What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preacher is on AMC and it's pretty decent. Shuke rated it 5* stars! (2 Viewers)

So far so good.  Surreal, but I like that.

I can see how others might not.

Question:

Why isn't Eugene in jail for shooting that girl? Or is this a question that's answered down the road and is part of the plot?

Question:

Why isn't Eugene in jail for shooting that girl? Or is this a question that's answered down the road and is part of the plot?
im not sure ,maybe because daddy`s the sheriff ?

but either way hes certainly not as sympathetic as he was before that was revealed

This is a damn good show. Novel was so well regarded that I read book one. Maybe the bar was too high. I didn't really like it at all. I'm glad the show is deviating and just sticking to the meat of it. Great cast/acting. Great material. So far so good, imo.

Travel Agent: What's your occupation?   You're going to Hell, someone might ask.

(At the same time)

DeBlanc:  Serial Killer.

Fiore: Architect.

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did Emily kill the mayor? That came out of nowhere
I'm guessing because he's the embodiment of her being trapped in the life she has. She doesn't seem to want to be who she is. He's a little wormy guy who keeps coming around, and since he's the only one coming around, she ends up falling back into old patterns and sleeping with him. She doesn't want to eventually give in to having a life with him, which is where she thinks she's headed after telling Tulip he's her boyfriend. She needs to get rid of him, and Cassidy is a way to do it without getting her hands dirty. After all, she just locked him in the room; Cassidy did the actual killing. And he and Jesse then cleaned it up. She didn't have to get involved at all. Plus, Tulip had just left to go kill a man in Albuquerque, and Tulip is the woman Jesse is into, so I'm sure wanting to be a little more like Tulip is also appealing to her.

I'm guessing because he's the embodiment of her being trapped in the life she has. She doesn't seem to want to be who she is. He's a little wormy guy who keeps coming around, and since he's the only one coming around, she ends up falling back into old patterns and sleeping with him. She doesn't want to eventually give in to having a life with him, which is where she thinks she's headed after telling Tulip he's her boyfriend. She needs to get rid of him, and Cassidy is a way to do it without getting her hands dirty. After all, she just locked him in the room; Cassidy did the actual killing. And he and Jesse then cleaned it up. She didn't have to get involved at all. Plus, Tulip had just left to go kill a man in Albuquerque, and Tulip is the woman Jesse is into, so I'm sure wanting to be a little more like Tulip is also appealing to her.
Yep.

I think this part is off.  In one episode (2 weeks before?) Emily said to him, "You know there's no way we're going to be together, right?"

shadyridr said:
yeah and immediately after she said that he followed her into the bedroom
Yeah, she tells him they won't ever be together all the time.  But then she sleeps with him and makes him leave before her kids get up in the morning.  And the thought that at some point she might not make him leave scared her.

I blame the movie she was watching.  It made her all introspective.

Caught bits and pieces yesterday during the marathon.  Found it interesting.  Wish I would have seen it in its entirety.  I believe I may make the effort.

I did see a series of scenes paying homage to Breaking Bad.  Waiting for a ride out of town, by a highly specific concrete structure, dog then crosses the road. 

It's worth a try if you are looking for something different. 

I have high hopes for season two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of the comics. Watched it and had no clue wtf I was watching. Weird show. Not sure I'll keep watching even though it was well done. Just not my bag.
I just finished episode 3 and I feel like some pieces are finally coming together.  The first three episodes have been quirky and disjointed, but good.  The characters are really well done.  The guy playing Cassidy is absolutely hilarious.

just finished the season. man what a great show. im pissed they killed off emily though. that actress is smoking hot.  will miss odin too that guy was hysterical

Bump.

Nice start to season 2. Each of the first two episodes will air back to back this evening beginning at 8.

:popcorn:

last nite's was fun but forgettable. there should be some kind of cost to the Genesis powers (they copped out with his gf not liking him using it) cuz the two guys are presently a little too invulnerable for violent contretemps not to be disposable and junkish.

last nite's was fun but forgettable. there should be some kind of cost to the Genesis powers (they copped out with his gf not liking him using it) cuz the two guys are presently a little too invulnerable for violent contretemps not to be disposable and junkish.
The cost is that every time he uses it, the Saint of Killers can track him. And now Jesse thinks Fiore has called off the cowboy, so he won't be afraid to use it anymore.

The cost is that every time he uses it, the Saint of Killers can track him. And now Jesse thinks Fiore has called off the cowboy, so he won't be afraid to use it anymore.
yeah, that werent said til the monday ep. still looks like it could devolve into a lot of gratuitous "cartoon" violence. if so, you can have it.

Users who are viewing this thread