What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Might have been a little early for Jones, but I needed one and I really like him this year.

If there is a wr available that either of you like more than Jones then bring it; we can put $5 on it :boxing:
I'm game. I'll wait 'til he gets selected in your league, though ;)

Might have been a little early for Jones, but I needed one and I really like him this year.

If there is a wr available that either of you like more than Jones then bring it; we can put $5 on it :boxing:
I'm game. I'll wait 'til he gets selected in your league, though ;)
I got Jones at 8.15 and thought it was a steal in this format. His ADP was 6.07 in the WSLs. Has his situation really changed that much?

Might have been a little early for Jones, but I needed a wr and I really like him this year.

there were a couple I liked more

Terrance Williams is the guy I hated passing on at the turn. NIce choice shadow
I took Maclin over Sanders and Williams and have a little buyer's remorse. I am very intrigued what Maclin can do in the Kelly offense, but ignored the fact he is coming off injury. I can take the chance based on the fact I have Green and Marshall, but not sure there is much upside of a healthy, clicking Maclin over a guy like Sanders or Williams.

1.07 Peyton Manning QB1

2.10 Arian Foster RB12

7.07 Darren Sproles RB31

3.07 Vincent Jackson WR16

4.10 Roddy White WR24

6.10 Terrence Williams WR34

5.07 Kyle Rudolph TE10

I didn't heed the fine print -- prior performance does not guarantee future performance. I need Peyton to prove again why he deserves to go so high and Rudolph to next that next step with Norv. RBs are shaky but Foster's surgery now seems minor (maybe the rest will do him good) and Phi had to bring in Sproles for a reason, right? Roddy is being criminally undervalued in these leagues. He's WR10-15. He's going to be on a lot of my teams this year if he stays this way.

For ####s and giggles, my other hindsight team:

Brees

Lacy

Sproles

White

Maclin

T Williams

Julius Thomas

Man, I like that team much much more.

1.07 Peyton Manning QB1

2.10 Arian Foster RB12

7.07 Darren Sproles RB31

4.10 Roddy White WR24

5.07 Kyle Rudolph TE10

I didn't heed the fine print -- prior performance does not guarantee future performance. I need Peyton to prove again why he deserves to go so high and Rudolph to next that next step with Norv. RBs are shaky but Foster's surgery now seems minor (maybe the rest will do him good) and Phi had to bring in Sproles for a reason, right? Roddy is being criminally undervalued in these leagues. He's WR10-15. He's going to be on a lot of my teams this year if he stays this way.

Brees

Lacy

Sproles

White

Maclin

T Williams

Julius Thomas

Interesting as your hindsight team has two guys I selected (Julius Thomas and Maclin), likely because we pick next to one another...why I say it is funny is, my initial thought after grabbing Maclin was "wish I selected Williams". You are 100% right about Roddy...after going WR/WR/TE in the first three rounds, Roddy was staring at me and I felt the pressure to grab a RB who I thought would get the majority of the carries in Richardson...with that said, it would not surprise me at all if Roddy outperforms Richardson by 75+ points (which just stings). Green, Marshall & White would have been a sick WR corps.

1.07 Peyton Manning QB1

2.10 Arian Foster RB12

7.07 Darren Sproles RB31

4.10 Roddy White WR24

5.07 Kyle Rudolph TE10

Brees

Lacy

Sproles

White

Maclin

T Williams

Julius Thomas

Interesting as your hindsight team has two guys I selected (Julius Thomas and Maclin), likely because we pick next to one another...why I say it is funny is, my initial thought after grabbing Maclin was "wish I selected Williams". You are 100% right about Roddy...after going WR/WR/TE in the first three rounds, Roddy was staring at me and I felt the pressure to grab a RB who I thought would get the majority of the carries in Richardson...with that said, it would not surprise me at all if Roddy outperforms Richardson by 75+ points (which just stings). Green, Marshall & White would have been a sick WR corps.
Since we do pick next to each other, we probably are targeting a lot of the same same guys (except Richardson...after last year, he's dead to me). I mentioned before I almost picked JT in the 3rd. I really like Maclin this year and him and Williams and I'll be looking to draft both of them in my leagues this year. You saved me from having to make a choice between them.

Rivers

Bernard/Vereen/Joique Bell

DThomas/Shorts/Boldin

Witten

Some landmines hopefully averted. Sketchy choices there at the 3/4 turn.
Updated. Hated passing on a particular WR here and flirted with waiting till 7.16 for QB1 but didn't have the stones. Still PPR gold at RB here. Gotta get to work on WR now.
Love the Shorts/Boldin turn for you.
Yep, these were both on my short list.

We're 2 rounds behind PDSL2 and 6 rounds behind PDSL1. oof

I'm usually the last person to complain about the pace of the draft but can we pick it up just a tad? Bass is going to shorten our clocks before we even get to Round 10.

Rivers

Bernard/Vereen/Joique Bell

DThomas/Shorts/Boldin

Witten

Updated. Hated passing on a particular WR here and flirted with waiting till 7.16 for QB1 but didn't have the stones. Still PPR gold at RB here. Gotta get to work on WR now.
Love the Shorts/Boldin turn for you.
Yep, these were both on my short list.
Thanks obviously targetting the PPR bonus

01.14 WR Julio Jones Atlanta Falcons02.03 RB DeMarco Murray Dallas Cowboys03.14 TE Vernon Davis San Francisco 49ers04.03 WR Wes Welker Denver Broncos05.14 RB Steven Jackson Atlanta Falcons06.03 QB Jay Cutler Chicago Bears07.14 WR Golden Tate Detroit Lions08.03 WR Dwayne Bowe Kansas City ChiefsConflicted beyond reason about grabbing a second QB at the seven/eight turn, but ultimately decided against it. I'll probably regret not pairing my low end QB1 with a safe QB2, but I'll nurse that particular sunburn with my WR aloe vera.

We're 2 rounds behind PDSL2 and 6 rounds behind PDSL1. oof

I'm usually the last person to complain about the pace of the draft but can we pick it up just a tad? Bass is going to shorten our clocks before we even get to Round 10.
I agree, it has been disappointing from the start and it just continues.

01.14 WR Julio Jones Atlanta Falcons02.03 RB DeMarco Murray Dallas Cowboys03.14 TE Vernon Davis San Francisco 49ers04.03 WR Wes Welker Denver Broncos05.14 RB Steven Jackson Atlanta Falcons06.03 QB Jay Cutler Chicago Bears07.14 WR Golden Tate Detroit Lions08.03 WR Dwayne Bowe Kansas City ChiefsConflicted beyond reason about grabbing a second QB at the seven/eight turn, but ultimately decided against it. I'll probably regret not pairing my low end QB1 with a safe QB2, but I'll nurse that particular sunburn with my WR aloe vera.
I really like this team. You have a WR, QB, TE, and RB that could each potentially end the season top 5-7. I don't see QB as a weakness for you yet, but then it is not my personal MO to go after QBs in this format (I won SSL 1 last year with Vick, Geno and Flynn as my QBs). I think your wildcard is Steven Jackson. I am not big on him this year (I think he'll hobble his way to 500 yards and 4 TDs), BUT if he can squeeze out a 1k yard or high TD season, you have a great starting lineup.

This really is getting ridiculous, wth is wrong with this group???

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely need to step it up or we'll be tripping over each other to the podium to announce picks...

As slow as you guys are you are on almost a round a day pace. The NFL draft isn't for almost 3 weeks. While the latter part of the draft will probably be slower I really don't see much wrong with your pace. FYI - we are 6.5 rounds ahead of you and we still have some complaining going on.

Sent Gamma a pre draft list so if by some miracle we get to my pick tonight you can PM him when it is my turn.

I am guessing we have a big mix of time zones/work schedules for people drafting. There seems to be a couple of people that draft in the middle of the night, but not available during day hours (no big deal). We are picking up the pace (about 13 picks each day on Sat and Sun) and with that pace, we are better than fine. Personally, while my clock as been quick between 7:00am and 10:30pm, I have been caught a couple of times where Shadowfax or Nugget pick at 11:30 or so, and I have held it up until the morning. Normally, no big deal, but with a few people with non-conventional schedules, it makes a difference if I can get my pick in late (like last night), so the train keeps rolling.

I have a feeling come Fall, we are going to look at Duckboy's 10/11 turn and be shocked that he got away with Ivory/Mason at that point in the draft. I picked Hartline about 7 picks prior (because I could not pass up the value and thought the rest of the guys on my list for WR would be gone...which they are now), but I was really eyeballing Ivory for the past couple of rounds and am going to pay for passing him up.

For my team, so far I am deepest at WR and TE:

TE:

Julius Thomas

Garrett Graham

WR:

AJ Green

Brandon Marshall

Jeremy Maclin

Brian Hartline

I'd be happy with those positions in a 12 teamer...with that said, it is all give-and take, so I have the following at QB and RB:

QB:

Ryan Tannehill

Michael Vick

RB:

Trent Richardson

Toby Gerhardt

Pierre Thomas

I can live with the QBs (I've gone into these Survivor drafts with worse at QB and done fine), but RB looks shaky at best. I am betting on Richardson, which is not smart. My group would look a lot better with Ivory as my RB 4, and I can tell off the bat, I am going to regret taking Toby with with Chris Johnson still on the board. In the end, I just need Toby and Trent to grind their way to 1000 yards with 6+ TDs each (kind of a tall order). This will get interesting to say the least...

I have a feeling come Fall, we are going to look at Duckboy's 10/11 turn and be shocked that he got away with Ivory/Mason at that point in the draft. I picked Hartline about 7 picks prior (because I could not pass up the value and thought the rest of the guys on my list for WR would be gone...which they are now), but I was really eyeballing Ivory for the past couple of rounds and am going to pay for passing him up.

For my team, so far I am deepest at WR and TE:

TE:

Julius Thomas

Garrett Graham

WR:

AJ Green

Brandon Marshall

Jeremy Maclin

Brian Hartline

I'd be happy with those positions in a 12 teamer...with that said, it is all give-and take, so I have the following at QB and RB:

QB:

Ryan Tannehill

Michael Vick

RB:

Trent Richardson

Toby Gerhardt

Pierre Thomas

I can live with the QBs (I've gone into these Survivor drafts with worse at QB and done fine), but RB looks shaky at best. I am betting on Richardson, which is not smart. My group would look a lot better with Ivory as my RB 4, and I can tell off the bat, I am going to regret taking Toby with with Chris Johnson still on the board. In the end, I just need Toby and Trent to grind their way to 1000 yards with 6+ TDs each (kind of a tall order). This will get interesting to say the least...
Not sure I look at survivor leagues from this angle.....your 4th and 5th picks grinding out 1000 yards and 6 TD's by the end of the year doesn't help much if they get most of it after you are eliminated.....I really don't know what the perfect formula and balance is, but this just kind of struck me when I read it....I guess it's doable if the rest of your team brings their A game every week....

I just approach it in a way that while I can't have the lowest score, I don't need the highest score. I don't love those two (which is partially my worry), but i know they are both starting unless injury strikes. I will get weak weeks where they combine for 15 points, and likely Thomas will pick up a little slack, but the floor will be 15, and that is the angle I am taking.

ETA: My thought is that they will have similar numbers from week 1 since they are starting versus a rookie or PT back who may not get the nod until week 7...when I am eliminated.

Rivers 10 / McCown 7

Bernard 4 / Vereen 10 / Joique Bell 9 / devonta freeman ? / Storm Johnson ?

DThomas 4 / Shorts 11 / Boldin 8 / James Jones 5 / HDouglas 9 / LMoore 12 / Latimer ?

Witten 11 / Griffin 10

Chiefs 6 / Jets 11

Tucker 11 / Sturgis 5

Wound up traveling for work the last 4 rounds and mailed it in. Pretty happy overall. Anxious for next weekend to see where the late round darts land.

Holy run on rookies, Batman! 4 out of the last 5 picks!

And would you guys quit sniping the people on my list! I thought for sure a couple of those rookies might last to my next pick! :rant:

5.05 Robert Griffin III, QB10, WAS

7.05 Ben Roethlisberger, QB17, PIT

I like the combo to give me good upside with a decent floor assuming RGIII isn't a total bust this year. Didn't have to spend a premium pick on either

2.12 CJ Spiller, RB13, BUF

3.05 Ryan Matthews, RB16, SD

10.12 DeAngelo Williams, RB45, CAR

There are some big dropoffs quickly in RBs this year. Not thrilled with this group but all three should get decent touches each game and Spiller is always a homerun threat,

1.05 Calvin Johnson, WR1, DET

4.12 TY Hilton, WR25, IND

8.12 Tavon Austin, WR47, STL

11.05 Denarius Moore, WR61, OAK

Calvin, and then boom or bust. Hilton and Austin should be inconsistent but good for some big games. I think having Wayne/Nicks in Indy could help Hilton's consistency but we'll see

6.12 Martellus Bennett, TE13, CHI

9.05 Jared Cook, TE20, STL

Good value I thought for both and I think both will outperform their position.

12.12 CARDINALS DST9

13.05 Bears DEF

There's a large pool of defenses after the first 6 or so.

Flame away if you will; there certainly were lots of choices other than taking the first kicker. However, none of those choices were a lock to finish in the top 5, or maybe even #1 at their position. There will still be plenty of swing for the fence and fill in guys to take later on (lord knows I think my team is gonna need em :unsure: )

01.14 WR Julio Jones Atlanta Falcons02.03 RB DeMarco Murray Dallas Cowboys03.14 TE Vernon Davis San Francisco 49ers04.03 WR Wes Welker Denver Broncos05.14 RB Steven Jackson Atlanta Falcons06.03 QB Jay Cutler Chicago Bears07.14 WR Golden Tate Detroit Lions08.03 WR Dwayne Bowe Kansas City Chiefs09.14 QB Brian Hoyer Cleveland Browns10.03 TE Travis Kelce Kansas City Chiefs11.14 RB Roy Helu Washington Redskins12.03 D/ST St. Louis RamsA few thoughts before my 13th round selection.

Hoyer is an iffy at best second QB. There is a lot of justifiable smoke around Cleveland taking a signal caller early in the draft. I have to hope Hoyer's small sample size performance last year is enough to either 1) convince the new Browns' brass to pick up a lower round signal caller that won't be handed the starting job from day one or 2) beat out any and all comers, including one of the big three (Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles). The first round of the draft will be significant for Hoyer. Oh yeah and he is coming back from an ACL injury. I'm really unselling myself right now.

Kelce is getting a bit of buzz as a move TE for Kansas City, whose offense really came alive late last season. I guess I'm buying that performance as I have two of their pass catchers on this PDSL squad.

There is also a bit of chatter about Helu seeing an increased role in Gruden's offense, where some think the new head coach favors a pass catching back. Alfred Morris ain't that guy. I love Alf but there is always the concern that he may prove to be a Shanaback. If Helu sees the field more than just on third downs, I like him as my third back in this PPR setup.

I was down to the Rams and Cardinals D/ST in the 12th. Not sure why I took St. Louis over Arizona.

01.14 WR Julio Jones Atlanta Falcons 902.03 RB DeMarco Murray Dallas Cowboys 1103.14 TE Vernon Davis San Francisco 49ers 804.03 WR Wes Welker Denver Broncos 405.14 RB Steven Jackson Atlanta Falcons 906.03 QB Jay Cutler Chicago Bears 907.14 WR Golden Tate Detroit Lions 908.03 WR Dwayne Bowe Kansas City Chiefs 609.14 QB Brian Hoyer Cleveland Browns 410.03 TE Travis Kelce Kansas City Chiefs 611.14 RB Roy Helu Washington Redskins 1012.03 DST St. Louis Rams 413.14 PK Steven Hauschka Seattle Seahawks 414.03 WR Jerricho Cotchery Carolina Panthers 12 Added the bye weeks.

At the 13/14 turn I picked up an upper end kicker and Jerricho Cotchery, who I expect to lead the Panthers WR corps. For whatever that's worth. His contract and the lack of competition around him should mean he'll get WR5 type numbers more often than not. True, the Panthers are near certain locks to draft a receiver or two in the draft, but that doesn't mean they'll be starting in front of Cotch, at least not right away.

Another look at the squad by position.

Code:
06.03	QB	Jay Cutler	  Chicago Bears		909.14	QB	Brian Hoyer	  Cleveland Browns	402.03	RB	DeMarco Murray	  Dallas Cowboys	1105.14	RB	Steven Jackson	  Atlanta Falcons	911.14	RB	Roy Helu	  Washington Redskins	1001.14	WR 	Julio Jones	  Atlanta Falcons	904.03	WR	Wes Welker	  Denver Broncos	407.14	WR	Golden Tate	  Detroit Lions		908.03	WR	Dwayne Bowe	  Kansas City Chiefs	614.03	WR	Jerricho Cotchery Carolina Panthers	1203.14	TE	Vernon Davis	  San Francisco 49ers	810.03 	TE	Travis Kelce	  Kansas City Chiefs	613.14	PK	Steven Hauschka	  Seattle Seahawks	412.03	DST	St. Louis Rams				4

Well, we were moving (and now we are not). I think it was Sinrman who took BenJarvus...I see that as 2013 Fred Jackson 2.0 (even Gio is a lot like Spiller). Could be best value pick in draft.

Well, we were moving (and now we are not). I think it was Sinrman who took BenJarvus...I see that as 2013 Fred Jackson 2.0 (even Gio is a lot like Spiller). Could be best value pick in draft.
I couldn't disagree more...nothing like FJax. BJGE is going to see a big decrease in carries/playing time, doesn't catch the ball and runs for 3ypc. The only thing he does better is not getting injured.

OldMilwaukee...nice pick on Miles Austin. I am really going to regret taking my 2nd Def instead of Austin.

I couldn't disagree more...nothing like FJax. BJGE is going to see a big decrease in carries/playing time, doesn't catch the ball and runs for 3ypc. The only thing he does better is not getting injured.
You are correct in the fact he does not catch the ball, and he has a crappy YPC...with that said, we can't assume (pre-draft) that he will get a decrease in carries. Also, if you look at the game logs for Gio last year, almost every time he carried the ball more than 13 times, his YPC was dismal.

You are correct in the fact he does not catch the ball, and he has a crappy YPC...with that said, we can't assume (pre-draft) that he will get a decrease in carries. Also, if you look at the game logs for Gio last year, almost every time he carried the ball more than 13 times, his YPC was dismal.
He only carried it more than 13 times in 3 games and 2 of those, his ypc was 4.1. :P

He had 13 carries in the last 3 games and those were dismal. But so were BJGE stats. Not sure why Cincy was so putrid at running the ball the last 3 weeks but those games really brought Gio's ypc down (from 4.7 to 4.1). At least Gio had 9 catches in those games to give fantasy owners decent stats in PPR.

Granted, BJGE won't go away but I expect the carries distribution to be (at a minimum) reversed this year with Gio getting 220 and BJGE with 170.

Users who are viewing this thread