What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL BSS Discussion Thread...... (1 Viewer)

Its interesting bass and we probably need twilight to chime in.

How many times has the 3/def thing worked? = Title.

I have gone 1 QB and won it, I have gone 1 K and won it. I only did 1 defense once and flamed out (my first SSL ever).

I get the strategy because you make at least 1 team only have single Def. but does it pay off for the team snaggin 3?

How did mad viking do that time he took 4 defenses???
Irrelevant to compare three defenses to previous drafts. On those, you were limited to 20 picks and with 24 you should be able to cushion your drop off at other positions. It is a definite advantage for all the two DST teams and three DST teams over the one DST teams.
Taking a shot at the original question:Do teams with three defenses have a better chance than those with two (or gasp, one)?

First, here's what I did:

(Note - bye overlaps are ignored, we're just looking at scores)

I used Twilight's scoring site to grab all the scores for the defenses.

Average scores (512 scores, 32x16) = 8.1 points

Standard Deviation = 5.95 points

What that means is that 63% of the scores are going to be within 1 std dev of the average, and 95% of the scores will be within 2.

So if I do the math, the teams scoring between 3 and 14 points is 348, which is 68%. Pretty good. Actually those between 4 and 15 is 63%, so we're in the basic ballpark.

Now the questions I asked:

1. If I have 1, 2, or 3 teams, what are the odds I get 0-4 points for my defense?

2. If I have 1, 2, or 3 teams, what are the odds I get 8 or more points for my defense?

Answers:

1. One team = 37%. Two teams = 14%. Three teams = 5%.

2. One team = 42%. Two teams = 66%. Three teams = 81%.

Conclusion - you are more likely to both avoid bad weeks (0-4 points) with 3 defenses by almost a factor of three over teams with two, and almost seven times as insulated as a team with one defense.

Three defense teams are also nearly twice as likely than teams with one defense to get at least eight points in a given week (81% vs. 42%) and about 23% more likely to do better than two team defenses. That translates to about 12-13 "good" weeks for 3-def squads against 10-11 for 2-def squads (and just 6-7 for 1-def squads).

Significant? Quite possibly. It certainly doesn't hurt.
Taking a similar shot with kickers:

Do teams with three kickers have a better chance than those with two (or gasp, one)?

First, here's what I did:

(Note - bye overlaps are ignored, we're just looking at scores)

I used Twilight's scoring site to grab all the scores for the defenses.

Average scores (512 scores, 32x16) = 6 points (5.99 points to be precise, so 6)

Standard Deviation = 4.20 points

Here's where Standard Deviation breaks down, probably because the results are one-sided (can't go under 0).

The general results (which can be significant):

A whopping 78 kickers posted a zero. Now, that could be because of injury, getting cut or whatever - but that's not insignificant at all. That's over 15%. Compare that to kickers getting over 8 points in a game which happens just over one in four times (26%). So yes, having three can be an advantage over two - and certainly over one.

Now the questions I asked:

1. If I have 1, 2, or 3 teams, what are the odds I get 0-4 points for my kicker?

2. If I have 1, 2, or 3 teams, what are the odds I get 7 or more points for my kicker?

Answers:

1. One team = 62%. Two teams = 14%. Three teams = 5%.

2. One team = 45%. Two teams = 69%. Three teams = 83%.

Conclusion - you are more likely to both avoid bad weeks (0-4 points) with 3 kickers by almost a factor of three over teams with two, and almost 12 times as insulated as a team with one kicker.

Three kicker teams are also nearly twice as likely than teams with one kicker to get at least 7 points in a given week (83% vs. 45%) and about 14% more likely to do better than two kickers. That translates to about 12-13 "good" weeks for 3-kicker squads against 10-11 for 2-kicker squads (and just 6-7 for 1-kicker squads).

Significant? Quite possibly. It certainly doesn't hurt.

So yeah, 3Ks does kind of mirror 3D/STs, although the point spread (3 instead of 4) isn't as big - but it still very well could matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Kenny Britt likely heading to jail, can I just punt the rest of my picks?
All one of them?
:lol: Didn't even realize...Okay. Can I punt my whole team? Not that the Britt arrest really makes a difference to that sentiment.
My WSL squad has Kenny Britt and Demaryius Thomas = :cry:
ouch...kinda digging my 22.06 (Damian Williams) pick a little more now......thought he would be pushing Washington to start anyway.....maybe with a Britt suspension he gives me a few good scores early and solidifies a starting gig.....

All one of them?
:lol: Didn't even realize...Okay. Can I punt my whole team? Not that the Britt arrest really makes a difference to that sentiment.
ouch...kinda digging my 22.06 (Damian Williams) pick a little more now......thought he would be pushing Washington to start anyway.....maybe with a Britt suspension he gives me a few good scores early and solidifies a starting gig.....
...or Randy Moss goes back?

All one of them?
was my slam dunk pick at 22.07 sigh

All one of them?
Yeah, after doing some fishing for WR"s last night I didn't see Williams picked yet and thought I found a nice gem.....I guess he'll break into the 18 round drafts now :shrug:

All one of them?
almost took him in 21 but thought he had a better chance getting back to me than Cribbs...not really sure why, cause personally I like Williams chances for production better than Cribbs...

OK I will bite here - and no, I'm not just saying this - what's the appeal of Damian Williams (Pre-Britt issues)?

He had 16 catches for 219 yards and no scores. What's the appeal?

I don't get this one. I'll hang up and listen.

BTW, I'd love a "can't believe he didn't get picked" list from several of you after we're done. I think that's part of the fun.

OK I will bite here - and no, I'm not just saying this - what's the appeal of Damian Williams (Pre-Britt issues)?He had 16 catches for 219 yards and no scores. What's the appeal?I don't get this one. I'll hang up and listen.
No idea. I never even herd of Clay Harbor or the dude that GetintheMix just took. LMFAO

OK I will bite here - and no, I'm not just saying this - what's the appeal of Damian Williams (Pre-Britt issues)?He had 16 catches for 219 yards and no scores. What's the appeal?I don't get this one. I'll hang up and listen.
like Reaper I was doing some digging at WR.....not saying Williams is any kind of future breakout guy or anything, but this is just some of what I saw when I started looking in to him and really the only reason he caught me attention.....Former Titans WRs coach Fred Graves suggests Damian Williams could contend for a starting job in 2011 due to his high football IQ."He understands pass concepts," said Graves. "He understands defensive coverages ... You'll be able to move him around, put him in different positions." Justin Gage is a candidate to be released, and Williams could push Nate Washington into the No. 3 role with a strong summer. He's merely a Dynasty prospect at this point. Mar 24, 9:32 PMSource: Pro Football WeeklyBeat writer Jim Wyatt believes Damian Williams should be the Titans' No. 2 receiver opposite Kenny Britt next season.Justin Gage is scheduled to earn $3.5 million next season and Wyatt sees Nate Washington as a No. 3 receiver at best. Williams, a third-round pick out of USC last season, caught just 16 passes for 219 yards as as rookie. Even if he did make a leap this offseason, the Titans' offense is a poor bet to support two wide receivers in fantasy. Jan 8, 9:54 AMSource: Jim Wyatt on Twitter that is all....

guess really it is just about opportunity...there are probably plenty of guys who put up a similiar stat line as Williams a year before being in a better situation and producing....

with or without the Britt incident, he had a chance to be a starter.....and I have posted before, my feelings about Britt...

1/3 or Britts TD's came in one game last year and almost 1/3 of his yards receiving came in that same game....

like Reaper I was doing some digging at WR.....not saying Williams is any kind of future breakout guy or anything, but this is just some of what I saw when I started looking in to him and really the only reason he caught me attention.....Former Titans WRs coach Fred Graves suggests Damian Williams could contend for a starting job in 2011 due to his high football IQ."He understands pass concepts," said Graves. "He understands defensive coverages ... You'll be able to move him around, put him in different positions." Justin Gage is a candidate to be released, and Williams could push Nate Washington into the No. 3 role with a strong summer. He's merely a Dynasty prospect at this point. Mar 24, 9:32 PMSource: Pro Football WeeklyBeat writer Jim Wyatt believes Damian Williams should be the Titans' No. 2 receiver opposite Kenny Britt next season.Justin Gage is scheduled to earn $3.5 million next season and Wyatt sees Nate Washington as a No. 3 receiver at best. Williams, a third-round pick out of USC last season, caught just 16 passes for 219 yards as as rookie. Even if he did make a leap this offseason, the Titans' offense is a poor bet to support two wide receivers in fantasy. Jan 8, 9:54 AMSource: Jim Wyatt on Twitter that is all....
:goodposting: In round 22 and WR 110 that's all it takes to get one excited.Then again, I got Chaz Schilens instead who is ranked 54 on the latest Pasquino Dynasty rankings :thumbup:

:goodposting: In round 22 and WR 110 that's all it takes to get one excited.
Thanks. Learning more about these marginal guys this time of year does help. He really didn't catch my eye last year, but the news blurbs help - although that could easily be coachspeak heading into the draft.
Then again, I got Chaz Schilens instead who is ranked 54 on the latest Pasquino Dynasty rankings :thumbup:
:lmao:Considering that I've come around on Jacoby Ford of late, perhaps I should push Mr. Schilens back down... realistically, good luck figuring out OAK WRs...

:goodposting: In round 22 and WR 110 that's all it takes to get one excited.
Thanks. Learning more about these marginal guys this time of year does help. He really didn't catch my eye last year, but the news blurbs help - although that could easily be coachspeak heading into the draft.
Then again, I got Chaz Schilens instead who is ranked 54 on the latest Pasquino Dynasty rankings :thumbup:
:lmao:Considering that I've come around on Jacoby Ford of late, perhaps I should push Mr. Schilens back down... realistically, good luck figuring out OAK WRs...
Dude... I got WR FIFTY FREAKING FOUR when WR 108 was coming off the board. Can you spell VALUE? ;)

fwiw...as far as it being coachspeak prior to a draft....I think it was actually a former coach in one of the blurbs....not sure if that matters at all...

most likely WR was a position they were looking at upgrading anyway in some way, shape or form.....the Britt incident maybe cranks that up a little, so Williams situation may change a few times before the season starts....kind of doing the Jim Carey theres a chance thing here which is about all you got in these late rounds....

1.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Frank Gore, SF, RB10

2.01- Jeff Pasquino - Greg Jennings, GB, WR4

3.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Eli Manning, NYG, QB10

4.01- Jeff Pasquino - Steve Johnson, BUF, WR20

5.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Zach Miller, OAK, TE12

6.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Matthew Stafford, DET, QB18

7.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Joseph Addai, INDY, RB31

8.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Braylon Edwards, NYJ?, WR41

9.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Ryan Williams, ROOKIE, RB43

10.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Randy Moss, FA, WR51

11.16 - Jeff Pasquino - San Diego Chargers, DST9

12.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Dallas Cowboys, DST10

13.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Houston Texans, DST29

14.01 - Jeff Pasquino - David Akers, PHI, PK1

15.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Ryan Longwell, MIN, PK17

16.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Anthony Fasano, MIA, TE30

17.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Ben Obomanu, SEA, WR84

18.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Josh Morgan, SF, WR85

19.16 - Jeff Pasquino - John Kuhn, GB, RB76

20.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Anthony Gonzalez, INDY, WR102

21.16 - Jeff Pasquino - Delone Carter, ROOKIE, RB85

22.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Rex Grossman, WASH, QB41

23.16 - Jeff Pasquino - DJ Williams, ROOKIE, TE44

24.01 - Jeff Pasquino - Early Doucet, AZ, WR124
After 24 picks:QB - Eli Manning, Matthew Stafford, Rex Grossman

RB - Frank Gore, Joseph Addai, Ryan Williams, John Kuhn, Delone Carter

WR - Greg Jennings, Steve Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, Ben Obomanu, Josh Morgan, Anthony Gonzalez, Early Doucet

TE - Zach Miller (OAK), Anthony Fasano, DJ Williams

PK - David Akers, Ryan Longwell

D/ST - Dallas, San Diego, Houston

QB - Three starters with two of them having explosive receivers. At worst a B here.

RB - Much depends on Williams and Carter's fate in the draft, but rookie RBs are the most likely first year players to contribute. Gore and Addai should hold down the fort fine. Probably the weakest part of the team. C+ with upside in two weeks.

WR - Two #1s in Jennings and Steve Johnson, plus Braylon Edwards will likely be either a strong WR2 or a WR1A wherever he goes. Who knows with Randy Moss. Morgan is the WR2 in SF, while Obomanu should also be the WR2 in Seattle. AGonzalez has upside in Indy (esp. if Collie hurt) and I like Early Doucet to get 400+ yards and 3-4 TDs. Not bad for a WR8. Not jump up and down material, but better than average. B/B-.

TE - Zach Miller will lead the way here, and he's good enough to do so. Fasano is not great but 3-4 catches and 40 yards gives 10-12 points, which should be just fine for a TE2. Williams should be the second or third TE off the board in the draft and is one of the top receiving TEs this year. Enough teams need TE and they all saw what NE's duo can do so receiving TEs can help out in year one. Grade is a B/B- with upside.

PK - Akers and Longwell are both Top 10-15 guys. Have to give this an A, but A PKs are not going to win you the league - but they can keep you from losing.

D/ST - Three defenses (DAL/HOU/SD) should be one of the top 2-3 teams in this league. Only Bass has 3 and two teams have just one. As I pointed out earlier, that should be good for a 4-8 point advantage several weeks. That's going to be significant I think. Plus DAL and SD are top half defenses. A grade.

Overall - I give it a B. Looking back I think I could have waited at PK2 and gotten Tamme or more RB help. Even though I view RBs as the likely weak link here, I could not see going after a 6th RB with just two starters each week. Given the uncertainty of Randy Moss and the value I saw in Early Doucet that was the direction I chose to go. I'll drop the RB name after the 24th round is over and see if anyone says I should have picked that guy instead.

WR - Greg Jennings, Steve Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, Ben Obomanu, Josh Morgan, Anthony Gonzalez, Early Doucet

QB - Three starters with two of them having explosive receivers. At worst a B here.

RB - Much depends on Williams and Carter's fate in the draft, but rookie RBs are the most likely first year players to contribute. Gore and Addai should hold down the fort fine. Probably the weakest part of the team. C+ with upside in two weeks.

WR - Two #1s in Jennings and Steve Johnson, plus Braylon Edwards will likely be either a strong WR2 or a WR1A wherever he goes. Who knows with Randy Moss. Morgan is the WR2 in SF, while Obomanu should also be the WR2 in Seattle. AGonzalez has upside in Indy (esp. if Collie hurt) and I like Early Doucet to get 400+ yards and 3-4 TDs. Not bad for a WR8. Not jump up and down material, but better than average. B/B-.

TE - Zach Miller will lead the way here, and he's good enough to do so. Fasano is not great but 3-4 catches and 40 yards gives 10-12 points, which should be just fine for a TE2. Williams should be the second or third TE off the board in the draft and is one of the top receiving TEs this year. Enough teams need TE and they all saw what NE's duo can do so receiving TEs can help out in year one. Grade is a B/B- with upside.

PK - Akers and Longwell are both Top 10-15 guys. Have to give this an A, but A PKs are not going to win you the league - but they can keep you from losing.

D/ST - Three defenses (DAL/HOU/SD) should be one of the top 2-3 teams in this league. Only Bass has 3 and two teams have just one. As I pointed out earlier, that should be good for a 4-8 point advantage several weeks. That's going to be significant I think. Plus DAL and SD are top half defenses. A grade.

Overall - I give it a B. Looking back I think I could have waited at PK2 and gotten Tamme or more RB help. Even though I view RBs as the likely weak link here, I could not see going after a 6th RB with just two starters each week. Given the uncertainty of Randy Moss and the value I saw in Early Doucet that was the direction I chose to go. I'll drop the RB name after the 24th round is over and see if anyone says I should have picked that guy instead.
You give yourself an above average grade?Its a C to me. Very average all around.

QB - Eli Manning, Matthew Stafford, Rex Grossman - At worst a B? Eli is so off and on its not even funny, Stafford cannot stay healthy and to use him as leverage in a "well, one has to pan out" type scenerio is not even logical. You have really no track record to go on with Stafford, and to count on Grossman at all is not a wise thing to do. Eli is a B player, Stafford is a C for now, and Grossman is a fail, but in the late rounds is not bad when looking for upside, BUT GROSSMAN HAS NONE! So its a C.

RB - Frank Gore, Joseph Addai, Ryan Williams, John Kuhn, Delone Carter - You only have five and i believe you said it depends on where your young runners go? What? This is your worst position bar none, Gore is over, yes I said it, 2 bumb knees and a broken hip? I believe my grandmother never even had that. I took Dixon in belief that gore cannot stay healthy, EVER. Addai is the same thing, as a person with nerve damage in the neck from a football injury, it is worse then you think. One quick turn of his neck, even untouched can be very bad. 2 of the riskiest players at the position. Yes, Gore has produced in his past, but IMHO, you took him ahead of his spot. Kuhn may fall in for one, but is not really even depth. Williams is a wildcard, but if your team dont get rolling early, his effect to your team might be minimal. Carter, is your fifth runner? Maybe that 3 defense thing isnt as smart as you think. Gore a B-, Addai a C, Williams a B-/C+ Kuhn and your other rookie runner, meh....C-

WR - Greg Jennings, Steve Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, Ben Obomanu, Josh Morgan, Anthony Gonzalez, Early Doucet - I like Jennings, I mean who dont, he is an ultimate stud, great pick. Stevieboy was drafted tooo high IMHO, he has talent and sometimes you draft talent alone, but the Buffalo situation is a mess and I dont see him having as good of a year as this past year just based of the QB situation. Fitzy reminds me of a Derek anderson. Braylon is nothing special at all, he is hit and miss and yes a #3 wr, but prolly better suited as a #4 wr. Moss, Obomanu, Morgan and Doucet. Ok depth with upside, but nothing to even really see where their upside is, so all is a hunch at best. Not great as a whole because your number 2 is the real #3. Jennings A+. Stevie B-, Edwards C, your depth meh I give a D. Overall at position B- because of Jennings.

TE - Zach Miller (OAK), Anthony Fasano, DJ Williams - Zack miller is a B- and the depth behind him is meh...so its a C-

PK - David Akers, Ryan Longwell - Kicker, are we really gonna talk kickers? but 2 top producers A-

D/ST - Dallas, San Diego, Houston - You have 3 yes, so that does get you high grade for almost sure upper end points most weeks. A-

QBs - Brady alone makes this a good group, but I like Fitzpatrick also. I don't think the Bills go QB in the draft (at least not 1st round). Willing to give Clausen a shot since it only cost a 23rd round pick.

T. Brady

R. Fitzpatrick

J. Clausen

Grade - B+

RBs - Mendy will be solid again this year. Lynch will have had more time to get used to Carrol's system. Ivory is a big risk/reward pick. Somewhere along the way Caddy became a great 3rd down back & hoping I get the same kind of production from Keiland Williams (Plus Torain is an injury magnet). Kevin Smith is a pure ltto pick. I hope he gets picked up & contributes somewhere.

R. Mendenhall

M. Lynch

C. Ivory

Ca. Williams

K. Williams

K. Smith

Grade - C+

WRs - No Superstars other than TB Mike, but a lot of guys who can put up 4-5 catches a game with a TD every now & then.

M. Williams - TB

M. Thomas

S. Smith - NYG

D. Amendola

M. Jenkins

D. Hester

B. Gibson

D. Butler

Grade - C+

TEs - This group stinks. I was away from my computer when BSS texted me to let me know I was up. Wanted Daniels, but he was just picked, so I made a severe reach & took Gronk. Heap might be ok IF he could stay healthy.

R. Gronkowski

T. Heap

J. Dreessen

Grade - D

Ks - I got 2

M. Crosby

R. Lindell

Grade - B

D/STs - I got 2

San Francisco

Cincinatti

Grade - C

My typical boring risk averse survivor draft. Probably be in it until the mid-way point with a steady but low scoring team.

Overall Grade C+

Edited to add grades.

QBs - Brady alone makes this a good group, but I like Fitzpatrick also. I don't think the Bills go QB in the draft (at least not 1st round). Willing to give Clausen a shot since it only cost a 23rd round pick.

T. Brady

R. Fitzpatrick

J. Clausen

Your right Brady alone gives you a great grade at the position, but just like my team, if your #1 goes down, the #2 is not that great. I am personally not a fan of Fitz. he reminds me of a Derek anderson and will prolly have the following year like him as well. Clausen, meh..they already want to replace him. Brady an A+, Fitz a C-, and Clausen is a D...Overall because of Brady you get a B+

RBs - Mendy will be solid again this year. Lynch will have had more time to get used to Carrol's system. Ivory is a big risk/reward pick. Somewhere along the way Caddy became a great 3rd down back & hoping I get the same kind of production from Keiland Williams (Plus Torain is an injury magnet). Kevin Smith is a pure ltto pick. I hope he gets picked up & contributes somewhere.

R. Mendenhall

M. Lynch

C. Ivory

Ca. Williams

K. Williams

K. Smith

I love Mendy, but you dont have a real #2. Lynch should get the rock, but his performance is so spotty he cant be counted on as a #2. Ivory is a young good player, and as a Saints fan i hope he pans out, but the injury should be better, but will it hinder him? we'll see. Everyone else may barely play, not a good draft in this position. Mendy an A, Lynch a C, Ivorys upside a B- and everyone else is a C- at best....As a whole C-

WRs - No Superstars other than TB Mike, but a lot of guys who can put up 4-5 catches a game with a TD every now & then.

M. Williams - TB

M. Thomas

S. Smith – NYG

D. Amendola

M. Jenkins

D. Hester

B. Gibson

D. Butler

Whos your #1 wr? Williams is gonna be good, but to take him as a #1 wr is daring, he has monsterous upside, but you need a good #1. Thomas, maybe with MSW gone he will get more catches, but how will he be with the better coverage. Smith will catch some balls, but he gets hurt and dont play, you cant have those players as a starter. I like your depth Amendola will catch some balls as he is Welker 2.0, and hester will get a big play here and there to register for big points. But as a whole not very good. No super stud to give a great great to so...MWTB B, Thomas C+, Smith C+, Amendola C+, everyone else a C+...as a whole C+

TEs - This group stinks. I was away from my computer when BSS texted me to let me know I was up. Wanted Daniels, but he was just picked, so I made a severe reach & took Gronk. Heap might be ok IF he could stay healthy.

R. Gronkowski

T. Heap

J. Dreessen

You said it, I dont need to...STINKS....D

Ks - I got 2

M. Crosby

R. Lindell

D/STs - I got 2

San Francisco

Cincinatti

My typical boring risk averse survivor draft. Probably be in it until the mid-way point with a steady but low scoring team.
Overall Grade a C-, the review in bold.

Jeff...

To add to the Damian Williams talk. When mere mortals like myself research a deep sleeper like this, one of the resources is that FBG Dynasty Rankings. Personally, I like to read it all but, emphasize Matt Waldman a bit... and even though it's an old rank /comment, Matt has Williams at WR67 at the end of January and comments that he was one of the best route runners in the WR class last year with some acrobatic skills. "Someone who could over take Kenny Britt and become the Titans best WR in year 2." (to me that's heavy no matter what the date).

At this point in the draft there could be great value in the WR or any player in his 2nd year who didn't get rolling yet. And while a lot of drafters are nabbing this years Damian Williams you have the guy who has a year under his belt and still has the same skills Matt saw.

I saw somewhere where you lobbied for getting rid of those comments... Count me as a fan of them.. To me, even old comments hold value but, hopefully instead of getting rid of the comments they could be updated more often or even added to or deleted by the person doing the ranking...

I love those comments!

Jeff...To add to the Damian Williams talk. When mere mortals like myself research a deep sleeper like this, one of the resources is that FBG Dynasty Rankings. Personally, I like to read it all but, emphasize Matt Waldman a bit... and even though it's an old rank /comment, Matt has Williams at WR67 at the end of January and comments that he was one of the best route runners in the WR class last year with some acrobatic skills. "Someone who could over take Kenny Britt and become the Titans best WR in year 2." (to me that's heavy no matter what the date).At this point in the draft there could be great value in the WR or any player in his 2nd year who didn't get rolling yet while a lot of drafters are nabbing this years Damian Williams you have the guy who has a year under his belt and still has the same skills Matt saw.I saw somewhere where you lobbied for getting rid of those comments... Count me as a fan of them.. To me, even old comments hold value but, hopefully instead of getting rid of the comments they, could be updated more often or even added to or deleted by the person doing the ranking...I love those comments!
To be clear, I'm not lobbying to get rid of them - I just want an easier way to erase old ones. There's no easy way to do that right now.

Looking forward to up to 14 other reviews - perhaps someone who knows what they're talking about...
Lets see what you think of some teams, since you know what your talking about. :popcorn:
You think that this league is about winning each week. It's not - it is about not coming in last place in any week. There's quite a difference.
Yes I understand the concept, but if you dont have good enough players to get those points to not make your team finish last, then the result is still the same...bounced=loss

Disappointed in several round 24 picks. I was hoping to nab a homer Hog and already Mallett, DJ Williams, and Damian Williams nabbed. I realize that Damian transferred to USC, but he played high school at Springdale and played as a freshman at Arkansas. Wish he would have stayed, but it was a bit of a mess after his freshman year.

I will try to do some comments next week, but have to finish my taxes first and we are headed to Memphis to pick up our grandson on Friday.

Looking forward to up to 14 other reviews - perhaps someone who knows what they're talking about...
Lets see what you think of some teams, since you know what your talking about. :popcorn:
You think that this league is about winning each week. It's not - it is about not coming in last place in any week. There's quite a difference.
Yes I understand the concept, but if you dont have good enough players to get those points to not make your team finish last, then the result is still the same...bounced=loss
I think my team will do just fine, thanks. It was tough drafting on the end, that's for sure, and you grabbed Maclin exactly when I wanted him. That helped you and hurt me.Your team is decent and should last a while, but most people who are new to these underestimate the value of WR and QB and overestimate RB - especially RB2. I'll definitely admit that if Gore falls apart I could be in trouble, but your later picks have to have upside for any value to them. Portis has none so that was a wasted pick. I also think your QB2 situation will hurt you. Anything can happen but at first blush your team is solid enough to last if you get the right breaks. If Benson is out in CIN or SJax gets hurt you could be out when that happens - or if Brees is injured. Injuries can kill any team.Maybe I can comment more later but now I gotta go.

You give yourself an above average grade?Its a C to me. Very average all around.

QB - Eli Manning, Matthew Stafford, Rex Grossman - At worst a B? Eli is so off and on its not even funny, Stafford cannot stay healthy and to use him as leverage in a "well, one has to pan out" type scenerio is not even logical. You have really no track record to go on with Stafford, and to count on Grossman at all is not a wise thing to do. Eli is a B player, Stafford is a C for now, and Grossman is a fail, but in the late rounds is not bad when looking for upside, BUT GROSSMAN HAS NONE! So its a C.

RB - Frank Gore, Joseph Addai, Ryan Williams, John Kuhn, Delone Carter - You only have five and i believe you said it depends on where your young runners go? What? This is your worst position bar none, Gore is over, yes I said it, 2 bumb knees and a broken hip? I believe my grandmother never even had that. I took Dixon in belief that gore cannot stay healthy, EVER. Addai is the same thing, as a person with nerve damage in the neck from a football injury, it is worse then you think. One quick turn of his neck, even untouched can be very bad. 2 of the riskiest players at the position. Yes, Gore has produced in his past, but IMHO, you took him ahead of his spot. Kuhn may fall in for one, but is not really even depth. Williams is a wildcard, but if your team dont get rolling early, his effect to your team might be minimal. Carter, is your fifth runner? Maybe that 3 defense thing isnt as smart as you think. Gore a B-, Addai a C, Williams a B-/C+ Kuhn and your other rookie runner, meh....C-

WR - Greg Jennings, Steve Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, Ben Obomanu, Josh Morgan, Anthony Gonzalez, Early Doucet - I like Jennings, I mean who dont, he is an ultimate stud, great pick. Stevieboy was drafted tooo high IMHO, he has talent and sometimes you draft talent alone, but the Buffalo situation is a mess and I dont see him having as good of a year as this past year just based of the QB situation. Fitzy reminds me of a Derek anderson. Braylon is nothing special at all, he is hit and miss and yes a #3 wr, but prolly better suited as a #4 wr. Moss, Obomanu, Morgan and Doucet. Ok depth with upside, but nothing to even really see where their upside is, so all is a hunch at best. Not great as a whole because your number 2 is the real #3. Jennings A+. Stevie B-, Edwards C, your depth meh I give a D. Overall at position B- because of Jennings.

TE - Zach Miller (OAK), Anthony Fasano, DJ Williams - Zack miller is a B- and the depth behind him is meh...so its a C-

PK - David Akers, Ryan Longwell - Kicker, are we really gonna talk kickers? but 2 top producers A-

D/ST - Dallas, San Diego, Houston - You have 3 yes, so that does get you high grade for almost sure upper end points most weeks. A-
Directed at FB Critic and Jeff to an extent.QB: You can't knock his grade down for the Grossman pick. Jeff has two entrenched starters. Eli is great in a bb format. I'd give Manning a C as a QB1 and Stafford a B as a QB2. His upside outwieghs his injury risk. Considering that a QB3 sits the bench in this league, the potential of Grossman starting is a plus for this squad. Overall B.

RB: Tend to agree with FC's grade by think the verbage is a little harsh. If FC really believes what he says, then Jeff's grade should be in the D range.

WR: I think this is one of the stronger squads. I have it in the B/B+ range. I really like the upside of the depth.

TE: I have this group a little lower than the both of you.

K/D: A- / A

Team BassNBrew

QB - Vick / Cutler - Best combo in the league in IMO. Vick will post monster weeks and Cutler is an able backup who will occasionally have monster weeks. With Vick I bacically get a QB1 and RB2 score from one position. Grade A+

RB - D. Williams / R. Bush / M. Bush / Goodson / Washington / Bell - Definately risky but I'm happy with the outcome. Williams has top 5 talent and neighbors with Sayers, Sanders, etc in the all time ypc leaders. We'll have to wait and see where he lands to know how good this pick is. Reggie has too much talent not to get touches in this league. Hopefully he's back in NO. Works well in a best ball league as part of a RB2BC. The other Bush could be starting for many teams. I hope he lands elsewhere. Goodson showed his value last year. If DeAngelo signs elsewhere he'll be a 10+ pt weekly producer more often than not based on his rec stats. You gotta believe Seattle works Washington back into the roatation as a 3rd back. Too much talent to keep on the bench. Bell was a flyer but got some work down the stretch. Hard group to grade. I'll say B- with A- upside and C+ downside.

WR - Marshall, Collie, S. Moss, Simpson, ROY Williams, Burress, Gettis, Edwards - Loaded at the top end if Collie stays healthy. Collie was a WR1 selection in leagues last year drafting in the middle of the season. Marshall did well with an awful QB situation last year. Moss was a WR2 level producer. Bought into the Simpson hype. ROY will be rostered and produce a handful of scoring weeks. I like Gettis to start in Carolina, took Edwards as a wildcat guy who should see the field under the new regime. Burress...who knows...someone will give a guy with that type of talent a shot. The starting trio is one of the best in this league on paper. Lots of question marks on the depth but one or two should connect. Grade B+

TE - Finley, Scaife - Rolling the bones here. One of the best TE1 and worst TE2. Thought about Quarless late but he won't be a difference maker if Finley gets hurt. Grade B

K - Hartley, Succup, Graham - I've got three that should have jobs. Grade A+

D - NYG, Miami, Oakland - I've got three average to better than average Defs. Grade A+

This is one of the favorite teams I've ever drafted in these leagues. Probably has the best potential to win the most immunities in the league, but also carries huge risk potential. I felt like a lot of talent fell to me and I didn't get hurt at RB/WR by starting off with QB/TE due to how the runs played out.

Biggest mistake...Knowing how viable kickers fell late, I wish I had passed on my second kicker for a RB like Gephart/McKnight/Tate etc or a viable TE2.

QB - Peyton Manning

QB - Chad Henne

QB - Marc Bulger

I think Peyton and a healthy receiving corp makes this an A all by himself. Hopefully Henne still has a starting job on Manning's bye. If Bulger ends up in Arizona or Tennessee, and he's over his shell shock, he'll make some potentially good depth.

RB - Darren McFadden

RB - Shonn Greene

RB - Ryan Grant

RB - Joe McKnight

RB - Isaac Redman

Did okay here given its a 16 teamer. Still there are questions to be answered. Can McFadden play a full season? Does Greene get the load as Rex has been saying? Does Grant start or is he in a full rbbc? McKnight did a nice job of getting out of the doghouse, and Redman's there if Tomlin isn't kidding about running Mendy into the ground.

I'd say C+ with better odds of the grade improving than dropping.

WR - Brandon Lloyd

WR - Mario Manningham

WR - Emmanuel Sanders

WR - Jason Hill

WR - Brian Robiskie

WR - Darrius Heyward-Bey

WR - Titus Young

WR - Chris Chambers

Wanted a good QB, decent RBs and TEs. As a result, I constructed a wrbc with Brandon Lloyd and a bunch of young but promising kids. I have little faith in Steve Smith north this year, and maybe more faith in Manningham than others. Sanders is being talked up as passing Ward this coming season. I reached on Hill according to Bloom, but I really do like what I've seen from him when he's gotten extended time to play. He made MSW expendible, and Mike Thomas is more of a WR2.

C- for now. I'm comfortable with who I drafted, but they still have to prove it to you guys.

TE - Owen Daniels

TE - Jared Cook

TE - Kyle Rudolph

TE - Martellus Bennett

I like em. Up and down I like what I have... but without a super stud among them,

B

PK - Nate Kaeding

PK - Alex Henery

One really good kicker and the top draft prospect at kicker.

B

DS - Patriots

DS - Broncos

Patriots produce and it sounds like several of those high picks will go towards the defense. Broncos were lousy last year but decent the year before. Given the remaining choices at the time, I think they were the best bet to bounce back.

B-

Not one of my best drafts. I was a little distracted for some of it, but had a few good value picks in the last third. Would change a few picks if we did this again. (which we could, as fast as most of it went. It was a great draft guys)

QB-Rivers, Orton—Was glad to get Rivers as the 6th QB off the board. Should get good production from him. Waited a little too long for QB2, so unless Orton gets the starting spot over Tebow or gets traded, I could be going solo. Considered Volek in round 24, but he is a FA. Grade B with upside to A/A- if Orton starts most of the year.

RB-McCoy, Blount, Choice, Snelling, T. Jones, M. Moore—Like McCoy to take a step up this year, and look for a full season starting out of Blount. Choice may be in for more action if Barber is let go. Snelling is money if Turner goes down for any amount of time. Great value for Thomas Jones in the 18th round, especially if Charles misses any time. Moore is just extra depth that hopefully contributes for me. Grade C+/B-

WR-W. Welker, P. Garcon, M. Floyd, Gaffney, Driver, B. White, TJ Houshmandzadeh, P. Crayton, D. Briscoe—Welker should be good for over 100 catches again this year, being his second year after the knee surgery. Garcon should have some big games, and if Collie has more injury issues, Blair White should score for me several times. Floyd, Driver, and Crayton all are vets with good/great QB’s throwing to them. Gaffney should be in the mix in Denver, with D. Thomas out for most of the year. Housh was a great value in round 21 and should improve his chemistry with Flacco in year 2. The coaches like Dezmon Briscoe and if Benn has any setbacks in his injury rehab, could actually be the number 2. With 9 deep, I should get 3 good scores most weeks. Grade B-

TE-A. Hernandez, H. Miller, D. Thomas—Waited a little too long to hits the TE position. Hernandez had several big games last year, but some clunkers too. Miller is pretty steady for his off weeks hopefully. Dave Thomas has Drew Brees throwing to him, so he could have some big games. And if the same thing happens to this year’s hot rising TE that happen to last year’s, Thomas will be starting for one of the most prolific passing offenses in the NFL. Considered a 4th in the last round. Grade C

DEF-Chicago, New Orleans—Chicago was top 5 last year, and N.O. was top 5 the year before, so if they rebound from their Super Bowl slump, I could be set. Grade B-

K-Folk, Barth—I have two that should both keep their jobs, one in warm weather. Considered a third, but they were taken before my last pick. Should have grabbed them in round 23 and waited for Briscoe in the 24th. I was the only one to pick him in the WSL’s, we will see in the PDSL’s. Grade C+

Overall, no terrible weaknesses. Should survive the first half, and with a little luck could be battling it out in the end. Overall grade C+

My team:

QB:

Bradford

Kolb

Flynn

Looks pretty weak right now. If both Kolb and Flynn get moved and are starters, this group could move into the top half of the leagues QB groups.

Grade: C

RB:

Charles

Torain

Scott

R jennings

Forsett

M Reece

Dwyer

I love Charles in this format, but the rest of this is pretty ugly. I am not a believer in Torain, but had to get another warm body. I guess I could catch a break with the rest of these guys, but they are mostly a lot of what ifs...

Grade: C-

WR:

Fitgerald

D Jackson

Holmes

Bess

Decker

Little

Edelman

Started out very strong with this group, but I've failed to get the depth for my top guys. I will need a couple more lottery tickets that can give me one or 2 good scoring weeks.

Grade: B+

TE:

M Lewis

Watson

Dickson

Honestly, I don't like either of my first 2 to repeat last year's performance, but I was caught at the end of both TE runs. Dickson could pay off with another Heap injury.

Grade: C-

Overall, my WRs will carry me and I need multiple guys to really step up and improve on/repeat least year's performance. If Bradford takes a step forward and Marcedes repeats, I have a shot.

Overall Grade: C

Team BassNBrew

QB - Vick / Cutler - Best combo in the league in IMO. Vick will post monster weeks and Cutler is an able backup who will occasionally have monster weeks. With Vick I bacically get a QB1 and RB2 score from one position. Grade A+

RB - D. Williams / R. Bush / M. Bush / Goodson / Washington / Bell - Definately risky but I'm happy with the outcome. Williams has top 5 talent and neighbors with Sayers, Sanders, etc in the all time ypc leaders. We'll have to wait and see where he lands to know how good this pick is. Reggie has too much talent not to get touches in this league. Hopefully he's back in NO. Works well in a best ball league as part of a RB2BC. The other Bush could be starting for many teams. I hope he lands elsewhere. Goodson showed his value last year. If DeAngelo signs elsewhere he'll be a 10+ pt weekly producer more often than not based on his rec stats. You gotta believe Seattle works Washington back into the roatation as a 3rd back. Too much talent to keep on the bench. Bell was a flyer but got some work down the stretch. Hard group to grade. I'll say B- with A- upside and C+ downside.

WR - Marshall, Collie, S. Moss, Simpson, ROY Williams, Burress, Gettis, Edwards - Loaded at the top end if Collie stays healthy. Collie was a WR1 selection in leagues last year drafting in the middle of the season. Marshall did well with an awful QB situation last year. Moss was a WR2 level producer. Bought into the Simpson hype. ROY will be rostered and produce a handful of scoring weeks. I like Gettis to start in Carolina, took Edwards as a wildcat guy who should see the field under the new regime. Burress...who knows...someone will give a guy with that type of talent a shot. The starting trio is one of the best in this league on paper. Lots of question marks on the depth but one or two should connect. Grade B+

TE - Finley, Scaife - Rolling the bones here. One of the best TE1 and worst TE2. Thought about Quarless late but he won't be a difference maker if Finley gets hurt. Grade B

D - NYG, Miami, Oakland - I've got three average to better than average Defs. Grade A+

This is one of the favorite teams I've ever drafted in these leagues. Probably has the best potential to win the most immunities in the league, but also carries huge risk potential. I felt like a lot of talent fell to me and I didn't get hurt at RB/WR by starting off with QB/TE due to how the runs played out.

Biggest mistake...Knowing how viable kickers fell late, I wish I had passed on my second kicker for a RB like Gephart/McKnight/Tate etc or a viable TE2.
I understand my verbage may be harsh, and I apologize, Its hard for people to know I'm not saying with a harsh tone truly, just comes accross the way I would say it, voice inflection hard thru text.with that said I'll continue with my critiques, cuz its fun to disect all teams, as its a mock draft.

I am not a fan of Dillios team at all, and not really a fan of most of Jeffs team.

This team, as far as with risk alone...gees.

A+? seriously? Vick is way over valued, and his track record for injury is almost certain. Only thrown for over 3000 yards once and that was last year, I believe he does not duplicate the success on average of a full season this year. Vick had a good year last year, but caught most defenses off guard. He has bettered his arm and is a great player and scat qb, and his legs are one year older, however he still will produce that way. IMHO he makes up for loss thrown tds with running scores, But he is still not as good as Manning, Arod, Brees or even Brady. Vick gets an B+ cuz he is a good player with potential to produce...Cutler, he has really done nothing and he has never thrown for over 27 scores and only 4000 yards once, to consider him an A in a fact is rediculous, he has some off and on games and is a good backup to a Vick, but with Vick going down with an injury at some point, Cutler is now your QB, uhhh. B+, LOL, seriously leave it to the teams owner to give themself an A+,

I agree with most of what you said...except for the Bush Bros.. As a Nawlins fan, Reggie actually can hurt N.O. more then he helps because they try to give him touches. He is a good returner, but as a runner, not very good. He had talent, In college, he is just not that good, sorry. People expect him to produce since he did his rookie year. His knee and leg is jacked and just has not been as explosive, no reason to think he can start producing now. He will catch passes for you, for one or two yards, because he likes to run lateral not vertical. He is just not a guy to count on in the fantasy world, but he is more your #3 or 4 IMHO. So with no #2 and a stud #1 with no home yet, the solid part of your team is not here. A little bitter he hurts My fav team, but none the less I watched him to long to realize he is just not that good. The other Bush is a good player and If he lands somewhere else, he may be explosive, but thats not certain. I love DWill A-, Reggie I hate him in every way C, MBush upside of A- as of now B-, Depth a B-..I'll go B+

WR - Marshall, Collie, S. Moss, Simpson, ROY Williams, Burress, Gettis, Edwards - Loaded at the top end if Collie stays healthy.

Collie was a WR1 selection in leagues last year drafting in the middle of the season. Marshall did well with an awful QB situation last year. Moss was a WR2 level producer. Bought into the Simpson hype. ROY will be rostered and produce a handful of scoring weeks. I like Gettis to start in Carolina, took Edwards as a wildcat guy who should see the field under the new regime. Burress...who knows...someone will give a guy with that type of talent a shot. The starting trio is one of the best in this league on paper. Lots of question marks on the depth but one or two should connect. Grade B+

I love Marshall and I love the depth. We mentioned earlier a lot of risk with your squad, and some lies with Collie just being toucHed in the head and going down for the count, that a little more of a risk then other players at the position. But if he stays healthy, he is a WR who Manning counts on, so look out. Moss will catch passes and will gets some scores so no probs here. This is most solid part of your team. A-

Bump Finley, Look i'm a fan a Finley, he CAN be a stud. But he has not done it for a whole season yet..so lets tone it down on him a bit. Scaife is your #2, if Finley can play a whole season only a few worries, if he dont, no points for you here...risky risky extra risky here. Good luck here, C+ and risk is part of the grades.

Kickers, meh...but you got three. A :rolleyes:

Defenses, you have 3 so should get points consistantly...None are really better then average, they are just average. But just like kickers, defenses are up and down.

First off giving you 3 A+'s is a little biased, no?

As a whole, still a good team, I'll go B- with all the risk involved.

The more I look at other teams the more I like mine ;)

I like these teams in the top half:

Bloom - Risky at QB until Mcnabb signs. Decent depth everywhere else.

BassnBrew - Nice team but, if M Bush is a backup and R Bush doesn't put up a little more than he has, the RB core can fall apart quickly.

Pasquino - I like the Manning / Stafford combo of a safe QB and an explosive QB. RB is troubling, I get the minimal RB theory but, you need IMO 4 decent RB's to pull it off. Here I see 1 sure starter and a lot of hope that Ryan Williams is drafted right.

Football Critic - Also a little weak IMO at RB - 3 decent RB's and then I'm not so sure.

Reaper - Meh at QB. Rock solid at RB and weak yet deep at WR. Top TE.

Norseman - Weak at RB. Solid everywhere else.

Stinkinref - Needs some breaks like Owens being a top 20 WR.

Rzrback - Another team a little light at RB. If a rookie RB pops and / or LT keeps it up this team is solid...

I'm just quickly shooting from the hip here for discussion... I'm sure I can be convinced otherwise on a few of these shots.

First of all let me say thanks for everyone on the greatest draft ever. Great pace anda 7+ page comment thread. Sprinkle in the hi-jinx and hilarity of the Critic.

On to the draft, IMO these should all have 4 hour clocks, with phones and an internet connection everywhere no reason to not be able to check in during the day within 4 hours. That being said 24 rounds felt like too many, 22 might be the right size.

Anyway on to team BSS which is going for the 3-peat:

QB- Tony R0m0, Jon Kitna, Charlie Whitehurst, Ryan Mallett

Had to get a top6/7 QB IMO, Tony Romo has weapons galore and should rebound from a broken bone just fine. Just in case though, Jon Kitna was starting in superbowl match-ups in FFL land just last year. Whitehurst and Mallet are just end of the roster chumps and maybe cobble together 1 or 2 scoring weeks for me.

RB- Ray Rice,Beanie Wells, Tim Hightower, Marion Barber III, Jordan Todman, Steve Slaton

Ray Rice averages 70 catches a year, and between Beanie/Hightower I should get decent RB2 points. MB3 is long in the tooth IMO I would love it if he left Dallas because that Oline sux0rs. The Todman pick is purely upside, I think he is a top 5 rookie RB pick and might go as high as round2 in the NFL draft. Slaton well I had a man crush on him and in the Houston system all you need is a chance. Overall outside of Rice this is a weak unit, but in this format I always draft my squads to be RB2 weak, its how I roll

WR- Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree,Lance Moore, Jacoby Jones, Nate Burleson, Eddie Royal, Jarrett Dillard, Vincent Brown

If there is football Vjax will play the whole season with Rivers and Gates keeping double teams away from him. Crabtree has too much talent not to break out in year 3, need a Qb there, Harbaugh should get him the rock. Lance Moore produces and in this format I dont have to pick Jacoby Jones big games. Detroit started to win when Burleson was healthy, Eddie Royal and Jarrett Dillard have a chance to start. Vincent Brown is a round 24 rookie. Like what I did here.

TE- Brandon Pettigrew, Dustin Keller

Pettigrew has 70 catches with 3 different QBs and Keller was hot while S.holmes didnt play, still finished like 7th at TE. Great solid duo to help maximize points at 2 PPR.

K- Billy Cundiff, John Kasay

D- Falcons, Chefs

Defense and K - who cares got 2 of each

Why I could win it - Solid squad from top to bottom

Why I could flame out - Injuries to Romo and lack of depth behind him. RBs outside of Rice is very weak

Later boys and good drafting

Please, feel free to break it down.

QB - Drew Brees, Vince Young, Jake Locker ®

Not a fan of my depth, but the injury concern with any player is just one hit away, but Brees seems to play every snap, and no reason to think other wise. So since Brees will most def produce, yet again, and I'm, shocked he was not the first QB gone. He is an A+. Vince Young will play somewhere and start I believe, I hope he can keep his head on, and he was doing good before he got hurt and his and Fishers issues. He is bye week filler, and if Brees gets hurt my team is done anyways. A- in the position, because backups dont matter when you have an super stud who is likely to take every snap at this position.

RB - Steven Jackson, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cedric Benson, Anthony Dixon, Dion Lewis ®, Javon Ringer, Clinton Portis

SJax always produces, and I read in the above post if SJax can stay healthy...true he gets banged up, BUT HE STILL PLAYS. With Bradford a year older and WRs who got hurt last year back and just the fact SJax is a beast, he should get a few more TDs will make him out value where he was taken. SJax A-. If NE drafts a RB, then i believe BJGE may not be as productive, but he showed he still will have value in a timeshare. He will still get the goalline looks and catch a few passes, B- for BJGE. Cedric, will he be in Cincy or somewhere else. We all say it every year, Cedric Benson or someone else when we draft. Cedric slid way further then he should, so good value pick and he does produce, B. My depth is ok, i relly believe Gore is on his last leg so Dixon should see an drastic increase in reps, and dion Lewis is a rookie and with all rookies lets see where he ends up. Ringer is the Wildcard, if CJ goes down, I struck something there, no doubt. He has shown many signs of life when given a chance to fill in for CJ. As far as Portis, lol..he is my 7th runner. His upside? He will land somewhere and get a few reps, I only need him if the other 6 completely suck. I'm not expecting anything from him, I took him in round 22. Overall my depth is a B-/C+...so for the position i give myself a B

WR - Jeremy Maclin, Sidney Rice, Hines Ward, Robert Meachem, Jonathan Baldwin ®, Dexter McCluster, Legadu Naanee

Some may not like it but I love it. Maclin did better than DJax and he was taken much higher then Maclin. Djax had more yards by 90, but Maclin had more catches by 20+ and more TDs, even with DJax on special teams. Maclin is a true up and coming stud with WR1 numbers for sure. Sidney Rice was hurt most of last year, and stats can t really show his potential. He may or may not be in Minny, but he will be a player on many teams radar who is looking for a #1 wr. Hines always produces and is perfect as a #3 wr. If he was my #2 I would be worried, but I expect Rice to take that role. 60/800/6 is right about where you want your #3 to be. Meachem is in an offense that has brees as a QB. He has shown his upside, and with colston having bumb knees and Nawlins being a passing offense, I look for meachem to be a legitimate #3 wr this year. My depth, meh, Mccluster should get some catches, Balwin I just hope goes to someone who uses him now, and NaaNee? Well we know he will get one good game, and then dissappear, lol. Overall at this position i give a B-

TE - Kellen Winslow, Vishante Shiancoe, Zach Miller (Jax)

No elite stud really, but together they are a great 1/2 punch. I should get good points each week from one of them, and Miller is a late round flyer who was suppose to have an impact last year before his injury. Slightly better then average, C+

K - Robbie Gould, Lawrence Tynes

Only need 2, and both are good. B+

D - Baltimore, Jacksonville

Baltimore blew up when Reed came back, they have always been good, as far as Jax, I hope they have a few good weeks. They are defenses who should be just good enough to keep me alive a few weeks. B-

Overall I give myself a B, low risk, but injuries are always possible.

Please, feel free to break it down.QB - Drew Brees, Vince Young, Jake Locker ®Not a fan of my depth, but the injury concern with any player is just one hit away, but Brees seems to play every snap, and no reason to think other wise. So since Brees will most def produce, yet again, and I'm, shocked he was not the first QB gone. He is an A+. Vince Young will play somewhere and start I believe, I hope he can keep his head on, and he was doing good before he got hurt and his and Fishers issues. He is bye week filler, and if Brees gets hurt my team is done anyways. A- in the position, because backups dont matter when you have an super stud who is likely to take every snap at this position.RB - Steven Jackson, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cedric Benson, Anthony Dixon, Dion Lewis ®, Javon Ringer, Clinton PortisSJax always produces, and I read in the above post if SJax can stay healthy...true he gets banged up, BUT HE STILL PLAYS. With Bradford a year older and WRs who got hurt last year back and just the fact SJax is a beast, he should get a few more TDs will make him out value where he was taken. SJax A-. If NE drafts a RB, then i believe BJGE may not be as productive, but he showed he still will have value in a timeshare. He will still get the goalline looks and catch a few passes, B- for BJGE. Cedric, will he be in Cincy or somewhere else. We all say it every year, Cedric Benson or someone else when we draft. Cedric slid way further then he should, so good value pick and he does produce, B. My depth is ok, i relly believe Gore is on his last leg so Dixon should see an drastic increase in reps, and dion Lewis is a rookie and with all rookies lets see where he ends up. Ringer is the Wildcard, if CJ goes down, I struck something there, no doubt. He has shown many signs of life when given a chance to fill in for CJ. As far as Portis, lol..he is my 7th runner. His upside? He will land somewhere and get a few reps, I only need him if the other 6 completely suck. I'm not expecting anything from him, I took him in round 22. Overall my depth is a B-/C+...so for the position i give myself a BWR - Jeremy Maclin, Sidney Rice, Hines Ward, Robert Meachem, Jonathan Baldwin ®, Dexter McCluster, Legadu NaaneeSome may not like it but I love it. Maclin did better than DJax and he was taken much higher then Maclin. Djax had more yards by 90, but Maclin had more catches by 20+ and more TDs, even with DJax on special teams. Maclin is a true up and coming stud with WR1 numbers for sure. Sidney Rice was hurt most of last year, and stats can t really show his potential. He may or may not be in Minny, but he will be a player on many teams radar who is looking for a #1 wr. Hines always produces and is perfect as a #3 wr. If he was my #2 I would be worried, but I expect Rice to take that role. 60/800/6 is right about where you want your #3 to be. Meachem is in an offense that has brees as a QB. He has shown his upside, and with colston having bumb knees and Nawlins being a passing offense, I look for meachem to be a legitimate #3 wr this year. My depth, meh, Mccluster should get some catches, Balwin I just hope goes to someone who uses him now, and NaaNee? Well we know he will get one good game, and then dissappear, lol. Overall at this position i give a B-TE - Kellen Winslow, Vishante Shiancoe, Zach Miller (Jax)No elite stud really, but together they are a great 1/2 punch. I should get good points each week from one of them, and Miller is a late round flyer who was suppose to have an impact last year before his injury. Slightly better then average, C+K - Robbie Gould, Lawrence TynesOnly need 2, and both are good. B+D - Baltimore, JacksonvilleBaltimore blew up when Reed came back, they have always been good, as far as Jax, I hope they have a few good weeks. They are defenses who should be just good enough to keep me alive a few weeks. B-Overall I give myself a B, low risk, but injuries are always possible.
Very solid effort. The risks I see with this sqaud are:RB - SJax is getting up there in years and the Pats are probably going to take a RB with one of their 3 top 33 picks.WR - your WRs look decent enough but need to hope that S.rice hip is ok and that Hines Ward plays.TE - Winslow if often injured and I dont think Shiancoe does anything without Favre. Strengths or things I like:QB - Drew BreesRB - You have good depth if they all stay healthy at the top3.WR - I like the upside of Meachem,McCluster and BladwinNice job Critic even though you #####ed and moaned about having the 15th pick.

1.08 - Calvin Johnson, DET, WR2 2.09 - Matt Forte, CHI, RB13 3.08 - Vernon Davis, SF, TE5 4.09 - Kenny Britt, TEN, WR22 5.08 - Matt Cassel, KC, QB15 6.09 - Fred Jackson, BUF, RB27 7.08 - Jacoby Ford, OAK, WR37 8.09 - Pierre Thomas, NO, RB35 9.08 - Jason Campbell, OAK, QB2810.09 - Cam Newton, ROOKIE, QB3011.08 - Anthony Armstrong, WAS, WR6012.09 - Danario Alexander, STL, WR6513.08 - Kevin Boss, NYG, TE2814.09 - Buffalo Bills, DST3215.08 - Dan Carpenter, MIA, PK1416.09 - Brandon Tate, NE, WR7417.08 - Daniel Thomas, ROOKIE, RB6418.09 - Randall Cobb, ROOKIE, WR9119.08 - Roy Helu, ROOKIE, RB7324.09 - Joe Webb, MIN, QB4520.09 - Fred Davis, WASH, TE3321.08 - Greg Camarillo, MIN, WR10822.09 - Javarris James, INDY, RB9123.08 - Jason Hanson, DET, PK32 24.09 - Joe Webb, QB 1496
Matt Cassel, KC, QB15Jason Campbell, OAK, QB28Cam Newton, ROOKIE, QB30Joe Webb, QB 1496Calvin Johnson, DET, WR2Kenny Britt, TEN, WR22Jacoby Ford, OAK, WR37Anthony Armstrong, WAS, WR60Danario Alexander, STL, WR65Brandon Tate, NE, WR74Randall Cobb, ROOKIE, WR91Greg Camarillo, MIN, WR108Matt Forte, CHI, RB13Fred Jackson, BUF, RB27Pierre Thomas, NO, RB35Daniel Thomas, ROOKIE, RB64Roy Helu, ROOKIE, RB73Javarris James, INDY, RB91Vernon Davis, SF, TE5Kevin Boss, NYG, TE28Fred Davis, WASH, TE33Dan Carpenter, MIA, PK14Jason Hanson, DET, PK32 Buffalo Bills, DST32
Early summation...terrible.

Lets break down Sniffas squad....

QB- Tony Romo, Jon Kitna, Charlie Whitehurst, Ryan Mallett

Like you said you have a top 6/7 QB with his backup, so your pretty safe at this position. Whitehurst mayy be the starter in Seattle, and Mallett, like you said you like him. B

RB- Ray Rice, Beanie Wells, Tim Hightower, Marion Barber III, Jordan Todman, Steve Slaton

This is the weakness of your team. Rice is an elite player and is worth the #3 pick. but the Cards runners are iffy at best. Wells has upside, but showed he is nothing truly special, and htower is his backup and your #3. You needed a better #2 or #3 runner in my opinion. Your depth here is very weak. You have to take a hit, and you did at this position. Rice is the Reason you get a B-

WR- Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree, Lance Moore, Jacoby Jones, Nate Burleson, Eddie Royal, Jarrett Dillard, Vincent Brown

This is the strong part of your team. Great depth and a few good stars in VJax and Crabs. I believe Meachem outscores Moores, but he is a Nawlins WR so he can produce and has. I think McD screwed royals production with his lack of sense in football, yes i hate McD and wish he would disappear from football after the Denver mess, just sayin. Overall grade here. B+

TE- Brandon Pettigrew, Dustin Keller

I like it, its a good 1/2 punch as well. Keller who we seen disappears, but like I said about my team, one should score well on average a week. B-

K- Billy Cundiff, John Kasay B-

D- Falcons, Chiefs C+

Kicker and D, you have 2 thats all that matters...as they are the hardest to even predict, and who knows. But I would say your kickers are alright and your defenses are average.

Overall grade, a solid team and right up their with mine, B- grade.

4.07- Sigmund Bloom - Matt Ryan, ATL, QB11

7.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Donovan McNabb, WASH?, QB23

19.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Shaun Hill, DET, QB35

Probably adequate, with upside to be in the top half if McNabb returns to form in a new home or Stafford goes down again. In this QB crazy draft, I was pleased to get Ryan in the mid-4th because he's a consistent high floor QB even if he lacks the monster game upside. As I said earlier, with a do-over, I would have taken Stafford at 5.10 as WRs not that far off of Harvin were there at 7.10 where I took McNabb. Not going to destroy anyone here, but probably cobbled together enough to survive.

1.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Maurice Jones Drew, JAX, RB7

6.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Mark Ingram, ROOKIE, RB26

8.07 - Sigmund Bloom - CJ Spiller, BUF, RB33

10.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Mike Tolbert, SD, RB45

16.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Darren Sproles, SD, RB60

24.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Da'Rel Scott, ROOKIE, RB94

Can't complain about this group in a 16 teamer. As I said earlier, I think MJD proved his studliness last year playing hurt and he should be just fine for this season, healed and still in his prime. Ingram was a pure upside pick - as a polished blocker he has as good a chance as any rookie back to have a big role this year. Spiller was another pure upside pick as he should be featured more as a receiver (40+ catches I think as a floor) and he has the big play ability. Tolbert was a bit of a firewall in case Ingram is blocked and Spiller doesn't make much progress. GL back and his role won't be reduced much if at all even if Mathews is healthy and excelling. Sproles was a value pick as a quality receiving back who should end up on a team that intends to use him. Scott a what the heck flier as a speed back who could go as high as the 2nd/3rd round because of great 40 time.

3.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Marques Colston, NO, WR15

5.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Percy Harvin, MIN, WR27

9.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Arrelious Benn, TB, WR49

11.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Earl Bennett, CHI, WR61

12.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Donnie Avery, STL, WR64

15.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Derrick Mason, BAL, WR70

18.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Andre Caldwell, CIN, WR89

23.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Adrian Arrington, NO, WR120

Not flashy, but I think this group can hang. Colston should remain the closest thing the Saints have to a #1 WR. Harvin is a bit of a missed game risk, but he made huge strides as a receiver last year. Benn is coming along quickly and he showed signs of becoming a big play guy for the Bucs last year - with all the attention given to Mike WIlliams, I think he arrives this year. Bennett was trending up up up as the season went on and I think Cutler will start to lean on him more, if not make him the #1 target. Great buy low in dynasty right now. Avery has a shot to be the #1 in a McDaniels offense - in the 12th, the reward more than makes the risk that his knee isn't quite right worth it. Mason was a firewall for the risk/reward trio of #3s, his surgery tells me he'll be back, and he produced like a WR2 last year, ridiculous value in the 15th. Caldwell I like just as much as Simpson and think he'll get more downfield looks than Simpson, a lot of people sleeping on him as he was almost as productive as Simpson once 85/TO were both out. Arrington was a nice fit as Colston injury insurance + chance of a bigger role if Moore walks + finished strong in week 17 game with Brees. At worst I think this group helps keep me afloat by trading off TD and big play weeks, at best they can become a real strength in Benn, Bennett, and Avery hit.

2.07- Sigmund Bloom - Antonio Gates, SD, TE1

20.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Tony Scheffler, DET, TE32

21.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Evan Moore, CLE, TE38

Couldn't ignore Gates in the second. Scheffler should at least have a role in the passing offense if not contribute a game or two. Moore is as good a downfield receiving threat as anyone on the Browns roster. As long as he remains listed as a TE, Im happy with what Scheffler/Moore can do as a Gates bye fill-in, and I also liked them as a keep-away picks late.

17.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Olindo Mare, SEA, PK27

22.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Graham Gano, WASH, PK30

Two starting kickers after 26 were off the board. Ill take it.

13.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Indianapolis Colts, DST24

14.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Cleveland Browns, DST31

Two defenses after 23 were off the board. Ill take it.

I like the upside built into my team at WR and RB. QB is a weakness but I don't think it will be a disaster. If Gates can stay healthy and a few of my 6th-12th rounders hit, I'll be in the mix. Not my favorite survivor team I've drafted, but you guys were very tough to anticipate.

Team BassNBrew

I understand my verbage may be harsh, and I apologize, Its hard for people to know I'm not saying with a harsh tone truly, just comes accross the way I would say it, voice inflection hard thru text.with that said I'll continue with my critiques, cuz its fun to disect all teams, as its a mock draft.

I am not a fan of Dillios team at all, and not really a fan of most of Jeffs team.

This team, as far as with risk alone...gees.

A+? seriously? Vick is way over valued, and his track record for injury is almost certain. Only thrown for over 3000 yards once and that was last year, I believe he does not duplicate the success on average of a full season this year. Vick had a good year last year, but caught most defenses off guard. He has bettered his arm and is a great player and scat qb, and his legs are one year older, however he still will produce that way. IMHO he makes up for loss thrown tds with running scores, But he is still not as good as Manning, Arod, Brees or even Brady. Vick gets an B+ cuz he is a good player with potential to produce...Cutler, he has really done nothing and he has never thrown for over 27 scores and only 4000 yards once, to consider him an A in a fact is rediculous, he has some off and on games and is a good backup to a Vick, but with Vick going down with an injury at some point, Cutler is now your QB, uhhh. B+, LOL, seriously leave it to the teams owner to give themself an A+,

I agree with most of what you said...except for the Bush Bros.. As a Nawlins fan, Reggie actually can hurt N.O. more then he helps because they try to give him touches. He is a good returner, but as a runner, not very good. He had talent, In college, he is just not that good, sorry. People expect him to produce since he did his rookie year. His knee and leg is jacked and just has not been as explosive, no reason to think he can start producing now. He will catch passes for you, for one or two yards, because he likes to run lateral not vertical. He is just not a guy to count on in the fantasy world, but he is more your #3 or 4 IMHO. So with no #2 and a stud #1 with no home yet, the solid part of your team is not here. A little bitter he hurts My fav team, but none the less I watched him to long to realize he is just not that good. The other Bush is a good player and If he lands somewhere else, he may be explosive, but thats not certain. I love DWill A-, Reggie I hate him in every way C, MBush upside of A- as of now B-, Depth a B-..I'll go B+

WR - Marshall, Collie, S. Moss, Simpson, ROY Williams, Burress, Gettis, Edwards - Loaded at the top end if Collie stays healthy.

Collie was a WR1 selection in leagues last year drafting in the middle of the season. Marshall did well with an awful QB situation last year. Moss was a WR2 level producer. Bought into the Simpson hype. ROY will be rostered and produce a handful of scoring weeks. I like Gettis to start in Carolina, took Edwards as a wildcat guy who should see the field under the new regime. Burress...who knows...someone will give a guy with that type of talent a shot. The starting trio is one of the best in this league on paper. Lots of question marks on the depth but one or two should connect. Grade B+

I love Marshall and I love the depth. We mentioned earlier a lot of risk with your squad, and some lies with Collie just being toucHed in the head and going down for the count, that a little more of a risk then other players at the position. But if he stays healthy, he is a WR who Manning counts on, so look out. Moss will catch passes and will gets some scores so no probs here. This is most solid part of your team. A-

Bump Finley, Look i'm a fan a Finley, he CAN be a stud. But he has not done it for a whole season yet..so lets tone it down on him a bit. Scaife is your #2, if Finley can play a whole season only a few worries, if he dont, no points for you here...risky risky extra risky here. Good luck here, C+ and risk is part of the grades.

Kickers, meh...but you got three. A :rolleyes:

Defenses, you have 3 so should get points consistantly...None are really better then average, they are just average. But just like kickers, defenses are up and down.

First off giving you 3 A+'s is a little biased, no?

As a whole, still a good team, I'll go B- with all the risk involved.
Thanks for the input.Regarding the biased comment...you graded me higher at RB and WR which represents about 50% of the team. Not sure where you ended up at QB, but you have me higher than a B- at every spot except TE (where you gave me a C+) and still end up with a B- overall.

I gave Cutler a A as a QB2 in this league. If he finishes in the top 18 QBs this year he warrants that grade. Combined with Vick and I wouldn't trade QBs straight up with any other team in the league, hence the A+.

I wouldn't trade K or D unit with anyone else either, hence two more A+.

Rather than look at each team as a whole, I thought would be fun to compare by position. I'll rank the QBs.

1. BassNBrew: M. Vick & J. Cutler - Injury risk, but can't deny the production

2. Norseman: P. Rivers & K. Orton - I think Orton keeps the job at QB for Denver

3. Stinkin Ref: A. Rodgers & T. Tebow - This ranking is for Rodgers only. Tebow remains a gimmick

4. Reaper: J. Flacco & D. Garrard - Boring but solid producers

5. Orgazmo: P. Manning, C. Henne & M. Bulger - Peyton should continue to put up numbers, but don't look for much consistent hhelp from Henne or Bulger

6.. Steel Dillo: T. Brady, R. Fitzpatrick & J. Clausen - Brady & Fitz are the players here, Clausen doesn't help much

7. Jeff P: E. Manning, M. Stafford & R. Grossman: Manning can be up & down, but I think at least one of Stafford & Grossman will be able to stay upright enough to contribute weekly

8. Razrback77: J. Freeman, C. McCoy & J. Johnson - Freeman should continue to progress & I like McCoy in a West Coast offense

9. Football Critic: D. Brees, V. Young & J. Locker - Brees gets this group here. The other 2 are trash.

10. Bloom: M. Ryan, D. McNabb & S. Hill - I like Ryan, but think McNabb will tank again & be done.

11. GetInTheMix: M. Schaub, M. Hasselbeck & A. Smith - Schaub is solid, but seems frail. Neither Hass or Smith will start the whole season.

12. BSS: T. Romo, J. Kitna, C. Whitehurst & R. Mallett - 2 players that make a decent starter plus a 2nd string QB & a player that probably won't see the field until the end of the year if at all.

13. kruppe: Roethlisberger, C. Palmer & M. Kafka - Ben is a decent starter, but Palmer is done & I doubt Andy Reid will hand the reigns to Kafka even if Vick goes down.

14. Andy D.: M. Cassell, J. Campbell, C. Newton & J. Webb - 2 mid to lower r tier starters, a bust & a WR playing QB. 15 seems about right

15. Jeter23: S. Bradford, K. Kolb & M. Flynn - Bradford should continue to get better, but I'm not a fan of Kobb even if he gets traded. He looked horrible in his starts. Flynn will stay on the clipboard.

16. eakfootball: M. Sanchez, B. Gabbert & T. Thigpen - Someone has to be last & this gorup jumped out as the worst to me.

As always... nothing personal, just my opinion.

Following Dillo's lead:

Quarterbacks

1. BassNBrew: M. Vick & J. Cutler – easily the best QBs, as they should be since you invested a 1 & 5.

2. Steel Dillo: T. Brady, R. Fitzpatrick & J. Clausen – 1 thru 6 are tier 1 QB1s but Fitzpatrick seems like the only solid backup after Culter, hence #2 ranking for Dillo

3. Stinkin Ref: A. Rodgers & T. Tebow – Tempted to rank this group at #2 just for Rodgers. Tebow is QB2 in a QBBC.

4. Norseman: P. Rivers & K. Orton - I think Orton starts the year but we will see a lot of Tebow early on and more as the season goes on

5. Orgazmo: P. Manning, C. Henne & M. Bulger – I don’t think Henne will get to start this year, but Bulger may

6. Football Critic: D. Brees, V. Young & J. Locker – Is the Saints O on the decline? I am betting Young gets a starting job out of camp somewhere, but will he keep it?

7. Jeff P: E. Manning, M. Stafford & R. Grossman: Solid group of 3 starter puts this team at next best after the top 6.

8. kruppe: Roethlisberger, C. Palmer & M. Kafka – Ben is solid. Palmer will get his wish and be a starter somewhere else and put up decent #s. Kafka is a long shot but I think there’s a better than 50% chance he is the primary backup to Vick.

9. Jeter23: S. Bradford, K. Kolb & M. Flynn – Bradford looks legit and with the offense they have should be a good scorer. Kolb will get a starting job – probably Arizona and will put up decent numbers. Flynn is a flyer.

10. Reaper: J. Flacco & D. Garrard – Flacco had room to grow and has been consistently unstinky. Garrard may be on a short leash but if he keeps the job he will score every 3 weeks or so.

11. BSS: T. Romo, J. Kitna, C. Whitehurst & R. Mallett – I like that you got Romo’s handcuff but I don’t think you got a starter at backup QB.

12. Bloom: M. Ryan, D. McNabb & S. Hill – Ryan will produce at a slightly above average pace, and if they get another WR he could elevate to the top of this tier. McNabb will need to land in a very friendly situation and he may still lay eggs. Hill is maybe the best backup to have banking on injury.

13. GetInTheMix: M. Schaub, M. Hasselbeck & A. Smith – Schaub is hard to gauge. He could be close to the top tier but will he stay healthy and will the team continue to run it in? Would like to rank this group higher but I don’t like Hass or Smith at all.

14. Razrback77: J. Freeman, C. McCoy & J. Johnson – I really like Freeman long term but I wonder how much improvement we can expect this early in his career. He may have benefitted from a soft schedule and could slip back a bit. McCoy is far from a lock at starting QB and Johnson will need a trade (unlikely) or an injury to Freeman to count.

15. Andy D.: M. Cassell, J. Campbell, C. Newton & J. Webb – Cassell could surprise and continue to improve, or he could slip as many expect. Campbell is the starter least likely to keep his gig. Newton may start out of the gate but it’s hard to bet on a rook. Webb is probably zip.

16. eakfootball: M. Sanchez, B. Gabbert & T. Thigpen – Yuck.

2.07- Sigmund Bloom - Antonio Gates, SD, TE1

20.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Tony Scheffler, DET, TE32

21.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Evan Moore, CLE, TE38

Couldn't ignore Gates in the second. Scheffler should at least have a role in the passing offense if not contribute a game or two. Moore is as good a downfield receiving threat as anyone on the Browns roster. As long as he remains listed as a TE, Im happy with what Scheffler/Moore can do as a Gates bye fill-in, and I also liked them as a keep-away picks late.

17.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Olindo Mare, SEA, PK27

22.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Graham Gano, WASH, PK30

Two starting kickers after 26 were off the board. Ill take it.

13.10 - Sigmund Bloom - Indianapolis Colts, DST24

14.07 - Sigmund Bloom - Cleveland Browns, DST31

Two defenses after 23 were off the board. Ill take it.
I think you being in the middle and gambling on late PK and D really paid off to build your depth faster than most other squads. Both your 2nd and 3rd TEs were targets of mine that just didn't get to me. I think those 6 picks will serve you quite well. Good job.

Users who are viewing this thread