What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please Read - "Who's Hottest?" Type Threads - And An Apology (1 Viewer)

Strange move.  Seems participation here is already hitting a low point.  Maybe it's just all the politics stuff being gone makes it seem more dead.  

Thank gawd. It'll be so much easier to find the manscaping threads now.

Edit to add: Should have waited for the 26th Joe. National Sorry Day! Would have been poetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it.... I haven't been around here but for a couple years but I always thought of the FFA as kind of a group of guys sitting around the bar shooting the stuff.  I assume that on the forum side of a subscription based FF website in the FFA you could talk about all the stuff guys in the real world talk about.  This includes but is not limited to:  Girls, wives, GF's, sex, Music, other sports, Life, Death, medical issues, diets, beer, drugs and all that it means to be a guy.  Men talk about women and how they look.  It's not wrong or right, it is just the nature of the world and men.  If you get a group of them together and they aren't talking about women, my guess is they are all gay, and even then they will criticize what they wear.

I know there are women on the site that actively participate and for the most part I haven't seen anything that I wouldn't say in front of any women that would hang out with me and my friends at a bar.  At the end of the day it is your website and you can do what you want with it.  I don't think it will change my involvement, but at the same time I don't think it makes the forum or the world a better place or you any more deserving of praise by anyone real or imaginary.  

I am resisting the urge to ask smart ### questions, so I will leave it at... Peace.

I agree with most of this, and especially the bold (and would add that women do the exact same thing).

I looked at these threads sometimes, might have even voted (though don't remember doing so).  Like someone mentioned, it was kind of interesting to see if your opinion was similar to others', and for me there was probably an added "hey, what do guys really like?" element of curiosity.  I was never offended by their existence - except for the ones from the guy who never spelled "who's" correctly - but I would cringe at some of the comments.  For the most part, I think they were a nice diversion for people from some of the heavier topics, and a way to have that "guys sitting around the bar" feel described above.  

As an aside, I found the "women over 50" thread a very positive and encouraging one - not objectification so much as "Wow, look at how amazing these women are."  The "oddly attractive" thread had a similar feel and was actually the opposite of physical objectification.  It's a shame for those to be swept up in this attempt at...well, whatever it's an attempt at.

I agree with most of this, and especially the bold.

As an aside, I found the "women over 50" thread a very positive and encouraging one - not objectification so much as "Wow, look at how amazing these women are."  The "oddly attractive" thread had a similar feel. It's a shame for those to be swept up in this attempt at...well, whatever it's an attempt at.
I am objectifying you because of your words so hard right now. 

:wub:  

I agree with most of this, and especially the bold (and would add that women do the exact same thing).

I looked at these threads sometimes, might have even voted (though don't remember doing so).  Like someone mentioned, it was kind of interesting to see if your opinion was similar to others', and for me there was probably an added "hey, what do guys really like?" element of curiosity.  I was never offended by their existence - except for the ones from the guy who never spelled "who's" correctly - but I would cringe at some of the comments.  For the most part, I think they were a nice diversion for people from some of the heavier topics, and a way to have that "guys sitting around the bar" feel described above.  

As an aside, I found the "women over 50" thread a very positive and encouraging one - not objectification so much as "Wow, look at how amazing these women are."  The "oddly attractive" thread had a similar feel and was actually the opposite of physical objectification.  It's a shame for those to be swept up in this attempt at...well, whatever it's an attempt at.
Nice post, toots

I do understand Joe not wanting "Who's Hottest" polls out there in the current environment.  He's a business man and his name is attached to this site, including the forums.

I agree with Krista though that sweeping up any thread where people talk about women's looks is maybe too far.

.I agree with Krista though that sweeping up any thread where people talk about women's looks is maybe too far.
there is a strange line here that is going to be hard for @Joe Bryant to define.

Lets take something as simple as the TV show thread for Survivor.  There is always talk about the eye candy on the show.  This holds true for the majority of threads on tv or movies as well as numerous others.

there is a strange line here that is going to be hard for @Joe Bryant to define.

Lets take something as simple as the TV show thread for Survivor.  There is always talk about the eye candy on the show.  This holds true for the majority of threads on tv or movies as well as numerous others.
Agreed. Like lots of things here, there will be gray areas. I'm not going to try and lay down any definite rules right now. I think most of us know what I'm trying to avoid here. We'll work our way through it. Thanks. 

I resent you objectifying my grammar.

English was my 2nd language 

Epic Problem said:
So say that we drafted these individuals and let them compete in some way, shape or form. That should be ok, right? 
All we have to do is limit it to women who have jobs that are dependent on their sexuality.   Not sure it's a requirement to actually be in a league to post about how big and strong Ezekiel Elliott is in the Pool.  In fact I'm sure it's not.  

Hey Joe, since we won't be posting crude or inappropriate photos on the boards now, can we please allow images to be posted in threads? 

Doesn't seem to be a reason to keep this option disabled now.
It’s all fun and games until somebody’s hotlink url of lolcats gets replaced with a goatse pic

Wait, can Shuke still rate womens if no pics are provided?  Serious question.

Threads will be missed and not missed. many years ago I use to create WAY to many of those threads here... As my daughter got older I stopped searching for those pictures to start threads with... I still partook in the polls but some were a little NSWWIA (Not safe when wife is around) ... The other night she walked by as I was reviewing a :pics: and.. well.... there really is no good answer to "What are you looking at ?" :bag:

so now when viewing this forum I won't be tempted to review... 

I understand why Joe might not want "who's hottest" on this site as a matter of it being too sophmorish or immature.  However, I don't understand the implication that voting on which woman (or man) you find more attractive is inherently wrong.  Are we really at a point where we can't say we prefer the physical nature of one person over another?  Is it inappropriate to ask which haircut we prefer or who looked best at the Academy Awards?  Certainly some of the comments that followed those posts were crude and at times inappropriate, but if that's the issue, then it needs to be stated more directly.  Vilifying the act of giving an opinion on who you find more physically attractive is over the top, imo. 

I understand why Joe might not want "who's hottest" on this site as a matter of it being too sophmorish or immature.  However, I don't understand the implication that voting on which woman (or man) you find more attractive is inherently wrong.  Are we really at a point where we can't say we prefer the physical nature of one person over another?  Is it inappropriate to ask which haircut we prefer or who looked best at the Academy Awards?  Certainly some of the comments that followed those posts were crude and at times inappropriate, but if that's the issue, then it needs to be stated more directly.  Vilifying the act of giving an opinion on who you find more physically attractive is over the top, imo. 
#youtoo

Maybe you haven't "been around for a while", but, the old FBG logo was a dominatrix: an attractive woman in sexual fetish gear. Hard to believe Joe wasn't comfortable with his own logo. 
The goofy yellow smiley face has always been our logo. We had a shirt in the early 2000's with a comic book type dominatrix with the tagline "Dominate Your Friends". We chose not to continue that many years ago because it wasn't something I was comfortable with. 

Maybe you haven't "been around for a while", but, the old FBG logo was a dominatrix: an attractive woman in sexual fetish gear. Hard to believe Joe wasn't comfortable with his own logo. 
. I have a FBG T-shirt with that image on the back I won the first year of the subscriber contest and still wear it proudly.. :oldunsure:

The goofy yellow smiley face has always been our logo. We had a shirt in the early 2000's with a dominatrix with the tagline "Dominate Your Friends". We chose not to continue that many years ago because it wasn't something I was comfortable with. 
So you are saying I own a valuable collectible item.. :moneybag:

Users who are viewing this thread