What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Petition to keep the horns on the Vikings helmets (1 Viewer)

I think purple pants could be done right:

done incorrectly = Seahawks (dark jersey, dark pants)

done correctly = Redskins home jerseys (white jersey, dark pants)

:no: I mean WTF, this is just another bad idea like everytime someone suggests taking the stripes off the Bengals helmets (thankfully it was Paul Brown's idea for the stripes in the first place, so that brings the likelihood of change way down).

All the concepts I've seen so far are bad. They either look like:

1) NFL Europe rejects

2) The Ravens jerseys, not a model to change toward

3) The Ravens jerseys crossed with the Chargers pants.

:X

Why Zygi would punish the proud tradition of the Vikes (Tarkenton, Eller, et. al.) who wore that uniform because the actions of a handful of players gone now is ridiculous. It'd be like the Yankees getting rid of the pinstripes because Mickey Mantle and Billy Martin liked to go out drinking. Stoooopid.

And one last thing, changing it from a sperm to a "V" eh? I mean the shape of the letter V isn't sexually suggestive or anything :rolleyes:

-QG

Minnesota fans, you will root for the Vikings regardless of what they put on the helmet and deep down you know it.

Minnesota fans, you will root for the Vikings regardless of what they put on the helmet and deep down you know it.
Two thinks Minnesotan's talk about incessantly. The Vikings and the weather.MN Dude #1: It's cold, ya?

MN Dude #2: Ya. Didya watch the Vikings this weekend, then?

MN Dude #1: Ya, sure, you betcha.

This was never up for debate. The only thing that a new uniform changes is the priority list of what we will complain about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still say it is the whites that need to be changed. I hate the stripes on the shoulders. Take off the stripes, give me purple pants with the white jerseys. Keep the purple jeresys and pants as is. It is O.K. if you alter the horn slightly, but that should stay basically the same as well.

Users who are viewing this thread