What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peter King...Tool or Puppet? (1 Viewer)

u999spf

Footballguy
King was on Inside the NFL on HBO stating he believes T.O. will end up in Washington with the Redskins. He said Snyder likes to collect trophies and T.O. would be a trophy.Personally, I think King is part tool and part puppet. The Redskins have denied even having interest in him. (Yes, they could be lying) but the coaches never even discussed the possibility of trying to get him, per other reports on Comcast Sportsnet.I think he is part tool because I do not believe the Eagles would Trade T.O. within the division, even if he is a headache. He is also a just a tool because he writes about his daughters sporting exploits every other day, field hockey, softball, soccer, tiddly winks, whatever, as if anyone gives a #&%*! I don't know who said it but I can't wait for the guy that said when his daughter goes to college, he plans on getting her drunk, have his way with her and posts those pics all over the internet.But he is part puppet because it's pretty obvious to anyone that follows the NFL, that this Redskins thing is something that Drew Rosenhouse is stirring up just to inflate T.O.'s price tag. If people hear the Redskins are in on the bidding, with their deep pockets, other teams will have to sweeten the pot to get T.O. I really believe this is where this story comes from and King should know better and either get other confirmed sources or state where this info is coming from in his story. T.O. isn't going to end up in Washington even if the Eagles release him and he is a free agent. I just can't see how upon hearing all this King can state he thinks the Redskins are the leading candidate at this point.This puppet/tool has lost credibility a long time ago to many people on this board but there are still many people out there that believe everything he writes or talks about.

100% tool...It ain't gonna happen. Gibbs is on record saying clearly he has no interest. Cerrato is unequivical in dismissing the idea this week. How much clearer can they be? :wall:

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that he is also a puppet because he talked to the Eagles and he really believes the Eagles believe they can get a 2nd round draft pick for T.O. There is no way this will happen either and he is just putting it out there to help out the Eagles drum up interest.

Anyone fueling the TO fire and helping that loser find a job is BOTH a tool AND a puppet. So many of these writers, including King, would rather help create the story rather than simply report it when it happens, so that they can in some small way say they contributed and made a difference. Its bringing down sports...too much journalism involvement, beginning with ESPN. I heard this knucklehead King the other day say, when asked if he thought TO would end up in the HOF, reply, "I sure hope so". That kindof answers the question in a nutshell........FULLY BLOWN TOOL.

I don't buy the Redskin talk at all, but they will need a #2 WR...Hypothetically, if Denver traded for TO, would Lelie possibly move to Washington? What are the cap ramifiications? I doubt Rod Smith would ever play for another team, so I'd almost rule him out of moving.

I don't buy the Redskin talk at all, but they will need a #2 WR...

Hypothetically, if Denver traded for TO, would Lelie possibly move to Washington? What are the cap ramifiications? I doubt Rod Smith would ever play for another team, so I'd almost rule him out of moving.
i dont see the broncos moving lelie with rod smith getting up there in years. its not like they have a star waiting in the wings.

I don't buy the Redskin talk at all, but they will need a #2 WR...

Hypothetically, if Denver traded for TO, would Lelie possibly move to Washington? What are the cap ramifiications? I doubt Rod Smith would ever play for another team, so I'd almost rule him out of moving.
i dont see the broncos moving lelie with rod smith getting up there in years. its not like they have a star waiting in the wings.
Fair enough. Is Lelie that star?

I wouldn't be surprised if Eric Moulds winds up in Washington.I still don't get the hate for Peter King though.

I would think Peter King has a few more sources in the NFL than you guys do.Regardless - his guess is as good as anyone's - you seem you have the inside track - where is TO going?

I've been surprised at the lack of talk about David Givens going to Washington. The guy is young, proven and a great complement to SMoss...

The Sacramento Kings were pretty adament just a few weeks ago that Peja would not be traded for Ron Artest for what it's worth. King is awful but he's getting too much flack for this. "He believes..." so it's just his opinion right? I like the trade rumours this time of year, a small fraction do end up panning out. TO to WAS is more probable imo than Randy Moss ending up in OAK at this time last year. Also, who's to say PHI has any say in where TO ends up? If he's released, and he will be if a trade doesn't get worked out, then TO can sign anywhere he wants.

...I still don't get the hate for Peter King though.
Me either. Nice guy, respected by everyone across the NFL, makes his living giving us insight on football, dedicated a bunch of columns to soldiers oversees, etc...Pretty sad that people make a point out of disrespecting Peter King. Anyone that's read enough Peter King to know whether he knows his NFL or not, would realize that King is a humanitarian and a decent guy. Calling him out as a tool shows that you either dont know what you are talking about or have your priorities way out of whack.

I've been surprised at the lack of talk about David Givens going to Washington. The guy is young, proven and a great complement to SMoss...
From what I read in other threads, Givens may be too expensive. But if the Redskins really love him, they will find a way to get him.I can actually see the Redskins going after Randle El. They need a punt returner pretty bad. If Randle El is a reasonable #2 wr, it will save the Redskins a roster spot, which makes him more valueable. Gibbs great values all his roster spot and has commented many times that they are too small.

From what I read in other threads, Givens may be too expensive. But if the Redskins really love him, they will find a way to get him.I can actually see the Redskins going after Randle El. They need a punt returner pretty bad. If Randle El is a reasonable #2 wr, it will save the Redskins a roster spot, which makes him more valueable. Gibbs great values all his roster spot and has commented many times that they are too small.
IMO, Randle El is too similar to Santana Moss. Redskins could use a reliable possession WR to play opposite him.If cost is an issue, I think the Redskins would be better off targeting someone like Jabar Gaffney.

I would think Peter King has a few more sources in the NFL than you guys do.

Regardless - his guess is as good as anyone's - you seem you have the inside track - where is TO going?
T.O. will end up in Denver. That's just my opinion after speaking with un-named sources similar to Peter King's.

Regardless - his guess is as good as anyone's - you seem you have the inside track - where is TO going?
T.O. will end up in Denver. That's just my opinion after speaking with un-named sources similar to Peter King's.
Your friends in your ff league don't count.

.....and my choice is Dallas - quiet and ready is Jerry Jones.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eric Moulds winds up in Washington.

I still don't get the hate for Peter King though.
I havn't seen Moulds play a ton, but isn't he pretty similar to S Moss? Wouldn't they want more of a compliment to him...someone who could go over the middle and make the tough catches?As I said, I could be totally wrong about Moulds, as I don't know a ton about him.

Is it just me or is it starting to sound like Owens will make a crapload of money this offseason?

As has been stated, King seems to be a decent guy so there's no reason to take it as fas as calling him a "tool." But he clearly has little to no clue what is going on in football these days.

...I still don't get the hate for Peter King though.
Me either. Nice guy, respected by everyone across the NFL, makes his living giving us insight on football, dedicated a bunch of columns to soldiers oversees, etc...Pretty sad that people make a point out of disrespecting Peter King. Anyone that's read enough Peter King to know whether he knows his NFL or not, would realize that King is a humanitarian and a decent guy. Calling him out as a tool shows that you either dont know what you are talking about or have your priorities way out of whack.
:goodposting: TO is going to Denver.

My daughter had a nice game of field hockey today. It was her first ever game, and she was completely lost at times, and got winded early, but a nice game still.

Users who are viewing this thread