What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please Read - "Who's Hottest?" Type Threads - And An Apology (1 Viewer)

i dont go into that forum ...its just a giant crap show 

I like some things that Trump is doing...and hate some other things he does or has done....but as you just did you ''lumped'' me in ...which is what is going on over there...im the last person that anyone who knows me ,would call racist ...but anyone who says anything positive about trump is branded a racist...thats just one of many many things thats wrong in that forum...point is these rating women threads have been around for some time and are just now being stopped...yet the crap that goes on in the political threads is still going on ...thats all im saying
If you don't go into that forum, maybe don't comment on something you know nothing about then. That forum has a ton of good discussion about the politics of the day.

To quote John Mulaney,  “I smoked cocaine before my college graduation and now I’m afraid to get a flu shot. People change”

I think that sums it up pretty well about Joe’s change in what flies here now versus years ago.  Now I also think the ( paraphrasing ) “my board, my rules” need to be rethought a little.  A great community has been built here, and perhaps if things open with a discussion first, then even though the same result comes about, it is a little less alienating. The creation of the political sub forum is great example.  

i stopped after the attacks were out of hand...ive poked my head in to see if anythings changed...nope ..it hasnt....and im sure you are part of the problem based on your responses to me 
I hope not. Anyways, I'm done with the topic here. I apologize if I offended you. Back to complaining about censorship.

To quote John Mulaney,  “I smoked cocaine before my college graduation and now I’m afraid to get a flu shot. People change”

I think that sums it up pretty well about Joe’s change in what flies here now versus years ago.  Now I also think the ( paraphrasing ) “my board, my rules” need to be rethought a little.  A great community has been built here, and perhaps if things open with a discussion first, then even though the same result comes about, it is a little less alienating. The creation of the political sub forum is great example.  
Understood. I apologized above for the "other boards" words. 

I think you are missing the general point. 

You have an entire forum that seems to be devoted to hateful, argumentative and awful levels of excellence and yet instead of fixing that deplorable part of your forum you instead chose to decide that women over 50 would be insulted because they were considered attractive.

I hope you can see why that has quite a few people in here scratching their heads.
One of the best, if not the best posts in this thread.

Also, Rock n Roll to Easy Listenign is completely spot on.

Nail meet hammer on both accounts

This kind of reminds me of when Aerosmith got sober. Then they decided that they wouldn't sell beer at their concerts to responsible drinkers because they've had their fun already for 20 years.   And now they've changed their minds about alcohol.

Let me be clear - I really don't care either way.  And I've NEVER been to an Aerosmith concert.

After taking three days to process @Joe Bryant's message and with many hours of discussion and deep meditation, my penis has decided that it is fine with Joe's decision. 

Thanks. I'm not sure what to say there. I see this as "steering" or a correction in the same general direction. It's one part of a pretty big thing. I don't see this at all as moving the whole station from Rock and Roll to Easy Listening. 
Hi Joe, this is not "steering" and you know it.  This site is owned by you, but the community helped build it to be what it is.  You decided to drastically change the rules after 20ish years is not "steering", it's hijacking.  No matter how you plate this it is not fair.  Without the people on here this board wouldn't be what it is. We all are invested here, and for you to pull the stuff you just did completely disregards what we've invested.  I don't think you've really thought through how your decision will effect everyone on this board.     

Hi Joe, this is not "steering" and you know it.  This site is owned by you, but the community helped build it to be what it is.  You decided to drastically change the rules after 20ish years is not "steering", it's hijacking.  No matter how you plate this it is not fair.  Without the people on here this board wouldn't be what it is. We all are invested here, and for you to pull the stuff you just did completely disregards what we've invested.  I don't think you've really thought through how your decision will effect everyone on this board.     
To Squid's point - I buy a subscription every year.  Not necessarily because I need it to compete in my leagues.  But because I like it here and think it's the right thing to do.  I get value from the community. Not necessarily the "Spotlight - Julio Jones" articles.  But I pay anyway.  And no Joe, I don't want my money back. I'm just trying to express how people see Football Guys overall, not just the FFA.

To Squid's point - I buy a subscription every year.  Not necessarily because I need it to compete in my leagues.  But because I like it here and think it's the right thing to do.  I get value from the community. Not necessarily the "Spotlight - Julio Jones" articles.  But I pay anyway.  And no Joe, I don't want my money back. I'm just trying to express how people see Football Guys overall, not just the FFA.
I buy too but mostly because my wife likes to play in the contest.  One year recently I purchased 2 subscriptions and still have no idea why.

I just laughed out loud reading this then looking at your avatar

I would love to hear how you think JB's decision will affect everyone on this board.

This 100%

How it works is you try to open the forum and all you get is a page that says what date it will work again. That's it 
There has always been a message for me if it was from a non faceless mod explaining it or at least quoting the post.  Just particularly annoying to not know when you've been making a conscious effort.  Abyways, apologies for the tangent. 

I would love to hear how you think JB's decision will affect everyone on this board.
:goodposting:

Hey Guys. I've tried to be as open and available as possible for the past 20 pages. Please forgive me for not responding directly now as I've got to get back to some other things. May turns into June and June into July pretty quick for FBG. I'll leave this thread open but I'm going to step out of the thread. Thanks for the discussion and sharing thoughts from multiple angles and for being part of Footballguys and what we're doing here. 

Just tidying things up a little for potential run for office down the road.  You can never be too safe in this day and age.
"So Mr.Bryant, you're seeking nomination to represent the Republican party for presidency in 2024 ... but isn't it true that you once hosted an internet message board that would have men rate woman on attractiveness? ... so called "who's hottest"?

He hasn't earned a place in our community like everyone else has.
I mean, it's not like I have either. 

My take is that it's his choice and I'm ok with it. I oogled occasionally but it's not like I was on this board for those type of threads (and I doubt most people were). I can understand that the objectification of women can be a bad thing but obviously the women that are posting those type of pictures are looking for the exact same type of attention that the "who's hottest" threads provided.  

Interesting choice of censorship when you read many of the posts throughout the years, the who's hottest pales in comparison to most of the AzR stories (not to mention many, many others)... Board has pretty much dried up and maybe since I am not 'in the know', has been censored into what remains. Time to find a new place to chuckle (and cringe) about.

Interesting choice of censorship when you read many of the posts throughout the years, the who's hottest pales in comparison to most of the AzR stories (not to mention many, many others)
If anyone would have reported the AzR stories, I'm sure the thread would have been deleted.  Just because something exists doesn't mean it's allowed.

If anyone would have reported the AzR stories, I'm sure the thread would have been deleted.  Just because something exists doesn't mean it's allowed.
True. 

This is what i expressed with Joe as a bigger disappoint with the direction we have been in and keep going towards. 

Pictures arent good...lame but fine....but grown adults not able to have adult conversations regarding sex?

Some of those conversations offer support, an outlet for people and advice for people going through difficult times in their relationships.

Some of those conversations offer support, an outlet for people and advice for people going through difficult times in their relationships.
Agreed.   I doubt the advice threads will get deleted unless the title is viewed as provocative or posts get reported.  (And, of course, AzR's thread wasn't really asking for advice.)

Serious question for Joe, or any of the mods if Joe is not here anymore: would a thread such as "Elegant Women Over 50" be shut down? Where is the line? No discussion of women at all?

True. 

This is what i expressed with Joe as a bigger disappoint with the direction we have been in and keep going towards. 

Pictures arent good...lame but fine....but grown adults not able to have adult conversations regarding sex?

We can still talk about sex...just can`t have pictures of good looking..fit women anymore.  

This will be our new "Fit over 50 thread"

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.   I doubt the advice threads will get deleted unless the title is viewed as provocative or posts get reported.  (And, of course, AzR's thread wasn't really asking for advice.)
Even the AZ stories, while raunchy, have a point and purpose beyond ONLY objectifying and sexualizing women. It's like the difference between "locker room talk"  and a bunch of guys at the construction site lined up whistling and hooting at chicks.

IMO, it's the fact that the only reason for who is hottest is to ogle and objectify, nothing else, that becomes the demarcation. 

Serious question for Joe, or any of the mods if Joe is not here anymore: would a thread such as "Elegant Women Over 50" be shut down? Where is the line? No discussion of women at all?
:goodposting:

The line is more gray than it was before.  Where does the line fall on this spectrum:

Penthouse

Playboy

SI Swimsuit

Miss America

Oscar Red Carpet

People's Most Beautiful Women

Sister Act

Kinda weird since there was a ton of sex in the bible
The Bible is R rated for sure.

Sex, incest, rape, murder, genocide & cannibalism all show up at some point.  But, then again, human history itself is a gory, ugly story.  If the Bible be true, it will be ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread