What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POST-combine Wide Receiver rankings (1 Viewer)

madd futher

Footballguy
My rookie RB list generated plenty of controversy, and I promised to post my top ranked WRs post-Combine. Again, by way of introduction, for years I've posted on another website, but this forum has the most traffic, and very sophisticated posters. Unlike Matt, Cecil, Sig and a few others - I'm a fan of all, and I envy their opportunity to actually get to see and meet these guys personally and study real game film - but my 'scouting method' is pretty much confined to YouTube and websurfing just about every available piece of info on the net about all potential prospects. My notes on each player are volumnuous and often contradictory. I spend a lot of time resolving differences in primary sources perceptions and observation and then coming to conclusions about conflicting reports. So I'm not exactly 'parroting' any specific sources here.

Since I finally got my taxes done, and in between getting a couple of stents put in my heart (tomorrow), I finally got a chance to give my view of this year's WR class. I see two potential uber-studs, and a half-dozen other high quality WRs. Tier 3 players are just a cut below these top 8 guys. Tier 4 players have at least a question or two regarding their game that could limit them at the next level. I don't see the WR class as being quite as deep as the running backs.

NOTE: This list is for dynasty fantasy potential purposes. I realize there are guys who will be NFL drafted much higher (or much lower) than some I have ranked above (or below) them. I fully expect, for example that teams will not be likely to take Vincent Brown in the 1st two rounds based on his 4.7 40 time. IMO that is probably not because they don't believe in his talent, but rather because they know that they will have to answer to their fan base if he should fail in the NFL. So it becomes much harder for teams to give him a 1st or 2nd round grade.

Tier 1 These two players deserve a tier of their own. Both players should immediately make their presence felt at the pro level, and both have potential to be uber-studs in the NFL.

1. A.J. Green – WR Georgia (6‘3 1/2” 211# 4.48 4.50) Very fluid, natural hands catching WR who will get any ball that is even close to his frame. In the mold of a more slender version of Calvin Johnson, he's probably one of the Top WR prospects of the last decade.

2. Julio Jones – WR Alabama (6‘4" 2 3/4” 220# 4.50 4.39) Jones is athletic freak and capable of highlight reel catches. He is a very physical WR, hard to bring down after the catch. But he drops his share of passes, sometimes just by losing focus and sometimes letting the ball come into his body rather than hands catch it. So while I have them in the same tier, I DO feel like there is distinct separation between Green and Julio Jones.

Tier 2 Any or all of these guys could develop into solid NFL starting WRs, maybe even studs.

3. Leonard Hankerson - WR Miami (6' 1 1/2" 205 4.54 4.43) He runs better than average routes, and catches the ball away from his frame. He’s a hand catcher who can take balls away from a defender and make tough catches in traffic. Hankerson has worked hard at his game and has shown consistent improvement throughout his collegiate career.

4. Randall Cobb - Athlete, Kentucky (5’10 1/4” 191# 4.46) Usually it is the kiss of death to call a guy ‘athlete’ rather than position player. Cobb may be the exception. While he has shown his playmaking ability as a WR, RB, AND QB, he is just a natural as a complete football player, and is very fluid as a WR with break-away abilities. He is sure handed and explosive.

I see a potential WR 1 here.

5. Vincent Brown - San Diego State (5’11 1/4” 187# 4.5 4.71) Brown consistently gets separation from defenders, and he goes after every catch with a hyper-focus that only the great ones in every sport seem to have. He understands the game, catches everything with huge hands, and his routes are the best of any prospect in this draft. Brown has the quicks, so don’t let his Combine 40 time fool you.

6. Greg Little – WR North Carolina (6‘2 1/2" 220 231# 4.55 4.53) I think his game is similar to Brandon Marshall, and believe he has the highest upside of any WR outside of Green and Jones. He is an extremely strong, physical WR with great body control and good strong hands. A former RB, he lacks top-end speed but runs extremely well after the catch. Why isn't he #3 on this list? His attitude and antics on the field just might make Marshall look like a choir boy.

7. Edmund Gates WR Abilene Christian (5' 11 3/4" 192# 4.45 4.37) He was my early sentimental favorite as I love the Abilene Christian (small school) program which produced Johnny Knox and Gates' cousin, Bernard Scott. Is he ranked too high? Maybe - he's a very raw talent, but he just might be better than both of those players. He's an explosive WR, short on playing experience, but with great speed and good hands.

8. Torrey Smith - WR Ohio St Maryland (6’1” 204# 4.40 4.43) Smith gets good separation in and out of his cuts because of his quick acceleration. He can get downfield in a hurry with exceptional speed. He has excellent body control, but he lets too many balls come into his body. His hands were the smallest of any WR at the combine. If he catches the ball consistently in the NFL, he has a bright future.

Tier 3 These guys are just slightly a cut below the above tier IMO, but they also could become productive NFL WRS. The drop-off in skill level is subtle at best from the tier above.

9. Niles Paul - WR Nebraska (6‘1“ 225 4.51) I think his game is a bit like Anquan Boldin's: what stands out is the physicality of his game He is fairly good in his routes, has smallish but strong hands and he catches passes away from his body.

10. Titus Young - WR Boise State (5’ 11 ¼” 174# 4.43 4.53) Young’s explosiveness reminds me of both Eagles receivers, Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson. I think he is quicker than Maclin on his underneath routes and he has close to Jackson’s deep speed. But he’s one of the more controversial WRs in this draft because even more than Julio Jones, he is prone to dropped passes. At the Combine, he sure looked like a guy who doesn’t trust his hands.

11. Greg Salas - WR Hawaii (6’1” 210# 4.56) “Salsa” is a very productive and has a smooth athletecism to his game that will serve him well in the pros. His game is more quickness than speed. He could be a very productive WR2 at the NFL level, because he consistently gets open, is a natural hands catcher, and can make yards with his feet after the catch.

12. Tandon Doss - Indiana (6’ 2” 201# 4.53 est.) Doss will be a very good possession slot receiver. He has very good football instincts and ball skills as well as reliable hands. He could move up into tier two, but he is very hard to rank right now - he is still recovering from surgery to repair two torn groin muscles. Ouch!

13. Jerrel Jernigan - WR Troy (5’-9” 185# 4.38 4.46) Jernigan’s game is a combination of great explosiveness and game-breaking speed. He has great ball tracking skills and is fearless over the middle. Although he has elite speed, I believe he will probably translate as a very productive NFL slot receiver rather than a down-field threat.

14. Austin Pettis – WR Boise St (6‘2 1/2“ 209# 4.56 4.61) A fluid possession receiver with terrific hands and a huge catch radius, Pettis is in the mold of a TJ Houshmandzadeh. Pettis has adequate quickness, but lacks speed. He just really needs to refine his total game, especially his route running.

15. Jonathan Baldwin – WR Pittsburgh (6‘4 1/2” 228# 4.50) Baldwin is a mixed bag. He's a long strider with build up speed and is slow off the LOS, but he has great strength and leaping ability, and good soft hands. Baldwin has poor ability to gain separation. I have him as a player with high bust potential who will get drafted too high based on Combine measurables and the things he does well.

16. Jeremy Kerley - (WR TCU 5’ 9 1/2” 189# 4.62) Jeremy is another small slot guy who gets off the line quickly, runs great routes, shows reliable hands and terrific pass catching technique. His speed is only average, but he always gets separation and he can find soft spots in a zone.

Tier 4 These WRs will most likely get drafted, but I don't expect early or starter-quality WR production from them.

17. Dwayne Harris - WR/KR East Carolina (5’10 1/2” 203# 4.55) Not especailly athletic, but fearless and with very good ability to get yards after the catch.

18. Ronald Johnson – WR USC (5‘11 1/4“ 199# 4.46)

19. Ryan Whalen - WR Stanford (6’1" 202# 4.62)

20. DeAndre Brown – WR Southern Miss (6‘5 3/4” 233# 4.50)

21. Tori Gurley - South Carolina (6’ 4” 216# 4.56)

22. Armon Binns - WR Cincinnati – (6” 3” 209# 4.53)

I probably could have put 3 or 4 more WRs into tier 4 who are very close to these guys, but I had to cut it off somewhere, and 22 seems like a decent number.

Comments and criticisms welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the rankings. Easy to see that a lot of thought went into them.

The things that stand out to me:

Brown is simply too high. He wouldn't be in my top 5 with a 4.5/40. I don't see him as having any WR1 potential and plenty listed after him do.

Little is high, but I get it. If you simply watched highlights of these players, using nothing else, including current knowledge, Little is an easy 1st round pick. That said, his issues seem to run deep.

Smith is too low for my liking. He made due with what he had (small hands), and I think he can do that at the next level too. He is a very smart guy and I see him getting open and taking a few stadard plays to the house, each year.

Baldwin is FAR TOO LOW. I am not a fan either, but you can't ignore him as an athlete. Vincet Jackson is a comparison that I have recently heard and like. Like Jon, Jackson has a few holes in his game, but makes plays, due to the tools that he does have, which can't be taught.

That said, half of these guys will bust, so who knows.

2. Julio Jones – WR Alabama (6'2 3/4" 220# 4.50) Jones is athletic freak and capable of highlight reel catches. He is a very physical WR, hard to bring down after the catch. But he drops his share of passes, sometimes just by losing focus and sometimes letting the ball come into his body rather than hands catch it. So while I have them in the same tier, I DO feel like there is distinct separation between Green and Julio Jones.
Jones ran a 4.39

Thanks for the rankings. Easy to see that a lot of thought went into them. The things that stand out to me:Brown is simply too high. He wouldn't be in my top 5 with a 4.5/40. I don't see him as having any WR1 potential and plenty listed after him do. Little is high, but I get it. If you simply watched highlights of these players, using nothing else, including current knowledge, Little is an easy 1st round pick. That said, his issues seem to run deep.Smith is too low for my liking. He made due with what he had (small hands), and I think he can do that at the next level too. He is a very smart guy and I see him getting open and taking a few stadard plays to the house, each year.Baldwin is FAR TOO LOW. I am not a fan either, but you can't ignore him as an athlete. Vincet Jackson is a comparison that I have recently heard and like. Like Jon, Jackson has a few holes in his game, but makes plays, due to the tools that he does have, which can't be taught. That said, half of these guys will bust, so who knows.
:goodposting: I agree with him for the most part with the exception of Baldwin whom I think is highly overrated and will be the biggest wr bust in the draft.Tex

2. Julio Jones WR Alabama (6'2 3/4" 220# 4.50) Jones is athletic freak and capable of highlight reel catches. He is a very physical WR, hard to bring down after the catch. But he drops his share of passes, sometimes just by losing focus and sometimes letting the ball come into his body rather than hands catch it. So while I have them in the same tier, I DO feel like there is distinct separation between Green and Julio Jones.
Jones ran a 4.39
Yea, I know, I forgot to move my estimated pre-combine height weight and 40 times out and replace them with the Combine data on this list. So the data on this whole ranking is off, but the ranking and the comments are post-combine. With everything on my plate right now, you will only have the pre-combine estimates for awhile. Again, this does not impact my rankings.

My 2 cents on Concept Coop's comments:

First, thanks for the kudos.

Regarding Brown: I am in love with the focus and intensity that Vincent Brown displayed especially during the whole Senior Bowl week. As a guy who coached a little way back when, his 'hyper-focus' is extremely rare - it means that he will play his game "in the zone" a good percentage of the time. That alone compensates relative to more physically gifted WRs. His 3-cone at the combine was also terrific, as were his drills. So he is quick. And he has shown enough football speed that I'm not at all concerned with the 40 time. He will get separation and he will catch the ball.

Regarding Torrey Smith, I would put him almost in a dead heat with Greg Little and Edmund Gates for 6 through 8. My personal preference is in the order i have them. Greg Little's ceiling is simply too high to ignore, but if you are risk-averse at that point in your rookie dynasty draft, he is a definite head-case. Edmund Gates presents slightly less risk but with Mike Wallace type upside. He's played very little college football and Abilene Christian is a small school program. So he's got great talent but he is extremely raw. If Smith had bigger hands, and didn't have a propensity to basket catch, he would clearly be #6 or even higher on my list. I can't ignore either the small hands or the basket-catching habit and think they might be related. So I personally have him lower.

But I DO like Torrey Smith. I've studied him quite a bit and I watched a very good interview of him and came away impressed with him and his work ethic. If you believe that the hands issues will not be a problem in the NFL, I can see where you would rank him higher.

I just don't see the Vincent Jackson comparison with Baldwin at all, and I agree with Big Tex that he's my candidate for WR bust of the year.

2. Julio Jones – WR Alabama (6'2 3/4" 220# 4.50) Jones is athletic freak and capable of highlight reel catches. He is a very physical WR, hard to bring down after the catch. But he drops his share of passes, sometimes just by losing focus and sometimes letting the ball come into his body rather than hands catch it. So while I have them in the same tier, I DO feel like there is distinct separation between Green and Julio Jones.
Jones ran a 4.39
Yea, I know, I forgot to move my estimated pre-combine height weight and 40 times out and replace them with the Combine data on this list. So the data on this whole ranking is off, but the ranking and the comments are post-combine. With everything on my plate right now, you will only have the pre-combine estimates for awhile. Again, this does not impact my rankings.

My 2 cents on Concept Coop's comments:

First, thanks for the kudos.

Regarding Brown: I am in love with the focus and intensity that Vincent Brown displayed especially during the whole Senior Bowl week. As a guy who coached a little way back when, his 'hyper-focus' is extremely rare - it means that he will play his game "in the zone" a good percentage of the time. That alone compensates relative to more physically gifted WRs. His 3-cone at the combine was also terrific, as were his drills. So he is quick. And he has shown enough football speed that I'm not at all concerned with the 40 time. He will get separation and he will catch the ball.

Regarding Torrey Smith, I would put him almost in a dead heat with Greg Little and Edmund Gates for 6 through 8. My personal preference is in the order i have them. Greg Little's ceiling is simply too high to ignore, but if you are risk-averse at that point in your rookie dynasty draft, he is a definite head-case. Edmund Gates presents slightly less risk but with Mike Wallace type upside. He's played very little college football and Abilene Christian is a small school program. So he's got great talent but he is extremely raw. If Smith had bigger hands, and didn't have a propensity to basket catch, he would clearly be #6 or even higher on my list. I can't ignore either the small hands or the basket-catching habit and think they might be related. So I personally have him lower.

But I DO like Torrey Smith. I've studied him quite a bit and I watched a very good interview of him and came away impressed with him and his work ethic. If you believe that the hands issues will not be a problem in the NFL, I can see where you would rank him higher.

I just don't see the Vincent Jackson comparison with Baldwin at all, and I agree with Big Tex that he's my candidate for WR bust of the year.
Didnt mean to critisize, i thought you did a great job here, nice work!!

Jones ran a 4.39

Didnt mean to critisize, i thought you did a great job here, nice work!!
No problem. It was bugging me that they were wrong so I went back and edited the height, weights, and 40 times to jive with the combine results.

4. Randall Cobb - Athlete, Kentucky (5’10 1/4” 191# 4.46) Usually it is the kiss of death to call a guy ‘athlete’ rather than position player. Cobb may be the exception. While he has shown his playmaking ability as a WR, RB, AND QB, he is just a natural as a complete football player, and is very fluid as a WR with break-away abilities. He is sure handed and explosive.

These "jack of all trade" types like Brad Smith, Josh Cribbs, Dexter McCluster, etc. seem to make far greater NFL impacts than fantasy impacts. I think Cobb is more of a late second/third round flier type than a late first early second rookie draft pick.

Based on those measurables and that description Vincent Brown sounds like a Jason Avant clone.

I still think everyone is missing the boat on Dane Sanzenbacher. I think he would be the perfect slot guy, in the mold of Welker, Amendola, Bess, Etc...

Sure, he doesn't have the best 40 times, but he is top-5 in pretty much all the Agility drills from the combine:

#2 WR in 3-cone Drill

#3 WR in 20 Yard Shuttle

#2 WR in 60 Yard Shuttle

He had some of the best hands I have ever seen at Ohio State (and I have seen a LOT of 1st round WRs come through here), and his toughness is unbelievable.

I just think some team is going to get a late round steal in that kid, just like the aforementioned Welker, Amendola, and Bess.

These "jack of all trade" types like Brad Smith, Josh Cribbs, Dexter McCluster, etc. seem to make far greater NFL impacts than fantasy impacts. I think Cobb is more of a late second/third round flier type than a late first early second rookie draft pick.
He is not like Smith, Cribbs, or McCluster. He has the skillset to be a traditional WR in the NFL. He just happened to dominate in more areas as well, in college. I think I heard the name Hines Ward, when talking about who Cobb reminded people of, during the broadcast.

