What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots RB (1 Viewer)

duaneok66

Footballguy
After last week's events, this thread (like many others) is basically pure speculation. But that is what we do.

The Pats have four backs.

Simple question: what is their value (in order) for the rest of the season??

My take:

1. Vereen

2. Bolden

3. Ridley

4. Blount

Vereen is doing really well since his return, and he got ten carries last week. Bolden did well last week after fumbles by Blount and Ridley - why would Bill go away from that??

Still, its a mess, and I wanted to get other opinions.

I would say:

1) Vereen

2) Ridley

3) Bolden

4) Blount

Vereen's role is established and is clearly more stable and has a higher floor than any other RB on the roster.

Ridley, despite his fumbling woes I think will get another shot and over the course of the rest of the season will likely be more valuable than Bolden. I'd guess the split will be about 60-40 between them. I would guess that their production will be so watered down and unreliable that they won't have much value unless completely desperate.

Blount will get the leftover trash when the game is lopsided.

I dropped Bolden last week, and I have no regrets. Trying to predict whether Bolden is lineup worthy any week is an exercise in futility. Vereen is the only safe start, especially in PPR. I still believe Ridley is the best runner of the other three backs, and I expect him to work his way way back into Belichick's good graces, rendering both Bolden and Blount essentially valueless. Unless and until Ridley earns back the lion's share of touches, he cannot be counted on, however.

If I had to rank them, it would look like this:

1. Vereen

2. Ridley

3. Bolden

4. Blount

I agree, however, this is probably a mess to avoid, aside from Vereen in PPR.

The fumbles obviously skewed these numbers - but here are the week 12 Snap Percentages.

Vereen 53%

Bolden 39%

Ridley 6%

Blount 2%

If you are starting any RB aside from Vereen @ flex, you're in trouble and probably a longshot to make your FF playoffs.

Ridley got some work and Bolden was out (for whatever reason).

Vereen is the clear #1.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out in 2014.

Vereen is the clear #1.

certainly an unknown with Gronk's injury but the way Vereen is playing he's looking like he most valuable player outside of Brady at this point.

Vereen is the clear #1.

certainly an unknown with Gronk's injury but the way Vereen is playing he's looking like he most valuable player outside of Brady at this point.
I'm curious how Gronk's injury may change the gameplan. This might give Ridley a chance to carry the ball?

Users who are viewing this thread