What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Predict the wild-card playoff schedule (1 Viewer)

Capella

CAPELLODINHO
Winner wins nothing

Sat

4:30 - Miami at Buffalo
8 - 7 Seed at San Francisco

Sun

1 - Baltimore at Cincy
4:30 - Dallas at Tampa
8 - New York at Minnesota

MNF

Chargers at Jacksonville

That just jumps out to me as maybe the marquee match-up of them all.
Yea but isn’t espn 4th in line?

I read that that game has to be the 4/5 matchup because of schedule one reasons the next week (they’ll know who they have to play) but I can’t see them letting that game to espn.

You're assuming I know anything about the logistics of broadcast television. After finishing nearly dead last in each of the two years I participated in Sarnoff's television cancellation poll, I can assure you of two things:

1) I have no clue about how it works.

2) Never bet against an ER show, legal show, or police procedural. People really love that ****.

Sat
Early Lac at jags
Mid 7 at SF
Night NYG at minny

Sun
Early Mia at buf
Mid Dal at tb
Night Balt at cincy

I'm guessing Dallas/Tampa is the primetime game Saturday night. That's gotta be the marquee matchup and I always thought that's reserved for Saturday night.

You can absolutely lock in LAC-Jax for the early game Saturday.

Probably Tampa-Dallas Saturday night

Minny-NYG feels like the quintessential Sunday early game

I'll say SF-7th seed Sunday afternoon, Buf-Mia Sun night and Cinci-Balt on MNF

That just jumps out to me as maybe the marquee match-up of them all.

I read that that game has to be the 4/5 matchup because of schedule one reasons the next week (they’ll know who they have to play) but I can’t see them letting that game to espn.
I wondered about that last year (they did have LAR-Ari, which was a 4/5 game). I get that they don't want a team to have to play Monday and then again on Saturday, but how can they guarantee anything? In the days when the 2 seeds still got byes, they could schedule the divisional round in advance. But with only one bye, they have no idea who will be hosting the next round's games. If all goes chalk, the 4/5 winner plays the 1 seed. But they could also end up hosting a game if the 6 and 7 seeds win

I suppose the other issue is that they want to avoid the MNF winner playing a team that played on Saturday and had two extra days of rest. Not sure how you ensure that doesn't happen.

I don’t think the Saturday night is the prime spot at this point. It’s either 430 Sunday or 815 Sunday, I think.

I would say

Sat 430: lac-jax

Sat 815: NYG-MIN

Sun 100: Cin-Bal

Sun 430: SF-GB or Buf-Mia

Sun 815: Dallas-Tampa

Mon night: Sf-Sea or BUF-MIA

Sat 4:30-Baltimore at Cincinnati
Sat 8:00-Giants at Minnesota

Sun 1:00-Miami at Buffalo
Sun 4:30-Chargers at Jacksonville
Sun 8:00-Green Bay vs San Francisco

MNF-Dallas at Tampa Bay

I don’t think the Saturday night is the prime spot at this point. It’s either 430 Sunday or 815 Sunday, I think.

I would say

Sat 430: lac-jax

Sat 815: NYG-MIN

Sun 100: Cin-Bal

Sun 430: SF-GB or Buf-Mia

Sun 815: Dallas-Tampa

Mon night: Sf-Sea or BUF-MIA
Good point that it matters who SF is playing. Packers are a much sexier matchup

My prediction:

1. Saturday 4:30 - Jax vs LAC
2. Saturday 8 - TB vs Dal (this could also be Sunday night)
3. Sunday 1 - Buf vs Mia
4. Sunday 4:30 - Min vs NYG
5. Sunday 8:00 - SF vs 7 seed
6. Monday - Cincy vs Bal

I think Jags/Chargers will be the MNF game. Even with the addition of Buck and Aikman, the MNF game doesn't have the prestige of years past. The Sunday night is THE prime time game of the week. That will be Dallas/TB. Besides, Herbert vs Lawrence for MNF is a good promo.

I think with everything that has happened in the last week, they will want the Bengals and Bills playing the same day, that way they have the same days of rest if they face off in the divisional round, My guess is the Bengals will be the Saturday afternoon game and the Mia/Buffalo game is Sat night.

4pm sat- LAC vs Jax
8pm sat- Mia vs Buffalo
1pm sun- NYG vs MIn
430pm sun- Dal vs TB
8pm sun- GB vs SF
8pm mon- Bal vs Cin

If Tua plays, Miami and Buffalo is def the best matchup. 2 great regular season matchups and two young gun slingers. Saturday night

Herbert vs Lawrence will probably be Sunday night.

Aikman will do Dallas and Tampa so that will be Monday

Zero chance LAC-JAX is 430 on Sunday.
Why so?
Lac jags is the first Saturday game 99% of the time
Yup that’s an easy one. I think the other easy one is Dallas/Tampa Saturday night.
No shot. That's the #1 or #2 prime matchup. It'll be Sunday 4pm or 8pm
I always thought Saturday night was the prime slot but yeah I guess things have changed with the additional time slots.

The new TV deal patched up whatever game assigning Cold War existed between NFL and ESPN. Monday schedule was way better this year and ESPN gets best game of first round.

Most surprised that SF-Seattle got the jumpseat over Jax-LAC. Will probably be a blowout, but that's a great rivalry game with two devoted fan bases.

Zero chance LAC-JAX is 430 on Sunday.
Why so?
Lac jags is the first Saturday game 99% of the time
Yup that’s an easy one. I think the other easy one is Dallas/Tampa Saturday night.
No shot. That's the #1 or #2 prime matchup. It'll be Sunday 4pm or 8pm
I always thought Saturday night was the prime slot but yeah I guess things have changed with the additional time slots.
I had the same thought. Is it possible I know less than I think I do?

No, it is the children who are wrong.

People on Twitter I follow are shocked at this schedule. Why the hell is bengals ravens Sunday night?

People on Twitter I follow are shocked at this schedule. Why the hell is bengals ravens Sunday night?
Right, especially given that Lamar might not play and could be limited if he does.
Yup. We just saw that game today, didn’t seem especially competitive and Lamar either comes back after 5 weeks off or it’s another snoozefest. Al Michaels calling the Jacksonville game Saturday night? Extremely bizarre.

Saturday:
49ers-Seahawks: 4:30 ET on FOX
Chargers-Jaguars: 8:15 ET on NBC

Sunday:
Dolphins-Bills: 1:00 ET on CBS
Giants-Vikings: 4:30 ET on FOX
Ravens-Bengals: 8:15 ET on NBC

Monday:
Cowboys-Bucs: 8:15 ET on ESPN

I have zero interest in watching even one quarter of most of these games….
I will probably flip to see the score, but tbh after my FF season ends, my NFL interest fades.

"Alright guys, now we're gonna flip this quarter 10 times, guess which times it comes up heads."

"Def gonna be 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, and 10. That's a streaky quarter if I've ever seen one."

"Yeah right. The sun is shining bright, the electromagnetic energy is gonna push the heavy head side down HARD, only gonna be 4 and 8."

"1, 3, 5, 7, 9. Duh! It's random, that means it can't be the same thing twice in a row."

Users who are viewing this thread