'Concept Coop said:

He is not like Smith, Cribbs, or McCluster. He has the skillset to be a traditional WR in the NFL. He just happened to dominate in more areas as well, in college. I think I heard the name Hines Ward, when talking about who Cobb reminded people of, during the broadcast.
:goodposting:

'Concept Coop said:

:goodposting:
yep, has more pure WR skills than any of those guys mentioned. He just happens to do some of those other things pretty good as well

stephen burton is another one that probably deserves some mention as well as terrance toliver

Nice Post !

I think everyone is kinda curious on who's going to be the wr after the top two.

I'm also high on Vinny Brown silky smooth with excellent hands

Titus Young lighting in a bottle sweet coming out of the break !

My sleeper if you want to call him one is Dwayne Harris keep an eye on where he goes.

I agree on Baldwin highly overrated should have stayed at Pitt

Hankerson is the one rated too high for me.

My take:

1. AJ Green

2. J. Jones

3. T. Young*

4. L. Hankerson

5. J. Baldwin

6. T. Smith*

7. J. Jernigan*

8. R. Cobb*

9. G. Little

10. A. Pettis

11. E. Gates*

12. T. Doss*

13. J. Kerley*

14. V. Brown

15. G. Salas

16. N. Paul*

17. R. Johnson*

18. D. Sanzenbacher

19. J. Maehl

20. D. Moore

21. T. Tolliver

22. C. Shorts

23. T. Gurley

24. A. Robinson

25. D. Harris

26. A. Binns

27. D. Adams

28. D. Brown

29. C. Smith

30. S. Burton

31. L. Jean

32. OJ Murdock

#s3-6 all have a high bust risk, especially Baldwin, but his upside is too tantalizing to ignore. I love both Boise St guys. Little would be #3 (at least) if not for the red flags.

San Diego State wide receiver Vincent Brown improved his fory time drastically at his pro day on Thursday according to Adam Caplan of FoxSports.com, running between a 4.52 and 4.57.

Brown isn’t known as a burner, but he has good hands and excellent route running skills.

I've been recently doing a lot of fact finding about Greg Little as well as watching highlights of him and am completely in love! Watching him fight for the ball is awesome, anytime it's near him, it's HIS! I see great leaping ability in his game which would make him a highly regarded red zone threat. Also, the way he runs with the ball in his hands, you can see the former-RB in his game, his stiff-arm, spin moves etc. make him one of the better YAC receivers available. I don't see a ton of character issues with him. I can't find everything on him and only see the inappropriate contact with an agent which to me, isn't a huge deal. Unless there is more to him from a character/attitude perspective that I've missed. I see him as a great candidate to be the 2011 version of Tampa Mike Williams. A hugely talented player that drops in the draft and thus goes into rookie drafts as an underrated 2nd round target for people this summer.

Great post. I agree with the Jon Baldwin bust potential. I'm not sold on him either. I think Smith is a little low and Hankerson is a bit high, but I can see why you'd rank him that highly, there's a lot to like.

Titus Young's dynasty stock seems to have fallen in the last 6 weeks or so.

Georgia reciver Kris Durham could make a huge impact in the NFL. He didn't play as a junior and was in AJ Greens shadow as a senior. Durham is great physically (running a 4.43 at 6'5), and has decent hands. As a 7th rounder or FA Durham could be a steal in the late rounds of rookie drafts.

Georgia reciver Kris Durham could make a huge impact in the NFL. He didn't play as a junior and was in AJ Greens shadow as a senior. Durham is great physically running a 4.43 at 6'5, and has decent hands. As a 7th rounder or FA Durham could be a steal in the late rounds of rookie drafts.
Interesting. I'll have to keep on eye on Durham and research him further as my rookie draft gets nearer.

Georgia reciver Kris Durham could make a huge impact in the NFL. He didn't play as a junior and was in AJ Greens shadow as a senior. Durham is great physically running a 4.43 at 6'5, and has decent hands. As a 7th rounder or FA Durham could be a steal in the late rounds of rookie drafts.
Interesting. I'll have to keep on eye on Durham and research him further as my rookie draft gets nearer.
He is basiclly a possession reciever with great size and speed. Could be a consistant 70 catch guy in the NFL.

I wouldn't worry about drafting Kris Durham. He's a poor man's Brian Finneran, a dime a dozen, and that is coming from a UGA fan that watched everyone of his games. Wr3 upside at best.

Having Baldwin that low is a bit sensational, don't you think. I mean, you're obviously trying to make a point but his previous production mixed with his size would make it close to impossible to have 15 guys from his own draft better than him in the long run.

'Team ROFLCOPTERS said:
Having Baldwin that low is a bit sensational, don't you think. I mean, you're obviously trying to make a point but his previous production mixed with his size would make it close to impossible to have 15 guys from his own draft better than him in the long run.
Not to many of us by the sound of it. If you're one like me, that sees more Limas Sweed than VJax and if you belive any of the "diva" claims, he could arguably be ranked lower than this.

I've been recently doing a lot of fact finding about Greg Little as well as watching highlights of him and am completely in love! Watching him fight for the ball is awesome, anytime it's near him, it's HIS! I see great leaping ability in his game which would make him a highly regarded red zone threat. Also, the way he runs with the ball in his hands, you can see the former-RB in his game, his stiff-arm, spin moves etc. make him one of the better YAC receivers available. I don't see a ton of character issues with him. I can't find everything on him and only see the inappropriate contact with an agent which to me, isn't a huge deal. Unless there is more to him from a character/attitude perspective that I've missed. I see him as a great candidate to be the 2011 version of Tampa Mike Williams. A hugely talented player that drops in the draft and thus goes into rookie drafts as an underrated 2nd round target for people this summer. Great post. I agree with the Jon Baldwin bust potential. I'm not sold on him either. I think Smith is a little low and Hankerson is a bit high, but I can see why you'd rank him that highly, there's a lot to like. Titus Young's dynasty stock seems to have fallen in the last 6 weeks or so.
:goodposting: Little is just a monster....I cant imagine hes going to fall to far in this draft...some team is going to take a chance on him potentially early second round.

I've been recently doing a lot of fact finding about Greg Little as well as watching highlights of him and am completely in love! Watching him fight for the ball is awesome, anytime it's near him, it's HIS! I see great leaping ability in his game which would make him a highly regarded red zone threat. Also, the way he runs with the ball in his hands, you can see the former-RB in his game, his stiff-arm, spin moves etc. make him one of the better YAC receivers available. I don't see a ton of character issues with him. I can't find everything on him and only see the inappropriate contact with an agent which to me, isn't a huge deal. Unless there is more to him from a character/attitude perspective that I've missed. I see him as a great candidate to be the 2011 version of Tampa Mike Williams. A hugely talented player that drops in the draft and thus goes into rookie drafts as an underrated 2nd round target for people this summer. Great post. I agree with the Jon Baldwin bust potential. I'm not sold on him either. I think Smith is a little low and Hankerson is a bit high, but I can see why you'd rank him that highly, there's a lot to like. Titus Young's dynasty stock seems to have fallen in the last 6 weeks or so.
:goodposting: Little is just a monster....I cant imagine hes going to fall to far in this draft...some team is going to take a chance on him potentially early second round.
For those suggesting Greg Little will be the 2011 Mike Williams, isn't it at least slightly concerning that he has only played WR full time for one season? To jump out of the gate and dominate in your rookie year is incredibly difficult for anyone, and for someone who has somewhat limited experience at the position I'd think it would be that much tougher.

I've been recently doing a lot of fact finding about Greg Little as well as watching highlights of him and am completely in love! Watching him fight for the ball is awesome, anytime it's near him, it's HIS! I see great leaping ability in his game which would make him a highly regarded red zone threat. Also, the way he runs with the ball in his hands, you can see the former-RB in his game, his stiff-arm, spin moves etc. make him one of the better YAC receivers available. I don't see a ton of character issues with him. I can't find everything on him and only see the inappropriate contact with an agent which to me, isn't a huge deal. Unless there is more to him from a character/attitude perspective that I've missed. I see him as a great candidate to be the 2011 version of Tampa Mike Williams Seattle Golden Tater. A hugely talented player that drops in the draft and thus goes into rookie drafts as an underrated 2nd round target for people this summer.

Great post. I agree with the Jon Baldwin bust potential. I'm not sold on him either. I think Smith is a little low and Hankerson is a bit high, but I can see why you'd rank him that highly, there's a lot to like.

Titus Young's dynasty stock seems to have fallen in the last 6 weeks or so.
Fixed :P

Tick,you have over 15,000 posts so what's with the period in the threads?
How your think he got so many posts?Seriously though, didnt some others already explain the dot to you?
Yeah they told me it's spam for my inbox. If someone wants to bump the thread, you bump it. If someone wants to follow the thread there is a button for that at the top of the page called "watch this topic". How hard is that to understand?

How your think he got so many posts?Seriously though, didnt some others already explain the dot to you?
Yeah they told me it's spam for my inbox. If someone wants to bump the thread, you bump it. If someone wants to follow the thread there is a button for that at the top of the page called "watch this topic". How hard is that to understand?
You're a real treat, you know that?

'eaglesfan7 said:
'Tick said:
I want to follow the thread. I don't want an email telling me there's a new post - I just want to check in when I log in. My main FBG page is the page in my profile that shows me my content. It shows the threads I've responded in that have new posts in them, and I check those.The reason I didn't post anything is that I haven't caught up enough on the rookies yet. I'm working on it, though.

'eaglesfan7 said:
'Tick said:
I want to follow the thread. I don't want an email telling me there's a new post - I just want to check in when I log in. My main FBG page is the page in my profile that shows me my content. It shows the threads I've responded in that have new posts in them, and I check those.The reason I didn't post anything is that I haven't caught up enough on the rookies yet. I'm working on it, though.
I got ya. I thought since you were posting in the thread you would get the email anyway but i guess you have it set up differently. cleared up.

'eaglesfan7 said:
'Tick said:
I got ya. I thought since you were posting in the thread you would get the email anyway but i guess you have it set up differently. cleared up.
Thank goodness :clap: ...I was stresssing over this

Okay, I've done some research, but it's all based on what others say about these players. Here are the tiers I see:

Green / Jones

TSmith / Hankerson / Cobb / Baldwin / Young / Jernigan / Little

Paul / Doss / Pettis / Salas / VBrown / Gates / Toliver / Johnson

Harris / Kerley / Moore / DBrown / Shorts / Adams

Sanzenbacher / Gurley / Binns

It seems that my time will be best spent sorting out the second and third tiers. The second tier is more spread out and it could be argued that there's a split between Baldwin and Young.

Okay, I've done some research, but it's all based on what others say about these players. Here are the tiers I see:Green / JonesTSmith / Hankerson / Cobb / Baldwin / Young / Jernigan / LittlePaul / Doss / Pettis / Salas / VBrown / Gates / Toliver / JohnsonHarris / Kerley / Moore / DBrown / Shorts / AdamsSanzenbacher / Gurley / BinnsIt seems that my time will be best spent sorting out the second and third tiers. The second tier is more spread out and it could be argued that there's a split between Baldwin and Young.
I do something similar, except i use 7 sites/individuals(some pay) for a spread sheet.. I use two categories, one is the average of 3 sites on 8 attributes for WR's on a 1-5 scale. The other is the average of where the 7 sites have the WR's ranked. I leave my own thoughts out for a couple reasons, one being these guys know alot more than me, and the other is i dont want my bias playing a part in what is suppose to be factual information(i will get the chance to be biased when my rookie draft gets here :D )Since i use pay sites i dont want to post too much, plus it took me weeks to put this together, i cant gve that info to my leaguemates who visit these boards. I do want to share some though, so here is my top 5.1. AJ Green - He averaged a 4.5, which was the hghest score of any player at any position. All 7 sites had him ranked as the #1 WR.2. Julio Jones - He averaged a 4.25 and had a #2 rank on all 7 sites.3. Greg Little - He finished as the 3rd best WR in the attribute category with a 3.94, but was only the 8th best WR finishing with an exact 8 average.4. Jonathan Baldwin - 3.88, and the 6th highest WR with a 6.86 average.5. Greg Salas - 3.88 and the 10th highest WR with a 11.1 average.Cobb, Smith and Hankerson all finished 3, 4, and 5 in the average ranking category and all had a 3.75 attribute scores.

Users who are viewing this thread