What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Percy Harvin, WR, Minnesota Vikings (1 Viewer)

This is tough. I agonized before he was hurt about starting him in my flex spot over Spiller (Got Dez locked in) and now if he's hampered at all by that thumb it really becomes a question. Still got Spiller in right now but love the home vs Detroit situation. It'll probably take me until gametime to decide. :mellow:
I would start Harvin over Dez or Spiller.

harvin did very well with webb in the 2 games he played. still, its tough to play him over a rb with workhorse upside in non ppr like spiller, gore, beanie, sjax, lynch etc.

I would start him over Gore, Beanie, or SJax but not Lynch this week.
Starting Harvin over B Marshall this week alongside AJ Green.I also have Lynch slotted in over M Bush who I handcuffed to McFadden. L McCoy & M Lynch this week. Gosh, has McCoy been money or what?The whole injury bug to Harvin had me debating the last 3 weeks, and now with Webb looking like he'll start does that really throw up a red flag? Harvin was thrown too a ton with Webb in the game last year. Everyone gets concerned when A Peterson is in the game too? I don't see how it really affects Harvin too much either way? The guy is shifty and fast.

Havin is one of the hottest WR over the last month. He's a must start, especially in PPR. All any QB needs to do it hand it off to Harvin or throw a dumpoff pass and let him do the rest.

All any QB needs to do it hand it off to Harvin or throw a dumpoff pass and let him do the rest.
Really? Hmmm ... check the stats with McNafro at the helm ... lemme know what ya come up with ... :thumbup:
He still put up solid wr3 numbers in ppr. It's hard to find a qb as terrible as mcnabb was this year, even a guy like Webb. Ponder and Webb are definitely better for him though.

All any QB needs to do it hand it off to Harvin or throw a dumpoff pass and let him do the rest.
Really? Hmmm ... check the stats with McNafro at the helm ... lemme know what ya come up with ... :thumbup:
he was playing with bruised ribs often didn't finish games and those that he played in he wa sonly on the field for 1/3 of the snaps. Has nothing to do with Mcnabb.Once healthy coach has gotten him more involved in the offense.

he was playing with bruised ribs often didn't finish games and those that he played in he wa sonly on the field for 1/3 of the snaps. Has nothing to do with Mcnabb.Once healthy coach has gotten him more involved in the offense.
To a certain extent I can buy that ... was frustrating as all hell watching him flounder in my lineup each week ... was hoping the switch to Ponder was coming after their bye ... and it did. Made holding him that long worth it, as he has helped tremendously the past few weeks. :thumbup: He is a special talent ... just hope he can stay on the field more ... seems that his injuries this year were nothing major, but rather nagging nicks that may not have sidelined him, but diluted his effectiveness. That's more frustrating than a guy being sidelined, for sure.Guess all of us who held, or were wise enough to buy low, deserve a :banned:

Harvin has been a machine lately. I hope that Peterson returning next week (most likely) won't diminish him. I think that he's earned the trust of Ponder/Webb and the coaching staff though, so he's going to get his opportunities regardless.

I think Harvin just loses more opportunities to run the ball when AP is back. Harvin will still be used enough to be a top 20 or top 25 WR. A solid WR 2 I think. Bloom says Harvin is a WR 1. But I think with Peterson there, and with a young group of QB's. Harvin is a WR2 with low end WR1 upside if he has a sweet matchup. But I will take that. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Today really sucked for Harvin owners, but if you are still alive, I think he is still a good play next week. Hope you guys were able to overcome his performance this week.

Today really sucked for Harvin owners, but if you are still alive, I think he is still a good play next week. Hope you guys were able to overcome his performance this week.
I didn't get a chance to see the game. Did the Saints just find a way to take him out of the game plan?

I didn't get a chance to see the game. Did the Saints just find a way to take him out of the game plan?
he was hardly even out there at all the second half when they were getting killed, didn't even see the field in the 4th. And ponder had like 2 yards passing in the first half, offense was just a wreck until the saints put the scrubs in in the 4th qtr.

he was hardly even out there at all the second half when they were getting killed, didn't even see the field in the 4th. And ponder had like 2 yards passing in the first half, offense was just a wreck until the saints put the scrubs in in the 4th qtr.
What is it with this franchise. They go from one pathetic OC to another. Childress didn't have a clue as to how to use the ADP and Harvin and this year's group is no better. I would have sworn Harvin was hurt.

I should (up 60 and he only had Rivers and Akers left)...thanks to Brees and McCoy and just consistent 11 points from about everyone else on my team.Will have to make a decision on him though.With L. Robinson and Dez doing well...Antonio Brown been doing well and Spiller on my bench (though, Id trust Harvin before Spiller)...will have some decisions to make next week if I make it.

I should (up 60 and he only had Rivers and Akers left)...thanks to Brees and McCoy and just consistent 11 points from about everyone else on my team.Will have to make a decision on him though.With L. Robinson and Dez doing well...Antonio Brown been doing well and Spiller on my bench (though, Id trust Harvin before Spiller)...will have some decisions to make next week if I make it.
I survived him this week, and may even set a scoring record. Romo, McCoy, Roddy, Celek, Atlanta D, Colston, Lynch, and Felix all came through for me. I need 9 points from Novak to break the league scoring record.Its possible I will consider Crabtree over Harvin next week...but probably wont do it.

What is it with this franchise. They go from one pathetic OC to another. Childress didn't have a clue as to how to use the ADP and Harvin and this year's group is no better. I would have sworn Harvin was hurt.
It wouldn't have mattered today. Ponder had no time to throw, Saints bulldozed the Vikes line in what seemed like every other play. O-line needs to be a high priority in the off-season. I don't see how you can expect Ponder to develop behind a line like that.

I was surprised to see that Harvin was the #1 PPR WR since week 11 despite the terrible Saints game.

I was surprised to see that Harvin was the #1 PPR WR since week 11 despite the terrible Saints game.
The guy's money. I have to think he's a borderline top 10 dynasty WR at this point--he's still only 23 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread