What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Draft Survivor (2 Viewers)

1.10 LaPorta, Sam DET TE
2.07 Harrison Jr., Marvin ARI WR (R)
3.10 Moore, D.J. CHI WR
4.07 Waddle, Jaylen MIA WR - Wasn't planning on a 3rd WR this early, but there's no excuse for Waddle falling out of the top 20 WRs in a best-ball format. I'll get all his 20+ point weeks without having to worry about the 2/30/0 stat lines.
5.10 Murray, Kyler ARI QB - I actually prefer one or two other QBs who were on the board here ... but, again, it's best-ball, so it's worth sacrificing 1ppg or whatever to build a stack with my (and his) WR1.
6.07 White, Zamir LVR RB26 - Usually avoid this RB range like the plague - too many unexciting vets that coaches are just looking for excuses to replace. Iā€™d rather grab a guy whose team let their bellcow walk and brought in no competition other than Alex Mattison.
7.10 Warren, Jaylen PIT RB30 - Speaking of unexciting vets, Najee Harris is Exhibit A. Warren may not have the 300-touch upside of Najee, but heā€™s shown he can do a lot more with less.
8.07 Stafford, Matthew LAR QB22 - If you told me 7 QBs would go off the board in between my picks, Iā€™d have bet my mortgage that Stafford would be one of them. Showing no signs of slowing down - if he stays healthy he seems like almost a lock to smash this ADP.
9.10 McConkey, Ladd LAC WR52 (R) - With three studs up top I feel I can take some fliers at WR the rest of the way. I didnā€™t love Laddā€™s draft profile but as a Harbaugh selection, heā€™ll get every chance to show out. Random Q - when is the last time a team with a top-5 QB had the first pass-catcher go off the board at pick 138? Iā€™m gonna go ahead and say ā€˜neverā€™. More thoughts on that after the draft ā€¦
10.07 Brown, Chase CIN RB41 - Basically a cut-and-paste of my Warren commentary, except Moss is even more unexciting than Harris and the Cinci offense is likely better than the Steelersā€™.

Bass and Ref building two of my favorite squads so far, as usual. Oz is really swinging for the fences with his crew but if he connects could run away with this. Few others that caught my eye as well but there'll be plenty of time to talk about them all after we wrap this up. Fun times as always fellas. :thumbup:

1.10 LaPorta, Sam DET TE
2.07 Harrison Jr., Marvin ARI WR (R)
3.10 Moore, D.J. CHI WR
4.07 Waddle, Jaylen MIA WR - Wasn't planning on a 3rd WR this early, but there's no excuse for Waddle falling out of the top 20 WRs in a best-ball format. I'll get all his 20+ point weeks without having to worry about the 2/30/0 stat lines.
5.10 Murray, Kyler ARI QB - I actually prefer one or two other QBs who were on the board here ... but, again, it's best-ball, so it's worth sacrificing 1ppg or whatever to build a stack with my (and his) WR1.

10.07 Brown, Chase CIN RB41 - Basically a cut-and-paste of my Warren commentary, except Moss is even more unexciting than Harris and the Cinci offense is likely better than the Steelersā€™.
I almost took him over my second TE....I was this close....nice pick

Quick review of the QB drafting in this league.

1. No QBs drafted in either round one or two - not surprised
2. First QB was Joh Allen at 3.2 - he's FBG #1 but a little surprising due to Buffalo offensive changes
3. Four more QBs taken in round 4, curious that L Jax went third and also that Richardson was QB5 - actually expected more than five by the end of the 4th round
4. Five QBs drafted in round 5, with Stroud as QB7 and Murray QB9 and Love QB10
5. Only two taken in round 6, with my target Goff sniped one pick ahead of me by @nittanylion
6. Five more taken in round 7 and all seemed relatively at ADP, except Herbert at ADP19, but that may be too low
7. Round 8 shocked me as eight more QBs were drafted with the total now at 25 - I expected to draft QB20 or so but 12 were taken after I drafted T. Lawrence at 7.5
8. Five more were taken in round 9, leaving only the Raiders and the Patriots as we have now drafted 30
9. I drafted Gardner Minshew at 10.12 as QB31, hoping that he will be the starter. He is a local hero in Mississippi as he played high school football at Brandon
10. Brissett went next at 10.13 and now one QB has been drafted from each NFL team

Quick review of the QB drafting in this league.

1. No QBs drafted in either round one or two - not surprised
2. First QB was Joh Allen at 3.2 - he's FBG #1 but a little surprising due to Buffalo offensive changes
3. Four more QBs taken in round 4, curious that L Jax went third and also that Richardson was QB5 - actually expected more than five by the end of the 4th round
4. Five QBs drafted in round 5, with Stroud as QB7 and Murray QB9 and Love QB10
5. Only two taken in round 6, with my target Goff sniped one pick ahead of me by @nittanylion
6. Five more taken in round 7 and all seemed relatively at ADP, except Herbert at ADP19, but that may be too low
7. Round 8 shocked me as eight more QBs were drafted with the total now at 25 - I expected to draft QB20 or so but 12 were taken after I drafted T. Lawrence at 7.5
8. Five more were taken in round 9, leaving only the Raiders and the Patriots as we have now drafted 30
9. I drafted Gardner Minshew at 10.12 as QB31, hoping that he will be the starter. He is a local hero in Mississippi as he played high school football at Brandon
10. Brissett went next at 10.13 and now one QB has been drafted from each NFL team
highly recommend someone jump on Fields asap.....live in CO....Wilson is washed....I would also snag Wentz before he is gone because Mahomes is fading...

When was the right time for Rashee Rice to go off the board?

The answer to this question is either "three rounds ago" or "never" and I honestly have no idea which.

The answer to this question is either "three rounds ago" or "never" and I honestly have no idea which.
:2cents: when the likelihood of getting a player which will score for you multiple weeks is minimal.
He could be the steal of the draft.

It had been a part of my Master Plan to have Jaylen Williams, Matt Stafford and Chase Brown on my Roster...until Mr. I. saw to it that it wasn't.

:2cents: when the likelihood of getting a player which will score for you multiple weeks is minimal.
Obviously I hope so. :) But I've also played enough best-ball and survivor to know there's a big difference between "11th-rounder who only puts up 7ppg all season" and "11th-rounder who sticks you with a zero all season". Sometimes 7 points is all you need in this format.

Honestly if these were still 18 rounds he'd have been a DND for me. Hoping 20 gives us enough breathing room where I can eat the risk of a 0. But no way to know for sure.

Obviously I hope so. :) But I've also played enough best-ball and survivor to know there's a big difference between "11th-rounder who only puts up 7ppg all season" and "11th-rounder who sticks you with a zero all season". Sometimes 7 points is all you need in this format.

Honestly if these were still 18 rounds he'd have been a DND for me. Hoping 20 gives us enough breathing room where I can eat the risk of a 0. But no way to know for sure.
:shrug: honestly i think the chances of him making an impact for you are greater than k miller making the difference for me.

Came oh so close to taking Sinnott here. But didnā€™t love the idea of having two rookie TEs.

Fellas,
Going to need help finishing the Draft.
Long story, be out of pocket for a week.

Got invited last minute to replace someone on a fishing trip in NW Ontario. Been in an RV for the last 36 hours, driving from DC area into Canada by way of Minnesota.

Flying 120 miles north tomorrow, for trophy Northern Pike & Lake Trout, and all the Walleye we can eat.

Internet access spotty at best. I'm standing on the side of the road right outside the RV park to send this. When I walk back down, I'll likely disconnect.
...and it's cold up here!

Will try to make upcoming pick if it gets back to me before flying out. Otherwise...

Need another PK
Need 2 D/ST
Could use a TE not on Week 12 Bye
...and whatever else.

My apologies and sincere thanks!

PS, have some connection in the RV. Will monitor progress and communicate as long as possible.

Last edited:
Fellas,
Going to need help finishing the Draft.
Long story, be out of pocket for a week.

Got invited last minute to replace someone on a fishing trip in NW Ontario. Been in an RV for the last 36 hours, driving from DC area into Canada by way of Minnesota.

Flying 120 miles north tomorrow, for trophy Northern Pike & Lake Trout, and all the Walleye we can eat.

Internet access spotty at best. I'm standing on the side of the road right outside the RV park to send this. When I walk back down, I'll likely disconnect.
...and it's cold up here!

Will try to make upcoming pick if it gets back to me before flying out. Otherwise...

Need another PK
Need 2 D/ST
Could use a TE not on Week 12 Bye
...and whatever else.

My apologies and sincere thanks!

PS, have some connection in the RV. Will monitor progress and communicate as long as possible.
have a blast :fishing:

Woke early to a rather loud thunderstorm and a frightened doxie. Read this info from @nittanylion. I am a bit uncomfortable making his pick immediately before mine.

I will try to go back to sleep and hope that someone on the other end of the draft will make a pick for him, but will make one later this am, if I need to.

Woke early to a rather loud thunderstorm and a frightened doxie. Read this info from @nittanylion. I am a bit uncomfortable making his pick immediately before mine.

I will try to go back to sleep and hope that someone on the other end of the draft will make a pick for him, but will make one later this am, if I need to.

To me it sounds like he flies out this morning. With him, I'm guessing central time, I am thinking he might be able to make this pick.

Just woke up,.I'm getting signal, will pick now.

ETA: got my D/ST1. Chiefs/6
Week 5 is my worst.
Weeks 9, 12 also.
WR are all Week 5 & 9
TE both Week 12

Maybe can make 15.6.

Thanks, guys.

Last edited:

Iā€™m far enough away and could just set pre selects after I pick in even rounds, can jump on during odd rounds if nobody else does first.

Pre drafted a couple of kickers with non conflicting bye weeks for 15.06 to hopefully keep you all moving.

Last edited:
Pretty foggy up north of here, might not be flying in to the lake today. Will stay connected and participate as much as possible, until I can't.

Was able to get one more pick in, 2nd D/ST.
That might be it. Might be able to hit 17.06.
Definitely flying out this AM.

Would appreciate a 4th RB
A wr not on Week 5/9 bye
TE not on wk 12 Bye
Whatever fills the bill.

Nittany is up. Any of the top 3 RB would available seem to fit with his RB byes.
is the top ranked FBG RB remaining Kenneth Gainwell? I can make that pick if it seems appropriate. I am not selecting an RB with my next pick and possibly for the rest of the draft

D'Onta Foreman and Miles Sanders are ranked slightly higher on Fantasy Pros, but both have same bye week as RBs already on @nittanylion team

Last edited:
i will wait till 3;45, almost an hour from now. Please post here if a different RB than Gainwell makes more sense for @nittanylion next pick. RB was listed above at the top of his list

@nittanylion list he left. Already has an RB, so could someone select either a WR not on bye week 5 or 9, or a TE not on bye week 12

Would appreciate a 4th RB
A wr not on Week 5/9 bye
TE not on wk 12 Bye
Whatever fills the bill

Team rzrback77 draft notes

1.5 Tyreek Hill WR3 - Would normally consider the top TE at this point with the 2.0 ppr TE scoring, but just not sure that Kelce has another studly season in him, so I went with Hill. Last year he stated that his goal was to have 2,000 receiving yards and for a large portion of the season, he was on pace for that. Like having a true dominant receiver in these leagues and I did not hesitate to take him fifth overall and as WR3.

2.12 - Man, it is a long time between picks near the turn in these 16-team leagues. I much prefer to be nearer the middle. Seven tight ends were drafted between my first and second picks and I truly expect without injury that Kittle can finish above a few of those picked. There are several receiver mouths to be fed, but Kittle is talented and there is 2.0 ppr.

3.5 - Might have considered a second TE and did look a bit at WRs here, but I did not yet have an RB and Derrick Henry seemed like the obvious pick for me. After three rounds, I have one each at RB-WR-TE and each one of these players has a chance to finish in the top five at their position. I am happy through three rounds.

4.12 - Looked at QBs here, and would probably have taken Mahomes, but he was drafted at 4.9. So with only four QBs drafted and I with a good feeling about QBs all the way down to QB12, I looked at other positions. D. Smith and Nico Collins stood out to me. Smith went at 4.11, so I hung with Collins. First pick with some ifs involved as second year QB needs to maintain his production and the Texans added Mr. Diggs, but Collins is a big-time playmaker that I like even better in best-ball.

5.5 - Had Keenan Allen dialed in for this pick, but Mr. Harris sniped him one pick before. Not sure why David Montgomery is still around at RB21, but I pivoted from losing Allen to being glad that he was available. Yes, I do expect Gibbs to get more touches in his second season, but Monty this late seems like a solid value pick. Sitting at 2 RBs, 2 WRs and a TE after five rounds, so now I need to draft one of my top 12 QBs.

6.12 - Christian Kirk was taken at WR24 and this seemed like a solid pick at the time because again NittanyLion sniped me with his QB selection of Goff. Kirk was not on my list as it was Goff solo, but after a quick review, much like at 5.5, my previous pick, I was happy with Kirk, who I expect to lead the Jaguars in receptions.

7.5 - Since I did not draft a QB at 6.12, I felt it was an urgent need here, so at QB13 I settled on Trevor Lawrence. His fantasy play has been better than his actual QB play, so even with all the questions about whether he is worthy of an extension of his contract or not, I went with him over Herbert, Tua, Cousins and Rodgers. Will consider doubling up at QB with my next pick.

8.12 - An amazing twelve QBs were drafted after I picked Lawrence, so I did not double up at QB as there was nobody I liked much. It may have been an error in judgment, but I looked elsewhere at all three other positions. Gus Edwards, who is now a member of the Chargers seemed like a nice guy to have as my third RB. Harbaugh loves defense and the running game and he should be the RB1 for the Chargers, but the issue was and is that his bye week matches Montgomery. Oops,

9.5 - Tyler Lockett WR49 - I still believe in Mr. Lockett and WR49 seems like a solid bargain. I'll take it.

10.12 - My solo QB began to worry me back while I was drafting Edwards and Lockett, but it felt like a necessity here. I am a Gardner Minshew fan. He played his high school football where I live now and I think that he can win the starting job for the Raiders. He seems made to play for the Raiders.

11.5 - Hedging my bet on Minshew just a bit, I draft Drake Maye of the Patriots as my third QB.

12.12 - Zach Ertz TE - a desperate hope that he can be serviceable and score a few games for me and particularly when Kittle is on bye or misses a game.

13.5 - Ty Chandler RB - He showed some promise a year ago and I definitely needed a fourth RB since two of mine had week 5 byes.

14.12 - Wan'Dale Robinson WR - He showed some open field moves and I am hopeful he can step up a bit this season.

15.5 - Chris Boswell PK - was pleased to get him kind of late.

16.12 - Bucs DST - man, there are a lot of DSTs drafted already. Oops for waiting so long.

17.5 - Patriots DST - seems a bit more solid duo than I deserved for waiting so late.

18.12 - Kendrick Bourne WR - pleasant surprise this late

19.5 - Graham Gano PK - needed another PK and he seems like one of the last two available,

20.12 - one more pick to go. I will see if I can find a rookie or a bargain or both.

I liked my start, but the middle seemed a little bogged down. But then I seemed to get good value toward the end. Enjoyed drafting with y'all

1. Gibbs - Wanted Puka, Ref killed that plan. If I'd known Barkley was going to fall, I would have taken Andrews here instead of Gibbs. Andrews + Barkley > Gibbs + Engram. Favorite picks this round were Cmac, T. Hill, and Nuka. McBride was an eye opener.

2. Engram - Despise this pick but felt cornered after Andres and Kincaid went. Considered Njoku so well done Mr. Harris. Add Barkley, Williams, and Evans to the best picks of this round.

3. Kupp - If Puka had fallen I would have taken Kupp in round 2. 26 picks later I'm running to the podium. I thought Allen was a reach, but @bicycle_seat_sniffer still got Shultz in the next round so it worked out well. Also thought Cmet wasn't a strong pick. @ryheaps2 picks IMO were among the best and the worst. Most to the picks this round were decent.

4. L Jax - Bad pick here by me. When Achane went the pick before I panicked and miscalculated the QB run. Passed on Hurts due to sharing a bye with Gibbs. Favorite picks were Jones, Achane, and Waddle.

5. Higgins - Here's where the odd round luck fell my way again. WR29??? Did I miss some news? Barring injury he crushes this draft position. Favorite picks were Stroud and Burrow.

6. Hollywood Brown - First even round picked I liked. I'll be owning a ton of him this year in best ball at this price. Updating a previous report, free-agent WR Marquise Brown (Cardinals) singed a one-year contract worth $7 million on Thursday, March 14. The deal includes a $3 million signing bonus, $3.5 million base and $4 million worth of incentives tied to touchdowns, receiving yards and playing time. I'm expecting numbers like his LJax days. Favorite picks this round, Harris and Purdy. Kirk at WR37 may have been the best pick of the draft.

7. Javonte - Pumped to get a RB FBG has ranked at #24 at RB31. Upside here too. I now have my core starters locked in and don't feel like I have any major holes. Alot of strong picks this round like Tua, Musgrave, Muth, Mosert, and Sutton.

8. Caleb Williams - Meh...get a 2nd QB not or risk going to the scrap heap. Worst part about the scrap heap is having to burn a pick on a 3rd QB. Liked the Spears, Gus, and Theilen picks.

9. Otton - Like some of the other TEs better, but byes were an issue. Same reasoning taking a second TE here as the QB above. Favorite picks were Myers, Henry, and Doubs. Cook and Lockett consideration for steal of the draft.

10. Charbonnett - Wanted to lock in a RB3 and deferred to the guy with the most draft capital. Considered Corum and Dobbins. Add Dotson to those two as good picks.

11. Palmer - Thanks to my GB Razorback stepping in for me. You're telling me I got Herbert's WR1 at WR62. FBG has him at #54, high of #33 and low of #67. Thanks for the gift. The only guy I wanted more was Samuel who I almost took over Charbonnett. Another potential SOD.

12. Q Johnston - So you think I wrong above, got you covered. More draft capital than McDonkey. Loaded at WR now. Really like the Fields and Wicks picks.

13. Trey Palmer - Poor pick, should have taken McPherson who was a great pick. Remember him coming on strong at the end of the year and being a BB type of player. Liked the Bateman and Douglas picks.

