What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

per Jim Rome (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog pajamas

Footballguy
I enjoy watching "Jim Rome is Burning". I don't agree with all his takes, but for the most part I understand and agree with the guy. Twice yesterday, and once the other day he called us fantasy players "fantasy degenerates". He sounded like he despised us, like we were taking something away from the sports themselves. Did anyone hear this? Am I misreading him?

I enjoy watching "Jim Rome is Burning". I don't agree with all his takes, but for the most part I understand and agree with the guy. Twice yesterday, and once the other day he called us fantasy players "fantasy degenerates". He sounded like he despised us, like we were taking something away from the sports themselves.

Did anyone hear this? Am I misreading him?
He's made a career out of trying to get people riled up - think Chris...UURRRR...Jim Everett (interspersed with the occasional fawning interview of people he likes or isn't willing to take on). Face it, we're an easy target.

I enjoy watching "Jim Rome is Burning". I don't agree with all his takes, but for the most part I understand and agree with the guy. Twice yesterday, and once the other day he called us fantasy players "fantasy degenerates". He sounded like he despised us, like we were taking something away from the sports themselves.

Bottom line, he's a #######.

Well whether he believes that or not, he has us talking about him which is why he says things that are so infuriating. I think the guy is an idiot personally, so let's not give him what he wants or watch/listen to his show... :boxing: He got famous because of his Chris Everett comments to Jim Everett if you recall...

Most people who don't play FF feel this way. Whether it's "stat geeks", or "fantasy degenerates". Most if it stems from FF people saying Brady isn't even a top 10 QB. None fantasy people usually blow their o-ring when they hear that.

Well whether he believes that or not, he has us talking about him which is why he says things that are so infuriating. I think the guy is an idiot personally, so let's not give him what he wants or watch/listen to his show... :boxing: He got famous because of his Chris Everett comments to Jim Everett if you recall...

I've never listened/watched more than 5 minutes of his show. That's not likely to change anytime soon.

I hate Jim Rome and all his "CLONE" maggots. They moved him back to my local radio station AM950 The Fan and I just shut the radio off when he's on. The guy rambles about nothing, then his stupid "CLONES" come on and try and act like him. One Jim Rome in this world is enough... let alone the stupid clone nation! And he makes fun of the Fantasy Football world? Take a look at your following you moron!Yes I'm bitter!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why people think its is fair to critize fantasy football as for weirdos.....is it because it makes them look normal? Why can't someone take this as a hobby for football lovers? There are tons of hobbies out there that may seem to look weird for others but its completely ok for those into it. Take Dog Show for instance.Having said that, most of here knows our priorities and Jim can just go f*** himself.Edit to add: Maybe its time FF'ers get together and boycott their shows (I don't watch him anyways)....they need to know who drive up their ratings in the first place.

Jim Rome is a tool. And the loser clones that call his show are the real degenerates. "Welcome to the jungle...thanks for the vine...listen to my crappy take...blah blah blah..." LOSERS!!!

Rome is not worth listening to, his shows makes me rather listen to music then sports talk and that is a saaaaaaaaad thing...

I must admit, some of Rome's stuff is funny. With that said, I could do without his "clones"!As for him bashing our hobby, that is him trying to stir the pot.I'd rather listen to an hour of Jim Rome than and hour of Jimmy Kimmel(also a FF basher)!

Jim Rome is a tool. And the loser clones that call his show are the real degenerates. "Welcome to the jungle...thanks for the vine...listen to my crappy take...blah blah blah..." LOSERS!!!
What ... you don't enjoy listening to 40+ year old losers that still live in their parents basement robotically reading their pre-prepared "takes" that they scratched out on the back of a lotto slip while polishing off a Big Gulp and a super sized bag of cheese doodles?? Obviously you just don't get it.

I hate Jim Rome and all his "CLONE" maggots. They moved him back to my local radio station AM950 The Fan and I just shut the radio off when he's on. The guy rambles about nothing, then his stupid "CLONES" come on and try and act like him. One Jim Rome in this world is enough... let alone the stupid clone nation! And he makes fun of the Fantasy Football world? Take a look at your following you moron!

Yes I'm bitter!
The Fan has been trying to get me away from KOA for 2 years, but their hosts aren't down with FF.There are some "old school" guys that I've interviewed like Joe Theismann that just don't get FF. I feel it's partly because a lot of FF players know more about stats/football then they do.

He says what he thinks, I respect that. We don't have to agree with everything he says.My Dad, who's watched football for years and years thinks fantasy football is absolutely crazy. I tried explaining it to him, and he understands the concept but can't believe the amount of time and energy I put into something like this.I can understand where they're coming from, I just wished they understood where we are coming from. Bottom line is though, I don't care if Jim Rome likes fantasy football or not, I don't care if he drinks Bud Light or if he has a thing for Blonde's. I'm going to like what I like, just like he does and I'm going to do it.

Same sentiments here. I don't get people that are down on FF.Michael Silver of SI was on the radio here in SF and was saying "I don't know what to call you fantasy people".This stuff doesn't usually get me riled up but I wanted to call the show and say "How about you call as the people that keep Sunday Ticket coming back each year."Oh, and he could stop taking himself so seriously too...With that said, I can't stand guppies calling sports talk shows with no shame and asking, "which QB do you think will perform better this week?"Those guys give us a bad name.

Please don't #### in our pool. TIA. No, it isn't piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread