What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

picking 6: LJ? opinons (1 Viewer)

puffkit

Footballguy
i'm picking #6 tomorrow and have a feeling LJ may be there......... i've seen him ranked mostly still top 5 but others that are just avoiding him altogether........ i would love some opinions on how to separate him from addai, alexander, parker if these guys are other options.

huard has been named the qb and i am thankful for that. LJ had better numbers the second half of last year with huard at qb, however the OL is a mess. also he is saying he may not be ready for week 1?

LJ SHOULD NOT BE THERE AT 6. If he is there you must jump on him. Yes he may see more trouble this year with the weakness at QB and teams playing run first, but you cannot take the afformentioned RB's before him. Your best hope here is that Alexander falls to you. There is no way that he should be written off the way he is being written off this year. The Hawks were in total dissarray last year. Injuries from him and the QB offset and overlapped. He has shown up at camp with a new fire, and should be golden this year. At 6 you should get a great RB with no worries. It is what you do with the rest of your draft that counts.

i think you're nuts if he's there at 6 and you dont take him. Seriously, just look at the numbers the dude has put up the past few years and the offense around him has sucked the whole time. Please, their WR's are awful, their Qb has been awful for 2 years running now and the line while less of a strength isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Plus, he's one of the most talented dude's in the league on top of it. Take him and be happy with the 15+ TD's he'll give you this year

I drafted (redraft serpentine) in my other league last Sunday and LJ fell to me in the 6th spot. If I was drafting in the 6th spot in any league, I'd be happy to land Addai around that spot...hopefully he falls to you because he is in a situation where he could be Top 5 and if we piles the TDs he'd be Top 3 RB easy! If you're in a 1 PPR league and if they're available at the 6th pick, I'd nab Addai/Bush/Westbrook in that order.

Good luck!

From my 6th spot draft, I didn't buy into LJ holding out for the year so I SPRINTED to the boards to put his name up...when the 5th guy made his pick I thought to myself, jackpot! W.Parker almost made it back to me but was picked (2.14) before my 2nd round pick...I almost went with S.Smith but added R.Brown being the last worthy RB available before going WRs. I added T.Owens (3rd-rd), TJHoush (4th-rd), B.Jacobs in the 5th, and A.Johnson in the 6th. Been in this league almost 10-years and there are 3-4 that know there stuff but the rest don't know how to target value so it's easy pickin's to get a team that is stacked like this :

Starters:

QB- J.Kitna

WR- T.Owens

WR- TJHoush

RB- L.Johnson

RB- R.Brown

TE- B.Watson

RB/WR- B.Jacobs

K- J.Elam

DEF- Chicago

B- A.Johnson (WR-Hou)

B- C.Johnson (yes, the SUPER rookie sensation on DET)

B- B.Edwards

B- D.Foster

B- K.Jones

B- R.Grossman

You could say I'm looking forward to this season. :wall:

I drafted (redraft serpentine) in my other league last Sunday and LJ fell to me in the 6th spot. If I was drafting in the 6th spot in any league, I'd be happy to land Addai around that spot...hopefully he falls to you because he is in a situation where he could be Top 5 and if we piles the TDs he'd be Top 3 RB easy! If you're in a 1 PPR league and if they're available at the 6th pick, I'd nab Addai/Bush/Westbrook in that order.Good luck!From my 6th spot draft, I didn't buy into LJ holding out for the year so I SPRINTED to the boards to put his name up...when the 5th guy made his pick I thought to myself, jackpot! W.Parker almost made it back to me but was picked (2.14) before my 2nd round pick...I almost went with S.Smith but added R.Brown being the last worthy RB available before going WRs. I added T.Owens (3rd-rd), TJHoush (4th-rd), B.Jacobs in the 5th, and A.Johnson in the 6th. Been in this league almost 10-years and there are 3-4 that know there stuff but the rest don't know how to target value so it's easy pickin's to get a team that is stacked like this :Starters:QB- J.KitnaWR- T.OwensWR- TJHoushRB- L.JohnsonRB- R.BrownTE- B.WatsonRB/WR- B.JacobsK- J.ElamDEF- ChicagoB- A.Johnson (WR-Hou)B- C.Johnson (yes, the SUPER rookie sensation on DET)B- B.EdwardsB- D.FosterB- K.JonesB- R.GrossmanYou could say I'm looking forward to this season. :)
Dude, not to hijiack this thread like that guy in Die Hard 1, or any Die Hard, but B Jacobs is tons upon tons better than R Brown. I dont know how Jacobs was there in the 5th, and I guess bc of name Brown wouldn't be there that late, but Jacobs WILL be a Top 10 back while Ronnie probably juggles around the 15 spot all year, hopefully

Users who are viewing this thread