14. SF D - Trying to get the run rolling.

15. Grupe - Had to as the chairs were getting thin. Like the Meyer pick.

16. Houston D - Securing the 2nd to be done before crumbs were left. Old mil has triple up so a major run is coming. Liked the Dillon pick.

17. Rondale Moore - Cousins utilizes a WR3. Moore could displace Mooney. Didn't realize Atlanta sent off Ridder for him. Slayton, Mattison, Mitchellx2 seemed like the best picks of the round.

18. K. Mitchell - Remembered the buzz from last year. Henry is getting old. Bourne was and outstanding pick, liked Gainwell and Sanders as a guy who finds a good home

19. Tank Bigsby - Coach says he'll get more touches. Of course he about the same as me last year. Liked the Karty, Moore, and Dissly picks.

20 Pineiro - May not stick in Carolina vs the thicker kicker but stats last year were good enough to land somewhere.

Putting it all together

QB - Jackson 14, Williams 7: Above average pair here.
RB - Gibbs 5, Williams 14, Charbonnet 10, Mitchell 14, Bigsby 12: I'm sure I'll lag the field here. Slightly below average.
WR - Kupp 6, Higgins 12, Hollywood 6, Palmer/Johnston 5, Palmer 11, Moore 12: This is how best ball is done. Might be my FBG contest stable. Significantly above average.
TE - Engram 12, Otton 11: Should hold their own. Won't be top of the league, but slightly above average.
K - Grupe 12, Pineiro 11: Below average.
D - SF 9, Houston 14: Above average.

Weeks 12 and 14 will be brutal. Interested to see if anyone else did as poorly with bye management. In hindsight Gibbs, Engram, Palmer, Pineiro should have been Andrews, Barkley, Mcpherson, and WR yet to be drafted.

Team rzrback77 draft notes

1.5 Tyreek Hill WR3 - Would normally consider the top TE at this point with the 2.0 ppr TE scoring, but just not sure that Kelce has another studly season in him, so I went with Hill. Last year he stated that his goal was to have 2,000 receiving yards and for a large portion of the season, he was on pace for that. Like having a true dominant receiver in these leagues and I did not hesitate to take him fifth overall and as WR3.

2.12 - Man, it is a long time between picks near the turn in these 16-team leagues. I much prefer to be nearer the middle. Seven tight ends were drafted between my first and second picks and I truly expect without injury that Kittle can finish above a few of those picked. There are several receiver mouths to be fed, but Kittle is talented and there is 2.0 ppr.

3.5 - Might have considered a second TE and did look a bit at WRs here, but I did not yet have an RB and Derrick Henry seemed like the obvious pick for me. After three rounds, I have one each at RB-WR-TE and each one of these players has a chance to finish in the top five at their position. I am happy through three rounds.

4.12 - Looked at QBs here, and would probably have taken Mahomes, but he was drafted at 4.9. So with only four QBs drafted and I with a good feeling about QBs all the way down to QB12, I looked at other positions. D. Smith and Nico Collins stood out to me. Smith went at 4.11, so I hung with Collins. First pick with some ifs involved as second year QB needs to maintain his production and the Texans added Mr. Diggs, but Collins is a big-time playmaker that I like even better in best-ball.

5.5 - Had Keenan Allen dialed in for this pick, but Mr. Harris sniped him one pick before. Not sure why David Montgomery is still around at RB21, but I pivoted from losing Allen to being glad that he was available. Yes, I do expect Gibbs to get more touches in his second season, but Monty this late seems like a solid value pick. Sitting at 2 RBs, 2 WRs and a TE after five rounds, so now I need to draft one of my top 12 QBs.

6.12 - Christian Kirk was taken at WR24 and this seemed like a solid pick at the time because again NittanyLion sniped me with his QB selection of Goff. Kirk was not on my list as it was Goff solo, but after a quick review, much like at 5.5, my previous pick, I was happy with Kirk, who I expect to lead the Jaguars in receptions.

7.5 - Since I did not draft a QB at 6.12, I felt it was an urgent need here, so at QB13 I settled on Trevor Lawrence. His fantasy play has been better than his actual QB play, so even with all the questions about whether he is worthy of an extension of his contract or not, I went with him over Herbert, Tua, Cousins and Rodgers. Will consider doubling up at QB with my next pick.

8.12 - An amazing twelve QBs were drafted after I picked Lawrence, so I did not double up at QB as there was nobody I liked much. It may have been an error in judgment, but I looked elsewhere at all three other positions. Gus Edwards, who is now a member of the Chargers seemed like a nice guy to have as my third RB. Harbaugh loves defense and the running game and he should be the RB1 for the Chargers, but the issue was and is that his bye week matches Montgomery. Oops,

9.5 - Tyler Lockett WR49 - I still believe in Mr. Lockett and WR49 seems like a solid bargain. I'll take it.

10.12 - My solo QB began to worry me back while I was drafting Edwards and Lockett, but it felt like a necessity here. I am a Gardner Minshew fan. He played his high school football where I live now and I think that he can win the starting job for the Raiders. He seems made to play for the Raiders.

11.5 - Hedging my bet on Minshew just a bit, I draft Drake Maye of the Patriots as my third QB.

12.12 - Zach Ertz TE - a desperate hope that he can be serviceable and score a few games for me and particularly when Kittle is on bye or misses a game.

13.5 - Ty Chandler RB - He showed some promise a year ago and I definitely needed a fourth RB since two of mine had week 5 byes.

14.12 - Wan'Dale Robinson WR - He showed some open field moves and I am hopeful he can step up a bit this season.

15.5 - Chris Boswell PK - was pleased to get him kind of late.

16.12 - Bucs DST - man, there are a lot of DSTs drafted already. Oops for waiting so long.

17.5 - Patriots DST - seems a bit more solid duo than I deserved for waiting so late.

18.12 - Kendrick Bourne WR - pleasant surprise this late

19.5 - Graham Gano PK - needed another PK and he seems like one of the last two available,

20.12 - one more pick to go. I will see if I can find a rookie or a bargain or both.

I liked my start, but the middle seemed a little bogged down. But then I seemed to get good value toward the end. Enjoyed drafting with y'all
Well done and thanks for helping me out. I really like your WRs. Your RBs are the most boring in the league but will serve you well. Nice job on cobbling together QB late. I would have found a way to add Dissly as Ertz is older than me and Kittle disappears some games. Kirk, Lockett, and Bourne potential SODs.

SoD right here.

Side note - we traveled up to Rogers, AR on Saturday to pick up our granddaughter and our puppy Sandy, who my wife calls our baby (even at five years old) got a burr in her foot. Turned out the burr was nothing, but she did something to her back. Long story short, she list use of her back legs, we were in the car almost eight hours driving from north of Fayetteville, AR to MSU Vet Emergency Clinic in Starkville, MS. Back surgery early Sunday. Slow improvement every day. We drove back up to visit yesterday and our call this morning indicated minor hip wiggle, so we are optimistic she regains movement for her rear legs. We return to pick her up tomorrow.

Side note - we traveled up to Rogers, AR on Saturday to pick up our granddaughter and our puppy Sandy, who my wife calls our baby (even at five years old) got a burr in her foot. Turned out the burr was nothing, but she did something to her back. Long story short, she list use of her back legs, we were in the car almost eight hours driving from north of Fayetteville, AR to MSU Vet Emergency Clinic in Starkville, MS. Back surgery early Sunday. Slow improvement every day. We drove back up to visit yesterday and our call this morning indicated minor hip wiggle, so we are optimistic she regains movement for her rear legs. We return to pick her up tomorrow.
Wishing you guys the best.

After my previous post on Sandy, the surgeon called to confirm that Sandy could be discharged tomorrow and he said there has been ā€œsomeā€ back leg movement and that this is positive news.

All that remains for @nittanylion is a TE without conflicting bye week 12. I do not have access to FBG rankings as my sub expired, but ā€¦

Top listed TEs on MFL are

Parham LAC
Tremble CAR
Smythe MIA
Granson IND
Jordan HOU

Someone else needs to make this pick as I think I will draft another TE as well.

All that remains for @nittanylion is a TE without conflicting bye week 12. I do not have access to FBG rankings as my sub expired, but ā€¦

Top listed TEs on MFL are

Parham LAC
Tremble CAR
Smythe MIA
Granson IND
Jordan HOU

Someone else needs to make this pick as I think I will draft another TE as well.
I picked for him - he already got his non-week 12 TE and looked like he had only 3 WRs for week 5 with a whole bunch of other byes at other positions. Threw him Alec Pierce - maybe he'll get a long TD there.

