What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati (1 Viewer)

And of course an excessive celebration penalty. But when Green punts the ball into the stands, that's perfectly fine. Call it both ways please.

Everything's coming up Cookiemonster!
AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

I knew we had to win either Cincy or Denver game and close out the last two against Balt and Cle to get into the playoffs. Just don't #### the bed and we can dance with anybody. Bench Blake and I feel pretty good about making the Super Bowl.

Feel even better about being a 6 seed if Cincy gets the 3 seed and Dalton is still out.

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

I knew we had to win either Cincy or Denver game and close out the last two against Balt and Cle to get into the playoffs. Just don't #### the bed and we can dance with anybody. Bench Blake and I feel pretty good about making the Super Bowl.

Feel even better about being a 6 seed if Cincy gets the 3 seed and Dalton is still out.
Still on the outside looking in behind both Jets and Chiefs. Probably need to win out and hope someone beats one of those teams.

AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

Still on the outside looking in behind both Jets and Chiefs. Probably need to win out and hope someone beats one of those teams.
Pretty sure one of them will falter. They're not good enough teams to not screw something up. Assuming we win the last two, I don't think that both the Jets and Chiefs keep pace.

AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

Pretty sure one of them will falter. They're not good enough teams to not screw something up. Assuming we win the last two, I don't think that both the Jets and Chiefs keep pace.
Apparently it's not as dire as I thought. Steelers could lose next week but need to win the final 2, and have the Jets lose to the Pats next week, which is highly likely. According to the "playoff machine" at ESPN.

3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
bananafish said:
AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

Apparently it's not as dire as I thought. Steelers could lose next week but need to win the final 2, and have the Jets lose to the Pats next week, which is highly likely. According to the "playoff machine" at ESPN.
Steelers finish ahead of jets on tiebreaker if they have same record. Kc is where they have issues

3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
bananafish said:
AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

Yup a loss to Denver wouldn't crush them as long as they win last 2 and hope Jets lose to either Patriots or Bills.

3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
bananafish said:
AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

Apparently it's not as dire as I thought. Steelers could lose next week but need to win the final 2, and have the Jets lose to the Pats next week, which is highly likely. According to the "playoff machine" at ES
Steelers finish ahead of jets on tiebreaker if they have same record. Kc is where they have issues
If the Steelers get in over the Jets given identical records, why does every current graphic show that the Jets are in at 8-5 over the Steelers who are also 8-5?

3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
bananafish said:
AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

Apparently it's not as dire as I thought. Steelers could lose next week but need to win the final 2, and have the Jets lose to the Pats next week, which is highly likely. According to the "playoff machine" at ES
If the Steelers get in over the Jets given identical records, why does every current graphic show that the Jets are in at 8-5 over the Steelers who are also 8-5?
Because there are still 3 games left for both teams and if both teams win out, the Steelers will win the tiebreaker. As of now, the Jets are winning the tiebreaker but that will change if both teams win out.

3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
bananafish said:
AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

Because there are still 3 games left for both teams and if both teams win out, the Steelers will win the tiebreaker. As of now, the Jets are winning the tiebreaker but that will change if both teams win out.
I'm not convinced that Pitt doesn't win the division.

3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
bananafish said:
AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

See my post in the Steelers thread. It's possible but would take a semi-miracle

3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
bananafish said:
AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

Currently Steelers are behind Jets on conference record. Steelers finish out against the AFC while Jets have one game against the NFC. Steelers going 2-1 with Jets going 1-1 means they end up tied there and it falls to another tiebreaker. In this case, it's common opponents. And since the Browns are one of the common opponents that's a must win game along with one of the other 2 remaining games.

ETA: Actually Browns might not be a must win. Too many ways it can shake out still to bother with. Win out, they're in. Win 2 of 3 and Jets lose to Pats, they're in.

3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
3C said:
Cookiemonster said:
bananafish said:
AAAHHhhhhhhhh . . .

Ain't going to happen. All Cincy needs is 1 more win to clinch the division. Even w/o Dalton they aren't losing to both SF (who just lost to Cleveland) and Baltimore.

Users who are viewing this thread