What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please Read - "Who's Hottest?" Type Threads - And An Apology (2 Viewers)

I'm sure I'll ponder this for a while and come to this conclusion, but right now I can't help but find some comedic value in the recent enlightenment taking more than a decade to occur. 
I hear ya, but:

Joe backed himself into a corner many times with the "PG" thing. The links in the vast majority of these threads fall easily under that rating. I don't think there's been a recent epiphany; he never wanted those kind of threads, IMO

Plus, times change and things that were viewed as "okay" at one point fall out of fashion later on. 

I hear ya, but:

Joe backed himself into a corner many times with the "PG" thing. The links in the vast majority of these threads fall easily under that rating. I don't think there's been a recent epiphany; he never wanted those kind of threads, IMO

Plus, times change and things that were viewed as "okay" at one point fall out of fashion later on. 
Thank you UH. You are correct here. 

I'm sure I'll ponder this for a while and come to this conclusion, but right now I can't help but find some comedic value in the recent enlightenment taking more than a decade to occur. 

I think there is even a spot in the FFA faq pinned at the top of the forum which talks about making sure posters include pics in the whose hottest threads :)  
So, because we didn't 'evolve' or recognize perhaps there's a better way in years prior means we shouldn't make an adjustment today?

It's a good move within the context of what this board is and where the world has evolved. Doesnt mean on some levels it doesn't suck, but nothing hypocritical in changing today what you felt was not right about yesterday.

I have no problem with this move. I'll miss the occasional one, but it got to be too many and the tone was less innocent.  

eta* I changed my mind when I found out that certain threads weren't to be displayed. It's too puritanical/PC for my liking.  

Last edited by a moderator:
These are not my favorite polls but getting rid of them all together....oh well, this place has seen diminishing participation for years.  I personally don't care that they are going away, it is more of the "PC" world we live in these days.  Some gal begging for attention (see all Halloween polls) will no longer be judged.  I hope we don't of the "good contributor" over this (i am sure we will).  

Nah, way back someone got a TO for a comment with the standard "That's someone's daughter" excuse. I PM'd Joe and said if he was going to appoint himself the protector of the honor of every Someone's Daughter out there, why does he allow all the "Who's Hottest" threads. And Joe's reply was that appreciating the beauty of women, in PG pictures, was perfectly appropriate for the board.
Nothing you posted says Joe was comfortable with the "WH?" threads, just that they were appropriate for the board as he envisioned it whenever that was you guys had this conversation.

You clipped my 2nd paragraph. Context and appropriateness change, man.

The second paragraph was irrelevant since you used the word "never", which is obviously incorrect.
Sheesh....Would it be easier for you to understand if I wrote in runes?

I don't think Joe was ever comfortable with those types of threads. I think he allowed them because he (& the times) thought it was ok for the majority of the rest of us.

I think Joe's posting history, plus his comments in this very thread, would make those two comments reasonable to anyone who's been around a while. They don't cancel out or contradict.

Anyway, Bryant doesn't need me to defend him and that wasn't my intention with my comments....but I think things are being misrepresented by pedants and, being a pedant emeritus myself, I felt compelled to engage.

Carry on, y'all.

First they came for our political threads, and I did not speak out because johnmx.  Then they came for our T&A threads and damn.  That was disappointing.  

Thank goodness we still have "things you can say about sex and ....." threads.  And the Costco thread.  That's enough to keep me coming back.  

I don't get it.... I haven't been around here but for a couple years but I always thought of the FFA as kind of a group of guys sitting around the bar shooting the stuff.  I assume that on the forum side of a subscription based FF website in the FFA you could talk about all the stuff guys in the real world talk about.  This includes but is not limited to:  Girls, wives, GF's, sex, Music, other sports, Life, Death, medical issues, diets, beer, drugs and all that it means to be a guy.  Men talk about women and how they look.  It's not wrong or right, it is just the nature of the world and men.  If you get a group of them together and they aren't talking about women, my guess is they are all gay, and even then they will criticize what they wear.

I know there are women on the site that actively participate and for the most part I haven't seen anything that I wouldn't say in front of any women that would hang out with me and my friends at a bar.  At the end of the day it is your website and you can do what you want with it.  I don't think it will change my involvement, but at the same time I don't think it makes the forum or the world a better place or you any more deserving of praise by anyone real or imaginary.  

I am resisting the urge to ask smart ### questions, so I will leave it at... Peace.

I wonder if we have the permission to speak freely without the chance of getting banned?
There's never a "say anything and won't get banned" time. If you've got a question or comment I trust you can write it and stay within what's allowed. 

Users who are viewing this thread