1. Travis Kelce. JJ was my preference, LaPorta was 3rd due to 2 PPR for TE. Kelce more focus point than Sam
2. Mike Evans. Had Barkley, Wilson, Marvin predrafted ahead of him. They all went. Evans will suffice here. Olave next guy up
3. Kenneth Walker. London, Deebo, Waddle in preselect. Was thinking Zach C later. Rather have Barkley-Deebo/Waddle over Evans-Walker
4. Patrick Mahomes. Doubling down early. Just thought a QB run would ensue and did not want to be left behind. I was mistaken. My kiss of death could be week 6. Need immunity. Waddle was first choice
5. Rhamondre Stevenson. Looked at him in 4th. Ecstatic to get in 5th. I know team awful but one of the few bellcows out there. Way higher rated on my board. Nabers was my 2nd choice here.
6. Jordan Addison. Top choice. Love the Goff pick and might have worked around that if knowing going to be available
7. Pat Friermuth. Had him and Musgrave in preselect. 2 PPR and saw drop off after both. Worthy was consideration. Herbert nice value at QB but not available
8. Brian Thomas. Not sniped here either. Looked hard at McCarthy but took chance he would last. Wrong. Thomas I feel can be huge for best ball
9. Russell Wilson. I think Pitt QB will be good. Still prefer Minny and price. Giants might have been good. Lock in 20 nice. But I got no choice.
10. Trey Benson. Charbonnet top of list. Juedy/Samuel/Dobbins in there also. Hereā€™s hoping rookies do lots
11. Curtis Samuel. I probably should have played safe here with Fields but think Samuel steal. He was on list for 10
12. Justin Fields. Was top of list before Mr I comment. Sinnott/Wilson/Wicks was also in preselect. Ensure starter which is huge
13. Chuba Hubbard. He should be good till Benson gets going. I keep reading Brooks will be brought along slowly. Perfect for this young team of mine. Legette/Polk also in preselect
14. Jalynn Polk. Someone has to catch ball and be #1 in New England. Why not Polk. Read good things. Almost took D who were in preselect
15. Det D. D scores more than PK. Looking back to 2022, I saw the 3 D thing and few teams go 1 PK. Did not want to be left behind. This is evolving D.
16. Cinc D. Look above. Like what they did in off season also. GB another
17. Adonai Mitchell. Had few rookies in. Franklin/Burton. Rather go for the stars over taking your 5 PPG at best guys.
18. Will Reichard. Kicks indoors. O has quality. Taken 6th round. See no big difference maker here. Checks boxes and hope he starts
19. Joshua Karty. Check above except warm weather. Risky. I lead league in rookies. Thought 1 PK and put D in above pre selects for 3
20. Adam Trautman. I came in wanting 3 TE and starting 2. Never worked out. He was brought in by coach. Opportunity to play. Hope get couple weeks out of him

QB. It is very good. Chance to lead league
RB. Average but most units are these days.
WR. Really depending on rookies. Might kill me. I like it on paper
TE. One of the best
PK. Who cares but got non bad weather guys. Both bye week 6. Tool for not looking but others did not trust at this stage
D. Like the twosome at the value

Hated start of my draft but liked as went along.

REF:

1.12 Puka Nacua WR7 LAR 6
2.05 Saquon Barkley RB6 PHI 5
3.12 Michael Pittman WR17 IND 14
4.05 Alvin Kamara RB16 NOS 12
5.12 Malik Nabers WR28 NYG 11
6.05 Brock Purdy QB11 SF 9
7.12 Tua Tagovailoa QB15 MIA 6
8.05 Mike Williams WR NYJ 12

9.12 Mike Gesicki TE22 CIN 12

So after I switched off the TE strategy after round 2 or so, I texted Bass for a ruling. Part of my punt the TE plan was to draft Taysom Hill as TE later. Apparently MFL uses Fantasy Sharks to designate positions, and as luck would have it Fantasy Sharks is the only website on the ****ing planet that I could find that lists Hill as a QB instead of a TE. Totally ****ed up IMO. And I know the rule in these has always been ā€œwe will do whatever MFL doesā€. So whateverā€¦had to switch directions on the fly again. With basically all the other TEā€™s leaving CIN and Gesicki coming in, he will be the man. Was planning on taking him much later than this thinking I would already have one or so on board, but either way, glad to have him on team REF. Round nineā€¦.really liked the Lockett pick this round, not sure about the Waller pick, as that could basically leave Rene without a TE for the first part of the season with Hockenson likely out for awhile to start. He probably should have taken a safer play there for a guy that may not retire.

10.05 Chigoziem Okonkwo TE25 TEN 5

Decided to go ahead and double up at TE on this turn. This dude has the physical skills but also has a lot of competition for targets. There was some buzz about this guy last year. Hopefully it was just one year to soon. Round 10ā€¦..liked the Charbonnet pick here and loved the Chase Brown pick, I considered Brown heavily and almost took him. Sniffed Conklin and Odunze as well, was glad somebody else took Juedy and some of the last QB2ā€™s go to help let some stuff fall to next turn.

11.12 MarShawn Lloyd RB48 GB 10

Went ahead bought into some of the hype around this cat. Possible upside here. He could post a usable score for me even in a timeshare, upside if Jacobs gets hurt as he may get the call over Dillon. Round 11ā€¦.was looking at Odunze falling so thought that was a solid pick, glad to see QB 33 and 34 go, makes me feel a little better about snagging two early.

12.05 Gabe Davis WR66 JAC 12

(Pushes all chips to middle of table). I just canā€™t quit this guy for some reason. At this price and in this format he is a decent pick. Had he gone somewhere else on the real cheap, I might be avoiding, but he went from a great QB to another real good one and a team that wanted him, so major QB downgrade is not really an issue, and you could argue the WR room may be better for him then what he had been in. Good best ball pick that I expect to outperform WR66. Round 12, liked the Wicks pick, not crazy about Dulcich as I guess he is dinged again already.

13.12 Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB54 KCC 6

This was kind of a boring pick/round but he has been brought back, is currently the #2 back for the two-time defending super bowl champs, McKinnon is gonzo (for now). After securing two decent backs, my strategy in these is to target backups on good teams who may give their studs some rest late in games they have in hand. CEH offers that, plus KC does like to give him some run early in games too. Mission accomplished. Round 13ā€¦.nothing really stood out here one way or the other.

14.05 Matt Gay PK14 IND 14

Dome. Got one. Went PK over DST as thought PK may really start drying up. Round 14ā€¦.liked the Legette pick, not much as to say as DST dominated this round.

15.12 Miami Dolphins DST11 6

Glad I took a PK last round and was glad to see MIA DST still available here. Was watching Kraft fall and may have sniffed him as third TE so liked that pick, but rest was pretty much PK and DST.

16.05 Matt Prater PK23 ARZ 11

Dome. Got two. Dillon was only non PK or DST pick this round and liked that pick.

17.12 Elijah Mitchell RB60 SF 9

Phase two of the CEH type theory. If he holds off Mason he may have some usable weeks and if something happens to CMC, could be large. Round 17, liked the Pearsall, A. Mitchell and Burks picks this round.

18.05 Washington Commanders DST31 14

Some teams going three DST, Iā€™ll bite and not be left with one. However I would have had OBJ made it back, I almost took him last round over Mitchell. Probably would have taken Boyd too, so liked those picks as I was sniped, so it made the DST pick pretty much a no brainer for me.

19.12 Devontez Walker WR93 BAL 14

After missing out on OBJ and Boyd, decided to swing for the fences a little. This guy could be fun. Really liked the Dissly pick this round, 15 teams may regret passing on him as a TE 2 or 3.

20.05 Hunter Renfrow WR95 FA BYE?

Debated long and hard on this pick. Almost went ahead and took Taysom Hill thinking Fantasy Sharks and MFL will have to switch his position at some point between now and the start of the season. They have too right? But if they do, it may be to RB now. Will be interesting to watch. Liked that pick this round, as if nothing else, he could help out in a jam at QB if needed. Two of the other guys I had on my short list went the two picks after this one so liked those here. I expect Renfrow to sign soon and have an impact, potential steal here or total dud, Iā€™m thinking steal and that wherever he goes (KC?) he outplays WR95.

6.05 Brock Purdy QB11 SF 9
7.12 Tua Tagovailoa QB15 MIA 6

2.05 Saquon Barkley RB6 PHI 5
4.05 Alvin Kamara RB16 NOS 12
11.12 MarShawn Lloyd RB48 GB 10
13.12 Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB54 KCC 6
17.12 Elijah Mitchell RB60 SF 9

1.12 Puka Nacua WR7 LAR 6
3.12 Michael Pittman WR17 IND 14
5.12 Malik Nabers WR28 NYG 11
8.05 Mike Williams WR NYJ 12
12.05 Gabe Davis WR66 JAC 12
19.12 Devontez Walker WR93 BAL 14
20.05 Hunter Renfrow WR95 FA BYE?

9.12 Mike Gesicki TE22 CIN 12
10.05 Chigoziem Okonkwo TE25 TEN 5

14.05 Matt Gay PK14 IND 14
16.05 Matt Prater PK23 ARZ 11

15.12 Miami Dolphins DST11 6
18.05 Washington Commanders DST31 14

Went 2-5-7-2-2-2ā€¦.so pretty chalk position wise. Kept my eye on bye weeks so should be ok there for the most part as long as not too many injuries. Hope I drafted well enough to overcome the 2 PPR TE thing here as I am not real strong there, but really like my other position groupings overall, hopefully they can make up the difference I lose to the field at TE. Enjoyed it boys, good luck and have a great summer. :suds:

Last edited:
@Stinkin Ref - I also went looking for Taysom Hill as my second TE. I thought that I had missed him being drafted. Never thought that he would be listed as a QB, but that is where I finally found him. Not sure what round that was, but I imagine that we are not the only two that went looking for him.

Users who are viewing this thread