continue with the simple plan of eating better and moving more. Summer is approaching quickly.
3-27-23: 194.8. Down 0.6 pounds this week and at my lowest weight of the year so far. I started finishing my basement Saturday and have been definitely been moving more and eating less.

apparently I'm not meant to lose weight. started ozempic and tracked what i eat three months ago. my eating is the healthiest it's been in 15+ years and I've started lifting weights 2-3x a week two months ago.

I've gained 10 lbs and 2 pants no longer fit. wtf.

I saw 200.5 on the scale today for the first time in almost a decade, not quite the "starts with a 1" goal I have been fantasizing about for years but basically one poop away.

The year started in the 220s, I am on day number 88 of no alcohol (Jan 2, shooting for 100 days) and have fasted at least 24 hours on 29 days since mid Jan (mostly 24s, a handful of 48s, a couple 72s, and one 96 hour that nearly brought me to tears during the last 2 hours thanks to GMs veggie pizza post).

Unfortunately, I have been lazy as hell this year. 1 run, 2 walks, 2 hikes for a combined <10 miles :lol: but aim to ramp that up starting this weekend. I blame the above average rain and snow, but spring has sprung and it is sunny and low 60s now so no excuses, plus backpacking season is almost here and I need to get in shape. Also planning to switch to a lazy keto or salads/smoothies routine as soon as I see <200 on the scale to get me down to 185, hopefully by late May. With a bunch of 24 and 48 hour fasts thrown in.
That is impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread