What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL BSS Discussion Thread...... (4 Viewers)

Ok, lets break this down to true rankings. WR is far different thean QB in regards to the get hurt more, you start 3, and its a ppr...so the 3 or 4 others you refer to matter a little bit more then just having the one stud. But in the spirit of ranking the starters I will do so, with the others breaking the tie.

1) Jeter23 – Fitz, D Jackson, Holmes and four others

2) getinthemix – AJ, Austin, 85 and three others

3) Bass – Marshall, S Moss, Collie, ROY and four others

4) Jeff P – Jennings, S Johnson, Edwards, and five others

5) Critic – Maclin, S Rice, Ward and four others

6) bss - V Jax, Crabtree, Moore and five others

7) Bloom – Colston, Harvin, Mason, and five others

8) norseman – Welker, Gaffney, Garcon and six others

9) rzrback77 – Wayne, Bowe, Car Smith and five others

10) Andy – Calvin J, Britt, Ford, and five others

11) Eak – Roddy, Dez, and six more (3 rooks)

12) Ref – Nicks, TO, and seven others

13) Kruppe – Boldin, Sea Mike, MSW, and four others

14) Dillo – NYG Smith, Tampa Mike, M Thomas, and five others

15) Reaper – Mike Wallace, Knox, Evans, and five others

16) Orgazmo – Lloyd, Manningham, E Sanders, and five others

If i need to break down i will, I'll wait for someone to spazz and say they were ranked wrong, lol
My receiver are better than yours. HTH
LOL, ur #3 in Lance Moore, and your number 2 has done nothing.Also, in VJax best year he did not put up the catches Maclin had last year (70), and VJax never had 10 TDs, stop being a homer dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, lets break this down to true rankings. WR is far different thean QB in regards to the get hurt more, you start 3, and its a ppr...so the 3 or 4 others you refer to matter a little bit more then just having the one stud. But in the spirit of ranking the starters I will do so, with the others breaking the tie.

If i need to break down i will, I'll wait for someone to spazz and say they were ranked wrong, lol
LOL, ur #3 in lance moore, and your number 2 has done nothing.also in Vjax best year he did not put up the catches Maclin had last year, and VJax never had 10 TDs, stop being a homer dude.
last year my #2WR outscored your #2, #3 and #4. So did my #3 WRGood luck

LOL, ur #3 in lance moore, and your number 2 has done nothing.also in Vjax best year he did not put up the catches Maclin had last year, and VJax never had 10 TDs, stop being a homer dude.
Ummm not really....Ward 59/755/5

Crabtree 55/741/6

Pretty even, and thats your #2 compared to my #3, and Ward played one game less....are you wearing a hard hat cuz i'm dropping knowledge to the so called champ.

Also, Rice was hurt most the year, Ward was without his QB for 4 weeks, and if we are talking #4 wrs, yes your #2 should outscore him.

Your #4 is Jacoby mine is Meachem, seriously, can Jones finally start over Walter, lmfao. Meachem out produces your boy lance, EZ!

Now I know most ONLY look at upside, but sometimes, you have to look at someone who you know can get you 60/800/6, and I'm happy with that.

IMO there are a few WR's listed in those goups whose names could have been left off and listed with the "others".....
It was my intent to get their starters. Provide names.
cool...no prob...starters would be 3 each here I guess...and technically starters but the difference between some of the starters and the others might be minimal...could see some of the others actually being better plays...ROYWardCrabtreeMooreFordMSWNYG SmithKnoxM ThomasEvansjust at quick glance....

Not to mention, Bowe no longer has Weiss saying "Throw it to Bowe no matter what', also...we know what Bowe was before Weiss, he will fall back. wayne took a step back last year, looks like Marvin all over again. I'm just saying, total homer putting himself at 2. I'll break down later for the Cold hard truth.
New Chief OC - This guy Bowe that scored like 14 TDs, y'all threw the ball way too much to him last year. Let's throw more to others and less to him. HC - that's a great plan, I thought that Weiss forced it to him way too often last year.Reggie Wayne fell back so far in 2010 that he only had over 100 receptions. FYI, I will be really glad to have him here even if he catches 20 or so less balls in 2011.Not many comments on the WR rankings and I know that only listing my perceived top three wasn't the best thing, but I was short of time. Other comments on the WRs or on my team are encouraged and welcomed, just cuz I like ALL the feed-back.

IMO there are a few WR's listed in those goups whose names could have been left off and listed with the "others".....
It was my intent to get their starters. Provide names.
cool...no prob...starters would be 3 each here I guess...and technically starters but the difference between some of the starters and the others might be minimal...could see some of the others actually being better plays...ROYWardCrabtreeMooreFordMSWNYG SmithKnoxM ThomasEvansjust at quick glance....
Disagree with Crabtree and possibly Mike Thomas, but with some of the teams, I had to search to find one I thought qualified as the third "starter". I fully realize that with WRs there are a lot more ups and downs and the depth players are probably more important at this position than any other since you must have three scores each week. I did factor the teams's depth into my rankings, but did not have time to list them all.I also think that rookies at WR may be hindered by the length of the lock-out and may have to be brought along more slowly than in recent years. Eakfootball for one loaded up on rookie WRs and that may not be a successful strategy this year.

Headed into this draft with the following strategy, knowing I was taking RB with my first pick. Rounds 1-4: Get 2 top RBs, 1 top QB and 1 top TE Rds 5-10: Take as many WRs as I can as long as the value is there. 2nd half: don’t be on the back end of the PK and D runs, otherwise take BPALast 4 rds: deep sleepers QBRoethlisberger Palmer Kafka Satisfied here. It may be middle of the road, but if Palmer lands in a good spot it could be a top pair. Kafka is Vick’s backup at this point. RBFoster Moreno McGaheeB Tate B Jackson R Williams DevineI think this is the best 1-2 punch at RB. I ended up waiting for my depth picks here because I felt the top 2 were that good. McGahee, like Palmer, needs to land in a good spot. If he does, I am lucky. If I need consistent scoring from my reserves I may be in trouble. WR Boldin Branch BMWJames Jones MSW BreastonNelson My plan was to load up on 3rd tier guys. I think I may have the weakest top 3 but I think I have the best 4-6. Hopefully I get enough good weeks that this group is not my downfall. TE Witten Harbor FellsVery happy to get Witten in the 2nd. At 2PPR He should be consistent enough that the other 2 guys don’t matter. Harbor . Fells and his 41 catches last year were a pretty easy pick in Rd 22. DJetsRamsGot 2 so no worries PKGostkowski Suisham DittoOverall I am happier with this group than the 2 teams I drafted in WSL. I think it is more balanced and has more potential to score some top weeks.
Can't argue with Ben as a mid-level #1 in this QB crazy draft. Palmer is risky, but I like the late bet on Vick injury. Still looking like at least 20-30% Ben's bye not covered.Going strong at RB2 isn't a bad call when Moreno is available in the 4th. Not loving the likelhood that a 2nd RB is brought in, but in PPR Moreno should still be a fine anchor at RB2. Overpaid for McGahee (not expecting a big role next year), but getting Ricky and BJackson late were nice values. Would have preferred Ward over Devine for your team simply because you would have disastrous Foster injury completely covered.Really like what you did at WR, similar to my strategy - a lot of mid round picks to give a good shot at 3+ solid games in any given week with a chance of 2-3 great games b/c of upside plays. Would have maybe gone 8 here and 6 RB, swapping out McGahee for another WR, but overall don't really disagree with any of the picks and think this should work out.Can't argue with Witten either, although instead of Fells, maybe would have liked to see Bennett or JPhillips (who I think can surpass Bennett) instead of Fells, who will be worthless. You needed to protect from catastrophic Witten injury. Harbor is an interesting upside play, but will most likely leave you exposed in Witten's bye week.Would have gone Scott/Bennett over Jets and taken a D where you took McGahee, and same with Gost, gone better WR there, and gambled on Tate falling late (still a lot of RBs on the board in the 16th) - perhaps pulled the trigger a little early on PK1 and DST1. Overall I like the strategy and think the value of Moreno should make up for not getting one of the elite 7 QBs in the early 3rd - one (QB run early) caused the other (RB value stretching deeper). I think you can definitely get by at WR by pounding the position in the mid-rounds, and you executed the strategy well. A little exposed in your QB and TE bye weeks and not much upside built into your team, but if you can get through the byes, you'll be set up strong for the long haul.

Headed into this draft with the following strategy, knowing I was taking RB with my first pick. Rounds 1-4: Get 2 top RBs, 1 top QB and 1 top TE Rds 5-10: Take as many WRs as I can as long as the value is there. 2nd half: don’t be on the back end of the PK and D runs, otherwise take BPALast 4 rds: deep sleepers QBRoethlisberger Palmer Kafka Satisfied here. It may be middle of the road, but if Palmer lands in a good spot it could be a top pair. Kafka is Vick’s backup at this point. RBFoster Moreno McGaheeB Tate B Jackson R Williams DevineI think this is the best 1-2 punch at RB. I ended up waiting for my depth picks here because I felt the top 2 were that good. McGahee, like Palmer, needs to land in a good spot. If he does, I am lucky. If I need consistent scoring from my reserves I may be in trouble. WR Boldin Branch BMWJames Jones MSW BreastonNelson My plan was to load up on 3rd tier guys. I think I may have the weakest top 3 but I think I have the best 4-6. Hopefully I get enough good weeks that this group is not my downfall. TE Witten Harbor FellsVery happy to get Witten in the 2nd. At 2PPR He should be consistent enough that the other 2 guys don’t matter. Harbor . Fells and his 41 catches last year were a pretty easy pick in Rd 22. DJetsRamsGot 2 so no worries PKGostkowski Suisham DittoOverall I am happier with this group than the 2 teams I drafted in WSL. I think it is more balanced and has more potential to score some top weeks.
Can't argue with Ben as a mid-level #1 in this QB crazy draft. Palmer is risky, but I like the late bet on Vick injury. Still looking like at least 20-30% Ben's bye not covered.Going strong at RB2 isn't a bad call when Moreno is available in the 4th. Not loving the likelhood that a 2nd RB is brought in, but in PPR Moreno should still be a fine anchor at RB2. Overpaid for McGahee (not expecting a big role next year), but getting Ricky and BJackson late were nice values. Would have preferred Ward over Devine for your team simply because you would have disastrous Foster injury completely covered.Really like what you did at WR, similar to my strategy - a lot of mid round picks to give a good shot at 3+ solid games in any given week with a chance of 2-3 great games b/c of upside plays. Would have maybe gone 8 here and 6 RB, swapping out McGahee for another WR, but overall don't really disagree with any of the picks and think this should work out.Can't argue with Witten either, although instead of Fells, maybe would have liked to see Bennett or JPhillips (who I think can surpass Bennett) instead of Fells, who will be worthless. You needed to protect from catastrophic Witten injury. Harbor is an interesting upside play, but will most likely leave you exposed in Witten's bye week.Would have gone Scott/Bennett over Jets and taken a D where you took McGahee, and same with Gost, gone better WR there, and gambled on Tate falling late (still a lot of RBs on the board in the 16th) - perhaps pulled the trigger a little early on PK1 and DST1. Overall I like the strategy and think the value of Moreno should make up for not getting one of the elite 7 QBs in the early 3rd - one (QB run early) caused the other (RB value stretching deeper). I think you can definitely get by at WR by pounding the position in the mid-rounds, and you executed the strategy well. A little exposed in your QB and TE bye weeks and not much upside built into your team, but if you can get through the byes, you'll be set up strong for the long haul.
The feedback is appreciated. To summarize, this is the team to beat. :)

Team rzrback77QB (3) – Josh Freeman #12, Colt McCoy #26, and Josh Johnson #46Understating this was not my best position. In retrospect, I probably should have taken Freeman and Flacco back to back. I went in to the draft expecting to wait on TEs and should have stayed the course. I really value Cooley though and thought that he was a bargain at TE #8. I like Josh Freeman for 2011and going forward. He is one of those strong armed QBs that also can run a little and should score well. After the next batch went, I held off on taking my second one as long as I could and almost waited too long. I like McCoy, especially in the new West Coast offense and think that he will be a bargain as the #26 QB. I was planning to grab the Rookie Hog signal caller, but he got sniped and at the last pick, Johnson seemed like a nice lottery ticket. At worst, he is Freeman insurance and wowzer is he heads out west to San Francisco. Not as bad as they seem and I’ll give them a C-.RB (6) – Peterson #1, LT #40, Gerhart #51, Hardesty #57, Murry #62, & Vereen #82I am really pleased with the stable I wound up with, especially to wait until RB #40 to get my second at 8.16. I am a huge Peterson fan and have never owned him in any league. If he does get injured, I believe that Gerhart will be a nice lug-in. I only need for one of LT, Hardesty, Murry, or Vereen to post another score. I typically use this type of scatter-shot approach for RB 2 in these 16 team survivors because there is such a shallow pool of studs and some of the big producers are RBs that were not even selected in the WSLs and PDSLs. I expanded my number here with the 24 rounds and like what I have. I rate this group a B+.WR (8) – Wayne #8, Bowe #9, Car Smith #33, Washington #66, Roberts #94, Hartline #95, Douglas #105, and Robinson #114I got a certified steal in Wayne at the bottom of round two. I really like Bowe in this format as he has some huge weeks to carry a team. I think that Carolina Smith is another bargain at WR #33. After those three I tried to get guys that could step up into a possession receiver role (Roberts and Douglas) or guys that have had a high ypc before (Washington & Hartline). L Robinson is a hope and a prayer late. I really like this group and rate then similar to my RBs as a B or B+.TE (3) – Cooley #8, Gonzalez #16, and Walker #44Cooley has been a consistently highly targeted TE. I know that Gonzo is aging, but he has scored well for the Falcons since going there. Walker won’t score much unless there is an injury, but when he has played, he has been productive and he has nice upside for TE #44. I give this group another B+.PK (2) - Rackers and Feely – not bad and I’ll rate them a C.DST (2) – Steelers and Packers - I like this duo and give them a B+.Overall, I like the depth across the board and unless the bye weeks really hammer me, I like the chances of this squad to advance.It was a great and lively draft and I have to give BSS some kudos for putting all of us together. I had a great time.
QB should work out fine. Johnson was a terrific double-duty pick as either injury insurance for Freeman or a shot at another starter. Good work here without overinvestingHardesty came real cheap at RB, and I like that you backed up AD with Gerhart, but Im a little worried about where the consistent RB2 production will come from. That being said, I do like both Vereen and Murray, and either of them or Hardesty could bail you out. I think you overpaid for LT and I'm not really sure how much he'll contribute. You should be alright at WR, especially if Smith finds a new home. None of your late picks offer much upside, but they all (except maybe Robinson) should have roles in their team's passing games, and give you an occasional TD or nice game. This won't be a strength because of the lack of high ceiling guys beyond the top 3, but good enough to get by for sure, and you smartly took advantage of the leeway taking two of the top 10 WRs with your first two picks afforded you.Very solid TE combo, although both Cooley and Gonzo are on the decline. Walker was a terrific late TE pick, I think he could flourish with Harbaugh and he is very underrated. Like QB, good job without overspending.PKs are adequate, although I think you should have waited and taken two of the later kickers and grabbed Mason/Driver instead of Rackers to firm up WR depth with a more consistent producer. I dinged a lot of teams for taking Ds early, but you didn't leave yourself with any glaring weaknesses and GB/PIT combo should guarantee you top D/ST scoring of any team. With the way. This also accomplished an outstanding goal of getting over half of the next 50 picks to be D/ST (!), meaning you got the #1 and #2 D/ST and barely paid more than your counterparts. Kudos.This is one of the stronger units, and as long as you scrape together some production from your later picks at WR and RB to cover byes/injuries, you're looking very good.

1.11 - Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB26.06 - Tim Tebow, DEN, QB19I think Tebow starts and when he does I feel good about this as a top tier group.3.11 - Peyton Hillis, CLE, RB144.06- Jahvid Best, DET, RB169.11 - Danny Woodhead, NE, RB4210.06 - Brandon Jacobs, NYG, RB4418.06 - Jerome Harrison, PHI?, RB6720.06 - LeRon McClain, BAL, RB7924.06 - Derrick Ward, HOU, RB93If Hillis gets 75-80% of last year and Best stays healthy I like this top two and feel I have depth that ain't just depth but depth that can contribute weekly by ham and egging some solid games.2.06- Hakeem Nicks, NYG, WR57.11 - Terrell Owens, CIN?, WR398.06 - Jordy Nelson, GB, WR4411.11 - Jordan Shipley, CIN, WR6217.11 - Jason Avant, PHI, WR8119.11 - Brandon LaFell, CAR, WR10021.11 - Josh Cribbs, CLE, WR10922.06 - Damian Williams, TEN, WR11223.11 - Kevin Ogletree, DAL, WR121Not excited at all about this group. Nicks is solid but I need TO to make this work at all. If those two can stay consistent I think I can get a respectable WR3 score from my other options. Jordy continuing his significance in GB offense would be a huge boost as well. Maybe should have added a 10th or just drafted a whole lot better here.5.11 - Jimmy Graham, NO, TE1015.11 - Jacob Tamme, IND, TE30Like Graham to join the group of not really needing too much of a TE2 after him but could definatley done more here.14.06 - Matt Bryant, ATL, PK4 16.06 - Matt Prater, DEN, PK1912.06 - Detroit Lions, DST1213.11 - Washington Redskins, DST25meh....If I had it to do again....no QB in the first...and probably focuse more on WR and TE than I did at RB...think I may have had some opportunities to add depth elsewhere....while I like Woodhead and Jacobs a bunch where I got them, taking 4 RB's in the first 10 rounds might not be the best way to go here....Rodgers should carry me at QB, but hanging my hat on Tebow starting, Best being healthy, TO having another solid year, and Graham being the real deal.meh...I'll take a C and an ### whoopin....
Rodgers was a fine use of the first, but Tebow in the 6th was somewhat unnecessary. I'm not even 100% sure he'll be able to cover Rodgers bye and Rodgers as your #1 allows you the luxury to spend other early picks elsewhere. I doubt Tebow scores more than 2-3 times for you, which is a poor use of a 6th. You could have just taken Flynn post-16th and gotten your injury insurance and any number of later-drafted QBs could have given you a good shot at having Rodgers bye covered.Hillis-Best is a very strong 1-2 punch and Hillis presented great value where you got him. Woodhead and Jacobs were nice values and really made you strong enough to RB to wait a while for a #5, which you did. Harrison, Ward, and McClain are all great injury jackpot picks, and McClain in particular could pay dividends without an injury, but did you really need all 3? I think that at least 1, if not two picks at TE were called for here. The benefit of spending 4 of the first 10 picks on RB is that you don't have to go more than 5-6 deep at the position. The other thing I would have liked to have seen different here is waiting on your PK1 and getting Hardesty to hedge Hillis injury or lessening of workload.WR is middling at best, but at least a few of your late picks have the potential to save you. Nicks is obviously a sick anchor of a WR1, but you need to factor in his injury history and draft for strong depth behind him. TO and Nelson both have nice upside, but low floors too as TO's role/team is up in the air and Nelson might still end up being a secondary target if Jones stays and Driver has some gas left in the tank. Sorry about snaking Bennett from you, I totally get the disappointment in settling for Shipley - limited upside. Both LaFell and Williams could pay off big as both have shots to play very big roles for their teams. Avant is a solid firewall with potential for some TD/nice games. Cribbs I can see as a #7 just for the chance that he gets a few TDs. Ogletree should have been a TE pick. Not a glaring weakness, but just feels like it could have been better than it ended up. I think you got a major steal in Graham, but if his year 1-> year 2 development resembles Dustin Keller, this could be the downfall of your team. Tamme's production will be sporadic at best without another Clark injury, and you have no real plan B here. The value at TE stretched until the end of the draft and I think you misfired when you didn't take advantage of it.Solid team and you crushed some late picks, with a few more risk management picks late, would have been a frontrunner.

would like to bust out some :2cents: comments/breakdown on the teams and take a shot at some overall draft rankings.....

if somebody has time...can they finish up the teams in the first post....looks like we stopped at round 15....

thanks...

:2cents:

4.16- Rzrback77 - Josh Freeman, TB, QB12

9.01 - Rzrback77 - Colt McCoy, CLE, QB26

24.16 - Rzrback77 - Josh Johnson, TB, QB46

I think Freeman can be a solid top 10 producer all year and it seems like CLE has confidence in McCoy to be their guy. Last round pick of Johnson is solid insurance for Freeman and gets a bump if he goes elsewhere. I need to see a little more from McCoy to think you have a solid QB2 here but that could be said about most QB’s groups this year in this 16 team format as after about 20 or so QB’s there are plenty of questions. A lot of people think some of this solid backup QB’s like Johnson, Volek, Flynn, Kolb, Orton/Tebow, etc will be traded, but I have a feeling many of them will stay put, because many teams realize the benefit of having a solid backup and it may outweigh what they could get in return on a trade.

1.01 - Rzrback77 - Adrian Peterson, MIN, RB1

8.16 - Rzrback77 - Ladainian Tomlinson, NYJ, RB40

13.01 - Rzrback77 - Toby Gerhart, MIN, RB51

15.01 - Rzrback77 - Montario Hardesty, CLE, RB57

17.01 - Rzrback77 - DeMarco Murray, ROOKIE, RB62

21.01 - Rzrback77 - Shane Vereen, ROOKIE, RB82

Commented about this group already in here a little. To me it comes down to your rookies and I have no idea where they end up and what the situation is. They may make or break this group as not sure if you will get consistent RB2 production from LT, TG or MH. LT’s role along with the rookies will be big. IMO you maybe could have added a RB at the 10/11 turn that might have given you a little more protection here, because even if you just take one DST at that turn, and everybody else takes two with their next two picks, you are guaranteed 2 DST’s.

2.16- Rzrback77 - Reggie Wayne, IND, WR8

3.01 - Rzrback77 - Dwayne Bowe, KC, WR9

7.01 - Rzrback77 - Steve Smith, CAR, WR33

12.16 - Rzrback77 - Nate Washington, TEN, WR66

18.16 - Rzrback77 - Andre Roberts, AZ, WR94

19.01 - Rzrback77 - Brian Hartline, MIA, WR95

20.16 - Rzrback77 - Harry Douglas, ATL, WR105

22.16 - Rzrback77 - Laurent Robinson, STL?, WR114

Loved your 2/3 turn combo added to Peterson. Between your others you should get a solid WR3 score. Think you did a pretty good job late adding some depth and Britt’s troubles may increase Nate’s production early. Not sure if Robinson makes the team next year, but who knows. I had the opportunity to grab several Ram WR’ but chose to stay away. They have so many guys coming back off injuries, etc and they may take a WR in the draft, so it is hard to tell how the dust will settle there. Smith could be huge for this group.

5.01 - Rzrback77 - Chris Cooley, WAS, TE8

6.16 - Rzrback77 - Tony Gonzalez, ATL, TE16

23.01 - Rzrback77 - Delanie Walker SF, TE44

Love the top two and thought Gonzo was a semi steal falling in the 6th, like Wayne falling in the 2nd. With two pretty solid guys, maybe thought you could have used the Walker pick elsewhere (maybe RB flier instead)....

14.16 - Rzrback77 - Neil Rackers, HOU, PK8

16.16 - Rzrback77 - Jay Feely, AZ, PK22

10.16 - Rzrback77 - Pittsburgh Steelers, DST1

11.01 - Rzrback77 - Green Bay Packers, DST2

Two of each should be solid and DST’s should be best group in league, however felt you could have sacrificed one of them for a pick elsewhere at that turn.

Overall: I think this is a very solid team from the #1 spot. Think you implemented your “plan” nicely and if you can get some production at RB2 I think you have a very solid lineup each week that should help you stave off elimination. If Freeman has a tough week at a bad time though (like with a down week by ADP) you could be vulnerable, but your WR and TE could help get you through that. Good luck.

With one team ranked you are currently at the top of the leader board...

1. Razrback77

Next up....Jeff...on deck Reaper

Crabtree 55/741/6

Pretty even, and thats your #2 compared to my #3, and Ward played one game less....are you wearing a hard hat cuz i'm dropping knowledge to the so called champ.

Also, Rice was hurt most the year, Ward was without his QB for 4 weeks, and if we are talking #4 wrs, yes your #2 should outscore him.

Your #4 is Jacoby mine is Meachem, seriously, can Jones finally start over Walter, lmfao. Meachem out produces your boy lance, EZ!

Now I know most ONLY look at upside, but sometimes, you have to look at someone who you know can get you 60/800/6, and I'm happy with that.
:confused: BSS, I know your not gonna let me have last word.

:football: :popcorn: :boxing:

Crabtree 55/741/6

I'm not sure whether you have better WRs than BSS or not, but neither of y'all have a WR roster up to mine.

Crabtree 55/741/6

So comparing your #2 -Sidney Rice - coming off a broken hip and is a UFA current and if he comes back to Minny has Joe Webb (currently) as his only viable QB to Michael Crabtree - who judgin by the number you quoted was on par with Hines ward last season and should break out in his 3rd year. IMO my teams upside is better and my team actual production on the field in the 2011 season will be better.

3.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Eli Manning, NYG, QB10

6.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Matthew Stafford, DET, QB18

22.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Rex Grossman, WASH, QB41

Solid pairing at the top. Personally I dont think Grossman will be the opening day starter in WAS so I think that was a wasted pick. I think there will be some pressure to play whichever QB WAS drafts and I think they will draft one. I just cant see WAS going into the season with Grossman as the starter. But this is one of my favorite top 2 combos as I think you could get some monster weeks from either guy. Had to take Stafford where you did because you would have been screwed at QB2 if you didnt.

1.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Frank Gore, SF, RB10

7.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Joseph Addai, INDY, RB31

9.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Ryan Williams, ROOKIE, RB43

19.16 - Jeff Pasquino - John Kuhn, GB, RB76

21.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Delone Carter, ROOKIE, RB85

Not my favorite group. Not a big Gore fan and I am not sure whats up with Addai. 1-2 missed about 15 games last year combined I think so rolling with only 5 seems a little risky. Williams could end up saving this group. Kuhn will get some TDs but who knows what/where Carter ends up. Maybe could have used the 4th rounder on a RB since Gore is a pretty injury prone #1 and would have given a stronger RB2 than Addai. I think the Johnson pick was a little bit of a reach in the 4th. There were some WRs that you maybe could have had later that might give you similar production. Your WR group could turn out to be strong, but I think this group suffered because of it and only rolling with 5 may leave you with some low scores on occasion.

2.01- Jeff Pasquino - Greg Jennings, GB, WR4

4.01- Jeff Pasquino - Steve Johnson, BUF, WR20

8.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Braylon Edwards, NYJ?, WR41

10.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Randy Moss, FA, WR51

17.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Ben Obomanu, SEA, WR84

18.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Josh Morgan, SF, WR85

20.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Anthony Gonzalez, INDY, WR102

24.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Early Doucet, AZ, WR124

Solid group here. Not sure if Gonzo and Doucet will produce, but the first 6 should give you solid production as they should all be 1s or 2s. This could be a monster group depending on what happens with Edwards and Moss. Guess I keep going back to the Johnson pick and if you take him out of here and add a RB I probably like your RB group better and still really like your WR group. Maybe not, probably would have depended on who your WR4 was you would have been able to get with the Addai pick in the 7th for that spot. Guess I look at the RB available to you in the 4th (bunch) and what they would have looked like with Gore and then your WRs with Jennings, Edwards, Moss and a WR that was available in the 7th on (Julio, Nelson, Floyd, etc).

5.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Zach Miller, OAK, TE12

16.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Anthony Fasano, MIA, TE31

23.16 - Jeff Pasquino - DJ Williams, ROOKIE, TE44

Williams may out produce Fasano so solid pick in 23rd. Leaning heavily on Miller as of now though.

14.01 - Jeff Pasquino - David Akers, PHI, PK1

15.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Ryan Longwell, MIN, PK17

11.16 - Jeff Pasquino - San Diego Chargers, DST9

12.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Dallas Cowboys, DST10

13.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Houston Texans, DST29

Very solid here and rolling the dice that a 3rd DST helps you more than depth somewhere else. Will be interesting to see when this carries you through and when eventually it may cost you with some productive players still available that you could have picked with the 13th. But this is a top notch group.

Overall: Like the QB combo, dislike the RB, like the WR group, TE should be adequate and PK/DST should be a big strength. Going to rank you ahead of Razor at this point based on your QB combo and the fact that I could be completely off base with regard to your Gore/Addai combo.

1. Jeff Pasquino

2. Razrback77

Next up Reaper....on deck Critic...

5.02 - Reaper - Joe Flacco, BAL, QB13

6.15 - Reaper - David Garrard, JAX, QB20

When you passed on QB at the 2/3 turn and again on your second at the 4/5 this is about what you can expect. Nothing spectacular but serviceable. Bradshaw was probably too good to pass up where you got him at the end of the 4th and a chance Razor snags him if you don’t. Was probably a big decision time for you knowing you would probably be lucky to even get a Garrard when it came back to you, but I think it worked out ok cause you could of even had McNabb if you wanted, who I might have taken for upside. My own thoughts would have been to gamble and maybe go for a little more pop/upside with a combo maybe involving one of Bradford/Stafford and then McNabb. Just think one of those guys can put up some bigger weeks, but Flacco is a solid safe play and as you indicated earlier you like the pairing you got. I just wonder if Garrard stays the man in JAX.

1.02 - Reaper - Chris Johnson, TEN, RB2

4.15- Reaper - Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG, RB20

8.15 - Reaper - James Starks, GB, RB39

10.15 - Reaper - Donald Brown, IND, RB47

20.15 - Reaper - Taiwan Jones, ROOKIE, RB81

21.02 - Reaper - Chester Taylor, CHI, RB83

22.15 - Reaper - Deji Karim, JAX, RB90

24.15 - Reaper - Alex Green, ROOKIE, RB98

Tough to get a read on this group right now outside of the top two. But you got some pop with the top two if Bradshaw stays relevant. I guess you have to say that with 8 guys you should get a couple of decent scores every week, not sure that’s the case, and with taking 4 RB’s in the first 10 picks I guess I would expect it to be a little stronger/top heavy, and Starks and Brown don’t exactly give you a ton of confidence heading into the season and then not another for 10 more rounds. Not real excited about the Starks pick and thought you could have had some other guys there. That could change I guess, but let’s go check the WR’s to se if that’s where you spent yo’ money.

3.02 - Reaper - Mike Wallace, PIT, WR10

7.02 - Reaper - Johnny Knox, CHI, WR34

11.02 - Reaper - Lee Evans, BUF, WR58

14.15 - Reaper - Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ, WR68

16.15 - Reaper - Mohamed Massaquoi, CLE, WR78

18.15 - Reaper - Louis Murphy, OAK, WR93

19.02 - Reaper - Roscoe Parrish, BUF, WR96

23.02 - Reaper - Chaz Schilens, OAK, WR115

First glance this looks kind of iffy. But after further review it’s not that bad. As of right now, you got a WR1 in rounds 16 and 18 (saying Murphy still over Ford). So to me that ain’t bad that late. Nothing really knocks your socks off here unless you are sold on Wallace, not sure I am. But as a group, this might work. I don’t see any of these guys going huge any week (unless Wallace gets a couple of deep ones in the same game) but you got some bodies albeit with some question marks.

2.15- Reaper - Dallas Clark, IND, TE4

9.02 - Reaper - Greg Olsen, CHI, TE19

Stud and decent #2, pretty good. I think with Clark on board you could have passed on Olsen and taken a one of the other 5 RB;s taken to solidify your backs there and then targeted Tamme and a late round rookie TE or something at TE. Just IMO. Were even a couple of other high upside WR’s you could have taken in the 9th to add some pop to your WR group. But with Clark on board you can’t complain too much about this pairing.

12.15 - Reaper - Seattle Seahawks, DST18

13.02 - Reaper - Tennessee Titans, DST19

15.02 - Reaper - Rob Bironas, TEN, PK9

17.02 - Reaper - Phil Dawson, CLE, PK23

Got 4…

Overall: I guess when I look at this team as a whole and what you would trot out there everyday as a “starting lineup” I think it is missing something but I can’t put my finger on it. Outside of the top two picks, not a lot of pop. I think the Clark and Bradshaw picks really dictated the early part of your draft and I must not be as high on Wallace as a #1 as some. Personally not crazy about your “starting lineup” outside of RB1/RB2/TE1, but that just my two cents and your rookie RB’s and some fairly solid picks late at WR could change that in a survivor format.

1. Jeff Pasquino

2. Razrback77

3. Reaper

Next up Critic....on deck da captain BSS ...

5.02 - Reaper - Joe Flacco, BAL, QB136.15 - Reaper - David Garrard, JAX, QB201.02 - Reaper - Chris Johnson, TEN, RB24.15- Reaper - Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG, RB208.15 - Reaper - James Starks, GB, RB3910.15 - Reaper - Donald Brown, IND, RB4720.15 - Reaper - Taiwan Jones, ROOKIE, RB8121.02 - Reaper - Chester Taylor, CHI, RB8322.15 - Reaper - Deji Karim, JAX, RB9024.15 - Reaper - Alex Green, ROOKIE, RB983.02 - Reaper - Mike Wallace, PIT, WR107.02 - Reaper - Johnny Knox, CHI, WR3411.02 - Reaper - Lee Evans, BUF, WR5814.15 - Reaper - Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ, WR6816.15 - Reaper - Mohamed Massaquoi, CLE, WR7818.15 - Reaper - Louis Murphy, OAK, WR9319.02 - Reaper - Roscoe Parrish, BUF, WR9623.02 - Reaper - Chaz Schilens, OAK, WR1152.15- Reaper - Dallas Clark, IND, TE49.02 - Reaper - Greg Olsen, CHI, TE1912.15 - Reaper - Seattle Seahawks, DST1813.02 - Reaper - Tennessee Titans, DST1915.02 - Reaper - Rob Bironas, TEN, PK917.02 - Reaper - Phil Dawson, CLE, PK23
possibly adequate at QB, but any year could be the one that the Jags pull the ripcord on Garrard now. Still, you could even end up in the QB6-10 range with a minimal investment.After CJ2K and Bradshaw, you could be hurtin. Starks and Brown are not assured of large roles, and the rest of your RB draft was throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks. I think Addai and Grant were the better values of the GB/IND backs and you unfortunately got the two short ends. Starks does have a lot of upside, but this could be a rough ride. No idea why you didn't get Ringer or Jacobs.WR is ok, but you will need Evans and Cotch to at least somewhat return to form (although you got both super cheap). I think Knox and Wallace level off at last year's production. Parrish and Murphy are potential late steals who should contribute at least a scorable week or three. Overall while I don't see any potential for this group to be one of the draft's best. They aren't a glaring liability, either.Like the Stud TE to anchor and you got Olsen at a good price. Olsen could easily contribute 2-4 scoring weeks (if not more) and his presences gives you a legit shot at the best TE production in this league.Bironas over Goodson or Sproles could really come back to haunt you. Even Mason or Driver had more to offer your team than him...If you avoid misfortune among your top two RBs, your team will stay in it for a while, but there doesn't seem to be much upside built in anywhere on the roster outside of TE. Not one of the worst teams, but likely eliminated by Thanksgiving, if not Halloween.

Bye weeks are out. Week 9 robs me of my running backs, with only Isaac Redman available.

Anyone else feeling the pinch?

Bye weeks

QB - Eli Manning (7), Matthew Stafford (9), Rex Grossman (5 if WASH)

RB - Frank Gore (7), Joseph Addai (11 if Indy), Ryan Williams (?), John Kuhn (8), Delone Carter (?)

WR - Greg Jennings (8), Steve Johnson (7), Braylon Edwards (8 if NYJ), Randy Moss (?), Ben Obomanu (6) , Josh Morgan (7), Anthony Gonzalez (11), Early Doucet (6)

TE - Zach Miller (OAK) (8) , Anthony Fasano (5), DJ Williams (?)

PK - David Akers (7), Ryan Longwell (9)

D/ST - Dallas (5), San Diego (6), Houston (11)

OK at QB

RB seems ok

WR - could be rough in Weeks 7 and 8

TE/PK/DST look ok

My team:

QB:

Bradford 5

Kolb 7 (for now)

Flynn 8

Looks pretty weak right now. If both Kolb and Flynn get moved and are starters, this group could move into the top half of the leagues QB groups.

Grade: C

RB:

Charles 6

Torain 5

Scott 7

R jennings 9

Forsett 6

M Reece 8

Dwyer 11

I love Charles in this format, but the rest of this is pretty ugly. I am not a believer in Torain, but had to get another warm body. I guess I could catch a break with the rest of these guys, but they are mostly a lot of what ifs...

Grade: C-

WR:

Fitgerald 6

D Jackson 7

Holmes 8

Bess 5

Decker 6

Little ?

Edelman 7

Started out very strong with this group, but I've failed to get the depth for my top guys. I will need a couple more lottery tickets that can give me one or 2 good scoring weeks.

Grade: B+

TE:

M Lewis 9

Watson 5

Dickson 5

Honestly, I don't like either of my first 2 to repeat last year's performance, but I was caught at the end of both TE runs. Dickson could pay off with another Heap injury.

Grade: C-

K:

Beuhler 5

Vinatieri 11

D:

TB 8

ARZ 6

Overall, my WRs will carry me and I need multiple guys to really step up and improve on/repeat least year's performance. If Bradford takes a step forward and Marcedes repeats, I have a shot.

Overall Grade: C

Good news- byes don't hurt me at all

Bad news- my team still stinks

4.16- Rzrback77 - Josh Freeman(8) TB, QB12

9.01 - Rzrback77 - Colt McCoy(5) CLE, QB26

24.16 - Rzrback77 - Josh Johnson(8) TB, QB46

1.01 - Rzrback77 - Adrian Peterson(9) MIN, RB1

8.16 - Rzrback77 - Ladainian Tomlinson(8) NYJ, RB40

13.01 - Rzrback77 - Toby Gerhart, MIN(9) RB51

15.01 - Rzrback77 - Montario Hardesty(5) CLE, RB57

17.01 - Rzrback77 - DeMarco Murray, ROOKIE, RB62

21.01 - Rzrback77 - Shane Vereen, ROOKIE, RB82

2.16- Rzrback77 - Reggie Wayne(11) IND, WR8

3.01 - Rzrback77 - Dwayne Bowe(6) KC, WR9

7.01 - Rzrback77 - Steve Smith(9) CAR, WR33

12.16 - Rzrback77 - Nate Washington(6) TEN, WR66

18.16 - Rzrback77 - Andre Roberts(6) AZ, WR94

19.01 - Rzrback77 - Brian Hartline(5) MIA, WR95

20.16 - Rzrback77 - Harry Douglas, ATL(8) WR105

22.16 - Rzrback77 - Laurent Robinson(5) STL?, WR114

5.01 - Rzrback77 - Chris Cooley(5) WAS, TE8

6.16 - Rzrback77 - Tony Gonzalez(8) ATL, TE16

23.01 - Rzrback77 - Delanie Walker(7) SF, TE44

14.16 - Rzrback77 - Neil Rackers(11) HOU, PK8

16.16 - Rzrback77 - Jay Feely(6) AZ, PK22

10.16 - Rzrback77 - Pittsburgh Steelers(11) DST1

11.01 - Rzrback77 - Green Bay Packers(8) DST2

1.09 - BassnBrew - Michael Vick, PHI, QB1 7

5.09 - BassnBrew - Jay Cutler, CHI, QB16 8

4.08- BassNBrew - DeAngelo Williams, CAR, RB17 9

8.08 - BassNBrew - Reggie Bush, NO, RB34 11

9.09 - BassnBrew - Michael Bush, OAK, RB41 8

15.09 - BassNBrew - Mike Goodson, CAR, RB58 9

20.08 - BassNBrew - Leon Washington, SEA, RB80 6

24.08 - BassNBrew - Mike Bell, CLE, RB95 5

3.09 - BassnBrew - Brandon Marshall, MIA, WR14 5

6.08 - BassNBrew - Austin Collie, IND, WR31 11

7.09 - BassnBrew - Santana Moss, WASH, WR38 5

10.08 - BassNBrew - Jerome Simpson, CIN, WR53 7

17.09 - BassnBrew - Roy Williams, DAL, WR80 5

18.08 - BassNBrew - Plaxico Burress, JAIL, WR90 ?

19.09 - BassnBrew - David Gettis, CAR, WR99 9

23.09 - BassnBrew - Armanti Edwards, CAR, WR119 9

2.08- BassNBrew - Jermichael Finley, GB, TE2 8

22.08 - BassNBrew - Bo Scaife, TEN?, TE43 6

11.09 - BassnBrew - New York Giants, DST5 7

12.08 - BassNBrew - Oakland Raiders, DST13 8

13.09 - BassnBrew - Miami Dolphins, DST23 5

14.08 - BassNBrew - Garrett Hartley, NO, PK5 7

16.08 - BassNBrew - Ryan Succop, KC, PK20 6

21.09 - BassnBrew - Shayne Graham, NE?, PK29 ?

Could not ask for a better bye week schedule.

5.02 - Reaper - Joe Flacco, BAL, QB136.15 - Reaper - David Garrard, JAX, QB201.02 - Reaper - Chris Johnson, TEN, RB24.15- Reaper - Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG, RB208.15 - Reaper - James Starks, GB, RB3910.15 - Reaper - Donald Brown, IND, RB4720.15 - Reaper - Taiwan Jones, ROOKIE, RB8121.02 - Reaper - Chester Taylor, CHI, RB8322.15 - Reaper - Deji Karim, JAX, RB9024.15 - Reaper - Alex Green, ROOKIE, RB983.02 - Reaper - Mike Wallace, PIT, WR107.02 - Reaper - Johnny Knox, CHI, WR3411.02 - Reaper - Lee Evans, BUF, WR5814.15 - Reaper - Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ, WR6816.15 - Reaper - Mohamed Massaquoi, CLE, WR7818.15 - Reaper - Louis Murphy, OAK, WR9319.02 - Reaper - Roscoe Parrish, BUF, WR9623.02 - Reaper - Chaz Schilens, OAK, WR1152.15- Reaper - Dallas Clark, IND, TE49.02 - Reaper - Greg Olsen, CHI, TE1912.15 - Reaper - Seattle Seahawks, DST1813.02 - Reaper - Tennessee Titans, DST1915.02 - Reaper - Rob Bironas, TEN, PK917.02 - Reaper - Phil Dawson, CLE, PK23
possibly adequate at QB, but any year could be the one that the Jags pull the ripcord on Garrard now. Still, you could even end up in the QB6-10 range with a minimal investment.After CJ2K and Bradshaw, you could be hurtin. Starks and Brown are not assured of large roles, and the rest of your RB draft was throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks. I think Addai and Grant were the better values of the GB/IND backs and you unfortunately got the two short ends. Starks does have a lot of upside, but this could be a rough ride. No idea why you didn't get Ringer or Jacobs.WR is ok, but you will need Evans and Cotch to at least somewhat return to form (although you got both super cheap). I think Knox and Wallace level off at last year's production. Parrish and Murphy are potential late steals who should contribute at least a scorable week or three. Overall while I don't see any potential for this group to be one of the draft's best. They aren't a glaring liability, either.Like the Stud TE to anchor and you got Olsen at a good price. Olsen could easily contribute 2-4 scoring weeks (if not more) and his presences gives you a legit shot at the best TE production in this league.Bironas over Goodson or Sproles could really come back to haunt you. Even Mason or Driver had more to offer your team than him...If you avoid misfortune among your top two RBs, your team will stay in it for a while, but there doesn't seem to be much upside built in anywhere on the roster outside of TE. Not one of the worst teams, but likely eliminated by Thanksgiving, if not Halloween.
Very interesting. I knew the reviews weren't going to be super kind. I played this draft much looser than I normally do given the expanded rosters and uncertainty in the league... What I didn't expect was the low regards for my RB's other than too many where I admit I should have another WR.That said, IMO, a lot of drafters right now are playing games with the RB position. Hey, I've been all about drafting 4 RB's for the 18 round drafts and I get how a lot of teams in the past, including my own, have been highly successful with Minimal RB theory...(Rashard Jennings helped me win WSL last year) the problem IMO, is looking back at those teams. Those are the few teams that actualy hit it out of the park on those deep RB picks and the majority wound up with a weakness and given this was the draft before the Bye weeks were out, I look at a lot of teams in this league as having major holes... I guess today we can really look into that more and who IMO stepped in #### and really lucked out and who didn't.But, I'll put my 2 top RB's up against any top 2 in this league.Chris Johnson goes without saying. But, Ahmad Bradshaw IMO, worked behind an OL that was injured and in need of help and still got 1500 total yards. I think the OL also led to his fumbling issues. I watched every Giant game and I see Bradshaw getting plastered way too early a lot. The Giants will work on that for sure.That leads me to the Indy RBs.. I didn't want any part of Addai. We'll see but at this point in time, I'd rather not count on a back I'm not sure where he'll play.... Donald Brown is the one IMO, who could all of a sudden have a lot more on his plate and I still like the talent. He went right at his WSL ADP, he wasn't coming around the next round that's for sure. 23 years old on an open offense, I think he's still got upside where people might be giving up - Hey last year at this point people were down on McCoy.Seems I'm higher on James Starks than others as well. But, for RB4 I see a world of upside on one of the best offenses in the league.. Got him later than any WSL draft and as I said, it was a bit of a UB homer pick. I get the Adrian Peterson-light talk was overboard but, you can't totally ignore it. He'll put up some points.I have 4 RB's contributing - Again, I don't see a team with 4 RB's I'd trade with....Then icing on the cake I have 2 rookies who could pop and 2 backup RB's.Looking at a lot of rosters in this league, i can take Brown and Starks away and still be one of the better squads.IMO, Ringer would have been nice but, not needed. This team needs Chris Johnson to be Chris Johnson - That's not a spot where I think anyone will fill the void any better than the other RB's on my squad anyway.Jacobs I wanted but, he didn't fall to where I needed him to sitting at the end. OVERALL.... Talk about out by Halloween is laughable... I didn't love this team at first but, it has grown on me...What I see is Top of the league RB and TE scoring (IMO THE BEST) that alone will keep me in the game - My QB's are in the top half.... I see 100 weekly points before I even get to my WR's, with conservative scoring. IMO I drafted a lot of players from offenses that I feel are improving and that includes Buffalo and Chicago - two offenses in the 2nd year of their system.Team Reaper is open for side bets on this team Vs any takersEspecially BLOOM ;) :boxing:

Team Reaper is open for side bets on this team Vs any takersEspecially BLOOM ;) :boxing:
I'm not sure why I'm so harsh in my reviews, it just comes out that way ;)I am mainly worried about Brown because Indy had no trust in him at the end of last season, being more willing to use Dominic freakin Rhodes and Javarris freakin James. And if Mike Hart stayed healthy I think he's even if not ahead of Brown on the depth chart.I just wasn't as impressed with Starks as everyone else. I don't think he did appreciably more with his carries than Brandon Jackson did, and I expect a healthy Grant to be decisively better.

will not look at bye weeks as reviews continue.......

1.15 - Football Critic - Drew Brees, NO, QB3

12.02 - Football Critic - Vince Young, TEN, QB31

21.15 - Football Critic - Jake Locker, ROOKIE, QB40

Young may latch on somewhere that is willing to look past his problems. As a fan, most people would probably like to see their team look in a different direction at QB. Young isn’t really the type of guy you can get behind, but I guess if you are a team that is desperate at QB and maybe have been for awhile, you would be willing to take him on. Not sure if he will land in a spot where the starting QB job is handed to him but he may be able to compete for one. I kind of wonder where Young’s headspace is. Is he too cocky and will only go somewhere where he is promised the starting gig or is he humbled enough to accept the opportunity to compete for the job? I got a feeling Locker may start somewhere so this group is pretty solid especially with a big dog pulling the trigger.

2.02- Football Critic - Steven Jackson, STL, RB11

6.02 - Football Critic - BenJarvus Green-Ellis, NE, RB24

7.15 - Football Critic - Cedric Benson, CIN, RB30

13.15 - Football Critic - Anthony Dixon, SF, RB53

19.15 - Football Critic - Dion Lewis, ROOKIE, RB75

20.02 - Football Critic - Javon Ringer, TEN, RB77

22.02 - Football Critic - Clinton Portis, WASH?, RB86

I believe Jackson has a chance to return to the top 10 with a solid passing game in STL. Who knows how things will shake out in NE, but BJGE should be in the mix. Benson seems like a good pick where you got him, but that’s contingent on where he ends up and him still being the main guy. Personally I don’t think that will be the case and why I have avoided him in all drafts, and the might be the sentiment of some others indicated by how far he is falling. There is a reason SF brought in Westbrook last year and why they will be looking to add another RB. Dixon may be the primary backup a this point, but we’ll have to see how that shakes out. I thought Ringer was a solid pick and considered him several times at that area of the draft. Benson is probably the wild card here as far as how this group performs as a whole and there may be weeks where you take a very low score at RB2.

3.15 - Football Critic - Jeremy Maclin, PHI, WR19

4.02- Football Critic - Sidney Rice, MIN, WR21

8.02 - Football Critic - Hines Ward, PIT, WR42

9.15 - Football Critic - Robert Meachem, NO, WR50

17.15 - Football Critic - Jonathan Baldwin, ROOKIE, WR83

18.02 - Football Critic - Dexter Mccluster, KC, WR87

24.02 - Football Critic - Legedu Naanee, SD, WR125

Not a huge fan of this group. Maclin will put up some nice numbers, but after that there are a ton of question marks. Who knows where Rice ends up and how the hip will respond going forward. You may struggle on occasion to post a solid WR3 score from the rest. Would have expected this group to be stronger with 4 of your first 9 picks being dedicated to the position. Needing three scores each week might have dictated having more than 7 picks here in a 24 round draft. Portis and Z. Miller picks maybe could have been used on a couple more fliers here to give you some more options each week.

5.15 - Football Critic - Kellen Winslow, TB, TE11

10.02 - Football Critic - Visanthe Shiancoe, MIN, TE23

23.15 - Football Critic - Zach Miller, JAX, TE45

Nothing spectacular but serviceable and should give you a score.

11.15 - Football Critic - Baltimore Ravens, DST8

14.02 - Football Critic - Jacksonville Jaguars, DST30

15.15 - Football Critic - Robbie Gould, CHI, PK16

16.02 - Football Critic - Lawrence Tynes, NYG, PK18

Thought you really reached here as all of these picks probably would have been available in rounds 21 through 24.

Overall: This team may have a chance to ham and egg it and stave off elimination for awhile. WR position appears to be the biggest weakness and may ultimately cause dismissal. If Brees has a bad week it could be trouble but I like Jackson’s chances of bouncing back and he and Brees carrying you for awhile. Had you concentrated on building depth at the core positions in rounds 14-16 and waited on DST/PK until the later rounds of the draft, I would probably like this team much better. Taking a defense in the 11th round is just crazy. Good luck.

1. Jeff Pasquino

2. Razrback77

3. Reaper

4. Football Critic

Next up BSS....on deck Orgazmo ...

will not look at bye weeks as reviews continue....... :2cents: 1.15 - Football Critic - Drew Brees, NO, QB312.02 - Football Critic - Vince Young, TEN, QB3121.15 - Football Critic - Jake Locker, ROOKIE, QB40Young may latch on somewhere that is willing to look past his problems. As a fan, most people would probably like to see their team look in a different direction at QB. Young isn’t really the type of guy you can get behind, but I guess if you are a team that is desperate at QB and maybe have been for awhile, you would be willing to take him on. Not sure if he will land in a spot where the starting QB job is handed to him but he may be able to compete for one. I kind of wonder where Young’s headspace is. Is he too cocky and will only go somewhere where he is promised the starting gig or is he humbled enough to accept the opportunity to compete for the job? I got a feeling Locker may start somewhere so this group is pretty solid especially with a big dog pulling the trigger.2.02- Football Critic - Steven Jackson, STL, RB116.02 - Football Critic - BenJarvus Green-Ellis, NE, RB247.15 - Football Critic - Cedric Benson, CIN, RB3013.15 - Football Critic - Anthony Dixon, SF, RB5319.15 - Football Critic - Dion Lewis, ROOKIE, RB7520.02 - Football Critic - Javon Ringer, TEN, RB7722.02 - Football Critic - Clinton Portis, WASH?, RB86I believe Jackson has a chance to return to the top 10 with a solid passing game in STL. Who knows how things will shake out in NE, but BJGE should be in the mix. Benson seems like a good pick where you got him, but that’s contingent on where he ends up and him still being the main guy. Personally I don’t think that will be the case and why I have avoided him in all drafts, and the might be the sentiment of some others indicated by how far he is falling. There is a reason SF brought in Westbrook last year and why they will be looking to add another RB. Dixon may be the primary backup a this point, but we’ll have to see how that shakes out. I thought Ringer was a solid pick and considered him several times at that area of the draft. Benson is probably the wild card here as far as how this group performs as a whole and there may be weeks where you take a very low score at RB2.3.15 - Football Critic - Jeremy Maclin, PHI, WR194.02- Football Critic - Sidney Rice, MIN, WR218.02 - Football Critic - Hines Ward, PIT, WR429.15 - Football Critic - Robert Meachem, NO, WR5017.15 - Football Critic - Jonathan Baldwin, ROOKIE, WR8318.02 - Football Critic - Dexter Mccluster, KC, WR8724.02 - Football Critic - Legedu Naanee, SD, WR125Not a huge fan of this group. Maclin will put up some nice numbers, but after that there are a ton of question marks. Who knows where Rice ends up and how the hip will respond going forward. You may struggle on occasion to post a solid WR3 score from the rest. Would have expected this group to be stronger with 4 of your first 9 picks being dedicated to the position. Needing three scores each week might have dictated having more than 7 picks here in a 24 round draft. Portis and Z. Miller picks maybe could have been used on a couple more fliers here to give you some more options each week. 5.15 - Football Critic - Kellen Winslow, TB, TE1110.02 - Football Critic - Visanthe Shiancoe, MIN, TE2323.15 - Football Critic - Zach Miller, JAX, TE45Nothing spectacular but serviceable and should give you a score.11.15 - Football Critic - Baltimore Ravens, DST814.02 - Football Critic - Jacksonville Jaguars, DST3015.15 - Football Critic - Robbie Gould, CHI, PK1616.02 - Football Critic - Lawrence Tynes, NYG, PK18Thought you really reached here as all of these picks probably would have been available in rounds 21 through 24. Overall: This team may have a chance to ham and egg it and stave off elimination for awhile. WR position appears to be the biggest weakness and may ultimately cause dismissal. If Brees has a bad week it could be trouble but I like Jackson’s chances of bouncing back and he and Brees carrying you for awhile. Had you concentrated on building depth at the core positions in rounds 14-16 and waited on DST/PK until the later rounds of the draft, I would probably like this team much better. Taking a defense in the 11th round is just crazy. Good luck. 1. Jeff Pasquino2. Razrback773. Reaper4. Football CriticNext up BSS....on deck Orgazmo ...
lol, oktoo much talk about Young in an area will a backups points will rarely be used, Benson is my #3 runner better then most #2s, and yes my wrs are risky, But maclin outscored DeSean and you wonder how Rice responds from a hip, look at his play when he got back, untill webb was in there, ugh. No Webb in Minny plz. (If he even goes back to Minny)

1. Jeff Pasquino

2. Razrback77

3. Reaper

Next up Critic....on deck da captain BSS ...
Just for fun... ;)

I can't put Jeff's squad ahead of mine. :hophead:

We have similar QB's I'll give him a slight edge though weekly scoring on QB's we're talking very few points per week.. IF Stafford puts it together he can make some headway.

But..

I kill him on RB's up and down. RB1 (CJ>>>Gore) RB2 Huge (Bradshaw>>>>>> Addai).... I like my depth a lot more as well.

I kill him on TE's up and down.....

That basically leaves WR"s...... He better absolutely knock me out here to overcome the TE and RB destruction I'll put on him....

I happen to like Wallace a lot - he has tremendous Size / Speed combo and is the focal point of his offense which will have their QB back to start - they had similar yardage last year with Jennings getting more TD's. Jennings is in an offense with a lot better options though and his numbers bounce from year to year.... I'll give Jeff a slight edge at WR1... VERY SLIGHT.

His next 2 of Braylon and Steve Johnson I'm not huge fans of upside wise.... Correct me if I'm wrong but, these 2 WR"s actually remind me a lot of each other - Bigger possession type WR's in mediocre offenses... With Braylon, his best scenario might be back in NY, and that means playing in a not so pass-happy offense and probably similar numbers to last year. He could be #1 again but, I think the Jets get the ball more to Keller and Cotchery at that point. Hey, I hope and pray Braylon has a 1200 yard 11 TD season in him if Holmes is gone.

Steve Johnson, I like that offense to improve but, again, this isn't Indy and I think if Lee Evans comes back, and Parrish is back, the ball gets distributed better than it did and defenses will focus on Johnson a lot more... Now he Gets Revis and every top CB from Go. I think Revis shuts down a SJ type WR with ease.

IMO, in this format, guys like Braylon Edwards are nice but, they aren't going to put up lights out numbers high enough to offset what a WR committee will also accomplish. I love Braylon as a Jet and as a player but, fantasy wise he's had 1 significant season and that was a few years back. I think you hope for 1000 yards and 5-7 TD's....

I just don't see his WR's Killing mine enough to make up for the 3 Positions at TE, RB1 and RB2 where I should lead the league and he's scraping by.

And NO, I don't see my WR lighting it up or doing much more than hold the fort but, THAT is the point, my team will be lighting it up at RB1 RB2 and TE. My team is able to hold the fort at WR.

Randy Moss is a wild card here... Who knows what this guy can do at this point and is a nice roll of the dice....

But, if anything I'd put these two teams on even par.... I don't see any position where Jeff will knock me out of the box like I will him at RB1 RB2 and TE....

That said, when I did a quick review right after the draft i did have Jeff, FC and RAZR all in my top 8.

2.14- BSS - Tony Romo, DAL, QB7

18.14 - BSS - Jon Kitna, DAL, QB33

21.03 - BSS - Charlie Whitehurst, SEA, QB39

23.03 - BSS - Ryan Mallett, ROOKIE, QB42

Romo should be ready to roll and he has some of the best weapons in the league at his disposal. At some point you gotta think he has a monster year. Extra picks allow the Kitna backup plan. Got a feeling somebody besides Whitehurst ends up the QB in SEA so that could be a wasted pick. If you were to mold what a QB should look like, Mallet would be it (maybe a little more speed), but I watched this kid at the combine and man does he throw an impressive ball. He could be the real deal. You are a little vulnerable on the DAL bye week if things don’t pan out with your other guys. Maybe should have bit the bullet and invested in a Jason Campbell or whatever earlier in the draft.

1.03 - BSS - Ray Rice, BAL, RB3

6.14 - BSS - Chris Wells, ARI, RB28

8.14 - BSS - Tim Hightower, AZ, RB38

14.14 - BSS - Marion Barber, DAL, RB56

19.03 - BSS - Jordan Todman, ROOKIE, RB71

22.14 - BSS - Steve Slaton, HOU?, RB89

Have seen your comments and the same ones from others about sluffing off the RB2 spot. And who am I to argue with the leader in championships in these things. Rice is a stud, he catches a ton of balls. Lack of TD’s hurts him a little and not sure who will be backing him up, so maybe those increase a little. I have never been a Beanie fan and never will for some reason so really biased against him and Hightower as well for that matter. Barber could be playing somewhere else and either way it seems like his best days are behind him. Maybe Todman becomes a guy you can count on for some RB2 scores. Slaton pick may be a wasted pick as I believe Ward will be the main back, but others think Tate takes over that primary backup role. Went back and looked and IMO I think there were some RB’s on into round 10 that could have really helped this group and had higher ceilings than a guy like Hightower. Guess what I’m thinking is that if you are going to sluff off RB2, then go ahead and do it. But if you are still going to take 3 within the first 8 picks (not really sluffin it) than maybe try to swing for the fences a little more than just grabbing a guys backup. Maybe take a shot on one of the rookies (Ryan Williams) or at least a Michael Bush or Jacobs or something instead of Hightower. If Beanie becomes what people want him to be, then this whole thing may be a moot point, but it seems like we keep waiting for him to take the next step.

3.03 - BSS - Vincent Jackson, SD, WR11

4.14- BSS - Michael Crabtree, SF, WR25

9.03 - BSS - Lance Moore, NO, WR46

10.14 - BSS - Jacoby Jones, HOU, WR57

11.03 - BSS - Nate Burleson, DET, WR59

16.14 - BSS - Eddie Royal, DEN, WR77

20.14 - BSS - Jarrett Dillard, JAX, WR104

24.14 - BSS - Vincent Brown, ROOKIE, WR127

VJ is a good start. I don’t like the Crabtree pick. He is one of those guys, kinda like Beanie, that I am always glad to see other people take so I don’t have too. The QB situation sucks right now, and Boldin was still available, but you probably passed because of the bye week issue with Rice, maybe not, maybe you think Crabtree situation is better and they get a solid QB somehow. Thought you did a real nice job after that though getting some guys that should post a number each week.

5.03 - BSS - Brandon Pettigrew, DET, TE9

7.03 - BSS - Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE17

Solid duo here. Looked at what maybe could have been some other options here for you if you didn’t go with Keller in the 7th and I think there were some things you could have done with that pick, but then it would have been kinda tough to get another quality guy in the Keller type group. So this might have been the way to go if you were set on backing up Petti with a solid player.

12.14 - BSS - Atlanta Falcons, DST17

13.03 - BSS - Kansas City Chiefs, DST20

15.03 - BSS - Billy Cundiff, BAL, PK10

17.03 - BSS - John Kasay, CAR, PK24

Think you will end up being pretty pleased with your DST combo and kickers should be good. I think Cundiff is creeping into the upper group of kickers. He is good.

Overall: The best part of your draft might have been the group of owners you originally assembled. Just kidding. But you did do a great job, pace was awesome and we’ve opened up a can as far as feedback/commentary goes. Can’t put my finger on it, but this team doesn’t knock my socks off for some reason. Could be the Beanie/Hightower/Crabtree hate, I don’t know. Guess I just see a couple potential holes (QB2/RB depth/weak WR2) and maybe a couple of other times where I think you could have gone a different direction with your picks. The Hightower pick bugs me I guess. I want to like this team more and give big props to the defending champ, but just not feelin it. Good luck.

Reaper makes a compelling argument and these rankings are always subject to change after further review and are not considered official until such time that the final review has been completed. Bye weeks are not be factored in at this time.

1. Jeff Pasquino

2. Razrback77

3. Reaper

4. Football Critic

5. BSS

Next up Orgamo....on deck Kruppe

2.14- BSS - Tony Romo, DAL, QB7

18.14 - BSS - Jon Kitna, DAL, QB33

21.03 - BSS - Charlie Whitehurst, SEA, QB39

23.03 - BSS - Ryan Mallett, ROOKIE, QB42

Romo should be ready to roll and he has some of the best weapons in the league at his disposal. At some point you gotta think he has a monster year. Extra picks allow the Kitna backup plan. Got a feeling somebody besides Whitehurst ends up the QB in SEA so that could be a wasted pick. If you were to mold what a QB should look like, Mallet would be it (maybe a little more speed), but I watched this kid at the combine and man does he throw an impressive ball. He could be the real deal. You are a little vulnerable on the DAL bye week if things don’t pan out with your other guys. Maybe should have bit the bullet and invested in a Jason Campbell or whatever earlier in the draft.

1.03 - BSS - Ray Rice, BAL, RB3

6.14 - BSS - Chris Wells, ARI, RB28

8.14 - BSS - Tim Hightower, AZ, RB38

14.14 - BSS - Marion Barber, DAL, RB56

19.03 - BSS - Jordan Todman, ROOKIE, RB71

22.14 - BSS - Steve Slaton, HOU?, RB89

Have seen your comments and the same ones from others about sluffing off the RB2 spot. And who am I to argue with the leader in championships in these things. Rice is a stud, he catches a ton of balls. Lack of TD’s hurts him a little and not sure who will be backing him up, so maybe those increase a little. I have never been a Beanie fan and never will for some reason so really biased against him and Hightower as well for that matter. Barber could be playing somewhere else and either way it seems like his best days are behind him. Maybe Todman becomes a guy you can count on for some RB2 scores. Slaton pick may be a wasted pick as I believe Ward will be the main back, but others think Tate takes over that primary backup role. Went back and looked and IMO I think there were some RB’s on into round 10 that could have really helped this group and had higher ceilings than a guy like Hightower. Guess what I’m thinking is that if you are going to sluff off RB2, then go ahead and do it. But if you are still going to take 3 within the first 8 picks (not really sluffin it) than maybe try to swing for the fences a little more than just grabbing a guys backup. Maybe take a shot on one of the rookies (Ryan Williams) or at least a Michael Bush or Jacobs or something instead of Hightower. If Beanie becomes what people want him to be, then this whole thing may be a moot point, but it seems like we keep waiting for him to take the next step.

3.03 - BSS - Vincent Jackson, SD, WR11

4.14- BSS - Michael Crabtree, SF, WR25

9.03 - BSS - Lance Moore, NO, WR46

10.14 - BSS - Jacoby Jones, HOU, WR57

11.03 - BSS - Nate Burleson, DET, WR59

16.14 - BSS - Eddie Royal, DEN, WR77

20.14 - BSS - Jarrett Dillard, JAX, WR104

24.14 - BSS - Vincent Brown, ROOKIE, WR127

VJ is a good start. I don’t like the Crabtree pick. He is one of those guys, kinda like Beanie, that I am always glad to see other people take so I don’t have too. The QB situation sucks right now, and Boldin was still available, but you probably passed because of the bye week issue with Rice, maybe not, maybe you think Crabtree situation is better and they get a solid QB somehow. Thought you did a real nice job after that though getting some guys that should post a number each week.

5.03 - BSS - Brandon Pettigrew, DET, TE9

7.03 - BSS - Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE17

Solid duo here. Looked at what maybe could have been some other options here for you if you didn’t go with Keller in the 7th and I think there were some things you could have done with that pick, but then it would have been kinda tough to get another quality guy in the Keller type group. So this might have been the way to go if you were set on backing up Petti with a solid player.

12.14 - BSS - Atlanta Falcons, DST17

13.03 - BSS - Kansas City Chiefs, DST20

15.03 - BSS - Billy Cundiff, BAL, PK10

17.03 - BSS - John Kasay, CAR, PK24

Think you will end up being pretty pleased with your DST combo and kickers should be good. I think Cundiff is creeping into the upper group of kickers. He is good.

Overall: The best part of your draft might have been the group of owners you originally assembled. Just kidding. But you did do a great job, pace was awesome and we’ve opened up a can as far as feedback/commentary goes. Can’t put my finger on it, but this team doesn’t knock my socks off for some reason. Could be the Beanie/Hightower/Crabtree hate, I don’t know. Guess I just see a couple potential holes (QB2/RB depth/weak WR2) and maybe a couple of other times where I think you could have gone a different direction with your picks. The Hightower pick bugs me I guess. I want to like this team more and give big props to the TWO TIME defending champ, but just not feelin it. Good luck.

Reaper makes a compelling argument and these rankings are always subject to change after further review and are not considered official until such time that the final review has been completed. Bye weeks are not be factored in at this time.

1. Jeff Pasquino

2. Razrback77

3. Reaper

4. Football Critic

5. BSS

Next up Orgamo....on deck Kruppe
Thanks for the write up Ref.While I agree with you for the most part, Players like Beanie and Crabby have the upside I like to snag ad potentially hit the home run with.

2.03- Orgazmo - Peyton Manning, IND, QB4

9.14 - Orgazmo - Chad Henne, MIA, QB29

19.14 - Orgazmo - Mark Bulger, BAL?, QB36

Manning is a great anchor and what you did backing him up is serviceable although not without question marks. Henne should be able to hang onto the job, but who knows what MIA does here if anything. Bulger could be a steal if he goes elsewhere.

1.14 - Orgazmo - Darren McFadden, OAK, RB9

5.14 - Orgazmo - Shonn Greene, NYJ, RB23

8.03 - Orgazmo - Ryan Grant, GB, RB32

17.14 - Orgazmo - Joe McKnight, NYJ, RB65

20.03 - Orgazmo - Isaac Redman, PIT, RB78

Very nice 1-2-3 punch and I like the McKnight pick where you were able to get him. Grant is one of those guys who seems to get written off/no respect every year, but when the dust settles he is lined up behind Rodgers in a high scoring offense. With only having 5 guys I think you did a pretty good job here and you got 3 pretty solid guys up front although it was a little pricey (within first 8 picks). Guess maybe in this format with extra picks, it might have been nice to add one more body here.

3.14 - Orgazmo - Brandon Lloyd, DEN, WR18

6.03 - Orgazmo - Mario Manningham, NYG, WR29

10.03 - Orgazmo - Emmanuel Sanders, PIT, WR52

12.03 - Orgazmo - Jason Hill, JAX, WR63

15.14 - Orgazmo - Brian Robiskie, CLE, WR71

18.03 - Orgazmo - Darrius Heyward-Bey, OAK, WR88

21.14 - Orgazmo - Titus Young, ROOKIE, WR111

23.14 - Orgazmo - Chris Chambers, WR123

I have seen a lot of people tout Hill as a breakout candidate this year. Guess I’ll have to wait and see, but 12th round just seems a little early with some other options out there. I believe Lloyd was a one hit wonder, but I could be way off base. To me last year was a fluke and I think if you get 70% of that you should be excited, but also a little upset cause that’s your lead dog. Some rankings I have seen have Lloyd as a top 10 WR so getting him at 18 I guess would be considered pretty good value, but then again you have to wonder why he dropping that far and why a guy that was a top 3 WR last year is having 17 other WR’s taken before him. I like Manningham more as a 3 or 4 than a 2. Sanders came on last year and looks to be pushing for time, one of the reasons I will be avoiding Ward in all drafts. I don’t really like what you have done here as you have to post 3 scores each week and I think you will be behind most every team here. I think I look at your Jared Cook pick and even your Henne pick and look at what you could have had at WR that might have helped here. If you don’t pick Cook in the 7th, you could have added a Braylon, Julio, Jordy, Moore, R. Moss, etc here and probably still got a TE the likes of Cook a little later, or just rolled with the Rudolph/Bennet thing you had anyway. Heck you maybe could have got Cook a couple rounds later.

4.03- Orgazmo - Owen Daniels, HOU, TE6

7.14 - Orgazmo - Jared Cook, TEN, TE18

16.03 - Orgazmo - Kyle Rudolph, ROOKIE, TE32

22.03 - Orgazmo - Martellus Bennett, DAL, TE40

Don’t really have a problem with 4 here, but seems a little overkill. Had you used the Cook pick elsewhere I think you help your team more than what he will give you here.

11.14 - Orgazmo - New England Patriots, DST7

13.14 - Orgazmo - Denver Broncos, DST27

14.03 - Orgazmo - Nate Kaeding, SD, PK2

24.03 - Orgazmo - Alex Henery, ROOKIE, PK33

You should be fine here and I think the Henery pick was a solid strategy that allowed you to look elsewhere when everybody else was doing the PK2 thing. Thought about doing this myself as I think the kid will have no trouble locking down a job.

Overall: Manning and your RB’s should be pretty solid, but I getting 3 solid scores from your WR position could be an issue every week and it may be hard for you to make up the ground you lose to the field there.

1. Jeff Pasquino

2. Razrback77

3. Reaper

4. Football Critic

5. BSS

6. Orgazmo

Next up Kruppe....on deck Eak

BSS...but Hightower in the 8th...?...guess just really don't see the AZ running game as a running game that I want to "lock up" with two of my first 8 picks......and then it's also kind of like the old saying for QB's.....if you got two, it means you don't have one...not sure where Hightower would have ended up going, will maybe check the WSL's for a reference, but you probably could have still gotten him with your next pick or two...you mention trying to hit a homerun with Beanie, but by the fact that you felt the need to "lock up" the AZ running game so quickly to me kind of says that you don't really have the confidence in him yourself...

BSS...but Hightower in the 8th...?...guess just really don't see the AZ running game as a running game that I want to "lock up" with two of my first 8 picks......and then it's also kind of like the old saying for QB's.....if you got two, it means you don't have one...not sure where Hightower would have ended up going, will maybe check the WSL's for a reference, but you probably could have still gotten him with your next pick or two...you mention trying to hit a homerun with Beanie, but by the fact that you felt the need to "lock up" the AZ running game so quickly to me kind of says that you don't really have the confidence in him yourself...
Im a believer in his talent. And I could of snagged a rookie, but Hightower produces enough passes. Might be a mistake on my part, if there even is a season I cant wait to see it play out.

Im a believer in his talent. And I could of snagged a rookie, but Hightower produces enough passes. Might be a mistake on my part, if there even is a season I cant wait to see it play out.
I think it was a mistake if only because the success of your 6th round pick will limit the value of your 8th or vice versa. The only way it would be advisable was if you thought Arizona's running game was about to break out in a big way, and I think we all know that ain't happening.Also, Hightower caught more than two passes in only three games last year. In fact, he only had six games with more than one catch and five where he didn't even have one reception. LaRod Stephens-Howling only had five fewer catches than Hightower and he missed three games! Hightower's days as a PPR special are over.

I have seen a lot of people tout Hill as a breakout candidate this year. Guess I’ll have to wait and see, but 12th round just seems a little early with some other options out there. I believe Lloyd was a one hit wonder, but I could be way off base. To me last year was a fluke and I think if you get 70% of that you should be excited, but also a little upset cause that’s your lead dog. Some rankings I have seen have Lloyd as a top 10 WR so getting him at 18 I guess would be considered pretty good value, but then again you have to wonder why he dropping that far and why a guy that was a top 3 WR last year is having 17 other WR’s taken before him. I like Manningham more as a 3 or 4 than a 2. Sanders came on last year and looks to be pushing for time, one of the reasons I will be avoiding Ward in all drafts. I don’t really like what you have done here as you have to post 3 scores each week and I think you will be behind most every team here. I think I look at your Jared Cook pick and even your Henne pick and look at what you could have had at WR that might have helped here. If you don’t pick Cook in the 7th, you could have added a Braylon, Julio, Jordy, Moore, R. Moss, etc here and probably still got a TE the likes of Cook a little later, or just rolled with the Rudolph/Bennet thing you had anyway. Heck you maybe could have got Cook a couple rounds later.
So much effort here. Thank you.With another mock under my belt, I probably could've felt the rhythm better to let some of my targets slide a bit. I don't regret my selections so much as when I could have got them, but being near the turn of a 16 team draft I wanted my targets. Apart from Jordy, I don't feel much about the possible receivers you mentioned. They'll have some good games but nothing consistent so I figured if I'm going to get that anyway, I'd lean towards up and comers.Anyway, it's just a strategy I wanted to try... good QB, decent RBs & TEs and a WRBC with some guys I'm thinking could take the next step.

3.04 - kruppe - Ben Roethlisberger, PIT, QB8

8.13 - kruppe - Carson Palmer, CIN, QB25

23.04 - kruppe - Mike Kafka, PHI, QB43

Ben should be fine, but a little concerned about your backup situation. I think we all want to think something will work out with Palmer, but not so sure it will. I dont think they will trade him, I really dont, and after the things he has said, I dont see him tucking tail and coming back. CIN could look at using their second round, heck even their 1st on a QB and calling it good. And while their will be a ton of interest in Kolb and PHI may get some offers, there is a good chance he doesnt get traded. His contract situation makes him a very nice backup for PHI right now. Palmer in the 8th felt like a forced pick for you. Looking back I think you maybe could have afforded giving up your Branch or Williams pick and snagging a QB with a little better situation than Palmer. I like some of the other QBs from 6.15 to 8.05 maybe a little better, and IMO I would have thought about Campbell instead of Palmer and Campbell didnt go until 9.08. I thought Andys pick of Campbell there was one of the better picks in the draft (especially since he took Cassell as his QB1) Could have used your 8th on Jones and your 9th on Campbell and still had Branch/Williams. Looks like OAK has committed to Campbell and Grad is out the door.

1.04 - kruppe - Arian Foster, HOU, RB4

4.13- kruppe - Knowshon Moreno, DEN, RB19

12.13 - kruppe - WIllis McGahee, BAL, RB50

16.13 - kruppe - Ben Tate, HOU, RB61

18.13 - kruppe - Ricky Williams, MIA?, RB70

19.04 - kruppe - Brandon Jackson, GB, RB72

22.13 - kruppe - Noel Divine, ROOKIE, RB88

I like this group a lot and the only concern at the top might be if DEN brings in somebody for more of a RBBC. But I like your group here and thought you did a good job waiting and still getting some depth. Not sure Tate will be the main backup in HOU but if healthy, they will probably give him a chance to see what they have in him. Think Willis is only like 29 and he could end up in a nice spot. Ricky shows up every once in awhile. Jackson is a decent pick in the 19th and a solid flyer on Divine late. Looking back, I guess it is a matter of personal preference but there were some other backs you could have taken besides Moreno, but I guess they all have some type of question mark (Bradshaw, Blount, Greene) stand out to me as other options here. Blount might have been my pick but I am higher on him than most.

5.04 - kruppe - Anquan Boldin, BAL, WR26

6.13 - kruppe - Deion Branch, NE WR32

7.04 - kruppe - Mike Williams, SEA, WR35

9.04 - kruppe - James Jones, GB, WR47

10.13 - kruppe - Mike Sims-Walker, JAX, WR56

15.04 - kruppe - Steve Breaston, AZ, WR69

24.13 - kruppe - David Nelson, BUF, WR128

Where will MSW end up and as the days go by we seem to be getting further and further away from his breakout season. For not getting a WR until 5.04 this could have been a lot worse. 4 of your next 5 picks were WR and not a bad way to go, but your 6-7 turn seems a little soft. Guess Im not in love with the Branch pick and maybe think you could have added a little more pop there with one of the guys that was still available through the mid 8th. Guess Im just not sold that he is going to be a huge piece of the NE pie. You might have been lucky to get Boldin there as I think some of the teams that took a WR in the 4th should have taken him. This group as a whole isnt bad and if Breaston competes for a job, he and Nelson could give you a score here and there. Jones could make or break this group.

2.13- kruppe - Jason Witten, DAL, TE3

20.13 - kruppe - Clay Harbor, PHI, TE36

21.04 - kruppe - Daniel Fells, STL, TE37

Love Witten in this format and he will have to carry you. You had some opportunities to back him up a little stronger and it could hurt you.

14.13 - kruppe - Stephen Gostkowski, NE, PK7

17.04 - kruppe - Shaun Suisham, PIT, PK25

11.04 - kruppe - New York Jets, DST3

13.04 - kruppe - St. Louis Rams, DST21

Like your Ds and hopefully Suisham wins the job.

Overall: Nice draft, couple of times you maybe could have done a couple things different. As of right now, I think the Palmer pick could eventually be your undoing. But solid RBs, stud TE, and serviceable WRs that should keep you around.

1. Jeff Pasquino

2. Razrback77

3. Reaper

4. Football Critic

5. Kruppe

6. BSS

7. Orgazmo

Next up Eak....on deck Jeter

5.13 - eakfootball - Mark Sanchez, NYJ, QB17

12.04 - eakfootball - Blaine Gabbert, ROOKIE, QB32

20.04 - eakfootball - Tyler Thigpen, MIA?, QB37

Tough draft spot when you pass on QB in the first 4 rounds and some teams start taking their QB2 in the beginning of the 5th. IMO only I would have taken Stafford over Sanchez. I understand the injury concerns, but I think Stafford puts up bigger scoring weeks. Sanchez was the safe play and you could be okay if Gabbert starts from day one, but with Sanchez and the Jets running quite a bit, a backup QB to give you a couple of options to choose from each week might have been the play and there were some available through the mid 9th. Behind most others here every week. Sanchez bye might not be covered.

2.04- eakfootball - Michael Turner, ATL, RB12

4.04- eakfootball - Jonathan Stewart, CAR, RB15

7.13 - eakfootball - Mike LeShoure, ROOK, RB29

14.04 - eakfootball - Kendall Hunter, ROOKIE, RB54

18.04 - eakfootball - Jalen Parmele, BAL, RB66

24.04 - eakfootball - Maurice Morris, DET, RB91

Turner/Stew is ok even though Turner doesn’t catch a ton of balls. Hopefully the Stewart situation works out for you as well as the rooks or you could be in trouble. Your first two picks were Falcons. Can’t really hate on the Turner pick, but some other backs could have been the play if that was an issue at all for you. And with the CAR situation still up in the air, the Stew pick could have been a little different too. I don’t know, I just see a couple other combos I might have liked better with Roddy. You definitely like the rooks and LeShoure could have some immediate impact.

1.13 - eakfootball - Roddy White, ATL, WR3

3.13 - eakfootball - Dez Bryant, DAL, WR17

6.04 - eakfootball - AJ Green, ROOKIE, WR30

8.04 - eakfootball - Julio Jones, ROOKIE, WR43

16.04 - eakfootball - Devery Henderson, NO, WR72

17.13 - eakfootball - Leonard Hankerson, ROOKIE, WR86 -

19.13 - eakfootball - Taylor Price, NE, WR101

23.13 - eakfootball - Seyi Ajirotutu, SD, WR122

Could potentially be a very explosive group if the first two rooks live up to the hype. Even Hankerson could end up producing right away as some have him going to KC opposite Bowe. Took a chance here and it could pay off or it could blow up in your face, but Roddy is a great anchor.

9.13 - eakfootball - Tony Moeaki, KC, TE22

10.04 - eakfootball - Brent Celek, PHI, TE24

21.13 - eakfootball - Michael Hoomanawanui, STL, TE39

22.04 - eakfootball - Fendi Onobun, STL, TE41

I am amazed by the number of STL TE’s that went in this draft of sharks when STL has McDaniels as the OC. Two of them on the same team is just amazing. To me those are huge wasted picks, and one of them should have been a PK of some sort, even a rook PK that might win a job. That said, there are worse combos then your top two and you may actually be ok here.

11.13 - eakfootball - Philadelphia Eagles, DST6

13.13 - eakfootball - Carolina Panthers, DST28

15.13 - eakfootball - Josh Scobee, JAX, PK15

No excuse for not having another PK when you take two STL TE’s. Guaranteed yourself zero points here in at least one week.

Overall: Kinda strange but I like this group for some reason. It is a rookie heavy team but 4 of them have a chance to be immediate impact guys. But as much as I like it, I think QB will hurt this team early, and I thought the last 4th of your draft was by far the worst in the league. I would like it so much better with a higher per game QB as the lead dog, or even with Sanchez if you had another QB like Fitz or Campbell. To me in this format, Sanchez is a upper QB2 not a lead dog. Kinda of a lesson learned for me in these things this year, that with the QB2 runs starting sooner and sooner with all the question marks at QB in the league, if you are at the bottom of the draft order, you almost have to get a QB in the first four rounds. That may change a little when/if the McNabb’s, Kolbs, Youngs, Ortons etc find homes. So while I like the approach and the talent accumulated, I can’t get too excited with all the current question marks this team has. Bottom level QB’s, Stew situation and rooks, rook WR’s, two STL TE’s, and one PK. Could have been a contenda with a couple different picks and if you would have shown up for the 4th quarter.

This is getting harder……

1. Jeff Pasquino

2. Razrback77

3. Reaper

4. Football Critic

5. Kruppe

6. Eakfootball

7. BSS

8. Orgazmo

Next up Jeter....on deck Steel Dillo

:2cents: 5.13 - eakfootball - Mark Sanchez, NYJ, QB1712.04 - eakfootball - Blaine Gabbert, ROOKIE, QB3220.04 - eakfootball - Tyler Thigpen, MIA?, QB37Tough draft spot when you pass on QB in the first 4 rounds and some teams start taking their QB2 in the beginning of the 5th. IMO only I would have taken Stafford over Sanchez. I understand the injury concerns, but I think Stafford puts up bigger scoring weeks. Sanchez was the safe play and you could be okay if Gabbert starts from day one, but with Sanchez and the Jets running quite a bit, a backup QB to give you a couple of options to choose from each week might have been the play and there were some available through the mid 9th. Behind most others here every week. Sanchez bye might not be covered.2.04- eakfootball - Michael Turner, ATL, RB124.04- eakfootball - Jonathan Stewart, CAR, RB157.13 - eakfootball - Mike LeShoure, ROOK, RB2914.04 - eakfootball - Kendall Hunter, ROOKIE, RB5418.04 - eakfootball - Jalen Parmele, BAL, RB6624.04 - eakfootball - Maurice Morris, DET, RB91Turner/Stew is ok even though Turner doesn’t catch a ton of balls. Hopefully the Stewart situation works out for you as well as the rooks or you could be in trouble. Your first two picks were Falcons. Can’t really hate on the Turner pick, but some other backs could have been the play if that was an issue at all for you. And with the CAR situation still up in the air, the Stew pick could have been a little different too. I don’t know, I just see a couple other combos I might have liked better with Roddy. You definitely like the rooks and LeShoure could have some immediate impact. 1.13 - eakfootball - Roddy White, ATL, WR33.13 - eakfootball - Dez Bryant, DAL, WR176.04 - eakfootball - AJ Green, ROOKIE, WR308.04 - eakfootball - Julio Jones, ROOKIE, WR4316.04 - eakfootball - Devery Henderson, NO, WR7217.13 - eakfootball - Leonard Hankerson, ROOKIE, WR86 - 19.13 - eakfootball - Taylor Price, NE, WR10123.13 - eakfootball - Seyi Ajirotutu, SD, WR122Could potentially be a very explosive group if the first two rooks live up to the hype. Even Hankerson could end up producing right away as some have him going to KC opposite Bowe. Took a chance here and it could pay off or it could blow up in your face, but Roddy is a great anchor.9.13 - eakfootball - Tony Moeaki, KC, TE2210.04 - eakfootball - Brent Celek, PHI, TE2421.13 - eakfootball - Michael Hoomanawanui, STL, TE3922.04 - eakfootball - Fendi Onobun, STL, TE41I am amazed by the number of STL TE’s that went in this draft of sharks when STL has McDaniels as the OC. Two of them on the same team is just amazing. To me those are huge wasted picks, and one of them should have been a PK of some sort, even a rook PK that might win a job. That said, there are worse combos then your top two and you may actually be ok here. 11.13 - eakfootball - Philadelphia Eagles, DST613.13 - eakfootball - Carolina Panthers, DST28 15.13 - eakfootball - Josh Scobee, JAX, PK15No excuse for not having another PK when you take two STL TE’s. Guaranteed yourself zero points here in at least one week.Overall: Kinda strange but I like this group for some reason. It is a rookie heavy team but 4 of them have a chance to be immediate impact guys. But as much as I like it, I think QB will hurt this team early, and I thought the last 4th of your draft was by far the worst in the league. I would like it so much better with a higher per game QB as the lead dog, or even with Sanchez if you had another QB like Fitz or Campbell. To me in this format, Sanchez is a upper QB2 not a lead dog. Kinda of a lesson learned for me in these things this year, that with the QB2 runs starting sooner and sooner with all the question marks at QB in the league, if you are at the bottom of the draft order, you almost have to get a QB in the first four rounds. That may change a little when/if the McNabb’s, Kolbs, Youngs, Ortons etc find homes. So while I like the approach and the talent accumulated, I can’t get too excited with all the current question marks this team has. Bottom level QB’s, Stew situation and rooks, rook WR’s, two STL TE’s, and one PK. Could have been a contenda with a couple different picks and if you would have shown up for the 4th quarter. This is getting harder……1. Jeff Pasquino2. Razrback773. Reaper4. Football Critic5. Kruppe6. Eakfootball7. BSS8. OrgazmoNext up Jeter....on deck Steel Dillo
seriously? THere is no way in hell this all risk team out lasts mine. (that being said Im probably doomed week1)His QB situation is worst in this league. Turner catches like 6 passes and the Stewart thing is totally up in the air.Those WR are wayy to risky to survive and then the STL TE thing is just weird. This team is a bottom 5 candidate

BSS...ranking are unofficial at this point still....but him being ranked ahead of you is with an eye looking at Sept not May....

but...

give you egde at QB cause DAL will outproduce NYJ....but Gabbert may have just as good or a better chance to start than any of your backup QB's giving him a possible edge at having two scores to choose from each week....

like his RB's better than yours (AZ run game hatred)...LeShoure could outscore the entire AZ running game by himself let alone between him and Stewart....Rice gives you a edge at RB1...but he gets the rest....

love the potetial explosiveness of his top 4 WR whereas I don't like any of yours after VJax

edge to you at TE and PK

an arguement could be made either way....thats why it's :2cents: and only for discussion....and unofficial at this point...thinking Gabbert will start, his overall edge at RB, and 4 potential studs at WR give him the nod even though he has one PK....the two STL TE's were just wasted picks and damage to his depth elsewhere but still like his weekly options better....I think the ground he loses at QB/TE/PK will be covered at RB2/WR2/WR3....

also...these rankings aren't factoring in bye weeks.....will do that after they are all complete.....(DAL QB/Rice is killer for you there)

eta: if Gabbert falls to MIN...IMO you lose your edge at QB....

5.05 - Jeter23 - Sam Bradford, STL, QB14

7.05 - Jeter23 - Kevin Kolb, PHI, QB21

19.05 - Jeter23 - Matt Flynn, GB, QB34

I really like Bradford in that offense and he even gets more of a boost with McD in town. Expect him to out produce the QB14 spot where you got him. After that man I dont know. You are banking on Kolb getting traded but just not sure that happens. If it does, it vaults you up probably 10 spots in QB only rankings, but if not, trouble. Was looking at your draft and to me the key pick for you was the Holmes pick. When you went WR with 3 of your first 4 picks it really dictated a few things. In a start 3 WR I can see why you did what you did, and you probably knew it would have some consequence. While not directly affecting your backup QB, I think it did somewhat. Could be in trouble here, but I like the Bradford pick.

1.05 - Jeter23 - Jamaal Charles, KC, RB5

8.12 - jeter23 - Ryan Torain, WASH, RB37

11.05 - Jeter23 - Bernard Scott, CIN, RB48

14.12 - jeter23 - Rashad Jennings, TEN, RB55

17.05 - Jeter23 - Justin Forsett, SEA, RB63

22.12 - jeter23 - Marcel Reece, OAK, RB87

24.12 - jeter23 - Jonathan Dwyer, PIT, RB97

Whew….I like Torain probably more than most people in these things, but if he isnt what we think, you could be hurtin here. I think you even mentioned you needed a body and there he was. I think hes got game, but obviously this is where the Holmes pick had the most affect on your team. Holmes seemed a little bit like a luxury with Fitz and Desean on board. So then you have to go Bradford where you got him. If you dont take Holmes, one of your 4/5 picks could be a RB2 and Bradford. Now by the time it gets back to you in 6th almost all the RBs are dried up. I understand the Lewis pick as he seemed like value there as TE15 and you cant really pass that up. But that also cost you RB and then you went Kolb in 7th. Tough run not getting two RBs in 1st seven picks and picking towards the end of round 8. You have some solid depth here in that your backups could still be productive, but well see. In this draft the name Jason Campbell keeps popping up for me as I think he was a little undervalued with all of the question marks at QB and OAK seeming have committed to him. I would have liked him on this team instead of Kolb. You could have gotten him in the 9th, a RB2 with the 4th and a solid WR3 with the 7th, maybe not a Holmes, but possibly close.

2.12- jeter23 - Larry FItzgerald, ARI, WR7

3.05 - Jeter23 - Desean Jackson, PHI, WR12

4.12- jeter23 - Santonio Holmes, NYJ, WR24

9.05 - Jeter23 - Davone Bess, MIA, WR48

18.12 - jeter23 - Eric Decker, DEN, WR92

21.05 - Jeter23 - Greg Little, ROOKIE, WR106

23.05 - Jeter23 - Julian Edelman, NE, WR116

Really like this group. Definite strength and like what you did late. One more body might have been good in a start 3, maybe instead of your two late flyers at RB you could have snagged a WR.

6.12 - jeter23 - Marcedes Lewis, JAX, TE15

10.12 - jeter23 - Ben Watson, CLE, TE25

20.12 - jeter23 - Ed Dickson, BAL, TE35

Like this group as well and feel you should get a solid score here. Personally I thought you got a ton of value where you got them. For some reason Watson as TE25 seems like robbery. I dont think any of us expect a repeat performance by Lewis, but even if you get ¾ of what he did it should be nice as TE15 and this group should keep its head above water easily.

12.12 - jeter23 - Arizona Cardinals, DST16

13.05 - Jeter23 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers, DST22

15.05 - Jeter23 - Adam Vinatieri, INDY, PK11

16.12 - jeter23 - David Buehler, DAL, PK21

Works.

Overall: If Torain is the real deal, I like this team. But it seems like a couple of other decisions could have really put you in a better overall spot. Kolb getting traded bumps this whole team up, and getting consistent RB2 scores could be tough. With your top 2 WRs on board, I guess I maybe would have liked to have seen a Moreno/Bradshaw or something added in the 4th round. But youll get a decent ranking cause I think Torain runs hard and I like his game and so does Shanny.

Might have to shuffle these a little later….think what is making it tough is each team will have a weakness and its almost a matter of which weakness causes the least amount of damage.

1. Jeff Pasquino

2. Razrback77

3. Reaper

4. Football Critic

5. Jeter23

6. Kruppe

7. Eakfootball

8. BSS

9. Orgazmo

Next up Steel Dillo....on deck Norse…

Users who are viewing this thread