What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Picture of LJ making "diamond-cutter" pose (1 Viewer)

Alluro

Footballguy
Greetings, and Merry Christmas All,Largely due to the exceptional play of LJ down the stretch, I have won my league championship for the first time. As such, i am looking for a picture of Larry Johnson making the "diamond-cutter" sign with his hands to put on our league web page. Does anyone have a pic, or know of a website where I can find it? Thanks so much,Alluro

Greetings, and Merry Christmas All,

Largely due to the exceptional play of LJ down the stretch, I have won my league championship for the first time. As such, i am looking for a picture of Larry Johnson making the "diamond-cutter" sign with his hands to put on our league web page. Does anyone have a pic, or know of a website where I can find it? Thanks so much,

Alluro
Here try this:http://www.kcchiefs.com/gallery/2005/11/23...__game_photos/4

That guy is a jerk, between making gang symbols and beating his gf i wouldnt want a picture of him! altho he is such a beast fantasy wise...
Umm, I think you got your facts wrong on the reason why he does that.Here's a link on the explanation:

http://www.wrestling-news.com/artman/publi...icle_1947.shtml

The "Diamond Cutter," or "Flashing the Roc" as it also is called, has become the symbolic gesture for anyone associated with the clothing line Team Roc, which has an endorsement deal with Johnson. The gesture itself - holding both thumbs and index fingers together to form a diamond shape - is embroiled in controversy because Team Roc's founder Jay-Z is being sued for copyright infringement for using the symbol (a wrestler claims he was the first to use the symbol in the 1990s.) As for the NFL, it already has a business relationship with Nike and Reebok, both of whom happen to be on Team Roc's list of competitors. Reebok makes the NFL's uniforms, while both Nike and Reebok have shoe licensing deals with the league. That might make Johnson's "Diamond Cutter" gesture a conflict of interest with the league, sort of like wearing an insignia other than Reebok or Nike. As of now, the league is taking no action.

Also, I think he does it since he always used to call himself a diamond in the rough.

Nothing to do with gangs.

That guy is a jerk, between making gang symbols and beating his gf i wouldnt want a picture of him! altho he is such a beast fantasy wise...
your an idiot! LMAO @ gang symbol!!

That's a little disappointing. I'd almost rather it be a gang symbol than LJ shilling a clothing line. Then again the clothing line was founded by Jay Z so the symbol could possibly be traced back to some kind of gang related meaning. If so, they may be a little disappointed in seeing dorky white kids all over the country emulating it.

(a wrestler claims he was the first to use the symbol in the 1990s.)
Yeah it was DDP (Diamond Dallas Page).I just assuemd LJ was a wrestling fan.

Either endorsing the clothing line or making a gang symbol are both much gayer than that though.

i thought he was spelling out his initials with his hands

LJ
:goodposting: IT IS his initials, you guys are morons
It took this long in the posting for you people to figure this out :lmao: he combines his intiqals with the symbol of a Diamond as he has claime dto be a " diamond in the rough "

Last edited by a moderator:
Very tangentially related, Wrestler DDP is suing Jay-Z, claiming trademark infringement on the "diamond" hand thing. http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5129

Wrestler Diamond Dallas Page Sues Jay-Z Over Pyramid SignBy Bea BlackDate: 12/5/2005 12:35 pmWrestler Diamond Dallas Page has filed a lawsuit against Jay-Z for unlawful use of his "Diamond Cutter" hand signal.Page, born Page Falkinburg, filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Federal Court, claiming he trademarked the rights to the diamond-shaped symbol in 1996 and has used it for wrestling and other entertainment ventures on multiple occasions.Page contends that Jay-Z started using the diamond symbol years after on various commercial products, including the cover of Dynasty: Roc La Familia 2000 and Fade to Black.Hip-hop fans are aware that the Def Jam President has used the diamond sign to signify his Roc-A-Fella Records dynasty.According to Page, he introduced the "Diamond Cutter" symbol in 1996 on WCW's weekly Nitro and Thunder programs.The wrestler, who uses the sign on the cover of his new book "Yoga for Regular Guys," also says he used the symbol on monthly PPV events, WCW live events, and media appearances, including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.Representatives for Jay-Z or Roc-A-Fella were not immediately available for comment.

And here I always thought it was a "Chiefs" thing... that he was trying to make an "arrowhead" with his hands?!? Guess I'm really out of it. :bag:

Very tangentially related, Wrestler DDP is suing Jay-Z, claiming trademark infringement on the "diamond" hand thing.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5129

Wrestler Diamond Dallas Page Sues Jay-Z Over Pyramid Sign

By Bea Black

Date: 12/5/2005 12:35 pm

Wrestler Diamond Dallas Page has filed a lawsuit against Jay-Z for unlawful use of his "Diamond Cutter" hand signal.

Page, born Page Falkinburg, filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Federal Court, claiming he trademarked the rights to the diamond-shaped symbol in 1996 and has used it for wrestling and other entertainment ventures on multiple occasions.

Page contends that Jay-Z started using the diamond symbol years after on various commercial products, including the cover of Dynasty: Roc La Familia 2000 and Fade to Black.

Hip-hop fans are aware that the Def Jam President has used the diamond sign to signify his Roc-A-Fella Records dynasty.

According to Page, he introduced the "Diamond Cutter" symbol in 1996 on WCW's weekly Nitro and Thunder programs.

The wrestler, who uses the sign on the cover of his new book "Yoga for Regular Guys," also says he used the symbol on monthly PPV events, WCW live events, and media appearances, including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Representatives for Jay-Z or Roc-A-Fella were not immediately available for comment.
Wrestlers are whimps. Guess his appearance in The Devils Rejects didnt pay so good.

Very tangentially related, Wrestler DDP is suing Jay-Z, claiming trademark infringement on the "diamond"  hand thing. 

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5129

Wrestler Diamond Dallas Page Sues Jay-Z Over Pyramid Sign

By Bea Black

Date: 12/5/2005 12:35 pm

Wrestler Diamond Dallas Page has filed a lawsuit against Jay-Z for unlawful use of his "Diamond Cutter" hand signal.

Page, born Page Falkinburg, filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Federal Court, claiming he trademarked the rights to the diamond-shaped symbol in 1996 and has used it for wrestling and other entertainment ventures on multiple occasions.

Page contends that Jay-Z started using the diamond symbol years after on various commercial products, including the cover of Dynasty: Roc La Familia 2000 and Fade to Black.

Hip-hop fans are aware that the Def Jam President has used the diamond sign to signify his Roc-A-Fella Records dynasty.

According to Page, he introduced the "Diamond Cutter" symbol in 1996 on WCW's weekly Nitro and Thunder programs.

The wrestler, who uses the sign on the cover of his new book "Yoga for Regular Guys," also says he used the symbol on monthly PPV events, WCW live events, and media appearances, including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Representatives for Jay-Z or Roc-A-Fella were not immediately available for comment.
Wrestlers are whimps. Guess his appearance in The Devils Rejects didnt pay so good.
I don't see how he can even think he's got a right to say anything either...Van Halen was doing that same diamond symbol back in the 80's...but for completely different connotations...

Yeah. I rememeber wondering what the heck that Van Halen diamond hand gesture was all about until I bought OU812 (I think). One of their albums anyway.That hand symbol was on the lable of Side B, and I thought, "Hey, there's that hand symbol again". Then when I put it over the center spike of the record player, it's meaning became crystal clear!These wrestlers and rappers are only 20 years late to the party.

And here I always thought it was a "Chiefs" thing... that he was trying to make an "arrowhead" with his hands?!? Guess I'm really out of it.

:bag:
Without knowing what LJ was really doing I'd say your guess was a pretty good one. Even better than its real meaning, imo.

