What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preacher is on AMC and it's pretty decent. Shuke rated it 5* stars! (1 Viewer)

yeah, that werent said til the monday ep. still looks like it could devolve into a lot of gratuitous "cartoon" violence. if so, you can have it.
Ah, I watched the first season and caught up on the second season over the past week. I couldn't remember when they said that about the cowboy tracking the use of Genesis.

It's as if the writers said, "Last season was kind of tame. How can we make this season even bloodier?"

Ah, I watched the first season and caught up on the second season over the past week. I couldn't remember when they said that about the cowboy tracking the use of Genesis.

It's as if the writers said, "Last season was kind of tame. How can we make this season even bloodier?"
yeah, apparently last season was a stretchout of like the first PAGE of the comic book series. it was goofy & messy but it had a structure and developed three engaging characters. now the story supposedly begins & the premise is a damn fine one - a lapsed preacher, his riotgrrl moll & a loadie vampire hit the road in search of a runaway, perhaps renegade, God. but if the search aint much more than setpiece excuses to blow #### up[, ima pass on it perty quick.

ETA: btw, Setpiece Excuses was the name of my Tom Tom Club tribute band

Last edited by a moderator:
This show is so out there.  I love it.

This last episode with the development of Hell.  So low budget but so entertaining.

:blackdot:

started watching S1, got half-way through and really dug it. but now it's nowhere to be found without buying it. don't want to jump to S2 without finishing out the season first.

Humperdoo
best ep of the season. kinda sagged when they first got to Nawlins, but the last two have been pretty great.

:blackdot:

started watching S1, got half-way through and really dug it. but now it's nowhere to be found without buying it. don't want to jump to S2 without finishing out the season first.
not missin that much. S1 is like the 1st page & a half of the comic fleshed out. You could begin watching S2 by being told 3-4 things from the conclusion of S1 - it's really another thing entirely, with S1 introducing you to characters who begin a quest - which is the point of the series - in S2, then watch the remainder of S1 at your leisure.

Saw the first episode when it first came out. Is this worth checking out? 
Highly uneven & enjoyable. Maybe the most engaging trio of lead characters i've seen on TV, especially in an action series. Inconsistent writing  keeps it from being the series i wish it would be, but still fun.

Anyone still in? I just finished Season 3 and I enjoyed it. It's out there and it's nice to watch a show that doesn't take itself so seriously. I never feel the need to watch it weekly or as soon as it's available, but whenever I remember a new season's out I plow through the episodes.

Anyone still in? I just finished Season 3 and I enjoyed it. It's out there and it's nice to watch a show that doesn't take itself so seriously. I never feel the need to watch it weekly or as soon as it's available, but whenever I remember a new season's out I plow through the episodes.
Where did you watch it? Doesn't seem to be streaming anywhere that I can find

Inbred, mentally challenged (have to be real PC here) Jesus never fails to crack me up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread