What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (4 Viewers)

From that article:

"Highly potent weed creating marijuana addicts worldwide, study says"

The propaganda lives on!

My neighbor lent me his Pax vaporizer for a test drive a couple months ago. Its an older model - probably at least 3 years old. It's nice, but still not quite perfect for my needs. The odor is reduced, but not enough that I can hit it inside the house. The buzz is not as strong. I don't even like bringing it inside as there is a pretty strong smell even when its cold. It seems likely that by the time I figure this out my kids will probably be out of the house and I can go back to my old ways anyway.

My wife got me a Delta-8 cookie yesterday at a neighborhood street/art market and it was really pretty nice. I've heard of the stuff but don't know much about it. Pot is illegal in our state but for some reason Delta 8 is apparently completely legal. I didn't read the label, just scarfed it down after dinner and had a really nice night. Went to bed at 11:00 and slept straight through to 9:00 this morning - best sleep I've had for a long time. Good thing I am WFH today and have a pretty slow day.

Reactions: JAA
My wife got me a Delta-8 cookie yesterday at a neighborhood street/art market and it was really pretty nice. I've heard of the stuff but don't know much about it. Pot is illegal in our state but for some reason Delta 8 is apparently completely legal. I didn't read the label, just scarfed it down after dinner and had a really nice night. Went to bed at 11:00 and slept straight through to 9:00 this morning - best sleep I've had for a long time. Good thing I am WFH today and have a pretty slow day.
Only thing to be careful about is that delta 8 products are not tested and/or regulated. Buyer be ware.

Are you kidding me, chief? I have a medical certificate here in beautiful Denver. I go to Native Roots every Sunday morning, where I can get 20 1-gram pre-rolls for about $66. Good stuff, too.

While decriminalized, I believe my state of New Hampshire (state motto - Live Free or Die) is the only New England state that hasn't legalized recreational use.

For those of you into NFT's. My son and I are NFT owners in a project called Stoned Ape Crew. Staked NFT's earn "Puff" which at one time could be used as currency at some weed stores, though I no longer see a list of stores on their site now.

Picked up a syringe of RSO (full spectrum extract) last month...Holy money. A small grain of rice size dollop on a goldfish cracker, and bah-bye. The high lasts 4-6 hours and man, it's potent.

When the wife had covid last month, it was the only thing that helped with her full body pain.

Just looking at them today. Will be making a trip home next week.

https://santacruzcannabis.com/aptos-menu
I'm a big fan of the 20:1 (CBD:THC) Strawberry ones.

I like to eat a few during the work day on occasion.
Ended up getting the raspberry and the rhubarb. Good stuff. Didn't feel the full effect at first as I was taking them at bed time and when I woke up in the middle of the night with jet lag. Finally got around to taking them in the afternoon/early evening and was :alien:

Only thing to be careful about is that delta 8 products are not tested and/or regulated. Buyer be ware.
Pops started chemo last week and they recommended the delta-9 stuff. Gummis weren't specific but got some 20 mg tab that are scored for splitting.

Picked up a syringe of RSO (full spectrum extract) last month...Holy money. A small grain of rice size dollop on a goldfish cracker, and bah-bye. The high lasts 4-6 hours and man, it's potent.

When the wife had covid last month, it was the only thing that helped with her full body pain.
That’s good stuff for pain, sedation and chillin out.

Pops started chemo last week and they recommended the delta-9 stuff. Gummis weren't specific but got some 20 mg tab that are scored for splitting.
RSO would be a good option for him…assuming in med or rec state.

CA, it's all good.

is this considered an oil? looking for it on the menu https://santacruzcannabis.com/aptos-menu

can't thank you enough for your help here.

I had a syringe of this stuff (or similar I guess) and had a couple bad experiences, ended up tossing it out. I should have gone down to *grain of rice* size dose I guess. A pea sized glob on my finger one night and I ended up sleeping in the basement on the couch - couldn’t even get up to pee for about 6 hours. I’ve been a regular pot smoker for over40 years but this stuff really did me wrong.

I'm wondering if this is the same thing as RSO.... and is it ingested orally like RSO? I suppose I can ask the shop when I go tomorrow.

Maybe, but it's quite a bit lighter in color than any I've seen, and it says medium strength in the description...but yeah it's prob similar.

The stuff I get is like tar...I have to run the syringe under hot water for 30 seconds or so or it's too thick.

My stuff: https://ibb.co/zVWMNr5
Label: https://ibb.co/NWCfQKm

I'm wondering if this is the same thing as RSO.... and is it ingested orally like RSO? I suppose I can ask the shop when I go tomorrow.

Maybe, but it's quite a bit lighter in color than any I've seen, and it says medium strength in the description...but yeah it's prob similar.

The stuff I get is like tar...I have to run the syringe under hot water for 30 seconds or so or it's too thick.

My stuff: https://ibb.co/zVWMNr5
Label: https://ibb.co/NWCfQKm
800 MG! :excited:

is this considered an oil? looking for it on the menu https://santacruzcannabis.com/aptos-menu

can't thank you enough for your help here.
It comes in a tube or syringe. I did a search and don’t see it listed on their site.

Just saw this, thank you. I think I am going to try this route on the next visit. Really been thinking more about this vaping crap and thinking about just switching to edibles, but didn't know much about the tinctures/RSO.

Just saw this, thank you. I think I am going to try this route on the next visit. Really been thinking more about this vaping crap and thinking about just switching to edibles, but didn't know much about the tinctures/RSO.
?????

?????
Sorry, been doing a lot of vaping and probably need to taper that off. I wonder if this might go farther than edibles.
Since I don't live in a legal state I've been vaping b/c I need something to supplement the gummies. Or do 2hour rounds trips every 10days or so.

Be careful, it's potent stuff. Start small and work your way up.

Be careful, it's potent stuff. Start small and work your way up.
Are there differences I should keep an eye out for?

?????
Sorry, been doing a lot of vaping and probably need to taper that off. I wonder if this might go farther than edibles.
Since I d
Since I don't live in a legal state I've been vaping b/c I need something to supplement the gummies. Or do 2hour rounds trips every 10days or so.

?????

West Coast says hi! :pickle:

?????
Since I d

?????

I wish. I hope you guys know how good you have it in some states.

Just got back from our MI vacation, and those dispensaries are light years better than where I go in Illinois and about 1/3 the price. It was like I thought it would be everywhere - wait in the lobby, meet up with my bud guy, answered all the questions and b.s., and helped with the order. Product on display, etc... Just a nice experience.

Very good for sleeping but that Delta-8 stuff messes me up pretty good. Definitely don't drive or do anything meaningful on it.

For sure. Both my wife and I got pretty scared the first time we took some. Potency seems to vary by each gummie even. I won't even take them on the golf course.

For sure. Both my wife and I got pretty scared the first time we took some. Potency seems to vary by each gummie even. I won't even take them on the golf course.
You live in AZ where it is legal, no?

Yes, it's legal to consume. It's likely illegal to drive under the influence of the same.

My point is that the Delta 8 - which I think skirts some state statutes because of it's varying chemical makeup (kind of like "spice" did a decade or so ago) - is still unreliably potent.

Yes, it's legal to consume. It's likely illegal to drive under the influence of the same.

My point is that the Delta 8 - which I think skirts some state statutes because of it's varying chemical makeup (kind of like "spice" did a decade or so ago) - is still unreliably potent.
Right. I guess that’s my point. If you live in a state where you can buy regular THC based items, why would you buy Delta 8 products?

Right. I guess that’s my point. If you live in a state where you can buy regular THC based items, why would you buy Delta 8 products?
I didn't. My wife did while at the CBD store (I think the salesperson talked her into it).

Going forward we are only buying from dispensaries.

@urbanhack sorry, I completely missed your point initially. You're correct - it's relatively nonsensical to buy the Delta 8 in a state where regular THC products can be consumed recreationally.

Had my first D8 edible last night.

TLDR version: It was excellent, and this old stoner is very impressed.

I've been smoking weed for 40 years. Mostly a flower guy - never liked the vapes/oils/etc, and only started liking edibles the last year or so.

I'm typically a 2-3x a week smoker, and since I don't have a connect here in NC, my yearly visit to family in NY includes a trip to MA to stock up. Hopefully VA has stores in a year or two so it'll make that easier.

Anyway, when I first got here, I learned about D8. I saw it in a CBD store when I was buying a new pipe, and couldn't believe there was actual bud/flower for sale. I bought a little, and was unimpressed. Yea, I felt "something", but it was like drinking a 2% ABV beer - it was a very frustrating buzz, and left me wanting more. So I kind of forgot about it and continued with my MA stash. I never ventured into the edibles, because I felt D8 was minor leagues.

So yesterday, I'm at a flea market with my wife and I see a CBD / D8 booth and I end up talking to the guy. We're chatting about weed / what it was like in the 80's, how NY legalized weed about 5 minutes after I moved, etc. He asks if I ever tried D8 edibles. I said no, and told him I wasn't really interested as it was pretty weak stuff. He went into this whole thing about how yes, it's different/weaker in flower, but as far as edibles, it metabolizes the same way. He had some brownies and his sales pitch was good enough that I said "ok fine, gimme two brownies" ($5 ea). I said "eat the entire brownie right?" and he says "no way, not to start", to which I replied "dude, I'm super experienced".

So I'm home last night, and figured I'd treat this like I would a normal edible - I'd have half, and then wait 1.5 hours and see where I was. I ate 1/2 a brownie at 6:30, and at 8pm, I did feel a light buzz (which intrigued me), so I ate the other half....

By 8:30, I was certain - this is good. By 9pm, I was very impressed. This was no different than a D9 real-deal edible. Ok, maybe the only difference was whatever it is that makes you paranoid wasn't there (not that I get paranoid, but i recognize the feeling, if that makes any sense). It lasted all night, was strong, and very relaxing. I slept wonderful.

I'm almost questioning whether this was really D8. I mean, honestly, how can the authorities tell the difference without a lab breaking it down? But whatever, I won't question it too much. If it was actually D8, whoa... Game changer.

Last edited:

?????
Since I d

?????

Just got back from our MI vacation, and those dispensaries are light years better than where I go in Illinois and about 1/3 the price. It was like I thought it would be everywhere - wait in the lobby, meet up with my bud guy, answered all the questions and b.s., and helped with the order. Product on display, etc... Just a nice experience.
Where did you go In Michigan?

?????
Since I d

?????

Where did you go In Michigan?
@FairWarning

We drove through what I assume is your neck of the woods in Indiana then spent a couple days in Saugatuck and a couple in East Lansing.

Been smoking weed over 50 years. Moved away from my contact 3 years ago but stocked up and brought a pound with me to last. Moved to NC (not legal here). Discovered the delta products a year ago and have been very pleasantly surprised. Never vaped or done tinctures/oils but hit the edibles. From my experience the baked delta products are far better than the gummies. There's a manufacturer (Notyason'sweed) that makes incredible brownie bites. Local vape shop here has them for $30 for a bag of twelve. Awesome stuff. I do 2 and I've got a solid six hour body buzz. Hard to believe the buzz when you realize the low level of THC. Tip- If you go the gummie route make sure it says "infused". Otherwise, it's just sprayed on delta. Absolutely do NOT get behind the wheel on this stuff. I believe you'd still pop on a drug test and could get a DUI.

Users who are viewing this thread