Umm, I think you got your facts wrong on the reason why he does that.Here's a link on the explanation:

The "Diamond Cutter," or "Flashing the Roc" as it also is called, has become the symbolic gesture for anyone associated with the clothing line Team Roc, which has an endorsement deal with Johnson. The gesture itself - holding both thumbs and index fingers together to form a diamond shape - is embroiled in controversy because Team Roc's founder Jay-Z is being sued for copyright infringement for using the symbol (a wrestler claims he was the first to use the symbol in the 1990s.) As for the NFL, it already has a business relationship with Nike and Reebok, both of whom happen to be on Team Roc's list of competitors. Reebok makes the NFL's uniforms, while both Nike and Reebok have shoe licensing deals with the league. That might make Johnson's "Diamond Cutter" gesture a conflict of interest with the league, sort of like wearing an insignia other than Reebok or Nike. As of now, the league is taking no action.

Also, I think he does it since he always used to call himself a diamond in the rough.

This is the correct answer, right from LJ's mouth in an interview on NFL Network this morning with Rich Eisen.

This is the correct answer, right from LJ's mouth in an interview on NFL Network this morning with Rich Eisen.
Hi Otis,This was interesting to watch on NFL Network. I wasn't sure if LJ realized he was confessing to the principle he was in fact doing something very much against league policy. They frown heavily on advertising non approved product and Johnson basically came right out and spilled the beans.

You know they're watching this one very closely.

J

Yeah.  I rememeber wondering what the heck that Van Halen diamond hand gesture was all about until I bought OU812 (I think).  One of their albums anyway.

That hand symbol was on the lable of Side B, and I thought, "Hey, there's that hand symbol again".  Then when I put it over the center spike of the record player, it's meaning became crystal clear!

These wrestlers and rappers are only 20 years late to the party.
When my 8 year old son asked me what the hand gesture meant VH's "Diver Down" was what came to mind first :eek: :D ......I just said I didn't see it. At least now I can tell him the diamond-in-the-rough thing, although the Jay-Z endorsment is probably what it really is.BTW, that was one of the top three concerts I have ever been too!

Hi Otis,This was interesting to watch on NFL Network. I wasn't sure if LJ realized he was confessing to the principle he was in fact doing something very much against league policy. They frown heavily on advertising non approved product and Johnson basically came right out and spilled the beans.

You know they're watching this one very closely.

J
Joe:I agree, and even Eisen, who sort of suggested it in a joking manner, seemed a little surprised that LJ openly admitted it the way he did ("pushing product"). I would imagine now that LJ has got the attention of the national spotlight, going into next season this will be addressed by the league. One to watch for sure.

O

Joe and Otis, you know what was funny, when he went in for his 3rd TD :rolleyes: he hesitated a bit doing it, he just flashed it quickly and then stopped. I wonder if the call from the NFL has already been made.Hey Otis, thanks for backing me up on this, I knew it wasn't his initials.

I would love to the Moz and gocats come out now and call us morons and idiots........remember guys assuming makes and ### out of you and ...... well not this time, just an ### out of you two.

An interesting twist on the Diamond cutter sign from happy valley. It appears as though some Penn State players have adopted the sign to signify the beginning of a Penn State Dynasty.

http://www.pennlive.com/weblogs/print.ssf?...rint100261.html

9. Ever noticed the sign Butler made with his hands after getting in the end zone this year? It's the same sign made by ex-Lion and current Kansas City Chief Larry Johnson. Butler said the sign is from rapper Jay-Z and signals dynasty. He said the current wideouts want to build something in Happy Valley that will last for long after they're gone. While PSU is known as Linebacker U, Butler said the current crew of wideouts want Penn State to be known for wide receivers also. That's why they make the sign with their thumbs and index fingers after scores. Butler added that it has nothing to do with Johnson doing it.

this has trickled down to new Penn State Recruits...from the US Army game last weekend, check the caption from the picture below.

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/486843.html

With LJ Jr. having gone to PSU, this could give him an easy out of the JayZ clothing line issues discussed here.

Users who are viewing this thread